1. stat84

stat84

I am playing on ps4 and it's great.Lots of people to coop and invade which is the main reason i bought this day 1(plus 60fps make areas like Blighttown a joy to play).

I will also definetely get the Switch version too unless it's a disaster.

2. Zophar

Zophar

Had a weird glitch. The Trophy for killing Gwyndolin popped as I was getting kicked out of a Darkmoon invasion (host challenged boss). Gwyndolin is still alive in my game and nothing's keeping me from offering to the covenant, so not sure what happened.

3. angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Just had my first bs moment in the game. Typically if you die, it's because you did something wrong, these games are usually fair in that regard but...

I was going through Sen's Fortress and had cleared all the enemies in the first part of the area. I moved the rolling ball to shoot out the window so I could explore. I went back through the area and grabbed what I needed and on the way back up the f'ing ball shot down another path and killed me. WTF? Nothing was alive to move the contraption so what the hell happened? Ugh, so heated right now.

Of course I was upset and I tried to get back to where I was as quickly as I could and died to a freaking swinging axe thing. Might have to put this down for now.

Edit* Okay, maybe I didn't kill everything.

4. Chekhonte

Chekhonte

[​IMG]

Chicken Knight loves life.

5. Akira

Akira

You mean onion bro

6. Chekhonte

Chekhonte

With two silver knight shields he transforms into Chicken Knight.

7. SpartacusMD

SpartacusMD

Does the game feel outdated to anyone?

I want to get it but I'm afraid that after bloodborne and Ds3 it will feel old.

8. JMY86

JMY86

The Black Knight Halberd fever is real! I was just summoned for Sif fight and the other 3 people all had BKH's.

9. Porsche

Porsche

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards now. Is the Uchi better than the katana in blighttown?

10. takriel

takriel

It still has the best world design and the coop is a lot of fun.

11. Is the great sythe better than Uchi? Got my uchi to +14

12. Nocturnowl

Nocturnowl

Peak Fashion Souls with them Cap America Infinity War attack plans to boot

maybe this file is finally the file I rock the onion knight

13. Ferrs

Ferrs

Slighly better damage but negligible. Some different moveset.

Chaos Blade is the best katana btw. It does self damage though, but it'd manageable.

14. Funyarinpa

Funyarinpa

The rolling gets some time to get used to. However, the game's still absolutely gorgeous in its own right, and the combat (while slower and not as polished) is still a ton of fun.

15. mytik

mytik

Where can i get the Soul Reaver?

16. Giant Dad: The Legend never dies - Ch. 2

Got my Chaos zwei, Favor Of Protection and Havel Ring. Honestly the fact you can alter so much the normal path with the master key is really cool, gives a level of freedom that definetly DS3 dosn't have, but I can see why it was cut in the later games. I basically skipped big chunks of the game and my character is ready for Sen Fortress.

Giant Dad v 0.5
    You can feel how much improved the combat in later entries are, but is still a delightfully designed game.

17. daxy

daxy

The Wall Remastered?

18. 31GhostsIV

31GhostsIV

You can do the tail, but you can't kill the wyvern from the other side of under the bridge like you could before.

19. Necromorph

Necromorph

[​IMG]

Hello fella.

20. JMY86

JMY86

Uh oh! I think I see the beginning signs of Gingivitis...

21. burgerdog

burgerdog

Sen’s fortress has to be one of the best zones across all souls/bb games, right? So many secrets and the combination of traps is just so good.

22. Xiaomi

Xiaomi

Ceaseless Discharge, what the fuck. His flame jet can glitch out and one-shot me, but not always. Sometimes it only does like a third of my health. I never had a problem in all my playthroughs until now. I mean, I still beat him by dodging right instead of left, but tell me I'm not crazy and he's different now. Or maybe I just managed to git bad after all these years :(

23. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Weird. I got the BK halberd drop and had no issues constantly invading people.

I'm sometimes invaded, too, though not THAT much (almost more by Smurf cops than Darkwraiths), and hmm, it does take some time for my sign to get picked up, I guess? But it'd be weird if the weapon matchmaking didn't include invasions, that shit makes no sense. I have a +4 BK halberd and have been invading non-stop in Depths, Blighttown and Sen's. Seriously, no wait in-between uses of the red orb, it's ~amazing~.

Blighttown was so fun to invade, I think I'll go back. Sen's can be annoying to navigate haha.

