1. Teggy

Teggy

The writing in the
    pumping station
    side quest was so good. The main story of the quest, plus what happens when you are there plus the audio and text files all together...

Something stupid that is distracting me is Aloy’s hair. She just has too much, it doesn’t look human. It’s like braids attached on top of extensions on top of hair. I know it’s weird but I keep trying to figure out how she could have that many follicles.

2. daniel77733

daniel77733

Finished The Frozen Wilds a few minutes ago and not only is Horizon my 2017 goty but The Frozen Wilds is my expansion of the year as well. Easy 9/10. Best DLC since the two Witcher III expansions. I know that it's going to be a few years but bring on the sequel!!! :)

3. Level 9 CPU

Level 9 CPU

Frozen Wilds is making me appreciate this game even more than before. I'm early on in the dlc but it's really great. A prime example of post launch content.

4. Voxels

Voxels

[​IMG]

This DLC is really something. I stood up 'till 5am out of shear intrigue. I needed to know how things came to be, just uh. I personally rate the DLC higher than the full game, it's just so much more refined, dense, improved, and challenging. Even if you spam shit, there's just no guarantee of winning. The side missions are better than the main and main missions better than the base game by a wide margin.

I've never been in this much wonder since PS1 days.

5. I also just finished the DLC, really loved the story and quests. Especially loved the discussions with
    CYAN
    after the quest line end.

Didn't enjoy the new enemies as much as the base game enemies, but that's fine, they were difficult and fit well for late game content. The towers were neat though and made for some good fights.

Not sure that I have the drive to go for all the trophies in The Frozen Wilds or the new game/ultra hard, but between this DLC and the base game it is probably my GotY.

6. Wollan

Wollan

Horizon is my Goty, I rarely put 80 hours into a game anymore but this game devoured me.
    There's however new and exciting thinking in how to approach an open world game and I believe Zelda really showed the way in terms of exploration and I think this article touches upon this perfectly: https://www.avclub.com/open-world-games-are-broken-and-nintendo-spent-2017-tr-1820333889
    I'm sure there's some Guerrilla devs browsing this thread and I'm sure they read the article before most but still I feel the need to point it out. If we can learn from that one aspect w/free-form climbing and whatnot (while keeping all other aspects that make Horizon stand out like its thrilling combat, it's rich identity, protagonist & story) then that would be wonderful. And cross-gen 60fps.

I also noted this somewhat in my personal review of the game back in March before playing Zelda (posted elsewhere on the interwebs), hope you don't mind me re-posting it here:

7. X-Frame

X-Frame

I am almost done with the DLC and found it absolutely excellent. I don’t want to get into spoilers but I love pretty much everything about it.

My only criticism is that I wish the areas were populated with more non-Daemon aggressive robots that I can corrupt and/or Override. There seems to be a lack of these non-Daemon aggressive types. I want to Override the new machines to fight against old machines and vice versa or against Daemon versions.

8. shoemasta

shoemasta

Is there a good place to farm metal shards in ultra hard NG+? I'm in the DLC and its pretty brutal especially since the new machines are so aggressive.

9. Chikane

Chikane

So i finished everything but the Game completion says 98.55?

I did all the datapoints

world
    quest

Only the audio datapoints - Which is pointless since i missed #24 and #25 which GG said they were gonna fix in a coming patch

Anyone know what i could be missing? do you need the audio datapoints for 100%

10. Ruthless

Ruthless

None of the data points are required for 100%.

You are probably missing some weapon or armor.

11. Applesauce

Applesauce

Compare your game stats to this to see what you're missing

https://imgur.com/a/HUDrP

12. IIFloodyII

IIFloodyII

Finished it up thought it was really good too. One of my favourite pieces of additional content yet.
    Not really got a lot to say, but I think my favourite thing about was it had some really good quest and new characters.

Also, I really can't wait to see what improvements GG make with 2, if they can improve the facial animations that much in less than a year I can't imagine what 2 is going to look like.

13. Chikane

Chikane

Thanks but i was talking about the Frozen wilds

Ok i found 23 -25 audio data points and the game completion went up to 99.27% which means that those two that are missable is the only way to get to 100%

Here is a quote from GG
    Hope they fix this shit soon.

