1. 2Bee

2Bee

yea wow, it seems they barely have enough people to make 1 new Galactic Assault map in 6 months.

A new large mode like Conquest or even Supremacy seems out of the question for this game.

Our hopes are now on Battlefront 3 for a Conquest mode :(

2. kaospilot

kaospilot

Jabba's Palace is alright but no extraction = no care. I only ever played that or GA, not bothered about blast or HvV.

3. Spartancarver

Spartancarver

At least we were treated marginally better than the Destiny 2 community by Bungie. This most recent $20 expansion was apparently an even bigger joke than usual

4. Olengie

Olengie

I'm just not going to buy Battlefront 3. And Destiny 3.

5. Plasma

Plasma

The update sounds good except when you get to the part where they're spreading it out over two months and then from the leaks where it mentions that the game has been all but abandoned.

It's a shame that the progression system launched so broken, if they'd just sold skins like Boushh from the start people would have been lapping it up and spending real money on them. Imagine if they had sold a Luke skin for the TLJ that had Hamill voicing it people would be handing their wallets over to EA.

6. Olengie

Olengie

DICE and EA didn't really think about that. And decided to offer to Loot Boxes instead of having people paying for cosmetic skins.

7. Gleethor

Gleethor

I think the worst part is we were all already ambivalent about a Solo themed season but most of us figured we’d at least get a new GA and SA map out of it. Not even close.

8. Olengie

Olengie

EA/Dice: "I know yall want a new GA and SA map. But you really want another HvV map instead right?"

9. Gleethor

Gleethor

Another thing: there’s actually a good amount of QoL stuff coming in season 2 that a lot of us had requested. It’s just that we were also hoping for...actual content.

10. Spartancarver

Spartancarver

F8rge claiming there are 100+ people working on this game

Must be mostly unpaid interns fresh out of college. Or they're just trash at their jobs.

11. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I

Meh i dont believe anything this guy says. The current actions are showing a different state. 100+ devs? Yeah where is the content then? The game should have at least received 4 new GA maps, more Weapons, more Clone Wars ERA stuff.

But nope we get Season 2 which is split in 2 parts. Yeah no

12. Darth Smurf X

Darth Smurf X

Oh, Dice, you are really making it hard for me to be optimistic about this game lately. But, I'll try.

I don't think it's abandoned. Here's a comment from F8RGE (our Battlefront source):

[​IMG]
    Criterion and Motive may have moved on, but that doesn't mean we won't get any more SFA maps. The basic work is done—it's just map-making now. Motive going bye-bye just means there won't be any more story mode coming, but I don't think anyone thought that was happening anyhow.

The news also states that a new planet is coming in June. That could mean a GA map, a smaller map and a SFA map—all on that one planet.

And this content coming next week is pretty sweet. Granted, I thought for sure we'd be getting Extraction back, but Jabba's Palace was one of my favorites in the last game. Maybe Extraction will be coming in June with the rest. Speaking of June, I bet they can't show much of the NEW Solo stuff due to some Disney rights thingee... I have no idea. I'm grasping here.

PROS:
    • Starfighter Assault Arcade.
    • Potentially faster load times with the new UI... which are atrocious at the moment, so anything better would be HUGE for me.
    • The 2 new skins are sweet. I want that Legendary Leia Bounty Hunter one, mainly because it has the new voice.
    • JABBA'S PALACE!!!
    • New HvV mode seems cool. Not sure how much I'll play it though.
    • This is only Part 1.
    • Some communication on their part is better than the complete radio silence we were treated to when the game launched. Even if it's almost completely devoid of details, it's better than...
    • Also coming with Hero patches including a Luke upgrade.
    • Geonosis and General Grievous—according to the leak.
    • New Milestones. I now have more reasons to do stuff. Joy.
    • Ewok Hunt is permanent? It seems that way. Now they just need to change it to "Hunt" and add more creatures/maps.

