1. Fubar

Fubar

Is he "on loan" to the QMJHL and able to go to AHL or is he in the "NHL or Juniors" group?

I bet one year in the AHL would benefit him, tbh. Maybe he is ready for NHL right away, but might as well bring him on slow if possible

2. I don't know what his status is. I thought I read that he'd come to camp and have a shot to make the team. Though I'm well aware that in reality he'll probably need another year in the minors.

3. Fubar

Fubar

Huh sounds about right. Hope he does well.

4. Solo

Solo
    Member OP

Lightning sign JT Miller 5 years $5.25M AAV

5. Mentok

Mentok

No way they'd buyout Weber. The contract is risk-free for any team that's not Nashville. I do think they should trade him at the TDL though.

It's looking more and more likely he'll be back next year, it'll be awkward/terrible and then he'll walk via free agency. I wonder what LA was giving up?

To the shock of noone. If we're going to suck anyways, why not I guess. I'm actually okay with him retiring a Hab, provided he seriously takes a cut for the team.

6. Socreges

Socreges

Based on common practice, this is what you can expect:

- Wings sign him to an ELC @ max (soon)
    - He'll participate in development stuff during the summer
    - He'll attend training camp in September
    - He'll play in preseason games (very likely)
    - He'll either make the opening roster or be sent to Halifax (the former is most likely)
    - He makes Bergevin, Dorion and Chayka cry at night (100%)

7. Socreges

Socreges

What would be a reasonable cut in your eyes?

8. I mean, that's all that really matters at the end of the day, isn't it?

9. 19 & 21

19 & 21

Really think Timmins and Ty Lewis can take some jobs right out of dev camp this year

10. calder

calder

Yeah I don't get it, I've seen some people on twitter acting salty. By any sane or even remotely plausible standard, a league commissioner with *half* of Bettman's tenure would get in. They would wait a bit longer though but shit he'll fit right in with all the criminals, superrich assholes, labour bullies and bitter cranks in the builders wing so who cares.

11. Fubar

Fubar

Wild had some interesting changes today. A very large portion of the development and scouting staff has been the same from the Doug Risebrough through the Chuck Fletcher years. Obviously many of the draft picks floundered and the team has had some serious troubles developing talent.

All those guys ran the draft this week, with Fenton designating "I want a forward this round" and then the staff picking their guy. It sounds like Fenton only overrode them and pushed for a specific player twice. McBain and Khovanov (coincidentally my two favorite picks of the draft).

Today, a bunch of the scouting and development staff lost their jobs. Idk if fired or just not extended or what, but they gone.

Wild also hired on a new AGM, who is from Minnesota and has been in the Tampa organization for years. He will now be running the AHL team, which has been a dumpster fire since Fletcher was GM.

So net positive moves overall. Though they come secondary to what still appears to be a botched 1st round draft pick this year. Oh well.

12. Solo

Solo
    Member OP

Kotkaniemi wearing #47 at Habs development camp. Radulov would be pleased.

13. Mentok

Mentok

I’d say less than 3mil. He’s a 4th line C who is on a steep decline, even as a shut down guy. As the league gets faster, his value drops significantly.

14. ElephantShell

ElephantShell
    10,000,000 Member

Hayley Wickenheiser was one of the coaches running drills on the ice at Leafs development camp. Pretty cool.

15. Socreges

Socreges

I had read Plekanec as Pacioretty and was wondering why you thought he'd sign for less than 3m

16. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

Dreger: "Tavares isn't talking. Pat Brisson isn't going to give you that sort of intel because they're being respectful of the process. But the word that I received from a secondary source, I will call it, was that (JT) was very impressed w/ the Toronto Maple #Leafs." #Isles 1050

*heavy breathing*

17. Socreges

Socreges

Uh, I already reported this:

18. 19 & 21

19 & 21

So JT ends up in Toronto and they still can’t win with him and Dubas.

Then what?

19. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

Yeah but you're going full dopey

So in this realm of strange political discourse I must go full Soc.

He's ain't coming here.