The closest you can find is the Flamberge, which is a drop (semi-rare, but not too bad) from the lightning-spewing snakespeople in Sen's. You can also buy it from Shiva of the East if you joined the Forest covenant (he's hanging out in Blighttown near the elevator and sells stuff there).

I won't lie, I'm a bit disappointed that you'd just trendily follow the lamest meme this series has ever generated. :P

24. Red Liquorice

Red Liquorice

Estoc is great, rapiers are my jam though.

You could also get a Bandit Knife from the thieves in Lower Undead Burg if you like parrying it has high crit. damage, iirc it has bleed too.

25. Fernando

Fernando

is it just me or do the orange soapstone signs take forever to load in some areas?

26. daxy

daxy

Yeah I've noticed this as well. I'd walk around for a bit, stop to check my inventory for moment, and suddenly they begin popping in.

27. myzhi

myzhi

Yes, that ball rolling about turns back if you go back every time. Happens in DS and DSR. It’s stupid, but once you know, you will be prepare for it.

28. SuperYlvis

SuperYlvis

Is there a reason not to modify my Zweihander into a Lightning Zewihander? Pros and cons? If I modify will I still be able to get it to 15+?

29. 99humanity

99humanity

wtf, just lost a ton of souls in painted world and I'm not even sure how I died. Left the game running (while hollow+boss is dead) and when I came back I'm at the bonfire with 0 souls. Retraced my steps and went all over looking for it. Couldn't find it anywhere and died from falling. Should have had a ring of sacrifice on

You will lose all stat scaling if you go with lightning, so you cant bring it to regular +15 but rather a +5 lightning version. You won't get bonuses from your dex/strength, so it's really only a better choice if you only have the minimal requirements for the Zwei or close to it. It'll still be pretty decent though

30. DmckPower

DmckPower

Not to be a negative nancy, I think the remaster is a welcome port, but some aspects are glaringly lazy man.

The status of this game deserves much more.

Easily the best way to play now ,but they should've put in some more effort.

31. Porsche

Porsche

Just got lag stabbed by a Giant Dad in the forest. It felt appropriate.

32. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

More like Shiva the Deceased.

33. burgerdog

burgerdog

What’s the quickest way back to Quelaggs domain from firelink shrine?

34. ZangBa

ZangBa

I'm not sure that weapon matchmaking reddit post is true. I've been invading with little delay before the gargoyles with a Chaos Zweihander+5. According to the post, I probably shouldn't be able to invade anyone that isn't also twinking, which has definitely not been the case.

35. Funyarinpa

Funyarinpa

I don't get how you all get BK drops. I killed three (Burg, Parish, Basin) and zilch. Nada.

36. Red Liquorice

Red Liquorice

^ It's a random drop, but do you have any soft humanity? (The number in the HUD top left). Humanity increases item discovery (up to a max of 10) and defenses. Just having one will increase your item discovery a sizeable amount, the other 9 are much smaller incriments.

New Londo > Valley Of Drakes. Provided you have the Master Key or have previously unlocked the gate between those two areas. If not Parish > Darkroot > VoD.

37. Kasey

Kasey

You need to pop like 10 humanity as well to get it to full damage output.

Washing pole is a decent choice too, but I don't think it's as strong as it's DS2 and 3 versions.

38. I forgot how shitty the Anor Londo archers are.

39. Kalik

Kalik

I hear there's an alternate cutscene in the Sif boss fight if you free him in the Chasm of the Abyss (DLC)...but I don't understand how to do this...I want to side with Darkstalker Kaathe but there's no way of entering the DLC area unless you get the item from Duke's Archives which is locked until you place the Lordvessel...but there's no way I can see to place the Lordvessel and side with Kaathe before completeting Four Kings (which requires defeating Sif first)...hope that all makes sense...is there a way of siding with Kaathe and getting the alternate Sif cutscene?

40. JMY86

JMY86

I think some are just luck RNG and all but I bet there is probably some save scumming in there as well...

41. Yossarian

Yossarian

The Iaito has a super useful quick draw R2. I prefer it to Uchi even though it has 10-12 less overall AR.

42. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

I don't think that'd work. Maybe on NG+ if you keep the items, but I can't remember if that's the case or not.

43. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

I went through all of Anor Londo with the same guy, I got greedy on the last hit to Smough and died. I feel so bad lol

44. 99humanity

99humanity

Nah you don't keep the abyss ring and a couple other things. You have to get the Sif cutscene on a separate playthrough if you want to side with Kaathe

45. Xtortion

Xtortion

Just finished with all bosses. I think it took less than 20 hours?

This is a pretty good remaster. Graphics are sharp and the framerate is smooth. The Blighttown experience aside, it didn't really do much to change my opinion, though. I think Dark Souls is ultimately a great game. I think it's also brutally uneven and even a bit sluggish when compared to Demon's, BB and Dark 3.

Everyone knows the first half is pretty gud. Undead Asylum is the best dedicated tutorial area in the series, Undead Burg/Parish is solid (though still far behind Central Yharnam/1-1/High Wall imo), and Depths/Blighttown/Sens are all great, along with the first half of Anor Londo before you get into the cathedral. After that...ehhhhhh. Okay, Painted World is definitely a highlight - it's an absurdly dense, self contained experience with clever design and killer atmosphere. I wish I felt the same way about the other areas, though. Duke's Archives is shockingly a lot shorter than I remembered, and outside of the two rotating staircases it's essentially just a couple big rooms with not a whole lot happening. Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith are dreck, and I had quite the awful experience with Tomb of the Giants since it took forever to get a skull lantern drop from the Catacombs necromancers (not that Tomb's level design is particularly impressive on its own merits). Speaking of Catacombs, that's a neat little area. I don't love it, but it's aight...same with New Londo, though visibility could stand to be cranked up just a bit in there.

DLC was ok. Royal Wood is super duper meh imo. Oolacile Township is one of the game's better areas from a level design standpoint, but my god is it fucking ugly. At least the bosses are really consistent with the big three there. Not my favorite boss fights in the series when considering how FROM's boss design has evolved, but for Dark Souls 1 fights they're pretty good.

The sluggishness of the gameplay got me good. I didn't remember that the sprint speed in this game is so goddamn slow, which is especially problematic since DS1 has the most backtracking by far, and it can make re-traversing areas and boss runbacks a Goddamn Slog™. Attacks are also a bit slower than in most of the series - even Demon's. Attack startup and recovery feel just a few frames too long in most cases. I eventually adjusted, but definitely don't prefer DS1's combat to the razor sharpness of BB/DS3 or the more arcadey feel of Demon's.

Where Dark Souls excels is demanding a higher level of thinking from the player. Thanks to the interconnected world, it's never just what you're doing in the now, but where you went previously, where you're going, and the other goals you want to accomplish at some point. Some of the other games capture a bit of this when they open up in the late game (BB/DS3), but never to the same extent as DS1. In DS1, the player always has to consider their mental list of tasks and how navigation can connect them together. It's neat, and I wish that style of world would come back with a better suite of levels. Or maybe an interconnected world is just at odds with making each individual area a knockout, and that's why they haven't attempted it again. The world may never know.

BB > DS3 > Demon's > DS1 > DS2

46. Arjen

Arjen

I'm seeing tons of gravelord signs but no red phantoms :(

47. CloudWolf

CloudWolf

Having a lot of fun (again). I love how active the multiplayer is, was really LTTP with Prepare to Die Edition, so I can finally experience all that awesome co-op. Had a really great time today just doing Four Kings over and over again.

Anyway, just beat Bed of Chaos and that's still as shitty as always. Now I'm a bit worried I'm superoverlevelled for the DLC and Painted World though, so probably no co-op fun to be had there haha

48. Clay

Clay

Uuuuuugh, I got cursed in the Depths. Gaping Dragon can one-shot me with its tail swipe. So fucking annoying. I still love the game but it does lose a lot of the magic when you’ve already experienced it. I really don’t want to have to run all the way back to the chapel to buy a Purging Stone, think I might just drop this for now and come back after I play Detroit.

Rookie mistake, I should have bought a stone when I rang the bell. But man, those goddamn basilisks are one of the biggest “Fuck you” moments in the series, it’s ridiculous how much you’re punished by getting cursed.

49. I tried to make one in the past and accidentally deleted the save, so I need to get this out of the way lol

The worst is that the build, until is finished (and even finished is not that good), is shit, I'm getting pwned by every invader. But is being fun, because I had to tackle the game very differently from my previous playthroughts.

50. gosublime

gosublime

If you mean the ones that come from the gravelord covenant, I think they appear in NG+