?

Will we hear news about the new Avengers game at this panel?

1. Yes

48.7%
  2. No

51.3%
  1. DMVfan123

DMVfan123
    Member OP

1-2 PM PT on Thursday, July 19th

https://news.marvel.com/games/90515/marvel-games-takes-on-hall-h-for-san-diego-comic-con-2018/
    May we hear news about a Spider-Man PS4 Pro bundle? Maybe even some Avengers news? I think we may!

2. Zukkoyaki

Zukkoyaki

I would love to hear more about Square's Marvel projects but I won't hold my breath.

Greg should make it a fun watch though.

3. JakeNoseIt

JakeNoseIt

But will he bring chicken wings

4. GrizzNKev

GrizzNKev

If Avengers was going to be announced, it would have been at E3. Expect nothing unless you're into mobile games.

5. angelgrievous

angelgrievous

Cool, I like Greg. Only really interested in Spider-Man to be honest.

6. Much118

Much118

Greg's cool. Should be pretty big, I imagine.

7. One can always hope for Avengers news, but there's nothing to suggest any previously unrevealed games will be there.

8. DMVfan123

DMVfan123
    Member OP

Oh and if you're reading this gameovergreggy just know I'm excited for you to host the panel and I love Kinda Funny Games

9. Nirolak

Nirolak

Avengers seems improbable for a venue like this. They're more likely to announce smaller projects here.

They already have eight games and the panel is only an hour, so it's very likely they will announce zero new games.

10. jstevenson

jstevenson
    Developer at Insomniac Games Verafied

HALL H.

11. DMVfan123

DMVfan123
    Member OP

Will you be on the panel? >:)

12. Murasaki

Murasaki

Greg's such a great fit for this.

13. Crashman

Crashman

They'll talk about upcoming MvCI content here, right?

...r-right?

14. Hall H is a very big venue. If there’s a panel there, something big might be announced.

15. jstevenson

jstevenson

haha, no, I'm actually going to be in Tokyo. A little bummed to miss it!

16. Drayco21

Drayco21

Hoping for some cool Future Fight news

17. icespide

icespide

3rd preorder suit unveil maybe?

18. Nirolak

Nirolak

I'm assuming it's the last villain as far as Spider-Man goes, though probably also a few other things.

19. This is a given, they hinted at this heavily on their last stream.

20. phanphare

phanphare

Greg and Marvel

feels weird

21. I was at a party during E3 and heard a group of people talking about how they are starting to work on the creative for the Square Enix Avengers game. When they saw me perk up they quickly shut up, but I have no doubts that this is where it will be unveiled.

22. Bear

Bear

He tweeted a week or so ago that he was voicing a character in a game franchise that he never imagined he would. Wonder if this is it.

23. Nirolak

Nirolak

The full list of already announced games they seem to be talking about is:
    • Marvel Battle Lines
    • Spider-Man
    • Contest of Champions
    • Marvel Strike Force
    • Powers United VR
    • Spider-Man Unlimited
    • Future Fighter
    • Marvel Puzzle Quest

24. Billfisto

Billfisto

Hall H. :(

More like "On Tuesday, July 17th, at 8:00am, line up for Hall H".

25. DMVfan123

DMVfan123
    Member OP

He did a series called “MCU in Review” where he revisited all of the MCU releases before Infinity War released. I’d really recommend it, especially if you’re a fan of the MCU

26. phanphare

phanphare

I watched them all, probably the best content Kinda Funny has done to date

I'm more just riffing on the fact that aside from Spider Man Greg's always been a DC guy

27. Zero-ELEC

Zero-ELEC

Someone ask them why they dropped MvCI so hard despite promising "years of support" after their rules and meddling caused caused the game to sell "soft" and if that's how they treat their seminal franchises why should they expect people to buy their games.

28. Mesoian

Mesoian

The marvel games panel is always a sad affair.

The year I went, I was the one who asked at the panel if UMvsC3 was truly did and got the polite press, "Yes it is, please stop asking".

There was a girl who was extremely excited about the latest event for their mobile card game. It was one of the few instances where it's like, "People play these games a lot, and really really really like them". But yo those games are bad.

::Hand on shoulder:: You have to let it go.

29. Mario_Bones

Mario_Bones

Clicked this topic thinking we might finally hear something about Avengers but nope it’s just their gross mobile money printing machines

30. Iwao

Iwao

I bet Greg will be unboxing the super secret Collector's Edition statue:

[​IMG]

31. Mesoian

Mesoian

I mean, it's 1 good game.

And 7 bad ones that people spend an ungodly amount of money on.

32. Suicide King

Suicide King

I hope it's a buff to Captain Marvel in Avengers: Future Fight.

33. wait... Greg... or shirtless Spiderman?

34. Many people have tried to get them on the record, but it's clear that no one from Marvel is allowed to even admit the existence of the X-Men/FF licensing ban, as obvious as it is from the outside (presumably because that would reflect very badly on Perlmutter). Don't expect them to acknowledge that it was ever a thing, even when/if it's lifted entirely after the Fox deal goes through.

Also, my understanding is that MvCI's biggest problems resulted from a lack of budget and resources, which is all on Capcom, though the roster limitations certainly didn't help.

35. icespide

icespide

nope they've already said the status is a spoiler and its actually packaged in a way that you don't open all of it until you've finished the game

36. Zero-ELEC

Zero-ELEC

Allegedly, the much maligned (read: memed to death) visual style was enforced by Marvel. Which, looking at their mobile games, I could believe.

37. Drayco21

Drayco21

She'll be buffed heavily the movies release month when they release her MCU uniform and Tier 3 upgrade.

38. Iwao

Iwao

If true, that's crazy. It's odd they said they'd reveal it in the Summer though.

39. ElBoxyBrown

ElBoxyBrown

Then why isn't Spider-Man forced to look like a mobile game? This is why this conversation is complicated as no one from either Capcom or Marvel side is willing to talk.

40. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

To me, my X-Men!!!

41. Is he going to wear his superman shirt?

42. jstevenson

jstevenson

Summer doesn't end until 9/21

43. ZeroCDR

ZeroCDR

I'll likely buy Spider-Man at some point, but certainly not anywhere near launch. Their hand in MvC:I really makes me think twice about anything Marvel Games. The fans deserved better, they don't even respect us enough to confirm support has ceased, despite promises of an ongoing platform.

44. Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

*knows that Contest of Champions is a free to play mobile game*
    *googles Battle Lines*
    "Free to play mobile game"
    *googles Strike Force*
    "Free to play mobile game"

Well at least they're making Spiderman, which is more than Transformers fans can say. :/

45. The_Endgame

The_Endgame

FLAPJAAAAAAAAAAAACCCKKK!!!

Nice! Love Greg and the KF crew

Hyped for this!

46. Guess this is where they unveil the third costume for pre order and the design of the statue for Spider-Man

Edit:looking above I guess that’s a no on the statue thing

47. Drayco21

Drayco21

Bummer, but I guess they need more muties to pad their X-Men subscription

48. Nakenorm

Nakenorm

MvCI is dead, let it go. Sure, Marvel had some part in it failing, but so did capcom.. And I dunno if it's just me but you don't see people moaning about it in every capcom thread. And there's especially no point in taking it out on Spider-man which actually looks awesome.

49. TriniTrin

TriniTrin

Marvel "mobile" Games!
    and spiderman....

Hopefully next year they have more than just spiderman for games that don't charge you by the minute!

50. Zero-ELEC

Zero-ELEC

I do. ;_;