1. Zing

Zing

When I start an investigation, I fire SOS, and within 2 minutes I have four people. I don’t do this with assigned quests, so I can’t comment there, but optional and investigation fill every single time. I do this for around 6 hours each day without fail.

If you search for others’ specific SOS, you will likely get nothing since the quests fill immediately. I always start my own, mainly because I prefer to limit the playercount to three (four is too easy, but I want some company).

I have nothing against Xbox. I’m sure the game plays fine on both, in regards to player availability.

My main poison weapon is Sword and Shield. I have the same trouble with my charge attack!

2. Xeteh

Xeteh

Your art style is so awesome.

3. infinite

infinite

Ticket?

4. Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago

Asking again, what allows the Elder Melder to add different Decorations? Story Progression? Specific Quests?
    All the ones she's offering me so far suck. I haven't surpassed the story portion of defeating all three Elders yet.

5. Zetta

Zetta

Well I just heard my favorite theme in this game.

This game just keeps surprising me, GOTY title and I don't see it getting toppled.

6. Murasaki

Murasaki

SOS Nergigante is a real roll of the dice, huh? Not that I can claim complete innocence, but thankfully my cart didn't cost that us that particular hunt.

7. WadeIt0ut

WadeIt0ut

Got an Elderseal 3 jewel. Don't know if I'm going to ever use it though.

8. squidyj

squidyj

Yeah i don't like playing coop because I hate hate hate being the weak link in a group. If I fail solo it's just me, but if I fail in a group in MHW i'm letting my whole team down.

9. Blaackstarr

Blaackstarr

So apparently the ticket I need to craft the lvl 3 Handicraft charm is a 9 star quest? I don't have to do all of the optional quest do I? Cause that aint gonna happen, lol. I'd rather pray to the RNG gods and get a decoration.

10. WadeIt0ut

WadeIt0ut

Nah I had the coms to do it before I ever earned the quest myself.

11. Astral

Astral

I fucking love being friendly fired into mounting a monster lol.

12. Geist 6one7

Geist 6one7

PS4?

13. thetrin

thetrin
    Content Acquisition at DANGEN Entertainment Verafied

Awww hell yeah. I had done so many quests that right after beating the twin bazelgeuses, I shot right up to HR 49 LOL. Now to help my crew get up to 49, and then take on Tempered Kirin.........

It's a less of a dice roll if you look for investigations. That tends to attract the better players, and it's the more efficient way to get gear.

I don't think it's story progression, because I'm in post game, and the choice of decorations hasn't increased.

14. Darkwing-Buck

Darkwing-Buck

goddamn this game has sweet animations

15. SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Not yet -- This is the only place I've seen word of a 1.06 patch: http://updatecrazy.com/monster-hunter-world-update-1-06/

Nothing on the official Twitter account: https://twitter.com/mh_official_jp or the official U.S. website: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update_ver101/

I don't think we got any performance improvements with 1.05 so I'm hoping 1.06 finally brings that, along with other fixes like the HDR on X1X.

16. Astral

Astral

I’m getting really tired of people Flash podding a flying monster while I’m mounted on it. Why the hell?

17. BDS

BDS

You will never get the opportunity to meld better decorations. It's just there for trash decorations.

18. thetrin

thetrin
    Content Acquisition at DANGEN Entertainment Verafied

My experience was that Kushala was a pushover with my team, Teostra was really hard, and Vaal ended up being really easy for the members that had 3 Miasma jewels.

We've only fought it once, so I'm sure one our second or third run in with Kushala my opinion will change. Vaal is just not an issue anymore. We straight up farm it now.

Probably because they want to ground it, but don't realize it kicks you off your mount.

19. Astral

Astral

It’s really dumb. Not only is it gonna be grounded anyway, but they’re shortening the amount of time it’s downed. A monster is down a lot longer from a mounted attack than from a flash pod stun.

20. Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago

Aww :(

21. Is it true that you shouldn't attack any monster being mounted by another player because it may disrupt their attempt to bring it down?

22. BDS

BDS

This was true in 4 and 4U but is no longer the case (thank god). Now attacking the monster makes it easier for the player to take it down.

23. drewfonse

drewfonse

Ok, I've never played a MH game before, beyond the beta for this.

Just ordered it.

The HH seems really appealing, but will it be too complex for a beginner? I like the idea of playing more of a support class, even though I understand that you still can do some damage.

Input from vets would be appreciated, thanks!

24. Night Angel

Night Angel

Eh, the damage done is usually worth it as they'll get the knockdown anyway. The only things that interrupt and waste an opportunity are cutting tails and flash bombs.

25. Only if the player knocks it down with something like weapons, traps or bombs.

26. Murasaki

Murasaki

I guess people think they're helping. Could you set a custom shoutout and stick it on the radial menu? NO FLASH PODS!!! or something like that.

27. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

I wonder if I was to use another weapon, for example if / when I play on PC (or if all of a sudden I decide to change it up again, although thats less likely as I feel at 110+ hours im starting to wind down), what would I go for. The logical next step from Gunlance and Lance would be charge blade since its also a shield thing, but everybody and their mother is CB. Maybe Switch Axe, that looks neat. The big weapons would be a drastic change and I would have to learn to dodge better, so that might be a new challenge aswell.

28. Zacmortar

Zacmortar

The Uragaan Bow looks real sick but it lacks Power coating :/

29. Vilix

Vilix

I fainted twice and cost a group of randoms their hunt right before the beast died. Damnit! I think I need to switch to a light bowgun.

On a lighter side I got my Baan armor set.

30. Astral

Astral

Maybe. I haven’t tried using the radial menu while mounting.

Unrelated, how necessary is it to have Effluvial Expert during the Vaal Hazak fight? I’m about to fight it and I’m assuming I’ll need it since it’s in the Rotten Vale, but I don’t wanna sacrifice my max Earplugs to equip the Girros waist gear that gives you Effluvial Expert.

31. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

I mean, I didnt have it (or know about it) but I did go through all my nulberries and carted once. Was probably the most annoying of the elders for me,more than Kushala because of that.

32. Astral

Astral

Shit, well then it looks like I should just equip it. One fight without Earplugs level 5 shouldn’t hurt.

33. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

I have Earplugs Level 0 (lol) throughtout the whole game and I finished it and am rank 43 atm, and I dont have PS+ so it was all solo. you'll be fine, I'm mediocre at best.

I dont think I ever died in the game from being stunned from a shreek. I mena its annoying sure, but from my experience they dont really stun you with it then attack?

34. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

does anyone have a link to the post here or in the other thraed that had quite a few options changes for quality of life improvements? i can't find it :( it would be much appreciated

35. Astral

Astral

They do sometimes but it’s usually avoidable if you spam roll while you’re stunned. I know the Rathalos loves combing his roar into a fireball. I just hate being interrupted during a GS charge attack so Earplugs is really nice to have for that.

36. Hyun Sai

Hyun Sai

Dual Beetlejuice was easier than I thought. A couple of Dung pods, a couple of Flash pods, a few traps and they were destroyed and captured. Seems like they got much less life than usual (at least when you doing the quest solo).

37. Ok Era we'll see how this goes and if if we can get a few people in on this. I made an Era squad just now for those of us on ps4. Send friend invites to psn; Raidenshugelaser. I'll add you, invite you to the room, and from there I can invite you to the squad. From then on when you hop online you can go to Squad session search and if any of us are online you'll be taken straight to the era room to play. Max is 50 members so I don't know how many are even interested in this. I play pretty much nightly so I'll try to get everyone in as much as possible.

Seems that when you can boot up the online , you pick which squads room to search for. So I think you can swap inbetween pretty quickly. Seems you can also pick your active squad on the fly just in menu, so I have no idea how it works if you're in your friends squad room then swap. Like, does it make your friends squad unable to hop into the new squad you're part of? Guess I'll be the test monkey and find out.
    Add PSN Raidenshugelaser and I'll invite you to the room and give you a squad invite.
    Yeah ps4

38. Can I join you? I have a squad, but I wanna join more than one.

39. Yeah if you want to be member #2 shoot me a friend invite

40. Great! I just done sent one.

41. Grexeno

Grexeno

Where can I farm Vines for Pitfall traps?

42. tiebreaker

tiebreaker

Better safe than cart

43. Dyno

Dyno

Well it's over as this grind definitely isn't for me . Loved this game and can't wait for more. However I noticed most people have like twice as much health and stamina as me by the end. I had what I started with. I missed something important didn't I?

44. Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago

Ivy? I start in the Ancient Forest Camp of Ancient Forest and essentially spiral downwards (towards the right), you'll run into a split where you'll get two Ivy on either side. Collect, fast travel back to camp and repeat.

45. Night Angel

Night Angel

Eat at the canteen or at the tables by the tents out on a hunt. They give you +50 health and stamina for the chef's choice.

46. Dyno

Dyno

Oh... no wonder most of the tempered elders could OHKO me. Well I'll have to try remember that for when the DLC comes out. That sure would have made this last stretch a lot easier.

47. Dineren

Dineren

You can also increase your health to max with a max potion and increase your stamina by eating rations. Useful to know if you've carted (or you wanted different bonuses from the canteen).

48. Grisby

Grisby

Died to nergigante and my teammates finished him off. Spent the the remaining seconds trying to run back to his corpse only to get to the first knife animation and have the quest finished. :(

49. Xeteh

Xeteh

Posted this in the beginner thread but just an example of why I'm having so much fun with the Lance.

50. Murasaki

Murasaki

Nice and easy. Thanks for the invite!