1. PSA: go underground for mining so many veins

2. VariantX

VariantX

Its an awareness thing. The wider audience didn't really start paying much attention to WF until tennocon this year with PoE and now its getting even more attention as a game that does microtransactions "right" thanks to the noise kicked up with EA's lootbox hard on an destiny's bright engram kerfluffle.

Nova is one of the best frames in the game. And this is after she got nerfed when she was even better than she is now at what she does. She's exceptional at CC and clearing rooms. Has extremely high mobility and is actually resonably resilient against a stray shot from a sniper provided you have your #1 active all the time. Her #2 is absurdly effective even against level 150+ mobs.

3. MistaTwo

MistaTwo
    SNK Gaming Division Studio 1 Verafied

I've actually started playing this a bit after my brother got annoyed at some of the recent decisions with Destiny 2 and asked me to join him.

I'm still not completely sold on it, but I am having more fun than I did when I first picked it up years ago.
    The weapons still lack the oomph and wow factor that you get with Destiny IMO, but hopefully I can get more loot to make that better.

I ended up dropping some money on platinum and picked up the Mirage bundle + Nova warframe.
    Mirage seems cool but I really don't understand how to use the toolkit so far. That final disco ball move is pretty useful though.
    The weapons that came with the bundle are the real highlight.

Nova warframe seems a bit underwhelming. Probably should have done more research before buying that one....

4. ZugZug123

ZugZug123

Like the addition of weather to the Plains (was raining tonight in Cetus). Sad that the Vomvalysts are back to attacking you on sight :( I thought they were my friends now.

5. ZugZug123

ZugZug123

Agreed.

OW also got a musical number on the show and won eSports game (which is BS too). Blizzard did not have anything new this year, but has to keep some attention on the game going into their multi-million dollar league launch.

6. MistaTwo

MistaTwo
    SNK Gaming Division Studio 1 Verafied

That's good to know! The kit just didn't seem as interesting as Mirage, but I guess it does seem fairly solid
    when it comes to CC.

Now I just need to start clearing out of some of the basic content. Definitely one of those games where it is easy to get overwhelmed!
    I think I want to grind for the Ash frame first. Hopefully it isn't that tough to get.

7. Manzoon

Manzoon

The real magic of Nova is when you start getting better mods and you can cover most of a defense map in her 4 power.

8. rocket

rocket

It was fucking bullshit.

9. shoemasta

shoemasta

Ash is fairly hard to actively grind for. He drops from somewhat rare enemies that spawn mainly from a specific node on Uranus. So unless you aren't there yet its gonna be tough.

10. Ketch

Ketch

pretty excited to finish mag and sell her to make room for valkyr

I also have all the parts for oberon, and access to raptors to grind nova.

11. Callandor

Callandor

Actually, Ash parts drop from the regular grineer manic enemy, not the drekar manics that spawn on Uranus. (It's be nice if they did, cause then you could easily farm him from the Tyl Regor fight!)

Grineer Manic Blueprint Drop Chance: 33.00%
    Ash Chassis Blueprint Common (38.72%)
    Ash Neuroptics Blueprint Common (38.72%)
    Ash Systems Blueprint Uncommon (22.56%)

Manics can pop up in short grineer missions while the alarm is on, and they almost always pop up around the 15 minute mark in grineer survivals. They also appear at intervals if you keep going on Defection missions, so if you actually want to try to farm Ash, that's probably the best bet (and you can try for the Harrow systems at the same time).

12. Glitchesarecool

Glitchesarecool
    Member OP

LoR is an excellent source of Ash parts.

Man what a weird enemy to put Ash drop chance on... They barely ever spawn in regular play.

13. Armaros

Armaros

Especially since ash used to be part of the planet boss drop table.

The joke that ash prime was easier to make when it wasn’t vaulted.

14. Sleeping on Nova is one of the worse things you can do since shes pretty damn good on her own or with a squad.

CC for days

Yea you have to be actively looking for them.

He will usually spawn around 15 mins in a survival on Uranus and you at that point should be prepared since the reason its being run is to farm polymers mostly.

15. Got that thing from watching the game awards plus it was nice seeing some Warframe ads representing on the show :D

16. TatteredHat

TatteredHat

Got a 75% discount on daily login today! I've been waiting on a good discount for a while so this is great, I've been wanting to give back to DE for a while now so I ended up buying the 4300 plat pack. I don't really plan on buying a lot aside from forma/potatoes and slots, maybe some color palettes, so this should last me for a long while.

17. Volimar

Volimar

Maybe it's just in my head but the fishing spots seemed chock full since the update, even without the rain bonus.

