1. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

Burying myself with work to keep my cool. I have a lot to say on the topic. I mean, wax philosophic. Not sure if it's worth it though.

2. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

The fact that Era can't even handle an honest conversation like that before the thread is inevitably closed is why #45 is president.

I hope nobody thinks that all the negative things folks say about #45 here or when everyone was still at the other place was genuine.

Bloodiest war in American History was over slavery. Nothing gets white people more disgusted than miscegenation; pissed off more than minorities being uplifted by "allies," and/or exercising self-determination ; more offended than so-called "race baiting."

In the year two-thousand eighteen, that thread about the police shooting a naked man dead lasts 15 pages, but look at what happened to Cream's, LionPride's, and Malyse's threads.

LOOK AT THIS!!!

[​IMG]

And these POSes wanna argue that one naked due was a threat, but here, the police tackle, subdue, and kill a 300 lb man named Eric Garner. Minus the death choke hold, we know the police are trained to take down folks, armed, or unarmed.

But naw, they prefer 21st century lynching. "Chalk up another dead nigger" they're really saying when the go back to r/Donald or wherever they come from.

THAT

Yeah playing the other games puts Witcher 3 into perspective. Not having to meditate before using elixirs and other buffs??? Man they don't know how good they have it!

3. gblues

gblues

That’s about my reaction too. Guy trying hard to convince people he’s not celebrating an unarmed black guy getting murdered by the police.

4. Forearm_Star

Forearm_Star

Should have had the deed to the crib on him

5. BossAttack

BossAttack

That thread would likely be dumpster fire. I'll say this, there is a fine line between wanting to be in on our cool stuff ie rocking Timbs and saying "lit", which is mostly fine. And cultural appropriation, ie "This is America Girls Version" or having a "Thug Life" doormat outside your gentrified Harlem apartment.

6. Mooner

Mooner
    Alt-Account Member

I hate the whole "allies" bullshit. They're not my fucking ally. They're just white people who say the "right" thing to be politically correct.

7. sqwarlock

sqwarlock

Yeah, I'd have to really think about a good way to present this...

...but I think, even if I presented a Harvard-quality thesis on the subject, the thread would still turn in to a dumpster fire. I don't think I've seen a single non-community thread about race and/or culture that doesn't end up that way, both here and on the old place.

8. Forearm_Star

Forearm_Star

Had an Asian coworker interrupt a conversation about the man who got the cops called on him while looking into a house with the "why is everything about race" hot take.

Then 3-4 minutes of bullshit back and forth with the conclusions that "a larger discussion needs to happen on both sides"

Fuck people

9. sqwarlock

sqwarlock

Every time.

10. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

If they knew the secret sauce to our creativity was enduring BS like extralegal jurisprudence, they wouldn't even need to engage in cultural appropriation and could be the source themselves.

But white privilege.

11. Beefy

Beefy
    Community Resettler Member

12. sooperkool

sooperkool

Because we are the forbidden, the strange and the different and this has always attracted rebellious youths and those youths always define fashion and culture.

13. My man is so Yardie. I love it.

I have Director's class after work and God knows how Im going to get through it.

14. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

Appreciate you expanding my vocabulary on a near daily basis.

15. Enzom21

Enzom21

These threads are useful tools. Shines a bright light on all of the human filth that masquerades around these parts.

16. Akira86

Akira86

people of color aren't always on the same page. especially if they have had different experiences, and particularly if they have lived an entire life of being "one of the good ones".

don't let it psyche you out though, you learn to roll with it. even when they decide they want to play as the diplomatic contrarian thinker and defender of rational thought, on too little information.

17. Those threads a pose a perfect example of the attitudes Democrats have towards Black People. It's also a major indicator of how out of touch they are with those communities. They think just saying we aren't the obvious bad guys. Is enough to get our votes. I've seen two democratic Presidents in my lifetime and Chicago is still a wasteland.

Flint still doesn't have clean water.

And Police are still murdering Black Men like they were trying to achieve a high score in GTA.

18. Yeah, my ignore list is large as fuck and ever-growing. I'm honestly not here to see shit hot takes from every idiot on every topic.

