1. dex3108

dex3108
    Member OP

2. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

Oh cool, finally a version not hosted on IGN's channel with a shit bitrate and like 720p. I wonder what took them so long to upload this?

Edit: Never mind, this might just be a different video altogether.

3. SweetNicole

SweetNicole
    Community Manager Administrator

Thanks for the heads up! Watching now.

4. MadLaughter

MadLaughter

The people who played this at Waypoint and Giant Bomb all seemed to really like what they played, so it's rad that more people get to see it.

5. Sou Da

Sou Da

Why are there so many Australians at EA?

6. Phamit

Phamit

BioWare posted the full Demo today

Edit: dex3108 was faster

7. Mr.F

Mr.F

I appreciate the sentiment of having some of the creative team on stage for that 'interview' but it's strange to me that they couldn't have a portion of this demo at EA's conference. Would have answered a lot of questions.

8. HeyImNewHere

HeyImNewHere

Nah, you need a bunch of jetpacking meaninglessly around the environment while the team talks about menial shit.

People don't like to see gameplay at E3.

9. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

That boss fight was pretty cool. Seems like the game's actually got a proper tank, unlike Destiny.

10. Heckler456

Heckler456

Looks great.

11. Charpunk

Charpunk

This would have been a way better thing to show during their conference than what was shown.

12. Hate

Hate

Can we turn off damage numbers or make the font smaller?

13. MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Mark Darrah on twitter says they're looking into it/working on it. Seems like this is the question he gets asked the most.

14. Possumowner

Possumowner

The more I see the more I like

15. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

It answered one question for me, loadouts will effect the appearance of your suit. Which I wanted

16. Sou Da

Sou Da

Right next to tit sliders for some reason.

17. No42.05W70.2

No42.05W70.2

Like, oh mi gawd you guys, we have to get those relics from the anthem of creation to silence the zephyr spirit from his disruptive vibrations!! melt down the onyx sphere immediately with your shards of nephelium!!!

18. Hero Prinny

Hero Prinny

looks pretty good, I want to try the beta though.

19. Vire

Vire

Still does nothing for me... I don't know what it is, but the art style looks bland and the gameplay looks a lot more lumbering than I was expecting but maybe that is due to the class chosen.

I want to like this game more, I really do because Mass Effect is a top five franchise for me.

20. RoboPlato

RoboPlato

Demo is pretty cool. Boss fights look way more engaging than other games like it.

21. Conkerkid11

Conkerkid11

Yeah, I wanna see gameplay from the perspective of that warlock looking dude.

22. The moment to moment gameplay looks fine, but I hate that devs have decided they can make their bullet sponge enemies (who have to be bullet sponges to allow for 4 player co-op) satisfying to fight by having numbers vomit out at you.

That's just bad, guys.

23. Socivol

Socivol

They should have shown this at E3 to the public. It looks so much better than what they showed.

24. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

... what?

25. Milennia

Milennia
    Community Resetter Member

This seems to be a good, truthful showing of the game, looks way better to me

26. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Yeah this looks fun. I love the Storm class's space magic powers.

27. Sou Da

Sou Da

Surprised they left in all the loading tbh.

28. Keasar

Keasar

Hm, cautious but curious.

Still not a fan of the giant numbers and "COMBO!" that pops up and blocks the screen, bonus if those can be set to be more transparent/changed in size.

29. Tattarus

Tattarus

Oh man, can’t wait for this game!

30. Arih

Arih

I actually like seeing those numbers pop up lol. And when i improve my gear, i like to see them go higher and higher. It keeps me motivated to keep grinding for gear sometimes.

But i'm weird so what do i know.

Edit: i like seeing them but not when they occupy half the screen, just felt like i needed to leave that note

31. dex3108

dex3108
    Member OP

Game looks beautiful and boss fight at the end is cool but they are not bringing anything new to the table. I am sure that it will be fun with the friends.

32. motherless

motherless

That looks good minus the large text numbers for hit damage.

33. digitalrelic

digitalrelic

I just can't get into this. Maybe I'm just done with GaaS as a concept. I dunno. Just looks like a variation on more of the same.

34. butman

butman

Can you play solo? Please say yes.

35. Trace

Trace

Why didn't they show this at EA Play? Looks way better than the stripped down version they showed.

36. Sou Da

Sou Da

"gamercard"

[​IMG]

So this was actually on XBX1X

37. Nirolak

Nirolak

Yeah, the pitch actually seems to be a lot like SWTOR, insomuch that SWTOR was "WoW + BioWare KotOR era storytelling", whereas this is "Destiny/The Division, but with BioWare Mass Effect era storytelling in the town (the Citadel equivalent) and the Strider (the Normandy equivalent)".

Mind, they seem to be doing a better job actually making the gameplay look comparable to and/or better than the competition than they did with SWTOR attempting to match WoW, and the production values on the storyline actually look notably higher than their other games.

Of course, the real test there is in all the little details, which are the hardest things to get right.

38. Saint-14

Saint-14

This was a much better showing than the E3 one, I wonder if there is a healing/support class, I like MMOs with holy trinity.

39. You technically can.

But all the enemies are bullet sponges and you will be in for a pretty bad time of shooting enemies forever.

The enemies are designed for 3-4 players to be fighting at once.

There's no AI partners available either as they couldn't figure out how to get the AI to fly well.

40. Phamit

Phamit

Yes, but there is Stuff you have to play with others.

41. MELLO

MELLO

So is this game a pure open world? Like you can get from the base to there to somewhere else without a "spaceship" or loading?

42. Print_Dog

Print_Dog

Those damage numbers are huge, and I pray they can be turned on/off or at least a font change. They block the action. With that said, I think this game looks really good. I'm gonna put in so much time into this!

43. Sou Da

Sou Da

44. Milennia

Milennia
    Community Resetter Member

I think it was a good call to showcase the matchmaking form the get go, this should have been at E3 somewhere

45. Nirolak

Nirolak

Yes, except the four player dungeons, though those are not required for the story.

46. rashbeep

rashbeep

wow some good 4k footage finally

47. TheRulingRing

TheRulingRing

That's what it is, and that's what it needed to be.

48. I think the solo in this game will probably be like the solo for Metroid Federation Force.

In that the game isn't remotely built for solo play and you are in a rough time.

49. kikiribu

kikiribu

Looks so boring.

50. Phabh

Phabh

Looks like Destiny. I didn't see any new ideas or concepts except flying and swimming underwater I guess. Those huge numbers are distracting and kill the immersion.