1. Socreges

Socreges

Tarasenko out 4-6 months. Requires shoulder surgery

Blues lost him at the start of the Avs game? Wow that must have taken the wind out of their sails. Fortunate for Avs

2. Cactus

Cactus

Nah, man. The Blues lost because the video guys in Toronto didn't want them in the playoffs.

3. Mentok

Mentok

With 3-4 mil retained, I’d think there would be a lot of interest in Price. The big questions would be why trade him, and what’s the return?

4. CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks
    Community Resettler Member

How do you feel about “signing” Kovalchuk?

5. holiday

holiday

Tarasenk get well pls

6. holiday

holiday

7. Socreges

Socreges

Because of his knee or what? He hasn't even touched the ice since last summer?

8. MetatronM

MetatronM

1-2 years, I like. 3 years or more, dubious.

9. CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

Trade you Pacioretty for him

10. Bask

Bask

the fuck is wrong with you

11. lamaroo

lamaroo

You know how much Creeper loves his trades. He'll take what he can get at this point.

12. CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

I think the deal we think we’re going to get for Pacioretty won’t be what anyone wants. I’m just patiently waiting on draft day to be surprised or disappointed

13. calder

calder

14. holiday

holiday

Probably a mix of injury and time away from playing. It's interesting that Armstrong was that honest, though. One wouldn't be surprised if he slotted Fabbri as a top 6 player next year as a way to soften this year's disappointment.

15. Solo

Solo
    Member OP

16. Erdrick

Erdrick

That's a beauty. Even better that he looks to be Enstrom's replacement next year. Really, really likes what I saw of him this season. Apparently so did the rest of the AHL.

Good stuff.

17. CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

18. zroid

zroid

19. gutter_trash

gutter_trash

send him to Philadelphia!

20. Mentok

Mentok

21. Solo

Solo
    Member OP

Apparently Melnyk roasted BargainBin hard today.

22. Syrinx

Syrinx

Wings keeping Blashill as HC apparently.

23. Yeah, that was expected when Holland was kept for 2 more years.

24. Mentok

Mentok

From the sample I heard, he did! He asked howthe Caps could make a playoff team when their starter was as bad as Price. Bergie started listing things the Caps had better, and Melnyk added “and probably a better GM too” to which Bergie just said “Yup”

25. Socreges

Socreges

Did Sens fans give Melnyk shit or what

26. Red_

Red_

Lol

This is the first season in 10+ years where I haven't bought a Habs jersey, I haven't watched every game, and I didn't bother renewing my NHL subscription with 1/4 of the season remaining. Just because I don't rage post about Bergevin like I get paid for it doesn't mean I'm oblivious to his fuck ups and where the team is at.

He didn't roast him, just simply asked him matter of fact questions, and forced him to acknowledge his own mistakes. Melnyk is one of the best in the business and did the best he could with how avoiding Bergevin was obviously going to be.

27. Silex

Silex

Journalists aren't allowed to record or take photos, so gotta follow those that are live-tweeting the event.

28. Silex

Silex

BREAKING The tarps covering seats at the CTC are coming off!!!

29. calder

calder

Sounds like the Sens postmortem might be even better than the Habs

30. Solo

Solo
    Member OP

NO. We have to be the best at something. Let us have his, calder!

31. calder

calder

You know what you’re 100% correct Solo, and I apologize. The Canadiens had the sack to let cameras in, and that alone tips the scales.

32. Bask

Bask

I can't believe you

prove your worth as a h8er

33. Red_

Red_

I missed maybe 2-3 games through Martin's final season. This year is completely different, and you see it everywhere. It's more the fact that so many people just don't care in general than the angry ones that is the shocking part. Very interesting off season for Bergevin, simply to see what he does. The franchise knows people are walking away for the first time in their life time and now they need to react.

34. Red_

Red_

Dorion saying he won't trade Karlsson at the draft which seems a little premature

35. Silex

Silex

So the Sens org have pretty much called out the Ottawa media for misreporting things. This has not gone over well and I think we may finally see some of the media folks find their balls.

36. Silex

Silex

Disgunbegud.gif

37. illmatic

illmatic

Melnyk taking a page out of the Trump playbook :lul:

38. CreeperBlocks

CreeperBlocks

There’s always July 1st or after the draft

39. Socreges

Socreges

Holy shit he's Fake News'ing his own incompetence

40. Ondor

Ondor

Here's my early draft board:

1. Dahlin- The best there is at what he does.

2. Svechnikov- Producing better than Zadina in a harder league while being younger, faster, stronger, and better without the puck.

3. Zadina- Super shifty and a great playmaker. Canucks need LW more than RW so I wouldn't mind Zadina but his ceiling just isn't as high as Svechnikov.

4. Hughes- Best skater in the draft class. Older than Boqvist and not as good of a shot but he's got better skating and better defensive play. He's also American so he can transition easier to the NHL.

5. Boqvist- Great point shot and stil pretty young. Will make a great defenceman.

6. Bouchard- Juolevi part two. Not necessarily a bad thing but isn't a game-breaker like the defencemen above him.

7. Denisenko- The risk/reward for this
    player is probably the highest out of all the prospects in this draft. But skill is skill and I'm dumb enough to think the Canucks can make him not a bust. Svechnikov is a much safer choice for equivalent talent.

8. Wahlstrom- Talented but plays on a top line with Tkachuk and next year's 1OA Jack Hughes so he definitely benefits from skilled linemates.

9. Tkachuk- Same as Wahlstrom but less productive now that he's in the NCAA and more of a piece of shit.

10. Smith- High hockey IQ and a well-rounded game. Not game breaking but he's good. Safe pick.

Dishonourable mentions:

1. Dobson- Sorry, this kid has Erik Gudbranson written all over him and the Canucks have enough of those as it is.

2. Merkley- Love the offensive skill but a defenceman who can't defend is not worth the high pick.

41. Smiley90

Smiley90

Tkachuk at 9? Canucks definitely drafting him.

42. Ondor

Ondor

Also not too interested in starting a war with homer Leafs fans so I'll just use this space to laugh at all the homer Leafs fans in the other thread.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

43. Socreges

Socreges

Tkachuk is in the NCAA. Plays with Bowers, not Wahlstrom.

44. Ondor

Ondor

You are right. He did play with Wahlstrom but that was last year. Edited.

45. calder

calder

Jets don't have a first round pick nevermind a lottery pick and I'm still incredibly excited for this draft. Those WJC games from Dahlin were simply so ridiculous I can't wait to see where he ends up (please not the Central, although luckily that's a bit of a longshot).

Perhaps just a habit from so many years of being more excited for the lottery than the playoffs. :P

46. Socreges

Socreges

Please tell me again how the Canucks will end up getting him...despite now sitting 6th.

[​IMG]

47. Ondor

Ondor

23.3% chance of picking top 3.
    60.4% chance of dropping at least one spot.

48. Socreges

Socreges

I remember when I was worried that they'd 'only' have a 49% chance at a top 3 pick.

I was so young then.

49. calder

calder

Because when the Jets fucked up their top 3 draft spot with a stupid, ill timed 7 game winning streak to end the season Hockey Jesus looked at that, said wow those boys are Playin' The Right Way and winked.

[​IMG]

... but I can't lie I did feel a lot better about the prophetic nature of my Canucks lottery winning dream when the team was like 30th.

50. Ondor

Ondor

So what you're saying is Florida is winning Dahlin.