1. ctw0e

ctw0e

This is objectively wrong. It's one of the game's strongest areas!

Early game overall has fantastic areas.

2. Hixx

Hixx

People dying to Capra before you can even get through the gate to help them. So many people wanting to be summoned here too so it takes a few minutes to be chosen as well :(

3. Imp the Dimp

Imp the Dimp

Nah, the dogs are super annoying unless you sport a dex weapon.

4. Zealuu

Zealuu

Plodded my way from the first Anor Londo bonfire through to killing Ornstein & Smough today, both as the recipient of help and as a golden phantom. The dragon arrow archer guys were as lame as I remembered, but I'd kind of forgotten what an absolute bastard of a fight O&S is, even if it's frequently exhilarating and well made. From a design perspective I think it's the one that's really meant to make you get on board with using summons ... Even NPC summons help by offtanking, even though Solaire -never- dodges the AoE.

I always get this sort of "Dark Souls Ennui" after finishing O&S because now I have to make choices about where to go instead of just moving forward.

5. entremet

entremet

It's barely a section. Just some dogs, thieves, and narrow areas with doors.

6. Red Liquorice

Red Liquorice

Or high poise. Wolf Ring will help ya.

7. Imp the Dimp

Imp the Dimp

Sure, but you don't get that until later

8. Funyarinpa

Funyarinpa

I feel you, hahaha. I felt that Bloodborne could use some aesthetical variety, myself, and I do like that about Dark Souls 1 in comparison. But that samey color palette makes Bloodborne more cohesive and any aesthetic variety is in the

phases of the moon. Central Y. -> Cathedral Ward -> Old Y. does start to look samey after a while though, yeah. And I say this as someone who adores Bloodborne's design in every way, especially those few early areas.

9. Markitron

Markitron

I'm struggling to think of 1 area in BB that isn't utterly fantastic. Imagine creating an area as good as Cainhurst and not only making it optional, but to make the method of accessing it pretty obscure.

I thought those areas were perfectly designed. They were just unique enough while still looking like they were right next to each other.

10. Funyarinpa

Funyarinpa

Hemwick is a bit meh. Nightmare Frontier and Yahar'gul are pretty underwhelming, too. Particularly Yahar'gul (post-Rom) kinda sucks. Reused enemies, uninspired aesthetics (the moon's wasted on such a drab design), boring. Same thing with the Frontier- it's too samey.

11. Markitron

Markitron

I might give you the Nightmare Frontier, but the Unseen Village and Hemwick were fantastic IMO. The bell-ringers really stressed me out, and I loved the aesthetic of Hemwick.

12. Gaming_Groove

Gaming_Groove

If you hold a direction after a roll and then attack you swing in that direction. It's not a big thing, but I feel that if you are locked on you should always remain in point relational movement to your target. It sometimes messes me up when I roll in, attack, and roll out because I'll end up swinging in the direction of my roll out because I'm trying to queue the roll. I can adjust to it, but it doesn't feel good to me...basically have to go to neutral on the stick when attacking. I get why they made that change, but if I wanted to be able to aim my swing I would just unlock.

13. Spinky

Spinky

Yahar’gul slander will not be tolerated.

14. TheWordyGuy

TheWordyGuy

I’ve never made it to Ornstein and Smough. Maybe this time though. Is it doable without summoning?

Because with this run I want to solo all the bosses. I fully understand now the importance of levelling really good equipment. This Great Scythe that I acquired thirty minutes into the game has made a massive difference.

15. flyinj

flyinj

I love that you can scale the UI.

However, why in the hell do they also scale the full screen info pages when you do it to make them smaller? Why would anyone ever want to make a full screen page you need to read harder to read?

16. Yes it is doable solo for sure. I did it on PS3 version and I’m not very good lol but it did take quite a few attempts.

17. Imp the Dimp

Imp the Dimp

Sure

18. Funyarinpa

Funyarinpa

It's definitely doable without summoning. But there might and will be blood, sweat and tears down that path. And it's priceless. :D

19. Ferrs

Ferrs

Of course it is. A proper upgraded Zweihander stunlock those fuckers.

20. Xtortion

Xtortion

Yeah, Nightmare Frontier is maybe BB's weakest area (though it has the best name :p). But as far as Soulsborne poison swamps go, I'd still probably rank it second after 5-2. Still much prefer it to Blighttown's sparse second half and Farron Keep.

Hemwick is a fantastic area imo. Yeah, it's pretty linear, but that lets it act as an impeccably paced fun delivery system. Really like Yahar'gul, too. There's some varied encounter design with the bell women, dodging Amygdala lasers, and weaving between Crowded Casket blood projectiles. Its aesthetic is similar to Central Yharnam at first glance, but upon closer inspection its statues and other decorations are far more fucked up (not to mention the Amygdalas everywhere). Love it.

21. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Literally everything is doable without summoning. Even the obnoxious coop-oriented areas of Dark Souls 2's DLCs, which were fully designed with coop in mind, can be solo'd.

Fighting words

22. Capra

Capra

Fighting Artorias with the Dark Wood Grain Ring is amazing.

