1. P-MAC

P-MAC

Congrats, everyone with a Switch should get Splatoon 2. The gameplay is so pure and fluid and it feels timeless in the sense I could stop playing for 2 months then jump back in and have a blast any time. It’s the perfect palette cleanser/change of pace after Zelda and Mario too.

2. BFIB

BFIB

9 games bought this year for the Switch. I had 9 games total for the Wii U.

3. m43lstr0m

m43lstr0m

I said that because the Switch genuinely helps me get by, when otherwise I've been depressed as shit all year because of him. That's it. Sorry to offend.

4. PedroPanache

PedroPanache

Aye. It sucks the big one. Just wanted a tiny wee vent, so I can move on. My philosophy of coping has been that there's millions of those little Switches out there, but I'd rather lose a Switch than one of my cats (which nearly happened earlier this year), so it's something that can be replaced. Will save up for a new one next year. I just can't let it eat away at it, so I'll try my best for it not too. Make sure your Switch is secured on your travels, people. Don't get careless like I did.

5. Blue

Blue

Looks like the Mario Odyssey bundle is gone everywhere. :(

6. srtrestre

srtrestre

Slightly unrelated, but I noticed Odyssey is currently sold out on Amazon. It's my favorite 3D Mario since 64, so that makes me as happy as can be since I want another game in the same style.

7. Creamium

Creamium

Well that's terrible, even moreso because it had all your games as well. Is your cc info stored on it, did you have eshop credit left? I wonder if it's possible to contact Nintendo and let them disable purchasing from your main account. Other people may know more about this.

8. New Fang

New Fang

I wouldn’t be worried. Had my Switch since launch and don’t have a scratch. Just be carful when docking your Switch. You could also feel around inside your dock now to just be sure there are no sharp edges. I guess it’s possible that could be a defect from the factory.

9. Jonneh

Jonneh
    GameXplain Moderator

To build off Creamium's post, login to accounts.nintendo.com and change your password. They won't be able to access your eShop account unless they enter the new password.

10. holygeesus

holygeesus

Yeah a swift rub and the marks came off but it was a tad worrying. As to online features - do you have to activate your account or anything? I don't have any games featuring online play yet.

11. jariw

jariw

You need to connect your user to a Nintendo ID, but if you can access the eShop, you should have everything required for online play.

12. Blue

Blue

my last switch got scratched from the dock. buy a glass screen protector asap .

13. RedShift

RedShift

Sort of. They're shown in the order you last played them.

14. Linkhero1

Linkhero1

Is there anything else useful other than the map? Is the OST good?

15. meppi64

meppi64
    Self-Requested Ban Member

Any news on Hamster doing some more Arcade Archive releases besides NeoGeo ones?

The reason I ask is because I just noticed that Elevator Action went up on PS4, which I purchased immediately as I have done for every single system in the past 30 years now.
    And I'd love to see one of my favourite games ever on one of my favourite systems ever.

Speaking of which, where the hell is my Xevious game, Namco?!

16. J-Skee

J-Skee

I find it super interesting that Hulu is using the TV version of the app for the Switch (same as say the PS4 or smart TV). It completely makes sense, but being that the Switch is portable, I was expecting the mobile version of Hulu.

Also, I'm extremely afraid to dock my Switch. Too many stories about it getting scratched. What's the absolute best screen protector that doesn't lower visibility of the screen?

Sidenote: OLED Switch when, Nintendo?

17. PedroPanache

PedroPanache

First thing I did when I got in was to change the password. Thankfully, there's no credit card info. I bought one £25 eShop voucher and got Stardew Valley and Golf Story. Thinking back, I did use a credit card for Zelda DLC, but I didn't save the information. I had three games in the case; Zelda, Mario Kart and Odyssey.

My hope is that when I do eventually get another Switch is that I'll be able to access the stuff I've downloaded. I don't know. I need to read up more on it.

18. teflontactics

teflontactics

You will, you'll just need to login and link your account - then re-download. Your saves are toast though, my friend. :(

19. Blakhavoc

Blakhavoc

As someone that hasn’t owned a Nintendo console since the GameCube, the Switch is a delight and arguably my favorite console right now. I know for a fact I prefer having a portable device that I can play my games on cause my drive to play games is greater on the Switch than any of my other consoles. My only gripe is that a lot of big AAA games aren’t available on it, if they were without a doubt it’d be my #1 console.