CONS:
    • Nothing about Part 2. Like... come on.
    • Potentially no new Heroes, if that leak is 100% accurate. At least recycle Greedo and Nien Nunb from 2015. They fit with the theme and they were added last second to The Outer Rim to avoid backlash. Dice... do the right thing here.
    • Clone Wars stuff not arriving until after August?!?!?! Ugh.
    • Extraction?
    • Where's Jabba's Garage?
    And... I think this forum and the official forum is officially breaking me at this point. I've been giving EA the benefit of the doubt, thinking things were pushed back due to revamping the entire progression system, but now even I'm starting to worry. Come on, Dice. Don't kill this game.

13. II JumPeR I

II JumPeR I

Battlefront 3 shouldnt release before 2020. BF2 clearly showed it was rushed.

14. Olengie

Olengie

just like Battlefront . lul

15. McBradders

McBradders
    Sumo Digital Verafied

Knock this off already. It’s totally uncalled for.

16. janusfilmsfan

janusfilmsfan

There’s a very small snippet of Jabba’s Palace gameplay at 1:52. Guess that’s gonna be in the trailer they’ll release.

17. ComputerBlue

ComputerBlue

I think some people finally need to start coming to terms with something they should have come to terms with the moment that no season pass was announced. This game was never going to get great post launch support. Even if the progression and MTX's were there from launch, you'd see more than what we have now but not much and the majority of it would have been loot crate based. Without the MTX's that support has been cut in half. The game is not bad, it has a decent amount of content, and will get a bit more. I'd go to r/starwarsbattlefront regularly and you'd constantly see wish lists, people literally expected this game to get as much DLC as a full season pass, and then some. It's ridiculous. The outrage there today is just stupid.

Yeah, we should be getting a bit more, but that got fucked up the moment they decided to include a P2W progression system and the following backlash that came along with it. That altered the roadmap and I'm sure it was never going to be that great to begin with.

I personally really enjoy it, as I did the first game. I have a few wishes of my own, and some complaints but if they were to leave this game as is, I wouldn't be too mad about it because it's fun to pick up and play from time to time, as was the first game.

18. Quinton

Quinton

Hi everybody. I finally got this game last week. My PSN is, regrettably, JeffJaqi. (It's a combination of my birth name and my friend's birth name. We've both changed ours. Also, we used to be an item. We no longer are. Sony, please give me a paid name change option. This is awkward.)

I'm super-duper casual so please don't add me expecting to gain a competitive edge. In all likelihood you will, in fact, be losing one. But I'm nice. I promise.

19. Belvedere

Belvedere

Well that info about the team size is interesting. There was another topic on Reddit where F8RGE stated there were a dozen people working on it...

Edit: He's since clarified.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ing_our_criticism_of_this_incredibly/dypkoaj/

That makes me feel a bit better but man, if this were anything other than a Star Wars game I'd have uninstalled.

20. Spartancarver

Spartancarver

It isn't though. They are objectively poor at their jobs if this is the best a team of 100+ can accomplish in 6 months. It's pathetic.

21. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

I think they should have been a bit clearer and more concrete with what we're getting in "part two" of the Season in June. Yes they reference a whole new world but putting out something at least specifying say "more heroes, maps, and skins coming in June once more information about the movie is public" or whatever the case may be would have been a bit better and avoided a lot of the kneejerk reactions. Leaks point to two new villains from Solo as well as 5 skins (which was confirmed by Forge today specifically), and one of the leaks had one of the 5 skins being Boba Fett related which would make sense given whatever is coming in June is stuff they can't talk about yet because it's spoilers or not yet revealed information.

I mostly understand their hands are tied here in this specific case regarding information release, but they wouldn't be getting jumped on so bad if they hadn't totally been shitting the bed for most of the last 6 months. Even if it's for "good" reason asking folks to wait yet another month for more details/content when they've already stretched any goodwill they've had to the limit with how long there was no new content and progression was ass isn't doing them any favors.

