1. Dwebble

Dwebble
    Member OP

God, the new logo looks so much better than the old one.

Great to have a soundtrack release date, too- I'd been preparing for the worst, given how long it had been since we'd heard anything.

EDIT: We have a tracklisting!

2. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Wait, the official track title isn't Breaking The Wall?!?!

3. Otherist

Otherist

I find the new logo fucking dire and the fact they're retroactively pasting it onto the Series 9 soundtrack (perhaps even part of why it was delayed?) disgusts me. It looks wrong on the cover and it looks wrong alongside the Stuart Manning artwork. It's gone from being a product of the Capaldi era to being a product of no era at all. The fact that this wouldn't have happened if they'd gotten their act together and released it even a few months earlier just makes it worse.
    Of course, considering they're evenputting it on Classic Who releases now where it looks just as limp and out-of-place, there really is no escape either way.

4. JonathanEx

JonathanEx

I think it's growing on me from seeing it on there. I wasn't too sure before, and the layout of the classic who release linked above is a bit clunky, but I think it works. Seeing the solo-colour one a bit more has helped too.

5. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Here's a quick side-by-side comparison.

[​IMG]

6. Dwebble

Dwebble
    Member OP

Classic Who releases have gone out under inaccurate logos for literal decades. For the purposes of synchronising the whole show as one thing, I'm more than happy with the Whittaker logo being used- it's a damned site more striking than the TV Movie/Pertwee logo, and it's far more relevant too.

I have far less problem with this than, say, them putting everything from Hartnell to Smith under a logo that was used on a grand total of one thing that was shown on TV.

7. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

I don't mind them using the new logo for stuff like the new classic Blu-ray collection but we're in the middle of a few different product ranges and its not outrageous to expect a level of consistency - I'll be pissed off if they suddenly start using the new logo for the current RTD-era Steelbook range, for example. This soundtrack is a bit of an extreme case as it's basically a weird relic from the recent Capaldi era released by a licensee just after the launch of the new branding - in some ways the old branding would be preferable so it matches the Series 9 home video releases but it's not the end of the world. It was probably a case of 'this is just a minor licensee so they have to follow the rules to the letter'. They'll probably force Titan Comics to change their branding too, etc.

8. Dwebble

Dwebble
    Member OP

I wouldn't be surprised if the other soundtracks were to be reissued with the new logo, to be fair.

We've already seen that Titan are changing the branding too- the Seventh Doctor miniseries they're doing later this year has the new logo on it. Big Finish are also going to be changing to it over the next few months.

9. Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Will the series 10 soundtrack be released this year?

10. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

The person running their social media hadn't heard anything about it as of this month. I guess it will be out eventually - I think the big delay for Series 9 was due to the underlying soundtrack rights for Doctor Who moving hands.

11. Quick Mustard

Quick Mustard

Preordered as soon as I got the email. So pleased its next month and still early 2018 like they said.

12. Proteus

Proteus

The new logo actually looks better. I really like it.

13. Dwebble

Dwebble
    Member OP

No concrete word, but I wouldn’t be surprised. Now Gold’s not on the show any more, I could see them dropping them in relatively quick succession.

14. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

I'm guessing it's gonna be a final 4-disc set a bit like the Series 9 one.

Disc 1 - Doctor Mysterio
    Disc 2 - General Series 10 cues
    Disc 3 - More general Series 10 cues
    Disc 4 - Twice Upon a Time

...would make sense, to me.

15. Proteus

Proteus

No Easter Weekend Who. :( I hate the long wait.

16. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Christopher Eccleston is causing upset again. He's doing his first convention appearance, which includes the opportunity for a photoshoot with a TARDIS, but his prices have raised some eyebrows... £95 for an autograph or a photo with the exterior of the TARDIS, £85 for a regular photo and £235 for a Diamond Pass that guarantees an autograph and photo.

17. Proteus

Proteus

I would need to see comparable rates with other Doctor appearances before I comment. Those prices do seem steep though.

18. M.Bluth

M.Bluth

Yikes... However... I've never been, so what would be the normal prices for things like that?

19. JonathanEx

JonathanEx

Pretty par for the course of his level of fame and the rarity of his appearences at these events. It's high, no doubt, but there's a weird value system going on.

From the same event...

Capaldi:
    Autograph Price: £75
    Photo Shoot Price: £65
    Talk Price: £25
    Diamond Pass Price: £225

I mean you can put together some fun level of fame from the prices.

Colin Baker:
    Autograph Price: £15
    Photo Shoot Price: £15
    Photo Shoot with TARDIS console: £25
    Photo Shoot with Sylvester McCoy: £45

Meat Loaf:
    Autograph Price: £45
    Photo Shoot Price: £45
    Talk Price: £10
    Diamond Pass Price: £120

Megan Fox:
    Autograph Price: £85
    Photo Shoot Price: £85
    Photo Shoot with Bumblebee: £95
    Talk Price: £20
    Diamond Pass Price: £210

20. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

I believe it's 4 to 5 higher than for a 'normal' guest whatever that means. I'm not mega up on my convention pricing either. Oh, I've just looked at another web page and Paul McGann and Colin Baker are £20 each for an autograph and David Tennant pissed some people off in America by charging slightly more than Eccleston recently.

21. LL_Decitrig

LL_Decitrig

Oh that terrible man, doing what the complainers whine about him not doing for years.

As for the photographs, nobody is forced to queue up.

22. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

I'm sorry, I neglected to mention that the Diamond Pass prices include an exclusive mug.

23. Proteus

Proteus

But will he sign me Malekith photo?

24. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Jason Momoa is cheaper than Eccleston!
    Autograph Price: £75
    Photo Shoot Price: £75
    Diamond Pass: £195
    Joint photo shoot with Ray Fisher is £125.

Now I'm proud of Chris, DW>DCEU, it's official.

25. Ignatz Mouse

Ignatz Mouse

No "e" on the end of Eccleston.

26. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

I'm mixing his surname up with Bernie Ecclestone's.

27. RetroMG

RetroMG
    Community Resettler Member

In general, paying to have your picture taken with an actor is super weird to me. I can't imagine that interaction being anything but super awkward.

28. APZonerunner

APZonerunner
    Features Editor at VG247.com Verafied

I'm more amused that he's doing it at all, to be honest, given how much he's shit on DW and Thor even in recent weeks. He must have another sofa to pay for (this is a reference to how, on the fucking red carpet for Thor at the Premiere, he told three separate outlets he only did the film to pay for an expensive new sofa). He's perfectly entitled to charge, though. I'm just astonished he's willing to do it at all - like 12 months ago he called conventions a "shameful stunt" for an actor to do.

29. Charismagik

Charismagik

I would never have thought in a million years he would step anywhere near anything Who related. Kinda weird

30. Spectromixer

Spectromixer

It seems like there has been a ton of Eccleston news lately. :/

31. Quick Mustard

Quick Mustard

32. Tizoc

Tizoc

Well they gotta get all hands on deck for that new Five Doctors special one way or another.

33. That Eccleston is doing a convention at all is pretty big news. Those prices are out of control, but it's not like it's only for him.

34. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Apparently the prices were set by the convention and Eccleston wasn't involved. He just negotiated the size of his cut.

35. acheron_xl

acheron_xl

I hope he likes the experience.

36. LL_Decitrig

LL_Decitrig

I'd love to see him back on screen as Doctor Who. I hope he likes it, too.

37. Radiophonic

Radiophonic

I just think back to Edward Furlong trolling the people getting pictures with him and imagine most actors wanting to do that at some point. Crazy to pay that much for that, but it isn’t my money, so...

38. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Oh god, the Big Finish Lady Christina boxset says Series One on the front so they're clearly going to be milking this single-episode character for all she is worth.

39. zoojoo

zoojoo

She would have been a good full-time companion. I imagine she would have been a good foil to Capaldi's Doctor as well.

40. LL_Decitrig

LL_Decitrig

Good for them. It's not as if this were made with licence payers' money, in fact I imagine the BBC will probably collect a fee for the use of the characters. With the exception of the Christmas/New Year finale, I'm not at all a fan of the 2009 specials, but Lady Christina is an interesting character.

41. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

The reveal of the Thirteenth Doctor has been nominated for a BAFTA.

It's the only award being determined by public vote and you can vote here.

42. I mean, they're not entirely comparable given Christina didn't have an ounce of the chemistry or charm of the pair, but Jago and Litefoot were single-serial characters and Big Finish spun gold from them for the better part of a decade.

I'm not the least bit interested in the Christina box but hopefully there's some good in it for those that are and it does well for BigFin.

43. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

I think she's definitely solo boxset-tier but normally Big Finish pilot with an initial standalone boxset with it being merely implicit that there will be more should the first be successful. It's pretty unusual for them to come right out and be explicit that they intend to do a series of boxsets and, for this particular character, it comes across as the Big Finish equivalent of when all the movie studios were rashly announcing cinematic universes. I hope the boxset is good but it could quite easily be meh or just not sell and they've already pretty much committed to doing more.

44. Paradox

Paradox

I mean, it was good but worthy of a BAFTA?

*Looks at nominees*

"Love Island - Stormzy makes a surprise appearance"

Well alright then

45. Platy

Platy

I still think it was genious to announce that after the Men's Final

46. mclem

mclem

Big Finish have a bunch of titles on sale for 99p. It's very much a mixed bag, but one highlight is the Companion Chronicle (that is, dramas focussed on one companion or popular character separated from the Doctor) The Mahogany Murders, which was the backdoor pilot for the Jago & Litefoot series.

Edit: Also the first 50 of the Main Doctor Who range, and the first series of 10/Lucie Miller.

47. Dwebble

Dwebble
    Member OP

That offer contains Jubilee and Spare Parts, which are the inspirations for Dalek and Rise of the Cybermen respectively.

Both are miles better than the TV versions.

48. Spectromixer

Spectromixer

In the new Target novelization for Rose, RTD included new incarnations of the Doctor past 13 for the scene where Clive is showing photos of the doctor
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2...nations-of-the-doctor-beyond-jodie-whittaker/

Rose saw a photo of a man with a fantastic jaw, dressed in a tweed jacket and bow tie. Then Clive kept the sequence going; an older, angry man in a brown caretaker’s coat, holding a mop; a blonde woman in braces running away from a giant frog in front of Buckingham Palace; a tall, bald black woman wielding a flaming sword; a young girl or boy in a hi-tech wheelchair with what looked like a robot dog at their side…

49. EvilRedEye

EvilRedEye

Re: Target Rose spoiler above.

Child in a wheelchair seems like a bit of a weird one since it'd likely be literally impossible due to child labour laws.

50. It's fine because they'd actually be like 60 years old