14. I beat the base game yesterday and installed the DLC last night. Problem is none of the three NPCs that give the quest to start it are appearing. Is there something I can do?

Edit: Nevermind. I closed the application and reopened it and bingo bango.

15. IIFloodyII

IIFloodyII

Do you have a big Frozen Wild logo on the top right of the main menu? Maybe it hasn't installed right.

Also, have you tried just going into the DLC area? You can't miss the actual starting point of the DLC, as it's the only way to go.

Edit: oh you fixed it yourself.

16. JORMBO

JORMBO
    User requested ban Member

Finished this today. Probably the best DLC I have ever played. The final area was really well done.

17. Trouble

Trouble

Ugh, I think my game is bugged. :(

I'm in Cauldron Epsilon in the recycling area and my allies have disappeared so I'm blocked from getting to the next section.

Anyone run into this? Is there anything I can do besides restore an earlier save and hope it doesn't happen again?

18. Freezasaurus

Freezasaurus

Yeah, happened to me too. I reloaded the checkpoint and everything was fine.

19. Trouble

Trouble

I ran around for a while and they eventually respawned in the place they were supposed to be waiting.

20. The datapoints don't count towards percentage. (the text ones definitely don't at least) You're most likely missing a unique modification. There's 11 of them. Having 10 will have you at 99.27%. The Insulated Weave mod is located in a chest at the base of the control tower in the area where you fought the claws beneath and where a fireclaw is post game. It's bugged for most people though and the chest doesn't exist. GG said they're looking into it.

21. Soupman Prime

Soupman Prime

Quick question, do I gotta the last quest again or can I just start the dlc? Platinumed the game and never really played it much unless I felt like taking out some Stormbirds.

It's been a while.

22. MultiverseMob

MultiverseMob

It's in the OP This post contains hidden text. Quote to reveal it.

23. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Hmm, I haven't finished the DLC yet, but are there
    daemonic Stormbirds or Behemoths
    in it? I think I saw
    a daemonic Ravager, but I can't remember for sure, and I saw the a daemonic Thunderjaw (hits like a truck haha)

24. Ruthless

Ruthless

unfortunately, no daemonic stormbirds in the dlc

25. Gn0mercy

Gn0mercy

Started this today... am reminded why I fell in love with the first game. First of all, this game has no business looking better than the base game. Have no idea how they are pulling off visuals like this.

The writing is much improved, as is the voice acting/mocap. I particularly like how many different words are used in regular conversation. In one of the side quest, there's a chatty NPC. Was a nice touch that said NPC keeps talking as I go about my business, weaving in and out of rooms and ducts. I immediately thought 'my friend is EXACTLY like that', felt very life like. The sub stories/world lore also feel more fleshed out, executed better.

One of my two biggest complaints was also addressed! The camera does not zoom in when you enter a settlement. God that really bugged me in the first game. Unfortunately, the camera behind Aloy still moves left and right. Other than that, im LTTP but enjoying myself.

26. Chikane

Chikane

Yeah that's appears to be my problem i got 10 unique modification and just now i went and killed that fire idiot claws and there's nothing there.

This is bullshit so i cant get to 100%

27. Socivol

Socivol

This DLC is so meaty I have been playing for probably about 7 hours and I feel like I have barely gotten into the main quest at all. It's insane they have been able to make something like this in such a short amount of time.

28. Ruthless

Ruthless

Why is that bullshit? The 100% means nothing in the game - not tied to any trophy, achievement, quest, unlockable, etc.

I get that people are completionists and like to do/get everything in the game, and to that the devs have already announced a fix.

29. Dabi3

Dabi3

81 hours later and my time with Horizon + Frozen Wilds has come to an end. Can't wait to explore The Forbidden West in the sequel.

30. Chikane

Chikane

Its bullshit cause its a bug that's stopping me from getting 100% that's why?

31. Ruthless

Ruthless

Sure, but repeating that the devs "fix this shit" will not help. They are trying to ascertain the cause of the bug, and being the proactive devs that they are, you can expect a patch to fix this issue in the near future.

They pushed 2 patches in the first week of the DLC, they like to keep on top of things.

32. Genetrik

Genetrik

I actually love it when games do that. Makes it for me much more immersive. So I am pretty disappointed to hear about this change.