Unfortunately right now nothing that's been announced has me any more excited to login for anything beyond the daily arcade credits + maybe the daily challenge if it's easy/quick which is already what I've been doing for the most part for a while now. It's rad that we're getting some cool new skins and milestones etc, but grinding out credits/challenges is a hard ask when there's no new meaningful content. Hell, at this point I'd be thrilled just to get goddamn team rebalancing in GA on map change. I honestly think I'm gonna re-install BF2015 tonight lol.

Also I loved Jabba's Palace from BF2015, but I have negative interest in a 2v2 HvV mode given what an unbalanced shitshow HvV already is to begin with, Strike is pretty awful IMO (although maybe it'll be better on this map?) and Blast isn't really my thing (I don't come to Star Wars BF for deathmatch, and certainly not with how hilariously OP the wookie warrior is for the good side) so with no Extraction or anything like that I'll probably never play it.

22. McBradders

McBradders
    Sumo Digital Verafied

No dude, not even close. Not interested in getting into it with you suffice to say “lazy devs” is a really bad position to be arguing from.

23. Rivian

Rivian

IIRC that leak (with the Boba skins, Qi'Ra/Enfys as heroes, etc.) was fake. The more recent, confirmed leak (the one with 2v2 HvV, the Lando/Leia skins & Jabba's Palace) said there would be no new heroes, vehicles or weapons in this season.

24. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

If you're responding to me I'm not accusing the devs of being lazy at all, if I was I would be making one of the reddit posts saying "1 PORTED MAP + UI CHANGE + SKINS LMAO". The ball has been dropped pretty bad in general with this game but I don't blame any of the actual devs here (I think their PR/messaging could have been better in this instance to avoid some of the negative reactions but I'm not mad about it?). All of the problems this game has had with lack of content etc is clearly pretty management driven with how the lootbox thing blew up and whatever they had to stall or pull from to fix it.

It's sort of similar to the Destiny 2 situation where the game has all kinds of (mostly different) issues but I don't blame the actual devs. Most of the Bungie guys seem pretty cool and that's been the case here with DICE and especially their new Community Manager who is doing the absolute best he can god bless him. When you have things like the website saying Season Two is "coming soon" since early January and no new content in-game for 6 months other than 2 limited time modes (one of which uses an existing map and assets) because they have to fix progression/MTX issues that I can't imagine almost anyone on the dev team had any say in that's not lazy devs, that's bad/poor management and the dev team not being given either people or resources they need to properly address issues and communication. So if that came off as lazy devs that was not my intention and I apologize, I know multiple game devs and off the top of my head can't think of a situation where I would say anything was "lazy devs."

Well shit. We know at least 5 skins are coming in June per Forge, so I don't know what else they would be adding in June outside of either a new map or mode then?

25. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

It will come out close to Episode 9. Just like BF and BF2 did. There is no way they skip that.

26. McBradders

McBradders
    Sumo Digital Verafied

I wasn’t responding to you :)

27. WillyFive

WillyFive

I told ya'll last year. When maps are no longer their business model for DLC, then you are not going to get a lot of maps. It is not the product for sale.

28. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

Oh I see that now lol. I only have 4-5 people on Era on ignore, and that's for being constantly/overly negative in OT's for extended periods of time, and the ignore function on here works so well I didn't even see there was a post in-between.

29. Damm the content drought is real. They at least start doing more double XP weekends. I want to at least see if I can get the platinum trophy. I hate grinding Heroes Vs Villians. Just so I can get over 10k per round. :/

30. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

Double XP was nice, it got me and my friend to play for the first time in ages to grind out a bit of HvV for leveling heroes.

I know I'm probably the only person on the planet who cares this strongly about it, but probably literally my #1 complaint/want at this point is goddamn stats. Even ignoring that BF2015 launched with them and a full on companion app etc, it's 2018 y'all and they don't even provide basic stat tracking. Drives me bananas mostly because I really really want to know what my gametime/hours played/Win and Loss record. As someone who actively plays (and dies) for the objective I'd love to know what my Win % is. I don't really buy the theory that we don't have stats because they don't want to surface K/D information for a number of reasons, but given that they have stat tracking on some level for Milestones etc this is one of the few things I'm legitimately baffled we haven't gotten (along with team rebalancing given that it was in the last game and doesn't seem like it would be THAT hard?).

