1. jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Yeah as it stands, I'm not enjoying it as much. Specially not knowing where to go. It's a pain

The map is not very helpful either

The demo is not selling me on this game. Honestly the bravely games are miles better. And that I loved even during its demo

The combat in bravely games is better too.

Eh. Not sure why this game had to go backwards

2. Nose Master

Nose Master

Man, Cyrus' field skill is so insanely better than Oph's. Even Primrose's isn't great compared to shit like new weapons and free inn rests, etc.

...I just realized that the XP multiplying dance must stack. Cyrus' boss only gave me 20+2 xp. I got a x2 and a x100 during the Oph boss, and ended up with 4000+400 for a break. If that actually stacks, you could get to max level with 2-3 of the x100 on just about any enemy.

3. GuitarGuruu

GuitarGuruu

Went in blind and somehow ended up with a party of Therion, Alfyn, Primrose, and Obleric.

The composition works out perfectly coincidentally so I'm happy with where I'm at. The game is definitely more enjoyable with a party and I like the break mechanic for interrupting boss attacks and boosting skills. Definite day 1 for me.

4. jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Hmm hopefully I enjoy it more with a full party. I'm trying to go where Therion is, but I can't figure it out, I only see dead ends

5. DTC

DTC

How did you get x100?

6. Morlas

Morlas

i could listen to the snow village music all day

7. Nose Master

Nose Master

Happened just like the x2, from the "random effects" dance spell that Primrose can learn.

Trying to get it on one of those 1000 xp dudes. Six spells for 1k xp is ridiculous.

EDIT: Can confirm 100% that different multipliers stack. x2 and an x5 made x10. Haven't gotten the same multiplier yet, though. And 2, 5, 10, and 100 are the only ones I've seen. They're pretty rare, so getting two in a battle takes some time. Even still, 10000x if you get them all is pretty significant. I really want to get a 100 on one of them damn bagmen before they patch it.

EDIT 2: Might be wrong. Got a x2, x5, x5, and x5 and it didn't stack. Maybe the same ones happening stop the stack? It's late.

8. PKthndr

PKthndr

Why do people keep bringing up Bravely Default as a predecessor or point of comparison? This game is made by Acquire, and BD is made by Silicon Studio, so they aren't even made by the same people.

Anyway I finished the demo and I liked what I played. I like Cyrus and Tressa a lot, and Olberic is good too. I'm interested to see how the stories connect in the final game, but I am a bit worried and not yet entirely convinced that this game's premise will be executed to its fullest. My party members have had zero character interaction so far which is a bad sign. The quote from a few pages ago about Alfyn and Tressa sharing memories sounds cool, but I would like to see that more in the main game. In a story characters are interesting individually, but it is their interactions with others, especially the main cast, where they really get to shine.

Also the soundtrack is killer so far.

9. Stencil

Stencil

That trailer was the first one to really sell me on this. Does anyone know how long each chapter will be approximately?

10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox

I want to plya this demo but I don't wanna play the real game :-(

11. Nose Master

Nose Master

BD had a similar battle system gimmick of storing attacks. Not the same thing, but pretty similar.

So when you hit 3 hours it doesn't give you a message or anything, it just seemingly stops all events other than the save?

12. Exentryk

Exentryk

Rippletide is such a calming place.

13. thetrin

thetrin
    Content Acquisition at DANGEN Entertainment Verafied

Both games have the same producer.

14. PKthndr

PKthndr

It let me finish the character quest I was doing then move on to the next area before forcing me to save and stop playing. I'm excited to continue. Primrose is next!

Edit: It does give you a thanks for playing message, and reminds you you can transfer your save I think. Ii don't exactly recall what it said.

Ah I see thank you for clearing that up.

15. Nose Master

Nose Master

Ah, you get the message when you zone.

16. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

Has anyone else just taken in the music on the tirle screen? It's beautiful

17. Exentryk

Exentryk

18. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

Yeesssss

19. jb1234

jb1234

I'm still waiting for someone to post the snow town theme. It's so beautiful...

20. FLCL

FLCL

Not really played much because of other stuff but the 20 mins I played of Therion was nice. I really like everything about the game so far.

I just hope that at least close to half of the games story will be a big one involving everyone so it's not 8 small ones. Would be ok if that was not the case but something tells me we have not seen the bigger picture at all.

21. VinceK

VinceK

So with the magic in this game already looking awesome, does anyone else hope that in the full game characters will eventually learn awesome looking weapon skills as well? Like it was in the SaGa Frontier series?

22. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

So, how will things work in the full game? You pick a character to start with and eventually they all intertwine in the same story, or do you have to play through each character's stories individually?

23. NovumVeritas

NovumVeritas

No, you can start a characters story, and visit their hometowns, do their main quest and they will join you, all chapter 1 are the quests to get the characters.

24. AzVal

AzVal

Yay, testing it is cementing my decision, I will not buy the game.

From the beggining I could not stomach sprites, not only on this game and not just now its been a while, I am no graphics enthusiast and I am mainly a Nintendo player, but having played many rpgs om the 8bit and 16 bit gens I grew tired of sprites, part of the reasons I skipped multiple pokemon gens was for this. I can not stomach sprites based on nostalgia, even if it means I am missing some gems.

the game looks waaaaay better in portable as you notice it way less but on a big TV..... lets say not my cup of tea at all.

