1. SG-17

SG-17
    Community Resettler Member

The special orders don't expire right? I haven't had time to even finished the Sten one.

2. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

As long as you accept it, you can take all year to finish it, if you so desire.

3. Just had a hardcore TDM game where I went 27-2. Probably my best so far. That was fun. Winter Carentan, btw.

My solution until we get new maps is to play HC and take it slow. I've seen a noticeable improvement in my performance.

18-3 Aachen. This FG42 is incredible.

4. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

The servers on the XBOX One are fucked beyond belief. Truly a sad state of affairs. Like I said, every other week there is a new server issue.

5. Bumhead

Bumhead

Have to go against the grain of the last page or so.. I'm really enjoying this game. Like, a lot.

It could be the setting and time period, which I'm a total sucker for. Or it could be that I've stopped buying COD annually - this being the only one I've played much of this gen other than Advanced Warfare - so maybe I've become casual enough to bypass some of the flaws. But I'm having a great time with both the campaign and the multiplayer.

I agree with those who say the campaign is very by the books and cliche, but I've found all the missions I've played so far pretty fun and I'm engaged enough with the story they're telling, even if we've seen a lot of it before. It looks absolutely spectacular and some weird bombast aside (such as the laughable train bit and the underwhelming D-Day landing) I think the atmosphere and tone is pretty good. For what it is this is easily one of the more enjoyable COD campaigns to me.

6. ThisIsAlan

ThisIsAlan

I was disappointed by the lack of licensed period music in the game, so I put together a playlist of tracks that I play in the background.

If you want to do the same, these albums are a good starting point:
    Various Artists / World War II Radio Hits
    Glenn Miller / Greatest Hits of World War II

You're also going to want Andrews Sisters / Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy

Side note: AirServer on Xbox One is a godsend — it'll let you stream whatever music you want in the background via AirPlay/Chromecast. I use it with Play Music and it works great.

7. ThisIsAlan

ThisIsAlan

I agree! I definitely see the issues with the multiplayer maps, but outside of that I think they got a lot of stuff right. Nailing the setting/time period goes a long way. The campaign impressed me too — in particular, Liberation was a nice change of pace from the usual shoot-stuff-and-move-on format.

8. Dubz

Dubz

I just discovered the Bren on long maps like Gustav and USS Texas, and it's unfucking stoppable. I'm not that great, but when I use the Bren on these maps I go like 30-6.

9. Paquete_PT

Paquete_PT

They did a really great job with the Winter Siege.
    HQ has a nice little christmas party theme going on.
    There are lots of challenges to do that let you win a winter drop, and they aren't that hard. Keeps me going for them. With all the talk about loot boxes, I like the system in this game. I don't spend a single dime and can still get rewards frequently. I'm never frustrated by their presence.
    Winter Carentan is great!

10. Agreed all around. Plus the challenges and contracts help a lot of the more quickly abandoned playlists stay populated. I really like that.

11. Kevers

Kevers

Played 5-6 matches on Winter Carentan and I really don't like it.

12. v_iHuGi

v_iHuGi

Closing on 10M people on Ps4 leaderboards I say damn!

Black Ops 2 reached 10M on 360 and Ps3 around January 10th 2013.

13. KunaiDrilla

KunaiDrilla

Just quoting this post to say how great it is.

14. Full Recovery

Full Recovery

The contract for getting 75 kills in Dom in less than 30 minutes is glitched for me. I get to 74/75 and it stops counting, at the end of the match the contract expires. Done it twice.

15. angel

angel

Tried again with carentan, there is no doubt in my mind that its a very poor map, especially compared to things like Fringe or Infection from BO3. They seem to have used 2 templates, small and 3 lanes, or random ass clusterfuck with no flow. Nothing inbetween.

Oh and the gun raising is still so slow. So you add the gunslinger basic to let you shoot and run, but it doesnt speed up your normal walking into shooting speed. Theres just no freedom in these classes. You make a melee class with serrated but you cant run anywhere because you need the increase run stamina basic too. Its a mess.

16. angel

angel

Im 20/35 for this ice pick, and theyve already put another gun one for 50 online games, its weird. I think you can work on your challenge as long as you like, it'll never dissapear (unless you bin it).

17. impact

impact

Melee class in a FPS lol

Learn to aim.

18. angel

angel

Well the melee weapons are always in COD and always have challenges, so please try and stop trolling.

19. Hecht

Hecht
    Even the good stars can fall from grace and falter Administrator

Come on, now.

20. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Now I'm not even getting error messages when I get kicked from a game due to server issues. Crazy.

21. DeadOnions

DeadOnions

Carentan doesn't work here but was a brilliant map for COD2. Headquarters and CTF were great there. SHG seem to be getting alot of flak for the design but it had nothing to do with them but they shouldn't have brought it back either.

22. impact

impact

The melee stuff has no place in FPS. Please tell me you didn't use Lightweight Marathon Commando.

23. Hecht

Hecht
    Even the good stars can fall from grace and falter Administrator

More the "learn to aim" part. No need to be condescending.

24. The Futurist

The Futurist

gtfo out of here with that shit.

25. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Remember the Javelin glitch? That was a blast.

26. vatstep

vatstep

Jeez, I had my character wearing a "special helmet" (the campaign one) since I first started playing and had no idea there was a way to restore the uniform helmet. I didn't even know the uniforms had unique helmets...

27. KunaiDrilla

KunaiDrilla

You bugging fam.

28. vatstep

vatstep

Just got my first Super Kill medal. I love carpet bombing.

