That was last week.

2. Finaika

Finaika

Why so mean?

3. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

This happened:

so whomever does the season 2 OT better make sure to include "Peabody award winning-American Vandal" in it

4. Linkura

Linkura

Well deserved. Show of the year.

5. firehawk12

firehawk12

WHO DREW THE DICKS is a Peabody winning catchphrase.

6. because she's kinda awful person in real life

7. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

If the thread title isn't "Taken got Tooken" I'll be angry.

8. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

Speaking of dicks:
    Hulu Picks Up Middle School Comedy Series ‘PEN15’
    It's (technically) not cancelled yet!

9. whooter

whooter

For instance...?

10. Nightwing123

Nightwing123

Well deserved win American Vandal was a great watch.

11. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky
    Community Resettler Member

Full list of Peabody winners:

per Deadline

12. i couched it in "kinda" because the guy apologized and she has a publicist that supposedly was going to sue for defamation and she just ignored anything afterwards far as i know
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/supergirls-comic-con-controversy

13. firehawk12

firehawk12

I stopped watching this year, but is there still that Supercorp fan thing?

14. torre_avenue

torre_avenue

Some new details on "Mindhunter" Season 2 emerged:

15. Rvaan

Rvaan

Yes. As along as Katie McGrath continues to be able to have chemistry with everything that ship will never die.

16. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

Is Hawaii 5-0 still cheesy?

17. whooter

whooter

I was not aware of this, but I certainly wouldn't make me believe Melissa Benoist is an "awful person" and should be out of a job... Yikes.

18. firehawk12

firehawk12

Haha, didn't they try to give both characters boyfriends though?

It tries to be serious, which just makes it extra fromagey. lol

19. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

I like that the main dude turned out to have super soldiers as parents

20. i can be Tom Petty but it's just stupid to me to be on a station that doesn't get a lot of viewers by default then make fun of a group of your fans to the point of your publicist can't even handle it correctly

the Troian Bellisario effect and the lesser form from Jaime Murray

21. G_Shumi

G_Shumi

CBS has pulled Living Bibically from the schedule, replacing it with TBBT reruns, so I guess that show is cancelled. It was the lowest-rated show on CBS this season. Jay R. Ferguson sure is having a tough time being on sitcoms that have a religious theme, doesn't he?

22. torre_avenue

torre_avenue

Good thing CBS has another Biblical comedy on deck, right?

23. Stalker

Stalker

How are S.W.A.T and Seal Team. GF Loves Criminal Minds/Law and Order/Chicago P.D/Scorpion/CSI and Blacklist. Will S.W.A.T and Seal Team be up her street?

Also really enjoying this season of Lucifier

24. vypek

vypek

I thought Living Biblically would be cancelled. Just not pulled from schedule before it even wrapped up. Thought it would wrap up the season and never come back, much like what I expect from 9JKL

25. Should have renewed The Zoo instead of making this bad show.

26. Zoe

Zoe

Guess Johnny Galecki is stuck with TBBT.

27. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

Amazon Developing ‘Transhuman’ & ‘East Of West’ Genre Series From Comic Book Creator Jonathan Hickman & Skybound

28. firehawk12

firehawk12

SWAT is fine. It's like the most generic cop show ever made, with some episodes about race thrown in because it's topical. It's sad because it's like Shawn Ryan giving up and just going as boring mainstream as possible. Sort of like if David Simon decided to make a generic cop show after realizing no one cares about his HBO pet projects.

Seal Team is dumb fun? I dunno. lol
    I think I like The Brave more, but I guess it's been cancelled so if you want bland military action there's not really much choice. There's also the show on History channel starring Walton Goggins, but that's not that great either.

Is that dead? I only know of it because it has an Asian character. lol

29. firehawk12

firehawk12

Assuming Roseanne will still be on the air since it's super popular right now, he could always just slip back into the David role. They wrote him off in a way that he could always guest star whenever.

30. vypek

vypek

Lol I don't think it has been officially renewed or cancelled yet. It is just waiting on the bubble right now.

31. firehawk12

firehawk12

It's weird how CBS's sitcoms are kind of dead if they're not made by Chuck Lorre. Guess he's tapped into the old white people audience.

32. torre_avenue

torre_avenue

Holy shit.

This is some infinite money type shit.

So, Amazon has officially greenlit:
    - Ringworld
    - Lazarus
    - Galaxy Quest
    - Conan the Barbarian
    - The Romanoffs
    - Carnival Row
    - The Boys
    - Cortes
    - The Lord of The Rings
    - Tong Wars
    - Snow Crash
    - Consider Phlebas

And now "East of West".

All of which require big budgets to do justice.

That is some obscene amounts of money being thrown at "prestige TV."

I fully expect Netflix, Apple, or Amazon to greenlit "Saga" next.