20. PedroPanache

PedroPanache

Ha. Yeah, one of the first things that ran through my head was "fuck, my Zelda save". I've been so into that game these past two weeks. It's my only save, but it was precious. All those korok seeds, temples and my Ralph's gale (or whatever his name was) are all gone.

So, yeah, my review of my two weeks with the Switch is as follows. Zelda was amazing, the Switch is a lovely piece of kit. So much more fully realised than the Wii. Would buy again. (Jokes are all I have to fall on at the moment).

21. Ruffstuff

Ruffstuff

my favourite console! when I have the courage I'm gonna change joy-con shells

22. tzare

tzare

Have been playing for two hours and you are right.
    The left stick should be placed lower, just like the right one.
    Also a proper d pad is needed.
    Hands are a bit too separated for my taste, obviously the bigger screen is the reason why, but smaller bezels would have helped. Sometimes i feel i am going to break the thing when playing.
    Also battery life is... Well below original 3ds levels so far, playing MK8.
    Not a huge issue for me since i will be playing mainly at home but, should be better.
    That said having proper triggers is godsend, one of the few things vita did wrong, btw. Wish at least two of them were analog though, for racing games

Mk8 looks stunning, crisp and clear.
    Odyssey... Well just played for half an hour and looks okay but not great. Let's see what further levels offer though.

I know arms can be played split screen, does Splatoon support that too? My daughter has seen the ads and asks for it but she is just 6 and won't be playing online.
    So far mildly pleased (hardware wise, i love MK) but i think the system should be cheaper, 250 at most.

I hope games like Iga's Castlevania clone are on par with ps4 versions so i can get them on switch instead of ps4.

23. OrbitalBeard

OrbitalBeard

Yes. They're releasing arcade titles from Nintendo, Irem, and apparently Technos Japan (Double Dragon is coming in late December).

I expect the full Arcade Archives line to appear throughout 2018.

24. I was walking from one room to another with my switch and dropped it from about waist height. The left controller came apart at the slide bar, but I was able to pop it back in. Still feels pretty solid, and seems to play fine, but my god, what a scare.

25. wesman

wesman

Oops, yeah I was meaning the gel guards. I was surprised with how the extra bulge helped the overall feel of the system.

26. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

Slightly worried. When I have my Switch in docked mode and I'm using my Joycons with the grip, I get this issue in games where the character will continue moving even after I take my thumb off of the right stick. It seems to happen with both pairs of Joycon, even after I recalibrated. It's more pronounced in Super Mario Odyssey, but started happening in Skyrim too. Really not sure what the issue is.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't happen when I use my Switch in handheld mode. Anyone else had similar problems?

27. nampad

nampad

The Vita triggers are too mushy but the Switch triggers don't have enough travel, they activate way to easily. Got several accidental pushes so far.

28. meppi64

meppi64

Oh thanks!
    I knew about the Nintendo arcade releases and Irem ones as well, but hadn't heard Double Dragon was coming as well.
    Hopefully Taito and Konami will be added to the list as well.

29. Benedict

Benedict

Any suggestions for pro controller alternatives?
    How is the Hori Nintendo Switch controller (wired)? How long is the cable (in meters)?

30. Linkhero1

Linkhero1

Yeah, I bought more games than I thought I would this year.

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Snipperclips
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Splatoon 2
    Mario + Rabbids
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Rocket League
    Steamworld Dig 2
    Rayman Legends
    Sine Mora EX

31. jariw

jariw

Splatoon 2 doesn't support split screen. I have heard of lots of young kids that plays Splatoon turf war online. Turf war a pretty flexible mode, since you can make a difference to the team just by painting the ground in your own way. Just stay out of the ranked modes.

32. skullwaker

skullwaker

I bought way more games this year than I intended to as well:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    Super Bomberman R
    Snipperclips
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    Disgaea 5 Complete
    ARMS
    Splatoon 2
    Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
    Sonic Mania
    Dragonball Xenoverse 2
    Stardew Valley
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Super Mario Odyssey
    DOOM
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Pre-Ordered)

16 games on one system in only 10 months is way more than I would normally get.