25. Exentryk

Exentryk

This OST is just too good!

26. Shahadan

Shahadan

I really don't like what I've read about the story progression between characters, but as it's both disappointing and kinda expected, I'm not that mad.

27. Exentryk

Exentryk

This is the monster (Cait) that gives a 1000 exp.

28. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Banned Member

I downloaded the demo and played a bit today.

I'm having a very hard time getting over the absolutely shit-tier script and cringe voice acting. So far I've tried the merchant girl and the bow-wielding girl (I can't be bothered to remember names right now!) and the latter especially. Maybe I need to stick with it but good god this reminds me of why I stopped taking JRPG's seriously. I really, REALLY want to love this game but it doth haveth shitish writing tis nary a chanceth I'll taketh to it.

29. Exentryk

Exentryk

There you go.

30. Does any data (in game reward stuff) carry over/spawn from the very 1st demo, or can I delete that without consequence ?

31. vadavada

vadavada

Really enjoying this demo. Music is great, graphics are neat. Characters stories are versatile and interesting not predictable and corny (for now).

32. Dizagaox

Dizagaox

Find it a bit odd that the game outputs in 2.0 audio (and not 5.1). Maybe the main game will unlock surround?

33. Zedark

Zedark

No, you can delete it if you want

34. jb1234

jb1234

Yessssss!

35. Minsc

Minsc

Played just a tiny bit, waiting for the real release, but I really love how this game looks and sounds and pretty much everything about it, can't wait! I'm a ton less picky than many people here so I imagine I'll be just fine even on the duller stories. Also I vastly prefer this style to BD's, once I play it more I'll have a better feel about the combat, but I think I will end up preferring it here as well too.

36. SolVanderlyn

SolVanderlyn

Played through Cyrus and Ophilia's first chapters. Liked them both WAY more than the warrior whose name I forget from the first demo. Cyrus is a more interesting character with a slightly more interesting story so far, but Ophilia is only a tiny smidge behind him in that department, and her beginning town looks AMAZING. Best snow town I've seen in a long time, and this is coming from a big lover of snow towns.

37. Red

Red

Turn the voices off? I didn’t even bother with English voices after hearing the examples in the volume settings. Switched to Japanese and lowered volume to 30%. Enjoying it fine.

38. Swapzism

Swapzism

I picked H'aanit as my starting character. The accent is....interesting.

39. Jack Frost

Jack Frost

Played through Tressa and got to Olberic. This is gonna be something special I really can’t wait.

40. nitoo

nitoo

Is there like diminishing returns or risks (other than the % which seems at 100% on all characters right from the start, at least so far) for a character ability like stealing for exemple ?
    It seems, I dunno, just...there. Like me spamming this on every single character I can makes it artificial and detracts me from enjoying the rest (which is really good).

Do we have any idea if it's gonna stay like that the whole game or if it can get "deeper" or more limited in terms of mechanics ?

41. King Dodongo

King Dodongo

Thanks Razorrin!

42. Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Primrose's story was the most compelling to me from the start, so maybe try her. The voice acting in her questline is also mostly fantastic, but if you're that averse to the other characters' English VO, just turn it off or switch to Japanese.

Alfyn, Ophilia, and Therion were also very charming to me. Their stories aren't complex or original, but they're just a springboard for what's to come, I imagine.

43. Razorrin

Razorrin

Anyone know a good grinding spot for ending the demo?

your time maxes out at 3 hours, but it only prompts a carryover save after an area transition, meaning if you time it right, you can save your game in a dangerous area, and take your time grinding your preferred party until the game releases.

that's really only if you're chomping at the bit to keep playing through the battle system and want to get as much out of the demo as you can, but hey, It's not out for a month, might as well Exhaust the game now, and come back when it's out!

Again, don't make a transition and save the clear save until the game is out or you're Very confident that you're finished until release, because you can't back out!

44. JetSetRadio

JetSetRadio

So should I just play this instead of the first one?

45. LordKano

LordKano

I want to play this so bad but at this point I'm better off just waiting for the full release next month.

46. Razorrin

Razorrin

yeah, Alfyn was my last character tried, and I wasn't very prepared for him to steal my heart! he's just so nice, I love his personality! Therion is also pretty rad and confident, and I seriously dug H'aanit and her master's style of speaking mixed with their hilarious relationship. Cyrus is such a loveable, dramatic dork, too!

Honestly, for me the voice acting is top-notch, and I'm really exited for all the interactions between the different characters as the game goes on!

47. Razorrin

Razorrin

this demo is essentially the beginning of the game, and whatever you do will be able to carry over into the full release, so if you're interested I recommend taking this as a chance to see what characters you like!

the first character you choose is in your party for good, it seems, so even if you start fresh later, it's good to know who you'll wanna keep.

48. Meowmixez

Meowmixez

Have they talked about post launch support?

49. CarthOhNoes

CarthOhNoes

This game is bloody outstanding. That is all.

50. Deleted member 44960

Deleted member 44960
    User requested account closure Member

I have to say I can't remember the last time I played 3 hours of a demo in one day. Everything was top notch about this. I am concerned that the final game will be short and disjointed if there isn't an overarching story. Time will tell I guess!