33. kevin1025

kevin1025

It's going to be different seeing Amazon going from the niche market to the massive blockbuster shows. I hope they don't forget their smaller shows along the way.

And Kurtwood Smith tweeted out that he was doing ADR work on the second season of Patriot yesterday, so hopefully that's coming in the next few months!

34. Zoe

Zoe

He's definitely going to keep appearing in some capacity, but I believe Living Biblically was his first EP which I took a sign as him wanting to branch out since he's mentioned in interviews that TBBT is heading towards the end.

35. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

I really liked the first episode of The Alienist, fu guys :(

36. DanGo

DanGo

I have a hard time imagining East of West being done justice in live action on even a hefty TV budget. Brilliant comic however.

It'll be interesting to see which of all these big adaptations actually move forward at Amazon.

37. Pluto

Pluto

Not taking shipping serious is bad now? I ship characters myself but I know it's silly and mostly wishful thinking, seeing things that aren't there and willfully misinterpreting character interactions.

38. berzeli

berzeli
    Member OP

Not all of those have been ordered to series! So it's not certain that they will all make it to screen. "Only" The Romanoffs, The Boys, Tong Wars, LOTR, and Carnival Row are happening as of now (you did leave out Cortes, and Utopia which were also ordered to series and will require hefty budgets)
    Not that I blame you, Amazon has been very hard to keep up with as they try to shed off the stink of Roy Price.
    Has anyone talked shit about the Alienist here? I watched the Verbruggen directed first three episodes and the show is pretty bland outside of the production values and direction which are stellar. Seriously, Verbruggen won't probably even get nominated for an Emmy and he turned in the best work of the year with those three episodes. The writing is bland as hell, Ripper Street tread in the same waters and I liked it more (even if The Alienist looks just so much better).

39. torre_avenue

torre_avenue

Uh, read again buddy, right beneath "The Boys" and above "The Lord of the Rings." Yeah, get checked, friend-o. Also, you forgot "The Boys", so its two strikes for you, paleroo.

But, for real, it's so crazy to see how much money Amazon is willing to throw to replicate GoT. I understand Salke's strategy, but I can't help but feel they're ignoring some of the more auteur dramas & comedies that got them this far. They've been greenlighting a lot of star vehicles ("Homecoming" w/ Julia Roberts, the new Arnie Western, Fred Armisen-Maya Rudolph comedy, and so on) and shows like these, but I haven't been seeing a lot of "Transparent" / "One Mississippi" / "Mozart In The Jungle" type shows, more low-key dramedies that cultivate a smaller but reliable audience. Weirdly, no "This Is Us"-type shows either.

40. ZeroX

ZeroX

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is back this year

41. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

I'm guessing they're hoping one of their bigger shows will lead of more people discovering their smaller shows. I know I very rarely watch any of the Amazon original shows compared to Netflix. I barely even go into the Amazon Prime app (though I did just the other day to watch the new Angry Video Game Nerd since they now have it as a one week exclusive).

42. vypek

vypek

That's true. Off the top of my head I can't think of a comedy of theirs that is safe this season that is not be Lorre.

43. torre_avenue

torre_avenue

But, "Mrs. Maisel", for now, is the only one of its kind i.e. a less flashy dramedy. The highest profile star on the show is Tony Shalhoub. The closest analogue I can see to the kind of show previously mentioned is a new animated show by the guy behind "Bojack Horseman." Most everything else scheduled to debut over the next 2 years is either headlined by a big star, a big-budget drama, or kid's show.

There are shows in the development pipeline that skew closer to the initial set of shows picked up by Amazon, but they're focusing more heavily on big-budget stuff. They're not diversifying their pickups like Netflix, they just want the flashy stuff.

44. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

No one watched those tho.

45. RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Guesses?

46. kevin1025

kevin1025

I'm going with James Spader and Blacklist.

I remember reading a few years he's a massive perfectionist type, and so after so many years maybe the show is finally blowing up.

And to be extra silly and conspiratorial, maybe that's why The Voice had an extra night instead of Blacklist, and it was pushed back a week.

47. vypek

vypek

Same thought. I can't say I know much about him or read much about him but if someone told me he was heard to work with or a jerk on set I wouldn't be surprised at all. And it feels like Blacklist might have been something actually considered pretty safe.

48. torre_avenue

torre_avenue

I'd say Lethal Weapon, only because Damon Wayans was such a big star, I could imagine he'd attribute most of the season's success on his presence.

49. vypek

vypek

How did Prison Break perform? Was that a safe bet? I know the leads on that show went on to have success in other places and maybe that would have an effect on the show. But I'm still leaning heavily towards Spader on Blacklist

50. Pixieking

Pixieking

I didn't think The Blacklist was getting good enough ratings to be considering a "safe bet".