1. Everyday Math

Everyday Math

Make it stop

2. Paches

Paches

This makes Thing 1 Thing 2 tonight.

3. Hours Left

Hours Left

Why isn’t the Jordan thing getting more attention?

4. shadow_shogun

shadow_shogun

5. Sexy Fish

Sexy Fish

Anyone know what this is?

6. Autodidact

Autodidact

I think he just means the stories we already have.

7. Wilsongt

Wilsongt

Jordan a liar?

Shock.

8. Sexy Fish

Sexy Fish

Ah. Been working all day and had no idea. Thanks.

9. Ogodei

Ogodei

Real patriots knew. They smelled the treachery, the Democrat, in those H-D executives. You can know who will stand by God and Uncle Sam's own appointed one.

10. Thomas is also the best chance of ever getting a 5-4 progressive majority. If Dems get to 51 in November, I don't see them having a real chance at losing the Senate until 2024. A solid 6 year window for Thomas to retire.

11. Dr. Benton Quest

Dr. Benton Quest
    Resettlement Advisor Member

Oh they have Jim filling in for anchors now?

Is he any good? I haven't had cable in years.

12. This coming from the guy constantly citing his sources as "people" who are "saying" things.

13. Stinkles

Stinkles
    343 Industries Verafied

The place between Freemont and Bollard? I think we're going to Capital Hill or SeaTack - maybe Bellview.

14. thefro

thefro

JK Rowling is dragging Trump for that "poured" Tweet

15. Toth

Toth

Again those posts aren’t likely written by Trump. Way too organized in thier pettiness.

16. Bellevue's "meh." Try South Lake Union, IMO.

17. Linkura

Linkura

Seems like as good of a time as any to repost this. Just replace Floyd with Trump.

18. BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Apparently Trump tweets have grammatical errors on purpose to appeal to his low iq base. It makes him more a man of the people. Attacking him for grammatical errors doesn't benefit anyone except him.

19. shadow_shogun

shadow_shogun

20. Autodidact

Autodidact

But how does that work if they're too dumb to notice the errors themselves? How would they know he's appealing to them?

21. BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Because the media will call him out on it and Fox News will go "har har libs think they are smarter than you"

22. "Joke's on them. I was only pretending to be stupid."

23. DrForester

DrForester

Edit: not authentic account. Nevermind

24. Ac30

Ac30

And appropriately, the top comment on Trump's tweet is from Kimmel lol

25. DinosaurusRex

DinosaurusRex

Maybe the fake news media literally pour over his tweets. Like, printing them out, grinding them up, and making coffee out of the grounds.
    *sips tweet-tea* “This tastes grammatically incorrect, not that that is any of my business”

If only English had an established way to emphasize words, then we wouldn’t all be eating our drinking his words.

26. Third Strike

Third Strike

Thomas isn’t going to retire under a Democratic president. I bet his current plans are to retire next year under Trump, only if the GOP retains the Senate. The only hope here is that Democrats retake the Senate this year, maximize the amount of seats they win in 2018/2020, and win the presidency in 2020. Thomas will be the Scalia to the potential 2020 Democrat president.

27. Right, so if Dems get to 51 this year, they'll very likely have a 6 year window to replace Thomas. He'd have to wait out that entire window.

2020 - Dems should be favored to win the presidency, and would gain seats in the Senate since 2014 was such a good year for Republicans.
    2022 - Midterm year under a Dem president, but it's the 2016 map. Republicans almost maximized their seats that year. Senate would be unlikely to flip back.

2024 would be key. It would be this year's map with a Dem incumbent. Ideally Thomas would be gone by then, one way or another.

28. You're thinking in only a six year timeframe. Thomas and the Heritage group are thinking in generations.

From the article:
    "
    But if you’re asking how effectively Thomas helped sway Chief Justice John Roberts or Justice Anthony Kennedy to his own views, you are asking the wrong question. In a series of opinions joined by no other justice, Thomas waged a quiet war of ideas against twentieth century liberalism — and he won the hearts of a legion of conservative law students. Many of those former students are now old enough to be judges.

As of this writing, fully 20 percent of the judges Donald Trump appointed to the federal appellate bench are former Thomas clerks. Thomas lost the war for the present, but he is the future of legal conservatism. And he may soon be America’s future.