33. holygeesus

holygeesus

Bit of an odd one - is anyone else having an issue with sound just stopping when playing in docked mode? If I switch my TV input to another source, then back again, it returns, but it is annoying me. I only have Mario Odyssey at the moment, so I'm not sure if it is the game or the system playing up.

34. SiG

SiG

I got the Multiverse Edition. No regrets with decision considering how great the game is in the first place. Well worth the money.

Also I finished it. Not 100% (and definitely not under the 4 hour mark). That ending...This game will haunt me with its questions.
    This post contains hidden text. Quote to reveal it.

Don't really care about Achievements. (IMO Achievement prompts are annoying)

35. Dekuman

Dekuman

I've noticed this with Skyrim, LANoire so far. Playing with Pro controller, when I undock, the games don't switch to joycon controls since the pro is still linked to the unit.

Is this an oversight or am I doing something wrong? I don't remember having this issue with Mario or Zelda.

36. jariw

jariw

There are millions of Mario Odyssey players, so I guess such a huge issue would be well known by now, if it was the game.

I'd say it's a design choice. If you undock, you might want to play it tabletop with the Pro Controller, after all? (To change controller input while playing the game, press the home menu and reassign controllers.)

37. Anubis

Anubis
    Member OP

Do we not have a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe OT?

38. I have read that the D-pad is crap I have heard good thing about the PowerA one.

39. Dekuman

Dekuman

Good point. Yeah, I do the re-assign controller thing. Thanks !

40. Linkhero1

Linkhero1

I ended up picking up the regular edition. I watched an unboxing of the multiverse edition and wasn't really interested in the extras. If it had a metal tin case, I may have bit.

41. HomespunFur

HomespunFur

No there isn't one, which is kinda weird I would have thought someone would have made one

42. At least one Taito game is confirmed, Front Line is coming
    http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/167303113889

Double Dragon comes on Dec 28th
    Vs. Super Mario Bros. on December 22th

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/search/hamster

43. art_vandelay

art_vandelay

Yeah, it's crazy. I've got 11 Switch games on my shelf right now, plus a couple digital and will be picking up physical copies of Xenoblade and The End Is Nigh in December. I enjoyed my Wii U, but when I sold it off around the release of the Switch, I had like 10 games.

44. meppi64

meppi64

Hehe.
    I've got 18 physical games already here with 3 more on the way this week. Rabbits, Xenoblade and Gunvolt. And probably Stern Pinball Arcade as well.
    And 84 icons on my home screen as well. This system is really going crazy from the start. :)

Oh that's fantastic!

I forgot I already bought Mario Bros. (Europe! :D)
    Really hope we get Elevator Action soon!
    Been playing that ever since it came out in the arcade back in the day as I grew up in a small pub as a kid, which got a new arcade board and pinball cabinet in every couple of months. :)
    Really hoping Stern Pinball Arcade turns out great on Switch and I'm hoping we'll see the regular Arcade Pinball one day as well. Although that would turn out pretty expensive for me as I bought nearly all the tables on PS4, Vita and iOS already.

45. New Fang

New Fang

I’ve been feeling the itch to buy another Switch game. Been having a really hard time making up my mind though. Here are the ones I’m considering.

Sonic Mania - I’ve not traditionally been a huge Sonic game fan, but this one looks so fun, and the music sounds stellar.

Rocket League - I’ve played a fair amount of this game on PS4. I like it a lot. Would be kinda neat to have on Switch, but I’m not sure if I’ll just prefer playing it on PS4 when I know it looks so much better there.

Steamworld Dig 2 - Never played the first game. This one looks gorgeous. Only concern is whether it will keep my interest with it’s slower pace. I tend to like more action oriented games.

Mario + Rabbids - Same concern as above. Will it hold my interest for long?

46. Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Sounds like you have some form of the old Joycon desync/interference problem.

47. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! And it's a hardware issue, isn't it?

48. VegiHam

VegiHam
    Banned Member

Hey UK Switchera, question: I got Mario as a download for amazon for cheaper than his eShop price. I wanted to do the same for Xenoblade but they aren't doing download codes for it. Will they do them after launch or are they not going to at all?

49. Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

It is. There's a way to fix it involving opening the Joycon and adding a piece of foam, but other than that, you'll have to either send it in for repair or try moving the dock around. I have it too, but my Joycons basically stay on the system and I use the Pro Controller when playing on the TV.