1. Gamer @ Heart

Gamer @ Heart

On a pure odds level your doing yourself a disservice even if elder rooms SOS fill up faster. Seriously, double the single digits chances of an elder. It's such a huge waste of tickets. Especially since so many end game augments and last level charms require elder gems.

2. trinitron

trinitron

Oh I can be wrong and didn't know it is weaker to water than ice! I thought it was either the same degree in World or carried on assuming that because I'm focusing on attacking legs, legs were weaker to ice than water.

3. KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

Hit Rank 4 and getting ready for the first Zora Magdalos, just need to ask in regards to the Street Fighter and Horizon crossovers, have those events been and gone? Will they rotate around sometime in the future? Do I need to reach a higher rank/advance further into the story to see them?

4. stalfos

stalfos

Event quests rotate on a weekly schedule. The Ryu and Horizon events are currently out of rotation, but there’s a spring event scheduled for April 6-19 during which every previous event quest will be available.

As for hunter rank requirements, they are:
    Ryu - HR3
    Horizon Palico gear - HR6
    Aloy armor and bow - HR11

5. H3rTz DoNuT

H3rTz DoNuT

I had a ton of warrior and hero stones for bowguns so I thought I give it a chance and man that was so worth it, I like both light and heavy more than a bow (I'm pretty sure I'm not alone lol). I made a spread build for Nerg and Jag bowguns and it stuggers monsters like crazy. Fighting Kirin fells like cheating now lol

6. ObstrucT

ObstrucT

But everything below level 8 requires tier 2 or 1 gems. I don’t disagree with what you say, I just think you use the ticket on whatever you don’t want to farm. I’ve used them on anjanath, zora, odogaron and others I just didn’t feel like farming. I haven’t looked at it from an odds perspective.

7. Gamer @ Heart

Gamer @ Heart

I can understand that. But having farmed tempered elders to death for stones (where the only decent chances are eaten up by charms) having to go back and farm the regulars seems like such a huge waste of time/potential. That is the crux of my hesitation to use any tickets on non elders.

8. Imperfected

Imperfected

I know the alternate versions of old elders currently have priority in the production pipeline, but I want some alternates for the new elders, like perhaps Nerpicante.

9. BDS

BDS

I've finally reached the point where I'm only really playing to get my weekly bounties each week. I wish I had friends who got this game so I could help them through the story and try new weapons and such, but as it is, I don't have much incentive to try anything new.

10. H3rTz DoNuT

H3rTz DoNuT

Kulu event is live, the head gives pro transporter and it has level 3 slot and lvl 1 slot. Event gives gold giant crown and it's awesome for money as I got a ton of golden eggs already :D

11. Piggychan

Piggychan

I think I'm at this stage now too. I'll only log on if people need help or if there is any new updates/events.

I'm mostly hammer/hunting horn player and I'm sure I've made other level 7/8 weapons from the extra elder parts just sitting in my trunk but I haven't gotten round to use them.

12. ObstrucT

ObstrucT

Join the squad geist6one7 is making

13. Piggychan

Piggychan

I've made my millions from selling Vaal items

[​IMG]

14. ClearMetal

ClearMetal

I feel like I'm somewhat nearing the point of getting tired of the game. I mean, it's still fun, but I miss having a big goal to work towards to. There's still HR100 left (HR71 right now) so I definitely want to reach that. But it feels kind of distant. It's not like when I was working towards finishing all optional quests, let alone completing the story.

15. DrArchon

DrArchon

Silver crowns have to be the biggest cocktease in the game. I have no idea why they're even a thing. All they do is get your hopes up when you see a big monster and then dash them when the game says "Yeah, but it's not big enough to really count for anything". Now I'm super pessimistic every time I see a larger than average monster.

Also, folks, don't ignore the crown event quests. They're pretty much mandatory for getting crowns without tearing your hair out.

Example:
    Great Jagras: Hunted 40 times. Zero crowns
    Odogaron: Hunted 14 times. Both large and small crown. Just from tonight.

16. KanameYuuki

KanameYuuki

The Vale event is great too, Almost done with gold crowns for all those 4 monsters.

17. Imperfected

Imperfected

That's why I like this Kulu-Ya-Ku event. There's no rolling up to it covered in leaves and trying to measure how much lower its balls hang by your chin. You walk into the arena and immediately go, "Oh. That's one gigantic fucking chicken."

18. DrArchon

DrArchon

Yeah, it's a big fucking chicken alright.

But I had the gold crown for Kulu already so I didn't get much out of that. At least I finally got to kill a Kulu in the arena in under 2 mins. You can take your A rank and shove it, game!

19. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Well shit...

[​IMG]

20. PeacefulDream

PeacefulDream

Gimme a Dodogama head.
    What a cutie.

21. NSESN

NSESN

So I am about to finish upgrading my first DS, what I should do next, invest in more DS weapons or try another type? I wanted to learn how to play with bows anyway so it might be an opportunity.

22. Dental Plan

Dental Plan

I tried that tonight it worked thanks!

I am now starting to build a full defense build. My armor right now is at 474. I still have three more armor pieces I can get to Max.

23. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

So when these event quests go live, you much easily get the golden crowns for large AND small crowns? Or just large? If so, what’s the best way of getting small crowns

24. Imperfected

Imperfected

Some of the events have a fixed small or large spawn, others (like the Effluvial Opera 4-monster quest) just have a higher-but-not-guaranteed chance of small/large spawns.

25. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Ok so for this Kula-event, can I get both large and small :D? Is there a list of the events that have been available that you can see these stats for?

26. Imperfected

Imperfected

I'm pretty sure the Kulu one is large only considering that Kulu is way, way bigger than the lower bound of giant gold crowns.

You can get either type of crown for the Rotten Vale one, though. I got little tiny doggo doing it and a great big bazel, then the second time got a "big" girros and a small bazel.

27. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Thanks!

28. Deimo5

Deimo5

Those multi monster crown events are so legit, I finished the crowns for all the Rotten Vale monsters now. Got multiple crowns in one hunt a bunch of times.
    Wish I paid more attention to them the first time around, but at least the others will be coming back.

29. Irrotational

Irrotational

It's interesting, the rarity 6 versus 8 thing. I made the jagras GL and because its non elemental, and has 3 augment slots it easily outperforms the level 8 nergigante GL.

I only have one augment on it (affinity) (and the non element gem) and it already does bigger hits than Nergy. It has two big gem slots for the non element and protective polish gems.

I'm going to augment in health recovery so I'll probably never have to heal, and maybe another crit or attack.

You can also do proper full burst attacks with it, and get them for "free" when protective polish is up.

With guard 3 and guard up you can tank anything.

I don't have the royal burst gun lance, which *might* edge it for dps, but you can make it into an absolutely top tier GL.

30. Vuze

Vuze

The dual Odo quest coming up in two weeks will have a guaranteed mini crown right? If so, I'll skip Odo in the Rotten Vale quest. Only need small Rado and big Bazel outside of that.

31. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Question: can you get small/large crown or Zeno’jiva and Zorah Magdoras?

32. Vuze

Vuze

nope

33. Tekku

Tekku

How does the SnS shield work in comparison to lance? Is it worth it to have maximum guard when running SnS?

34. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Is there a guide that shows the size of enemies so I can see if the enemies are big/small crowns before spending time killing em?

35. Kufkah

Kufkah
    Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account. Member

In the showcase two weeks ago, they were using the jet engine great sword in the two Oda quest! Do we know if it's gonna be available now?!

36. The current challenge quest with the two odo isn't the same one as that. Weird choice to have both so close.

37. Kufkah

Kufkah
    Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account. Member

Oh, that's weird lol, thanks.

38. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

The GS is due 6th April!

39. LiK

LiK

I'm glad this event had Kula Yaku. Only had small crown and this had large crown. Can't wait for the Mega Man one so I can get Odogaron over with.

40. Just ran into Deviljho for the first time in this game and chased him to the place where the cutscenes occur. During which I heard a bunch of chirping and low and behold, in the same log that pickle boy was currently squeezing through was a group of downy crakes running against the wall.

After jho snuggled through, I went in and caught 7 of them before he destroyed the log and the last one or two disappeared.

I had spent so bloody long looking for those birds previously that I almost screamed when I saw him going through the log they were in.

41. SunhiLegend

SunhiLegend
    The Legend Continues Member

42. Tekku

Tekku

I really hope they reword the party fail system for the next game. It doesn't work to have such a system when people are so unevenly matched. One player should not have the power ti dictate the fun for three others. It just doesn't make any kind of sense to have collective punishment in this form as it only discourages people from wanting to play together.

43. JadedWriter

JadedWriter

LOL

44. Bladelaw

Bladelaw

The SnS shield is a panic button, the Lance shield is core to the playstyle. Max guard on SnS is doable but most times you're better off dodging and attacking. The freestyle nature and mobility of the weapon means you should be keeping pressure on the monster constantly. The Lance is all about standing your ground and poking holes through the monster with precision, blocking, chasing, and breaking parts.

I'll use the SnS shield to block something I can't dodge in time, like Jho's breath or rathalos's hop back into fireball attack. I'll use the Lance shield to block EVERYTHING. Guard 5 on SnS means you won't get knocked back as far, Guard 5 on Lance means you can stand against anything blockable (with Guard Up skill you can advance on things like Xeno's breath laser).

TL;DR: no it's not worth having max guard on SnS 99.99% of the time. Gimmick builds or a more defensive playstyle maaaybe, but then you're probably better off picking up a lance.

45. H3rTz DoNuT

H3rTz DoNuT

No it's not worth it at all. It's the weakest shield in the game when it comes to defense but it does nice damage and you can KO monsters with it. SnS is a fully offendive weapon, shield is for dealing damage too, you only block with it when you have no other choice.

46. Grudy

Grudy

I miss the SnS from MHGen. I had a lot of fun with the aerial and adept styles.

47. RedStep

RedStep

I felt the same way until I got to the endgame - I finished the story solo because it was too frustrating having my progress impeded by people that were struggling along with me. Once you get past HR49, almost everybody running 9* tempered investigations has been through the wringer and can handle themselves. It's pretty rare to lose due to carts now, though there are those off games where we all die within 3 minutes of approaching the monster. On the whole, I prefer multi now because I don't care about money (anymore) and we wrap it up faster and with more dynamic engagements.

Also, I got tired of LBG and decided to try my hand at the Hunting Horn, so I kinda need a team to do the hard work while I buff them up.

48. Number45

Number45

Which activity is best for warrior stones? I’ve had zero for bow in 260+ hours.

49. ObstrucT

ObstrucT

Any tempered...I hardly ever use bow and have a bunch. It's just the random generator messing with you.

50. For stones go with tempered elder dragons.