23. Xtortion

Xtortion

It's kill your babies with Bloodborne. Game is so damn consistent. Something's gotta be last place :l

I could maybe accept Cainhurst or Nightmare of Mensis being considered the worse area

24. Alebrije

Alebrije

After this remaster there is only one game that community is waiting : Demons Souls. Hope Sony give it a chance the same way the did with SOTC.

25. Xtortion

Xtortion

Is the world truly ready for higher fidelity Latria

26. Alebrije

Alebrije

Not only there , basically on every boss it’s hard to be picked since lost of folks are helping...Even covenants are saturated.

27. Gaming_Groove

Gaming_Groove

Capra is a terrible boss to summon for IMO. The fewer bodies in that room the better lol

28. Capra can be easy if you know the trick.

29. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Byrgenwerth, Lecture Hall and chalice dungeons are def. worse. And yeah I like Nightmare Frontier more than popular areas like Cainhurst, Mensis, Yahar'gul and a couple of others. Honestly one of my favourites, but it's also because of my first impression of it. The discovery of the full Lovecraftian dreamscape was just so fucking cool.

But this is for the Bloodborne OT, sorry!

30. dubq

dubq

Man, how did I forget not to go after those graveyard skeletons w/o the mace at the very start. I love this game.

31. Red Liquorice

Red Liquorice

If you're in Lower Undead Burg, there's no reason you can't get the Wolf Ring either. There's probably not much in the distance from where the LUB key is to either Dark Root or LUB itself.

32. Capra

Capra

I never knew you could stop Artorias from going super saiyan. Definitely my favorite boss in the game.

33. il Diavolo

il Diavolo

Forget how your supposed to get that item up above near the entrance of darkroot garden.

34. Funyarinpa

Funyarinpa

Go down into the wood where the stone knights are. There's a tree on one of the walls (to your immediate right after entering), you kill that and it gets you to a hidden area. From there, you follow a path and get to it.

35. Gaming_Groove

Gaming_Groove

Kill the big tree to the right as you enter the first large open area of Darkroot.

36. Lt.Chips

Lt.Chips

I want a Dark Souls Gaiden where we follow the epic adventures of Artorias, Ciaran, Ornstein, and Gough, as a nameless lieutenant to them. It could be a dating sim and I'd still be happy.

37. Ligero

Ligero

Answered above, I had a phantom show me

38. flyinj

flyinj

Just got egged/cursed by a hacker.

So now I'm fucked? Softbanned and this character is useless?

Guess I'm done playing Dark Souls now.

39. il Diavolo

il Diavolo

Right after I finished posting I saw
    an area I could drop down to thanks to one of those weird looking frogs prowling below
    and ended up finding it. Thanks for the responses though.

40. Chiggs

Chiggs

Manus is a complete asshole. Jesus Christ. Thank God for Sif! That's all I can say.

41. 99humanity

99humanity

Been co-oping pretty consistently just about everywhere at SL40. Artorias is such a great fight. It seems like they learned a lot from that boss, as some of the best bosses in DS2 and 3 feel pretty similar.

I died like 6 times to the sanctuary guardian this time around. You can delete him pretty quickly but man I just forgot all the safe times to attack.

42. NoWayOut

NoWayOut

On PC? As far as I know, unless you have a manual backup of your save file, yes you are SOL. Sorry man.

43. burgerdog

burgerdog

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: bosses have more health when you summon another player or npc, right? I remember having way more trouble by summoning Sif back when I first did the dlc.

44. Delroy

Delroy

I’ve gotten a weapon up to +5, having trouble getting the titanite required to go past that point. Know of a good farming location for the required material? I saw a good drop location is Sen’s Fortress, but that’s where I’m at and having trouble damaging enemies which seems to be fairly common.

45. Loggjaw

Loggjaw

I hopefully will finally get some real good time in this game tonight. I am just refreshing this post like a loon bag.

46. daxy

daxy

I believe you can get the egg removed. It's picking up hacked items that breaks your character I think? Are your stats still within normal ranges?

47. flyinj

flyinj

I thought you had to be in an invasion zone for the hacker to get you, so I didnt bother backing up my save. They got me right outside the central bonfire in the undead burg.

48. Blindy

Blindy

Between the cheap fall deaths and deceiving fall spots, the mushrooms that try and push you off and their power hitting mommies and the basilisks that come in packs and can curse, The Great Hollow is just dreadful. Have to go through so much to get to Ash Lake and its Hydra hydro pumping cheese.

49. Irrotational

Irrotational

I've been playing two handed zweihander this game (after my initial playthroughs with a dex pyromancer)

The special heavy jump attack is just awesome. Every time it prompts the ai to go from neutral/blocking to start attacking... Just in time to get a giant sword to their head.

More fun than swiping away with my jagged blade from last time... Although the bleed was fun.

I also got to do the forest covenant properly, even on a Monday lunch time, amazing to finally see how the various PvP things work.

50. entremet

entremet

Oop! I used Anastasia soul to reinforce my flask :/