33. Ruthless

Ruthless

Venture

[​IMG]

:)

34. Chikane

Chikane

I didn't know that the devs were looking to fix this bug till you point it out in you're post.

So i apologize for my post..

I'll just do something else in the meantime.

35. Finished it. Game looked stunning. Just beautiful. Can’t be said enough. I enjoyed the DLC although it was a pain bit being able to just start the DLC from the main menu and had to redo some of the first part of the base game get there. It was meaty and worth the price of admission. The new machines were quite relentless and tough (especially if you got close to the scorcher and the frost/fireclaw could do with being toned down). I don’t think the new weapons really added much of anything though but nice to have been included. Overall a good expansion. Maybe not a must have after all this time but if you love the game or play them together for the first time then it’s certainly worth playing. And yeah it’s absolutely gorgeous.

36. MultiverseMob

MultiverseMob

Why didn't you just load your original save file?

37. I lost it when I saved as a New Game + which was annoying.

38. Dany

Dany

Really good DLC. I want more. The tribal stuff isn't my favorite but I quite enjoyed it by making it a very personal character story.

DANG: I should really finish my NG+ so I could
    have more conversations with CYAN. Are they good

39. Rebetherick

Rebetherick

Tied up the main quests and have loved it. I didn't enjoy the snowy parts in the base game but this has certainly changed my mind. Now the long wait to Horizon 2.

One thing that could be improved was that it was hard to hear some of the audio data points where you found them due to all the background noise. Pretty sure that happened in the base game also though.

40. Gabora

Gabora

I have to commend the devs for forcing us to fight as few human enemies as possible in the DLC. Going through the main game on NG+ fighting human enemies is this game's lowest point by far.

41. Ruthless

Ruthless

Patch 1.43 just went live.

42. stryke

stryke

Finished the main quest for Frozen Wilds, enjoyed it a lot.

I still hope one day we get to play Rost's tragic story.

43. I'm looking at this expansion as my next game after AC: Origins. I haven't really looked at any reviews because I wanted to stay spoiler free.

Is the expansion main quest as good as the main game's story? That shit was amazing. Because if it is, I'm in

44. Venture

Venture

Haha, good to know. Thanks.

45. Maxime

Maxime

I think I am the only one concerned here, but still: The Unique Mod issue is still bugged :(

Someone @ Guerilla said they were working on it. Hope it'll be fixed soon!

46. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Oh cool, I hope they fixed the day/night cycle bug!

47. The Proving Ground on this one sure is tough to get Gold. Can’t manage it on any. But don’t have the patience to keep replaying. Not going to get level 60 either without some grinding. I think I’ll move on now though as opposed to just going for the Trophies for completion purposes.

48. SunhiLegend

SunhiLegend
    The Legend Continues Member

49. Derrick01

Derrick01

About to start replaying this so I can do the DLC. Question first though: What's the favor framerate pro option? I don't recall the game having performance issues on resolution mode so does performance just uncap it from 30? It also says it enhances some effects so are we talking a noticeable difference?

edit: That gif, goddamn :o

50. Ishmae1

Ishmae1
    Creative Director, Microsoft Verafied

Finished the main DLC story last night and have most of the side quests completed. This is the only PS game I've earned the platinum in and likely will be the only PS game I ever platinum, until an eventual sequel.

The end boss fight wasn't as fun as I thought it could have been. It just became a big bullet sponge battle (even with the towers taken out), as the augmented bear machine preferred you over your teammates, even when you weren't attacking it at all and they were, making it difficult to get any range and set up any kind of hardpoint shots. The ability of the machine to leap across the entire arena in a few swipes didn't help either.

The earlier fight against the three non-augmented bear machines was much more fun for me due to the terrain - you could use it to get some advantage or gain some space. Nothing like that existed in the final fight.

Overall, it was a great side-adventure for Aloy and added in some nice reaffirmation of what happened in the main story - now I really just want the story to move forwards instead of sideways.

Only bugs I encountered were a few T-pose blinks in conversations, Aloy's fascination with selling bluegleam even in the middle of raiding the bandit camp, and weird day / night transition pops during battles. The snow (plus long nights) could make it hard to see, especially at night, even in HDR / 4K.

Great game, great DLC.