1. Mendrox

Mendrox

You will love it. Some very cool missions too.

2. VN1X

VN1X

Ok so I got Loyla! Now what? :D

Any guides out there or anything in particular I should focus on (what to feed her)?

3. Rafavert

Rafavert

Someone here passed me this video and I never thanked them. Paying it forward!

4. Razmos

Razmos

All Attacks are Devastating!
    -No item attacks-

I see you game

5. Poppy

Poppy

devastating bow attacks is one of those things that makes you feel like you are exploiting the game even though its on purpose

6. Rafavert

Rafavert

Alright! Got 90 Skulltulas! Como to daddy, Hasty Attacks!

7. Sol

Sol

Just as a heads up, I was able to unlock Evil's Bane and Exorcism by getting all Lv 1/2/3 and 4+ weapons. Looks like you don't need the Lv 4s at all.

8. Cybersai

Cybersai

Explain to me the Termina map. I have 37 hours on the bottom, what does that mean? Is that real-time? Or one hour goes by per map?

I also have a bunch of items and cards in the item shop, do you lose all your item cards when it resets? And do they still stay in the shop for you to re-buy them? I already know about the owl statues.

Lastly, where are Link, Zelda, and Ganon's OOT outfits here? I swear I've done most of the costume maps here and I have Impa/Sheik's OOT outfits but cannot find the other 3.

9. Razmos

Razmos

So after playing every version of this game I've just realised something you can do with Lana's Tome moveset.

If you use her C4 to create the 3 walls, but then DONT send them out, you can use her C4 again to create another 3 walls. If you continue the combo and send the walls forward on their path, it sends EVERY wall moving, including the ones from the previous combo, so you can have them moving in 2 different directions to clear out enemies front and behind or in whatever direction you choose.

You can also use C4 combo on top of the previous walls you created to instantly explode them, doing lots of damage (especially to boss weakpoints)

I always knew there was SOMETHING I was missing with that moveset

10. Rafavert

Rafavert

I usually use C4 to create the 3 walls and, instead of pushing them, jump into them and break them. Has a pretty good range!

11. Poppy

Poppy

i just use lana’s C5 most of the time because its funny

i did find out that toon link’s sword C3 actually has the ability to break weak points reliably instead of his garbage attack string, so thats nice

i dont think i understand the appeal of the sand wand other than to CHOO CHOO

12. Razmos

Razmos

The Sand Wand is pretty boring unless you are fighting giant bosses. The move where you ride the train and shoot out 4 cannonballs is INCREDIBLE for breaking boss weak point gauges, it's absurd

13. Poppy

Poppy

oh nice, i only have done like one map and i noticed that move is pretty great for clearing out keeps and stuff, guess its just a good move overall

14. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

i don't think i've ever purposefully used y.link's full attack string lol

his early combos are all so much better

15. This game is so full of bugs and glitches. It's ridiculous that they don't patch it.
    It vexes me. I'm terribly vexed.

People talking about A-rank quotas 1600 etc.

I thought it was 1000-1500-2000 thresholds.

16. Sol

Sol

Which bugs and glitches are you talking about? afaik the major major one that everyone was sad to see go was the Rupee glitch from the Wii U version.

And KO thresholds were always 1200 to 1600, even back in Wii U.

17. Mendrox

Mendrox

Hearts = 1200
    Costumes and Weapons = 1600

Bugs: Memory overflow - restart the game every two-three hours

18. - Every now and then when you load a level, the graphics are messed up (might only be in split screen mode), you have to restart the game.
    - Sound effects no longer playing
    - We had it happen that one player could not pick up items anymore.
    - Sometimes enemies become invincible.
    etc.

19. Mendrox

Mendrox

Yes that is the memory bug. It starts getting worse in coop so I would suggest to just restart the game every hour in your case. to be honest I only once had this bug with a friend and I've played over 70 hours now. Guess you are unlucky but also shit they dont fix that.

20. Poppy

Poppy

yeah my game crashes every couple days

is the game supposed to randomly swap weapons on enemies or is that also a bug? yesterday i fought a reversed cia and lana with each others weapons as well as lana with zeldas rapier and zelda with lana’s tome

21. JNH

JNH

Yes I guess it's a bug it happens to me too with Lana and Cia. I didn't have this on Wii U iirc.

22. Berordn

Berordn

On some of adventure mode maps (I think starting with Master Quest missions), it's intentional. A callback to the old bug that let you use other character's weapons in certain situations.

23. I've come across a bug recently where Toon Link's weak point smash just... doesn't happen. I emptied the gauge and the camera zooms in but the attack doesn't happen. I'm free to move around as usual though. I was using the sword, btw.

24. Samemind

Samemind

I feel like i've seen this once

25. Poppy

Poppy

gotta work on developing that thumb callus for volga because literally all i do is roll from X->Y ad infinitum

i am like 99% sure if you started a mission and turned off your monitor and did only that motion and randomly moved the control stick, you would beat most missions

NERF THIS DRAGON MAN

26. Sol

Sol

Volga is literally insane. C2 loop destroys most officers, or you can hit them with a point blank C3 for a disgusting amount of damage if they're guarding. He literally has tools for every situation.

