1. Jazzem

Jazzem

That reminds me, does anyone else find Ripper Roo the most difficult boss in 2? So weird to say for the first boss in the game ha. He took me the most attempts, maybe with Tiny as a close second.

2. Kinsei

Kinsei

I got to the end of Cold Hard Crash with 144/145 boxes. I have to do that god forsaken death route again.

[​IMG]

3. Wiped

Wiped

So turns out this game is a bit of a disappointment. I bought it for my gf (Switch version) who was very excited at first, given she loves Crash though she's not a gamer at all.

She played about five levels of Crash 1 and became very frustrated/got stuck. She also tried Crash 3 on my advice since it's supposed to be easier, but she says the graphics look really 'dated'. She hasn't gone back to it since, so the whole thing has to go down as a disappointment really.

4. Dark1x

Dark1x
    Digital Foundry Verafied

That's...odd.

I mean, Crash has always been difficult and this is really very similar to the originals.

Beyond that, it definitely doesn't look dated!

5. Wiped

Wiped

Yeah, I didn't realise how hard it is. She said she hasn't played since she was a child and doesn't remember it being so difficult.

I had a go myself and can see what she means, the image quality on handheld mode on Crash 3 seems a lot softer than Crash 1. I don't know if it's just the bigger/less focused environments. I thought Crash 1 looked pretty good running in docked mode.

Think I'm going to try again by buying her Captain Toad in a couple of weeks. She enjoyed doing the Toad levels for me on 3D World.

6. Kinsei

Kinsei

It's a real shame that a game as good as Crash 2 ends on such a low note. The jet pack stages in the final warp room are terrible and the final boss is the worst one in the game. At least the other three stages are pretty fun (although getting the box gem in Night Fight is a bit tedious).

7. 99humanity

99humanity

I feel this way about Crash 3 except every warp room has at least 1 level I just want to get over with. The underwater, plane, and motorcycle levels are just annoying. Those levels + the powerups are why Crash 3 is my least favorite

8. Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

When I first beat Crash 2 when I had it on Vita I honestly thought Cortex was a joke final boss and I'd get the real fight once I collected all the gems. Masterful platformer otherwise but oof at that finale.

9. I bought the collection this morning and I'm...pretty disappointed. I have my receipt, so I'm thinking about trying to return it to Walmart and maybe throwing an extra $20 at Wolfenstein or Mario Tennis Aces.

It's not overly difficult or anything, it just feels really mediocre and stiff. I'm just coming off Tropical Freeze (so maybe that's it?) but the gulf in quality between the two games is just staggering.