31. Spartancarver

Spartancarver

Except I'm not claiming laziness, I'm claiming either severe understaffing or sheer ineptitude, neither of which are a stretch of the imagination at this point.

32. Olengie

Olengie

My W/L ratio is probably 50/50 due to teammate stupidity and incompetence

33. Quinton

Quinton

My own is probably sitting at the same number so far mostly due to teammates who are doing better than I am. :P I'm still learning the maps and stuff though. There's so much content! (I know, I know. It'll get stale. I'm enjoying myself so far though.)

I didn't really see any takers when I listed my PSN ID here earlier so I will join the ResetEra Battlefront Community the next time I play and try to make some friends that way. I look forward to playing with y'all. Sorry I suck. :P

34. Plasma

Plasma

I bet Respawn's Star Wars game comes out next year for Episode 9 instead.

35. Mr.Deadshot

Mr.Deadshot

Oh wow, I didn't even consider that. You might be right.

36. VonGreckler

VonGreckler

I've been playing since launch and hasn't gotten stale for me yet, so you never know :)
    Hope to play with you soon on PS4.

37. The only thing that excites me about this is that the leak has pretty much been spot on, which means we're going to get a Boba Fett skin...which means hes in the Solo movie.

38. Gleethor

Gleethor

I think you’re confusing your leaks. Boba was only mentioned in the leak that mentioned two heroes, while the other (accurate so far) leak has specifically said we aren’t getting heroes this season

39. Damn!

40. Quinton

Quinton

Likewise! Looking forward to it!

41. RebelDeux

RebelDeux

How many seasons they confirmed for the game? Are they going to be 4 just like last time?

If we are gettin Season 2 in May+June, then they are releasing the third one in November (to celebrate one year out) and maybe the last one in early 2019 (February?)

Or what if they drop this with Season 3?

42. WillyFive

WillyFive

It depends on whether EA's other Star Wars game in development releases this year or next year. If it comes out this year, that means that Battlefront 3 will probably be coming to tie in with Episode 9 in 2019, which means Battlefront 2 will only have around 4 or 5 seasons. If at E3 it is announced that the other SW game comes out in 2019, then that means Battlefront 3 won't be the tie in for Episode 9, which means Battlefront 2 could enjoy a longer life, with as many seasons as DICE and EA are willing to support based on sales from the micro-transactions.

43. Gleethor

Gleethor

Right now I wouldn’t advise anyone to expect more than 3 seasons. It’ll depend on crystal sales

44. Plasma

Plasma

EA should be looking to Ubisoft as an example of why you shouldn't abandon a game so quickly, R6S didn't sell great when it launched but look at it now.

45. Interesting read, which basically confirms it’s the higher-ups at EA tha are the problem and not the folks at Dice.

46. Belvedere

Belvedere

Yep and I think this has been most people's suspicions all along.

47. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

This is mostly why I find all of this so baffling. Games have had terrible launches and then completely turned things around, and on paper you would think it would be in EA's best interests to give this game some more resources/people since they could sell cosmetics like mad if they had good word of mouth with new stuff and events every couple months or whatever. And doubly so in this case because I have to assume EA has some level of concern about losing the license from Disney. It's so weird.

48. Is anyone really surprised by this? EA has a goldmine right in front of them if they would just pull their heads out of their asses and capitalize on it (in a non shitty, non lootbox garbage way)

49. Quinton

Quinton

That was a good read. I appreciate the link. The part where they said that what's about to happen will prove EA's disconnect with the playerbase all over again has me wondering what exactly is over the hill.

50. Bog

Bog

What kind of idiot would think it's just the devs not being good at their jobs? Of course it's an issue higher up.