20. Cactus

Cactus

Is it too early to start adding Tavares to my mock lineups?

Seriously, though...Soc, I have no idea if you're being facetious or not, but I hope to god you're right

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
    Marleau-Tavares-Marner
    Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen/Brown

21. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

Yes it's way too early

maybe something closer to this

Johnsson-Tavares-Brown
    Leivo-Matthews-Grundstrom
    Marleau-Kadri-Marner
    Hyman-Nylander-Kapanen

Apparently Mitch Marner was a large focus of the video they showed.

22. ShinRPGamer

ShinRPGamer

Y'all are setting yourselves up for heartbreak when he dramatically reveals that he'll be resigning with the Islanders.

23. ElephantShell

ElephantShell
    10,000,000 Member

I think getting JT keeps Willy with Matthews. If they dont land him then I think they'll try Nylander as a 2/3 C with Kadri also being a fudged 2nd/3rd line then sign some scrub to play 4th line minutes.

I also think Johnsson will stay in the bottom 6 to start the year and Grundstrom isn't ready.

24. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

We were humbled by Stamkos

Assume he won't sign, but would be great if he does. Leafs biggest need is a C, so obviously it will suck a bit if he doesn't.

25. Greekboy™

Greekboy™

Fire Babcock and get Trotz!

26. Mentok

Mentok

Hahaha no. I think for Patches, he’ll either have to accept a smaller deal (ie 6x6) for a competitive team he feels could win the cup sooner, or the Habs will have to accept a lesser return. Apparently SJ had a package that was less than what LA offered.

27. Socreges

Socreges

Cactus, I would never deceive you. I care about you far too much.

Huge points to Dopey for using the expression "going full dopey"

28. samyy

samyy

Dammit. So this means we're definitely not getting Taveres right?

Marner crushing a bag of hot cheetos and wrecking fools at Tilted Towers
    JT wants the duo carry!

29. Cactus

Cactus

If I were JT, I'd sign with any of the other teams on that list over the Islanders. The media are equating this to the Stamkos situation, but it's nothing like that. JT would be wasting his prime years on a playoff bubble team if he stays in NY; Stamkos leaving TB would have been a lateral move, at best.

30. Cactus

Cactus

[​IMG]

31. Marvie

Marvie

Move the Leafs to Milwaukee.

32. zroid

zroid

i'll allow it

33. Ondor

Ondor

Wat.

34. Smiley90

Smiley90

lmao Tavares signing to be 2C behind Matthews, hilarious

35. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

This is our C depth

Matthews, Kadri

then uhhh

Par Lindholm which we just signed

and

Frederik Gauthier

that's it. we don't have any centres man. We had Aaltonen but he just booked it to the KHL... we had Bozak but well... who knows there... and we had Plekanec for a bit. and Dominic Moore which we rarely played.

36. Yawnier

Yawnier

Trade Matthews to Arizona or Carolina

37. Ondor

Ondor

I guess it's a quality v quantity thing. Still think Leafs need a 1D more than anything.

38. zroid

zroid

[​IMG]

39. I now know the pride Don Cherry feels when a good Ontario kid sings “O’ Canada” in the bathroom stall

40. zroid

zroid

Did we hear anything about the Dallas presentation?

I hope it was just jamie benn making an incredibly awkward speech

41. Bask

Bask

this page is full of Tkachuk faces and Dopey posts that make sense, this is a little overwhelming

42. Yawnier

Yawnier

I hope it was just Tyler Seguin licking a popsicle in front of Tavares

43. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

john tavares has texted the NYI draftees welcoming them to the islanders

*thinking*

44. Pikma

Pikma

Wait what Dallas presentation

45. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

Dallas was speaking with Tavares today

46. Pikma

Pikma

About the weather I'd guess?

There is no way they sign him

47. Socreges

Socreges

I have already reported Dopey's sensible posts to the mods. Hoping they can get to the bottom of this

48. DopeyFish

DopeyFish

Or maybe i have always been sensible and the world has gone crazy.

49. Pikma

Pikma

Ehhhhhhhhhh

50. lamaroo

lamaroo