1. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

[​IMG]
    YES.

You have given me reason to talk about this fucking show.
    Because this fucking show y'all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is like within the first five minutes or so.

It is exploitative sci-fi trash. It has some of the most gaudy set + costume design you'll ever see. Like they don't try to hide it at all.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

You might have noticed that I haven't really said a word about plot or anything and instead relied on an overabundance of gifs. But that is simply because Cleopatra 2525 needs to be experienced in order for yo- eh let's face it: The story is pretty much non existent, it is exploitative trash that is self aware but still leans heavy into the exploitation elements/tropes so it's not like that self awareness makes it better, it's not nearly the same quality of Xena or Hercules (which is the same programming block it was headed for). It's not even on the level of Jack of All Trades which this show was bundled with. The effects are pretty poor (even for its time), but still
    [​IMG]
    It's too goofy not to love.

2. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

It is why I will always love her

3. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky
    Community Resettler Member

Grownish renewed for season 2.

4. Blitzrules240

Blitzrules240

It's a shame that Great News is probably going to get cancelled because this episode is hilarious.

Props to Tracey Wigfield for making a fun spoof of social media and news coverage.

5. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

6. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

[​IMG]

(yes this is now a Cleo 2525 thread)

7. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

[​IMG]

8. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

I've really been enjoying it so far.

9. um

10. vypek

vypek

That seems pretty fast. I guess these 4 episodes have performed well

11. Gamer @ Heart

Gamer @ Heart

Is/was Brooklyn nine nine big enough for them not to kill it outright between seasons or will they let it end by giving it another shorter season? I see the numbers for last year compared to even 3 years ago and I worry.

12. dead souls

dead souls

Who knows, since low rated shows get renewed all the time now, but I'd be fine with B99 ending after this season. It's had a long enough run.

13. Zoe

Zoe

B99 just started syndication if that still makes a difference.

14. firehawk12

firehawk12

Man, maybe Shawn Ryan is really a hack and The Shield/Terriers was a fluke. The latest episode basically has SWAT turning out to just be Chicago Code 2.0... and that was just a ripoff of The Wire. :p

15. Zero315

Zero315

I am here for all this Cleopatra 2525 love.

16. melonrabbit

melonrabbit

We actually talking Cleopatra 2525? <3.

17. G_Shumi

G_Shumi

Thursday night's ratings:

[​IMG]

18. God Dammit Great News. Are you even trying?

19. Hobbun

Hobbun

But from what I remember reading before, neither wanted to return, so what would be the point, anyways? The movie shouldn't be made if neither Smith or Lawrence returns.

20. Oh lord,
    Im a few episodes behind still.
    I really like all of the cast but otherwise the show is just meh to okay personally.

21. DanGo

DanGo

Joel McHale Lands Topical Weekly Show for Netflix

22. Nice, love McHale.
    god do I miss The Soup though.

23. TheAbsolution

TheAbsolution

Honestly, this sounds like the Soup to me but in a new format.

24. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy

Yeah, The Soup was my first introduction to McHale before Community. His Netflix show does sound a lot like it.

25. firehawk12

firehawk12

I wish someone would pay McHale to host E3 events and review games. His disinterest in games gives me life.

26. NameUser

NameUser

Please no. Seeing him interact with whatshisface (game awards guy) was painful.

27. Aiii

Aiii
    何これ Moderator

McHale, Paul Feig, I am so in.

28. witty_mittie3

witty_mittie3

Why is Mississippi in the thread title now?

29. vypek

vypek

One Mississippi has been canceled

30. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Amazon cancelled One Mississippi

31. witty_mittie3

witty_mittie3

Thanks.

32. firehawk12

firehawk12

That was the best version of the Game Awards they've ever done. lol

33. ZeroX

ZeroX

I’m in for The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale

He could see The Game Awards were some bullshit and an absolute mess so he gave the show what it needed to keep it watchable. He’s an actual host and comedian.

34. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

I never sat through more than 5 minutes of any version of Keighley's awards shows before this year so I just looked up videos of this. God damn that was great.

35. Yabberwocky

Yabberwocky

noooo, what the fuck?! Another one? The Amazon one better come to pass first. I'd been really looking forward to seeing what Steinberg and Levine did with Cleopatra, considering what a phenomenal job they did with the women of Black Sails. Even the women in the supporting cast were better written and had better character arcs than most female leads! (Black Sails has ruined me on so many levels. Trying to watch new shows, and going, well, your female characters are okay, but they're no Max/Anne/Miranda/Eleanor/Madi.) Black Sails was also a show that gave the forgotten ones throughout history a voice: the LGBTQ community, women, women and men of color. In turn, it showed why these voices were silenced and forgotten. I'm so goddamn curious how that mindset will be applied to Cleopatra, and it seems like Levine is planning something similar - “a revisionist take on one of history’s most misunderstood women, The Godfather in Ancient Egypt”. GIMME.

36. Jeez, Great News approaching CW levels :(

It's like they know cancellation is on the horizon, storyline is wrapping up.

IT IS THE BEST G-DANG SITCOM I'VE WATCHED IN QUITE SOME TIME. Disappointing, the cast has a lot of fun.

37. Blitzrules240

Blitzrules240

Fuck yeah Joel McHale

38. B.K.

B.K.

I remember seeing that show on TV, but I never watched it. Is it as bad as Lexx?

39. firehawk12

firehawk12

I can see why people who care about games hated that year of the show, but that's exactly the reason why I loved it. lol

40. Bangai O

Bangai O

Lexx was fantastic (well seasons 3 & 4 were), I remember liking Cleopatra 2525 as a youth.

41. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

I have seen like 5 minutes of Lexx but, it's Battlestar Galactica next to Cleopatra 2525. Cleo is a vacuous shell of a show with next to no redeeming value. And I love it so much.

42. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

not to derail the thread with my old show talks as im known to, but im kinda not feeling Orphan Black season 2 :(

house broken Helena is not what I wanted from the character after season 1 >_>

43. TDLink

TDLink

I feel like Orphan Black gets progressively worse after the first season, but it still has its moments and for some reason I watched till the end. I guess I continued to enjoy any shenanigans with Allison despite wherever else the show was weak.

44. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

I love Allison. Hell I like all the characters, which is probably a big reason why ill keep watching even if the plot doesnt tickle my fancy (and S2 deffinately isnt so far)

45. SpartyCrunch

SpartyCrunch
    Xbox and Windows Store Verafied

Orphan Black had a slump toward too much mythology in the middle but the final season and especially the series finale are excellent all the way.

46. TDLink

TDLink

I wasn't a big fan of the final season either. Felt weird and off, for me. But I did like the finale.

I think season 3 is the lowpoint, and it does get a bit better after that, but it never really returns to the highs/potential of season 1.

47. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Per Deadline

48. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

I'm now rewatching Cleopatra 2525 instead of posting in Ratsky's TV of the year thread (don't be like me, vote)

I forgot about sassy snake man:
    [​IMG]
    God Cleo 2525 is so terrible.

edit: nvm it is high fucking art apparently
    The two first episodes are directed by Greg Yaitanes, who did Banshee, Quarry and most recently Manhunt: Unabomber. I had to pause the second episode when I noticed his name to double check

He certainly has come far. lol
    cc: RatskyWatsky

49. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

Wait, isn't there already a channel with a logo exactly like that, a blue circle, but with only one black lower F?

Edit:
    Yep, it really looks like one of the older logo of Family Channel (the Canadian channel).
    http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/Family_Channel

[​IMG]

50. shoemasta

shoemasta

I think seasons 2 and 3 are the weakest of Orphan Black but I really enjoyed season 4 and season 5 is also good.