27. Phil32

Phil32

Hello, all. Any good tips for Link's Level 3 A-Rank spinner mission in the Master Quest map that has the rule of "Don't get hit"? That's a toughie!

28. Cybersai

Cybersai

I did it, finished the Termina map, I also got Fierce Deity Link.

I'm finally done! I got all the major costumes I wanted, (OOT, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword era costumes, plus Postman and Fierce Deity Link, Zelda's alt Illya, Skull kid for Lana), and a bunch of other costumes, and I have all the characters and at least level 1 weapons with everyone.

I can die now. I'm finished. All that tedious grinding is over. Thank the gods. I feel for those trying to get every Heart Piece and Skulltula and Level 3-4 weapons, I feel like I'd be one foot in the grave if I ever attempted that. But I am done, then grinding is over...I can relax. Dear god.

29. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

don't you dare harm my beautiful son

30. Shengar

Shengar

Hasty Attack is HW equivalent of FEW's Astra?

31. QisTopTier

QisTopTier
    Community Resettler Member

Yup! Aka priority 1 before continuing long term progress

32. Poppy

Poppy

most of the game doesnt seem too concerning that i've felt the need to seek out 90 skultullas yet for that purpose

the only actual maps i can't clear very easily are when i try to get level 4+ weapon using a character with only a level 1 weapon

usually that's just a bit too slow

33. Cybersai

Cybersai

So what is the point of Challenge mode? Only unique thing I see there are the Ganon challenges, but the other challenges just seem like the same stuff in Adventure mode. Is there anything special for completing them?

34. CielTynave

CielTynave

That feel when you think you finish a stage with just barely in time to get an A rank, then another boss appears...

35. Rafavert

Rafavert

Just saw a rather odd thing

Was fighting a poe with twili midna. Had trigger darkness effect . Launched it, and quickly swapped to toon link and kept on attacking... and the darkness effect persisted. I guess the game only checks if the target continues being attacked, rather than checking by which element

36. Jadow

Jadow

So whats the point of the silver cuccos? They drop by, derp for a bit then peace out, killing them gives me nothing

37. I bought both HW and FEW and prefer the former, dumb AI and all. With FEW I often find myself commanding characters and sticking to playing as 1 character only, since my companions are smart enough to deal with the other objectives. With HW I command characters to go to places so I can then take over and do whatever I need to do, command them somewhere else, and then switch to another character, rinse repeat. I find that more fun personally

38. ShinobiBk

ShinobiBk

After nearly 50 hours, I have beaten Legend Mode. I got every Normal Mode Skulltulla but I missed some heart containers. Oh well xD

I started Adventure Mode yesterday and I'm definitely gonna need a guide. I've been A ranking everything but I'm still missing some items and Skulltullas. It's pissing me off

39. Adventure mode skulltulas are all "KIll X amount of enemies while taking less than Y damage". And yes, definitely use a visual guide for where to use itemcards on the map.

40. Razmos

Razmos

The first Skulltula is always get 1000 kills,
    The second one is usually to do the first mission without taking more than 40% damage

41. FF Seraphim

FF Seraphim

Beat all of Ganons with an A and you get to the Chicken Challenges.

42. ShinobiBk

ShinobiBk

The very first square, I completed the first mission without getting touched and still nothing

43. Magnet_Man

Magnet_Man

Is this a second time doing the mission? Because you can't get both tulas in one run.

The fairy and food icons mean there is a fairy or a gold food item in a brown pot in one of the forts. Clothing items are in regular chests you unlock when capturing a fort.

44. Samemind

Samemind

Give a justification for grinding out the strongest possible weapon(s)?

45. goldenpp73

goldenpp73

Anyone know of a specific map square where grinding fairy food is best/easiest? I assume it will be on the Grand Travels map, but who knows?

46. Rafavert

Rafavert

Some skulltulas require you to kill 150 enemies or control X amount of keeps instead. You can check which it is under Warrior Info > Check Skulltulas in the pause menu.

47. Meffer

Meffer

What's the damage threshold for keeping A rank in damage in missions? I know they it made easier now than the original version but I don't know how much.
    I wish missions showed you what requirements you needed for A rank before and during missions instead of only showing the results after you do the mission.

48. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

less than 125% IIRC

this means you can lose your entire health bar in damage and then some before you risk a B rating. this is also why it's important to get more health for characters, since that will make it harder to fail that particular requirement.

49. Rafavert

Rafavert

I know some maps allowed me to go up to 200. Some might be 150.

50. So what would be a good weapon skill set for an "ultimate weapon" kind of thing? I've been working on putting the following on my 5* Lv4+ weapons:

-Heart Power
    -Hasty Attacks
    -Reg. Attack +
    -A VS skill

They vary a bit, like I have Focus Power+ for Young Link instead of HA. I usually put VS Dinosaur cause lizal/dinolfos are a pain, but VS Undead and VS Legend are good too, I think and it really depends on the character's element anyway. The other 4 slots generally have my most used combos and an element skill, though I dunno if I should be putting more 3000 KO skills instead.

I try to keep it to 150%, at most, just to be on the safe side. I think boss missions let you go to 200%, though. I rarely get over 100 anyway, unless Wizzro is involved.