29. Najaf

Najaf

This game is really unpolished.
    • Daily challenges are inconsistent and often broken.
    • Connections are unstable
    • About half the games I join lock me in spectator mode. Sometime permanently, sometimes for a minute, and sometimes for 15 seconds.
    • The HQ is a joke that now needs to pull you out of lobbies to get new challenges.
    • Limited and generic dossier challenges/prestige challenges.
    • Characters reset to the default male character seemingly randomly.
    • Loot crates have nothing interesting in them. (hello pistol grips, 5 min bonus xp, 'emotes') yawn...
    • I personally need to reset the game every time I boot up (xbox) as it wont connect to any matches until I do after the console has been asleep.
    • Their thought experiment with everyone watching loot crates has failed a month after release. Nobody watches them anymore and is only in HQ to go get the mail or get new challenges. All things which would be better in a simple menu.

I won't even get started on design issues. What a mess.

30. thebigcountry

thebigcountry

In WW2, melee weapons do have a place! They're more effective than the shotguns.

31. Kevers

Kevers

I'm sure glad they put like 100 new emblems in the game and then make them seemingly the only thing to come out of a winter chest

32. angel

angel

I think I've had about 4 decent uniforms and 3 weapon skins from my chests (opened about 50, 60 odd left). Earned my ice pick, next up is trench knife...who cares about a trench knife? I havent equipped one of these pointless pistol grips in my life, im not even sure if they fit on the machine pistol...the only one worth using. Even this early im getting 1 or 2 dupes per crate opening, even with all the junk theyre filled with...even getting dupe "epic" uniforms. How hard is it to code a lootbox to re-roll your dupes and give another of the same value? Too hard apparently.

33. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

I dunno. I think this is the best supply drop system in the series since they were introduced in Advanced Warfare.

34. a916

a916

Oh my god, that Winter map is so damn terrible... it's a clusterfuck of a design with no flow...

35. Full Recovery

Full Recovery

I’ve earned about 20 winter supply drops and the only weapon I recieved so far is the heroic ice pick. :/ so many grips and xp.

36. angel

angel

I got a heroic Lee Enfield in green (its awful), a cusstom m1903, a duck soup PPSH and a few others, but all my play time is using crap weapons anyway because I dont want to waste the +25% weapon XP..
    so im never using my favourite stuff. Saying that, I had a great time on it last night with the 4x optic on ARs, finally winning some long range fights. Them changing the weapon challenge to every single day is ridiculous though, 35 games in one day, dont they think we have lives?

37. 17 Seconds

17 Seconds

i love how you get 2 losses if you get disconnected in the first round of war

38. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Again, you don't need to play 35 games or even 50 games in a day. Just accept the challenge and roll with it until you hit 50 games. That could be in two days, two weeks, a month, two years, etc.

39. poklane

poklane

Apparently there's a contract which requires you to play 25 games in 8 hours of playtime, which is just over 19 minutes a game so fairly easy doable as long as you don't quit games a lot. As a reward you get a Winter Bribe, which is a Supply Drop which gives 3 winter items and no duplicates.

40. I literally cannot play core. I have a great, wired connection, but I'm losing 8/10 gunfights. I don't have that issue in HC, and routinely go 25-5, 28-3, etc. I don't understand it. Just wish we had HC Kill Confirmed :/

41. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck

One round of ranked play and I want to smash my controller into the floor.

Fuck this lag compensation

42. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck

Is flinch completely broken?

I seem to flinch like fucking crazy when getting shot yet enemies i shoot (who aren’t using primed) suffer zero flinch.

43. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck

Has everyone binned this off or something?

Thread is dead.

These connections I can see why. Game is fucking really pissing me off.

44. SharpX68K

SharpX68K

Multiplayer is complete broken for me, so back to the campaign.

p.s. I enjoyed the cutscenes a lot more at 60fps, why were they capped at 30fps?

45. Jamaro

Jamaro

Those of us on Xbox literally cannot play. We get disconnected from the majority of games. As for everyone else... I guess there's a fair number of complaints to be had. I see you're having hit detection/lag comp/connection/whatever you want to call it issues, which has been an issue for many others too, and that's another big factor keeping them from enjoying it. Thankfully with the limited amount I have been able to play between disconnects the lag comp seems to have straightened itself out somewhat (on Xbox). I'm sure once they solve the disconnect issues the lag comp issues will resume though.

46. angel

angel

Im still playing. Got some great sniping done tonight for the head shot challenge, the lookout perk is amazing. Ditched the trench knife challenge and now doing 50 matches for some gun with a name I dont remember, no idea what it is.

47. KunaiDrilla

KunaiDrilla

Fuck this game, fuck it all to hell. I'm going to beat the SP and uninstall this POS of game. I'm done. The higher I prestige the harder it is on getting matches now. I'm a 5th prestige(lvl16) and within an hour I was only able to connect to 4 matches and all those matches where on fucking Gustavv Cannon. And right after that, Texas. Not only that, half the lobby gone on both sides. So I said "Fuck it!" let me go to WAR and chill. What happen? My team was all fucking knifing going for camo's and shit. Fuck this I'm going to play R6. Bought it a few weeks ago so I guess is time.

48. angel

angel

Im not having any of that, I had 2 disconnects over the last 2 weeks, working fine for me..ive not even opened my NAT, sitting on moderate.

49. KunaiDrilla

KunaiDrilla

It has been getting worst for me as I further prestige. Not only me, but also with the friends I play with.

50. thebigcountry

thebigcountry

I'm burning out after 50-55 hours played. Connections and matchmaking in general still don't feel consistent. What's really getting me is the lack of content: 10 maps with 4 of them making up 5 of the worst maps in the last 3 CoDs. War is enjoyable, but having only 3 maps is starting to feel stale after 25 hours of playtime in that mode.

My CoD friends would keep me interested, but they're moving back to IW. I guess I should start learning Fortnite BR?