1. GazRB

GazRB

Why don’t you just wait?

2. Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper

Ok maybe its the publisher that gave me that idea.

3. Monarch1501

Monarch1501
    Designer @ Dontnod Verafied

I hope you had the time to speak with the drunk one. Always cracks me up how she treats Jonathan. Pro-tip if you didn't notice yet.
    During certain main missions, most of the Citizens will have specific dialogues options unlocked regarding your ongoing investigation. Talking with them can lead you to very specific piece of information that could prove to be of use later on.

4. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

When's the review embargo? Shouldn't we be seeing them by now?

5. Tohsaka

Tohsaka

Tomorrow.

6. Dphex

Dphex
    Banned Member

i had medicine way before chapter 3 and there was nothing which explained how to heal people...why does it say L1 to mesmerise and not R1 to heal? there is nothing that indicates that R1 is heal, even after you know how to do it or done it it doesn´t prompt on screen, the prompt is not there. Theoretically you could play the whole game wondering how to heal anyone...because there was nothing that explained that or it was poorly explained...

7. dlauv

dlauv

Tomorrow 3pm pst.

8. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

Ah thanks!

Watching some livestream right now, game seems really good.

9. litebrite

litebrite

To add, the use and purposeful mispelling of Vampir was probably business related as they can copyright the one word title and when people search Vampyr on Google, Youtube, etc... their search results are primarily this game instead of other media or mentions had they used Vampire or Vampir.

10. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

time/date is right above the trailers in the OP btw^^

11. JetSetRadio

JetSetRadio

Oh I'll wait but it makes reviewers look like a publisher's tool.

edit: And I might be missing something here but I can't think of a single reason except "let's hope a good portion of people buy or pre-order (non refundable digital) our stuff before reviews drop.It's just a bad look and probably not even necessary looking at impressions. But we"ll see!

12. Pilgore

Pilgore

This is probably the biggest reason but like I said earlier there are bat species that start with the word "vampyr" like Vampyrus Spectrum, Vampyressa elisabethae or Vampyressa sinchi, etc.

13. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

it's not a misspelling, it's one of many archaic ways to spell the word across numerous languages.

https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1G1-164950419/the-word-vampire-its-slavonic-form-and-origin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Vampyr
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampyr:_A_Soap_Opera
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampyr
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/art...s-of-dracula-and-the-wolf-man/article4357031/
    [​IMG]

it's also an easy way to differentiate it from the "Vampire: The Masquerade" IP (in video games) which is currently owned by Paradox.

14. Spartancarver

Spartancarver

Very interested in this, will keep an eye out for the reviews tomorrow

15. litebrite

litebrite

Well it's use then. LOL

16. Bricks

Bricks

I'd be more surprised if Olivier disappointed, honestly.

17. Xaero Gravity

Xaero Gravity

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

18. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

lol how did you find that gif

19. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member

it's from the pilot episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (50 seconds into the clip):

20. Xaero Gravity

Xaero Gravity

PapiGFunk is quite frankly an idiot and one of the most annoying YouTubers I've ever seen. Unfortunately, he does always get games early so if you're curious about collector's edition unboxings, he's the guy. Just watch him on mute for the sake of your sanity.

21. GavinUK86

GavinUK86

I am so excited for this one. Going to get it on PC on launch day. Hope it's a decent port. Remember Me and Life is Strange always ran well.

22. Magoo

Magoo

Thanks, I didn't know that about the dialogue, I had only been going and talking to people when it shows the exclamation mark on the map saying they had something new to say.

I did have an investigation for one of the Paxtons and I was on my way to it when I noticed things went bad with the father. But it failed with everything that happened.

Think I'm going back over there next though to do some of the others I have.

23. Edge

Edge
    Community Resettler Member

Are you kidding me now? There is a whole main mission, the last Chapter 2 mission, dedicated just to teach you how to heal people. The whole long mission that wants you to go through the abandoned part of the hospital is only there so that you get all the ingredients for your first heal crafting.
    Then the game tells you to go into the room and heel this one person. When you speak with him this huge prompt appears.
    It's in German but you get it.

[​IMG]

Are you even looking at the screen while playing or are you just wandering around in places where you don't supposed to be yet?

This makes me mad because this is exactly the kind of stuff that lands in bad reviews at the end, just like with State of Decay 2, simple wrong facts just because the reviewer seems to pay no attention to the game that he plays.

You have a point tho that there isn't a R1/RB Button prompt that is permanently on the screen, I give you that, but there is indeed a huge main mission tutorial for it. If you missed that (for whatever reason) then it's your fault.

24. Dphex

Dphex
    Banned Member

i could swear there was no such pop up on PS4...and when it was it´s easy to miss because you have so much information to digest that it can be easily missed. And there you have it what i said: in the upper left corner it says "LB:Mesmerise" why does it not say that in the right hand corner "RB:Heal" ? because it´s missing!

any why is there no information which you can read again, like a tutorial with button prompts where you can look something up if you missed it? in this case, if you missed this one(!) pop up prompt situation, you are out of luck and do not know how to heal anyone because it wasn´t critically needed to heal this person there...you could have just walked away, there was no explicit: "Heal this person now or you can´t progress" situation...