18. Indeed.

But remember that FashionFrame is the true endgame :P

19. Ketch

Ketch

Still haven’t gotten mine

I am on Saturn atm, Should I just equip my max rank frost prime/soma/Scindo and push to at least get to the spoilers? I’m not gonna be able to keep moving forward with none max rank stuff I don’t think

20. voodoo

voodoo

The 'Salix Solstice Syandana'? Try watching one of the partnered warframe twitch streamers for a bit. I got mine after a few minutes.

21. Volimar

Volimar

I wish I could save back affinity boosters for Forma'ing my frames.

22. Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Just got the Dread blueprint randomly, first time killing the shadow. Looking forward to tomorrow.

23. Panda Pedinte

Panda Pedinte

I think I got really lucky fighting against a Stalker. Shouldn't he dispel my buffs and other abilities? I put a Frost's snowglobe and he was slowed down inside it so I just killed him with my Hek.

24. Htown

Htown

Just looked it up, and apparently snowglobe isn't dispelled by Stalker. I feel like this is intended, or at least acceptable, behavior given the fact that it hasn't been fixed yet.

25. Volimar

Volimar

The first time I went against a Stalker he completely wiped the floor with me so I just figured that if he showed up, that was a respawn waiting to happen. Eventually went up against him with better mods and a Broken War. Cut him to pieces lickety split.

26. Panda Pedinte

Panda Pedinte

Good to know. The first time a Stalker atacked me I did not even knew what happened.

27. Syril

Syril

That bow is really fun. Its critical stat is so good you can raise it above 100%, which not only means every shot will be critical as a baseline, but the remainder becomes its chance for orange criticals which are even stronger.

28. Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

Hah, that's how I got him too. I crossed him a couple of times on other warframes and being dispelled jacked me up. Snow globe wrecks him.

I had my eye on it for Ivara, but gave up when I found out I needed to find and kill stalker. It just fell into my lap today. So lucky.

29. Panda Pedinte

Panda Pedinte

I also got that Bow blueprint and it's nice to know it's a solid weapon.

Currently I have Valkyr being constructed and by reading the description of her powers they sound interesting.

30. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher
    The Abominable Showman Member

Got removed from the clan while my new clan key was being built so I could go into the dojo and buy the Plains Archwing mod for my ship to make getting around the plains actually manageable and not a chore.

DE needs to stop making it so you lose your clan key every time you leave a clan. It takes too damn long to build a new one. Sigh.

31. Blank

Blank

So couple more days in, couple more questions:

1- Am I wrong in thinking alerts are pretty worthless most of the time? The credit rewards are inferior to dark sector quests, if they come with endo it's usually a pretty small-ish amount (and credits are the big bottleneck for where I'm at by far), and the helmets they usually give are just cosmetic... which I guess is end-game fashion frame or so they say. But yeah, I've been ignoring alerts for the most part. Invasions also seem questionable? Are these items they give considered rarer or something? I haven't found it "worth" farming them yet.

2- Any resource gatherer tips? I understand the amounts they give back are low, but I figured while I'm sleeping/working I can have them going.

3- I've got Rhino cooking and I'm starting on Mag next. Any warframe in particular I should also farm up? I have Frost Prime from Amazon already. I'm having "choice paralysis" where I'm starting to get afraid to invest in any one particular item/weapon, especially when it comes to forma/orkins.

32. Its his most common weapon drop *shrug*

Luckily its arguably his best weapon from the bunch.

33. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher
    The Abominable Showman Member

Alerts are USUALLY useless, but sometimes good ones pop up. Orokin Catalysts, Formas, etc. Do those, leave the others. "Gift from the Lotus" alerts should almost always be prioritized.

Generally, just put your skimmers on the planets that have the materials you need. You're always going to need more of everything until later on in the game.

Loki is fun. Most of the ones from Quests are pretty unique and interesting. Ember has a very useful power that's great for defense missions and grinding. Almost every frame is viable in some form or another, so there's no real reason NOT to get them aside from running out of slots.

34. 1. Alerts are good either for stuff you dont have (auras, mods, alternate helmets, vauban pieces) or stuff you want more of (rare resources like nitain, synthula, argon, kubrow egg, orokin reactors and catalysts, etc). so its up to you if you want to do them.
    Invasions are in a similar boat but you tend to get less fluff for both scenarios (the weapons pieces for the wraith and vandal variant weapons and/or rare resources like mutagen, detonite, orokin reactors and catalysts. So once again it depends on what you want and if its currently offering you.

