1. Xagarath

Xagarath

Pre-ordered. Thanks!

2. PtM

PtM

So, does the Smash Pikachu work just like the big one for the detective game?

3. Nope, only the Detective Pikachu amiibo is compatibile with the game.

https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/detective-pikachu-3ds

4. PtM

PtM

Cheap.

5. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
    Crisis Dino - Snake is in Smash Moderator

It was a fun ride. However it is now another communities turn to be in the spotlight.
    Keep up the good work and pray for me that the Dark Souls Amiibo gets a restock.

6. Polyh3dron

Polyh3dron

Oh my god, the Detective Pikachu Amiibo is HUGE.

7. Koren

Koren

EU? If so, Babdai restock it from time to time and it keeps popping on Amazon de/it for some short time... Try an alert...

8. ShyMel

ShyMel

Yes, when mine arrived on Sunday, I truly did not know how big it was until I opened the box.

9. Martin

Martin

10. Bane

Bane

I don't follow the amiibo scene super closely, just enough to see new announcements, and I'm pretty surprised by the lack of announced amiibo so far this year. Has there been any rumors about what's going on?

Like, why not Dixie, Funky, and Cranky Kongs for the TF port? Or maybe a Captain Toad and Toadette two pack for that port? I can't help but feel Amiibo is winding down.

11. HackTheSlash

HackTheSlash

Jeez...im not into the amiibo scene at all, so i haven't been keeping up with it. But i was interested in a couple so i decided to take a look around this morning. The prices of these are insane now. I was really hoping to pick up a female Corrin, and most places want like $200 Canadian.

I guess you gotta be really on top of these when they come out and don't hesitate. :(

12. chaf

chaf

Asking here as well.. apologies for it being slightly off topic.

13. silkysmooth

silkysmooth

So how about some Breath of the Wild amiibo restocks in North America

14. Ashler

Ashler

Anyone know about Bayonetta P2 restocks? I still need that one.

15. Yarbskoo

Yarbskoo

How about some restocks of those retail exclusive Links?

16. Ashler

Ashler

17. Salarians

Salarians

saw big boy pikachu at toys r us, if anyone wants one maybe check there and get that 10% off

18. fierrotlepou

fierrotlepou

19. WHY did I wait so long on the Bayonetta amiibo? I knew I wanted them and now I can’t find them for a reasonable price anywhere.

20. Bane

Bane

Man, it's such a bummer how boring Amiibo have become. Hopefully there's a lot of announcements for the latter half of the year at E3.

21. Josephl64

Josephl64

I just keep them on the shelf to look at like regular figures. Some of these characters would never get figures otherwise.

It'd be neat if there was more of a purpose to them, like their own game series, but until that happens...that's what they are to me, just lower end figures.

22. lol, AC amiibo are down to $2.68 at my Target.

23. Time to pad out those collections! The 30th Anniversary Link is similarly priced as well, but much harder to come by.

24. Jom

Jom

2 days until the Totakumiibo release!

25. BBboy20

BBboy20

26. I believe it. Best Buy's stock seems to be fluctuating.

27. Curler

Curler

I keep forgetting about these! I kinda want the Sonic one, but how do they look? Anyone pick any up/pics?

28. Diggeh

Diggeh
    Member OP

29. Zonic

Zonic

Saw a Detective Pikachu amiibo at Target behind a glass case. DAMN that thing is huge. But $30 still feels a bit expensive.

30. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

31. honestrade

honestrade

Went to my local Toys R Us and they had a bunch of Paulenta amiibos on clearance at $2.95 plus an additional 10% off. Bought a couple of them.

32. Same here. They must have gotten more in since they had sold out of their previous stock of Palutena last time I was there.

33. Diggeh

Diggeh
    Member OP

Wow, the amiibo too...no biggie, I can wait.

34. Salarians

Salarians

[​IMG]

35. silverhick

silverhick

Picked up the Super Mario Series Wave 2 on the aftermarket since I passed on picking them up originally. Ended up paying $20+ for most of them. The Lesson here? As Diggeh says always buy them all. Ask questions later.

36. TheGrue

TheGrue

I can't. :(

37. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Unless their Animal Crossing Amiibo, wait until they drop to $2 to buy them.

38. mrmoose

mrmoose

Yeah, while I love AC I wish I waited. I remember going out of my way to grab Lottie, because she was a Target exclusive. They must have shifted all the production factories over to her or something, she's everywhere, there's going to be a landfill full of her next to the old ET Cartridge landfill soon.

39. Jom

Jom

Wow. Gamestop better start giving me interest on that $15 dollars I gave them to preorder!

40. mrmoose

mrmoose

Just count your blessings if you actually get a figure held for you when it does eventually come out...

41. Bane

Bane

Man, hearing that Target and Best buy took down their Amiibo sections is a bummer. I'm getting a bit nervous that this is the last year for the line. I guess we'll know more come E3.

42. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

I bet we'll at least Amiibos of the new Smash characters.

43. Human

Human

Guardian Amiibo is probably impossible to get for a decent price now I'm guessing?

44. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Man, amiibo is pretty dead right now. I hope it's just temporary and they plan on pushing it again later in the year.

It might end up being brilliant if they're purposefully giving it a break before a big relaunch alongside Smash.

45. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

At the very least I imagine we'll see new Amiibos for all the new Smash characters.
    I can't see them doing new Amiibo's for all Smash characters (maybe reprints of the existing Amiibo though).

46. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

If it's a remix of Smash 4, I agree. If it's a new game, honestly, I think they will do each character again.

Really, I don't see any reason why Nintendo would stop producing amiibo for quite a while. It's easy money as long as they don't oversaturate the market like they did with Animal Crossing. Do specific amiibo for new games like they've done for Metroid, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, etc.

47. Diggeh

Diggeh
    Member OP

Always a calm before the storm!

Always...

48. Zonic

Zonic

They gotta announce more at E3, right?

I would actually totally buy amiibo that were just the systems themselves. A NES, SNES, N64, etc. amiibo.............Virtual Boy amiibo, guys.

I had to remember what games after Odyssey even had Amiibo support. Hell, I don't think Switch games even have the amiibo logo on the front anymore. I just remembered Kirby Star Allies had it, but it really didn't unlock anything. Mario Tennis Aces doesn't seem to have it, which would've made sense considering most of the cast has an amiibo.

49. i-Jest

i-Jest

Like Mii's, Nintendo could very well be moving away from the Amiibo brand. Time will tell how definitive that is though. However relaunching with Smash and fueling the fire with Splatoon, and maybe even Pokemon, wouldn't surprise me either. We'll see what this new guy has planned.