25. Dinjoralo

Dinjoralo

I'm still waiting on my key from GMG.

26. Edge

Edge
    Community Resettler Member

The way it is designed makes me think if this is maybe just an optical bug and the same button logo just in white (and with RB on it) should originally be on the other end of the text right text.
    Monarch1501 , can you say something about it?

It looks odd, as it should be there.

27. Murasaki

Murasaki

I didn't realise that you could lock yourself out of Hints with a "wrong" dialogue choice. Was hoping to max blood quality for all NPCs; won't be happening now :(

28. More_Badass

More_Badass
    Member OP

That’s good to hear. Always enjoy when RPGs aren’t afraid of consequences like that

29. Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper

Is combat a big part of the game? Ive seen people say its about 50/50. Thats not a bad thing by any means, but if I want to play with more combat, is that an option?

Also, does anyone have any idea how long the game is, or atleast the main campaign?

30. Monarch1501

Monarch1501
    Designer @ Dontnod Verafied

Thanks for pointing that out. Gonna check tomorrow at work w/ fellow collegues how it's done and see if the tutorial pop-up does appears 100% of the time.

31. Karak

Karak

Ya...ya
    If folks want consequences in a game. This is the one to keep an eye on because damn.

32. R8ER34

R8ER34

Getting some serious Bloodborne vibes from the Soundtrack - particularly the main theme. Very excite!

33. Dancrane212

Dancrane212

So X support is confirmed? Wonderful.

Hopefully I'll have Red Dead finished before Tuesday so I can dive right into Vampyr.

34. More_Badass

More_Badass
    Member OP

Sounds very promising

Have you played Age of Decadence and Vampire: Bloodlines? How does it compare to those, if you have?

35. BestBuy still hasn't shipped my copy. I wonder if they'll mext day it tomorrow or I'm just going t oget it late. I'm fine with either.

36. More_Badass

More_Badass
    Member OP

Question for those playing: can you turn off objective markers, and if so, does the world feel dense and readable enough that you can navigate by landmarks and learning the layout of the districts?

37. hank_tree

hank_tree

They can. But then they won’t have a review for a few days after release at the earliest. How does that help exactly?

38. Sir Guts

Sir Guts

Once again, beautiful OT. I pre-ordered and downloaded on the X. Now to wait two more days. Hype!!

39. Cocksman

Cocksman

Looks pretty interesting. I’ll get it down the line in a Black Friday sale probably

40. J_kingg

J_kingg

Great work OP! Waiting for reviews and ERA impressions before I purchase.

41. Murasaki

Murasaki

You can turn off the HUD and mission markers. The game's map is fine for orientation, how well one can navigate without it will be down to the individual player.

42. Karak

Karak

Yes. I test that and have done 50/50 and its easily doable if you occasionally check the map

43. Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

It's 35 dollars on Steam and 45 on XBL in my region. I'd like to get the Xbox One version because I have an X but I'm also tempted to not pay that extra 10 dollars. Although, 16 GB recommended system req. kinda makes me worried.

I guess I'll just buy it on X in the end, I don't know.

44. holyrunts

holyrunts

When did you pre-order? I put my order in on May 30th, and it shipped out on June 1st via UPS for me.

45. Darkmaigle

Darkmaigle

Just realized I go on vacation on Thursday, probably just gonna wait till I get back to play. What a bummer

46. carlsojo

carlsojo

Anybody got some good vampire movie recommendations to watch tonight? Would play Bloodlines again but I probably only have time for a movie :P

47. Hope

Hope

I think bade is one of the best Vampire movies. Go for that.

48. dlauv

dlauv

Midnight Son or Fright Night remake. The former is more of a low scale drama, and the second is amazing Colin Farrell schlock. Midnight Son got a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I never see anyone talk about it, so I like to throw it out there.

I'm assuming you've seen most of the big releases: Dracula, Blade, Interview with a Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Fright Night, Lost Boys, Let Me In, Let the Right One In, Only Lovers Left Alive.

Byzantium is ok, and Martin, by George A. Romero, is incredible but unorthodox. What We Do in the Shadows is good if you want a vampire comedy. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is unorthodox too, and Turkish, but very good. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter if you've seen the Blade movies a few times. Nosferatu the Vampyre is a stellar 1979 remake of Nosferatu. Shadow of the Vampire is a mockumentary, starring Willem Dafoe, about the making of Nosferatu. Near Dark is a pretty good southern vampire movie with Bill Paxton in it and has gotten kind of popular over the years - still niche though.

I'd just recommend staying away from The Hunger and Salem's Lot. I'd even choose Vamp over both, if only for the Grace Jones dance sequence.

49. A month ago, they updated it to preparing, so at least that's something.

50. LorentzFactor

LorentzFactor

have you seen Let The Right One In? (don't watch the english remake)