Thomas, in other words, was a man ahead of his time. He showed a conservative movement, that primarily aspired to weaken the judiciary, that it could have much larger ambitions. He taught them that, if they were determined enough, conservative judges could build a bridge back to the Gilded Age, frogmarch the nation across this bridge, and then burn it behind them. And, while Thomas’ longest-serving colleagues reject this vision, the next generation of conservative judges view it as an inspiration.
    "

29. That is true, but it won't necessarily matter if the Dems can get a six year window to replace both Thomas and the entire liberal wing if necessary (likely just Breyer and RBG). The question will be solely whether Thomas wants to stick around until January 2025 at a minimum.

30. studyguy

studyguy

tl;dr

31. But the point of that article isn't about the current makeup of the court or replacing judges, it's about the bigger picture of how his thinking, which no one takes seriously because of how extreme it is, is actually affecting younger conservative jurisprudence. Replace Thomas, replace the liberal wing, but the ideological bench of the conservatives will forever be tainted by his views. It isn't even a "forrest vs the trees" line of thinking, it's that the forrest will forever be polluted, or at least for many decades to come. That's the danger, not just one justice on a court.

32. ShadowSwordmaster

ShadowSwordmaster
    Community Resetter Member

Trump is a dumbass.

33. chadskin

chadskin

34. Third Strike

Third Strike

Democrats are going to have to lock out the opposition from the executive branch for probably 3 or 4 terms. Going forward, most members of the SCOTUS are only going to retire unless their party is in control of the White House, and maybe Senate. Thomas is only 70, and some members of the court have lived on the bench will into their eighties. FDR might have failed at packing the court, but because he and Truman had twenty years of holding the White House, we did get a liberal court out of it.

Also, Alito is only two years younger than Thomas. He’s definitely another potential pickup for the Democrats in the next 10 to 15 years.

35. Retro

Retro

Oh Wilsong T, the libs the libs are crying.
    From GAF to GAF and down the Era side.
    End times are here and all the tweets are flying
    It's true it's true, they've all been verified [​IMG]

But come ye back if he fires Mike Pompeo
    Or when Nunes' staff puts out a new memo,
    I'll be here for Chris Hayes or for Maddow
    Oh, Wilsong T, oh Wilsong T, we need oppo.

But if ye come and all the dems are winning
    And I am glad, as glad I well may be,
    Go out and find where MAGAs are all crying
    Drink in deep and save a bottle just for me.

And we will hear the cronies' pleading guilty,
    And see the tapes of beds all soaked with pee,
    The tweets will stop and he'll no longer bully
    And we will post in peace without a covfefe.

36. studyguy

studyguy

Why the fuck do they insist on putting Lee there, that's not even a fucking meme worthy joke to keep going.

37. Extollere

Extollere

I feel dumb. Is pour not spelled correctly, or is it just being used incorrectly?

38. Autodidact

Autodidact

pore (v.): to peruse or look at something closely

He confused it with its homophone pour, as in to pour a glass of tea.

39. tuxfool

tuxfool

This would be pertinent if people would only be complaining about spelling and grammar.

40. DanGo

DanGo

Nor were his books.

41. The order of that list, their clerkship and ages:
    Scalia - age 46
    Don't know - age 52
    Kennedy - age 53
    Kennedy - age 51
    Scalia - age 49
    Alito - age 47
    Don't know - age 49

(all Federalists, far as I can see)

42. He's a crook. Or Putin loaned him out to Xi

It's really worrying me the brazeness; I mean, he goes into this disassociated fugue state over the walls closing in then the Cohen raid, but...without pushback or punishment, it's "allowed". Too fucking dangerous, especially this willful ignoring of Congressional authority rather than filling a vacuum of no Congressional action.

Put a pin in this, cuz I feel alot of left-leaning media puts this broader ethical/natsec issues on a lower burner than moral ones and the right just ignore it or play "how did '4' come about" while 2+2 sits in plain sight.

Not a fun feeling with this clock ticking. A worse feeling is not enough getting the message of The Auburn Orban completely did this and can't be trusted to not do it in the future and assumes complete responsibility for their pain and worry.

Just alot of head-shaking today from me.

43. nature boy

nature boy

44. Wilsongt

Wilsongt

Now this is amazing.

45. Grexeno

Grexeno

or you could pack it

46. Third Strike

Third Strike

I’m not against packing, but I seriously doubt Schumer or any of the red state Democrats would have the backbone to do something like this. Democrats would need another 2008 supermajority to pull off packing the court.

47. Diablos

Diablos
    has a title. Member

Hardiman is our best hope

Lol so pathetic

48. Linkura

Linkura

So he'll be accurate about Jim Justice's weight, but not his own.

49. Autodidact

Autodidact

Jim Justice was the hacker?

50. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

I can't wait until we take up arms against Michigan in the Civil War starting tomorrow.