2. Use extractors for gathering outside of the game (the warframe app is pretty good for this since you can deploy them from there) but otherwise you go to the planets where the resources are (mainly if its the most common drop) and run endless missions with a frame setup for farming such as a Nekros or Hydroid with the pilfering swarm augment.

3. As of right now just continue to get the frames that you can farm i.e any new boss you are now fighting while going through the start map and get them built since they can be so different from each other and work in varying scenarios.
    As for your current upcoming frames Rhino is a very solid one you can use while going through since hes a tank , so you can take advantage of that as you progress and the enemies start to dish out more damage and effects.

For weapons there are some must haves but otherwise nothing is wrong with holding off so continue to build as much weapons as you can for mastery and note the ones you like to use and/or are very handy then invest in them.

Here is my list of these must have weapons and so far include:

Most of the Shotguns - Hek (Normal and Syndicate Version), Tigris (Syndicate version and Prime), Arca Plasmor
    Secondaries - Lex Prime, Dual Lex Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Pandero, Euphona Prime
    Snipers - Vectis Prime, Lanka,
    Primaries/Bows - Soma Prime, Latron Prime, Tenora, Dread, Paris Prime, Rakta Cernos, Lenz, Opticor
    Melee - Nikana (Dragon and Prime), Rakta Dark Dagger, Galatine, Silva and Aegis Prime, Atterax, Lecta

And many more since there are other members way more versed with the weapons in this game.

35. Ploid 6.0

Ploid 6.0

I mainly play Wukong or Loki, fighting that shadow is tough for me right now. The last time I did it I discovered that it was removing my defiance or whatever the second life buff is. I mainly logged in to do one alert and log out. I was lucky that I was on Frost because I was farming Jupiter IO for a chance at Metso S5. Being in that bubble made him a punching bag.

36. Yea hes definitely like that as you are starting/progressing and being able to wipe any buffs is hilarious, hell i used to have a win loss count against him and was down by a decent amount LOL

Eventually you'll have his number.

Also you should have been in the game where he would spawn around 80% of the time if you had a low level frame equipped due to wanting to level it LOLOLOL

37. Bhonar

Bhonar

wats LoR

38. NullPointer

NullPointer

Enjoy literally slicing your foes in half with that bow. Its bloody good.

39. The Law of Retribution.

Its one of Warframe's version of a MMO Raid (they call it a Trial). Up to 8 people can run it.

Also its the best way to get the Brakk since the Gustrag Three always play a part in it.

40. Htown

Htown

I've never done a Trial

How hard are they?

41. Bhonar

Bhonar

oh definitely not done anything like that yet

can u solo it???

42. As long as you understand the objectives and work as a team it shouldn't be hard tbh. But the enemies are at sortie 2-3 level iirc so everyone has to be prepared.

For Nightmare LoR most of the nightmare rules are in play in some way so you have to be extra careful.

No you need at least a group of 4.

Its mainly due to the actions you have to perform that requires teamwork.

43. Bhonar

Bhonar

awww dratz!!

44. Ketch

Ketch

I just killed him for the first time the other day. He got stuck in the water on one of the void tile sets and just ran back and forth while I killed him with my secondary, took a good 3 minutes.

45. Datajoy

Datajoy

I somehow didn't know what Warframe really was until like two days ago... now I'm binging YouTube videos while it downloads on my PS4.... this game looks so good, I can't wait to hop in!

46. Datajoy

Datajoy

Edit: DP

47. Arrrammis

Arrrammis

Welcome to the game! There's quite a few mechanics that aren't well explained in-game, so feel free to ask questions! Also, just a heads up, there's a separate thread for just PS4 players (because there are a ton of active PS4 players on Era), you might have better luck finding a group and/or clan posting there: https://www.resetera.com/threads/warframe-ps4-ot-a-new-era-in-the-plains.1007/

48. spindoctor

spindoctor

Speaking of the Stalker, I finally got the War blueprint to drop from him. I haven't started building it yet because I'm sort of hesitant about destroying a lore item to make it. I checked the wiki and it can be farmed but that seems like it would be a pretty big headache to do so. So, I guess my question is... is there any reason to not craft that item into War?

49. Glitchesarecool

Glitchesarecool
    Member OP

It's probably best to build a second Broken War to make War. Broken War is top of its class in single handed swords. War is great, but it's outshined in many ways by the Galatine Prime. It looks cool as hell but it deals mostly impact damage. You'd also lose the catalyst that's on the Broken War when building the War.

Broken War parts drop off of Conculysts and the BP itself off of Shadow Stalker.

50. Chairmanchuck

Chairmanchuck

Anyone knows where to get the stuff we were supposed to get from watching the Twitch TGA stream?