I wish we could compare and contrast ignore lists lol but I'm sure that's against the rules or some shit

19. Akira86

Akira86

history is full of examples where we celebrate progress, and when the party is over, so is the progress. america loves to be congratulated over work they haven't even started on yet, and the media is the primary perpetrator of that.

20. We got PMs here.

21. Forearm_Star

Forearm_Star

You're right. I don't expect everyone to live in the same world, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are right now. It was the idea of blatantly ignoring facts and reasoning and then topping it off with the need to discuss more. Like wtf for you're already ignoring stuff, so why bother?

I'll be alright, just needed to vent.

22. sinopiasaur

sinopiasaur

Not everyone who looks like you is for you, for sure.

Yes, it would be a trash fire, because white fragility is super prevalent. (You can google for "white fragility" and find articles about it, short summary is that white people are almost always super-sheltered from the effects of racism, so when they come across it they react quite badly. Many marginalized writers have had to reduce the violence portrayed even in non-fiction historical events driven by racism, because otherwise (usually white) editors view us as driving away white readers. Because white fragility.)

23. yea it's awesome

24. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

Well that's the thing in the context of the political. Democrats are now coming to terms with what they want from us. Our votes. They aren't so concerned with our lives, or being a part of our lives. Except when in times like right now when they've fucked things up so badly for themselves that they can't white flight outta here anymore. Now they're learning how to say "hi neighbor".

25. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

Ha ha, no problem. I told someone today that I'm outspoken, but not loquacious. They said they had to look that one up before they commented, lol.

If you don't use 'em, you lose 'em. My wife commented that I was beginning to use more "trendy" words than esoteric ones. So that's when I started picking up books again, lol.

Agreed.

We might not agree on PLANTAIN, but I think we've reached consensus here that that thread is STRAIGHT TRASH

PREACH!!!

And I don't want to put those folks on my ignore list because I wanna know who they are, and what they're saying and think about me, my wife, and my children. The implications showing their behinds here on Era goes beyond this message board.

26. Shy

Shy
    Banned Member

Evening.
    You lying motherfucker.

27. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

Missed this earlier. My bad. Yeah, I've been going back over my basics to reacquaint myself with...myself while I work on a new project. Or at least the ground that I have covered already.

28. Numb

Numb

i thought giggs the soccer player

29. FeenixRisen

FeenixRisen

Numb

so that ain't your name now

30. tatsu123

tatsu123

This made me smile.

Oh and what up people. Been awhile. Listen, I've avoided some threads here, but i WILL take one for the team. I did sneak in "devils" too. so *wink*?

Real talk sometimes I can get VERY angry reading some of the posts here. It can get tiring and i be wanting to throw righteous hammers with some of these threads. It's one reason I don't post that much.

31. gblues

gblues

Agree it would be a dumpster fire.

You will either get buried in #notallwhitepeople bullshit, or if you get all Harvard-level discussion it will be "TLDR" memes followed by #notallwhitepeople bullshit.

32. Just found out that I didn't get into Howard. Welp.

33. sqwarlock

sqwarlock

Damn that sucks. Was that your first choice?

34. Urban Scholar

Urban Scholar

Nah fam, these message board is a reminder of how people love their privilege.

I'm sorry to hear, did you have other choices??

35. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

I'm sorry V_V

36. tatsu123

tatsu123

OK... Just learned we can't use the "C" word. I guess I'll use coded language like every other "W" person here.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. You would have been welcomed here in DC.

37. Yep. I wanted to go school away from my state. I still wasn't sure if I was going to actually go or not. I've been real conflicted about education and job hunting since I got my bachelor's, but it still stings because my chance to decide if I was actually going to go or not was taken from me.

I also applied to another HBCU that's close by and they emailed me too today and said they'll let me know in the next five days.

38. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

"Plantin" Motherfuccccckkkkkkkkkerrrrrrrrrr!

39. Akira86

Akira86

lots of people apply to Howard, world wide. it's a well known school. So if you didn't get in this year, and you're set on going, you can try again during the next admissions phase.

(you can always apply to hampton too...)

40. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

LOL I needed that laugh

41. I thought we settled this, my yute.

42. Ugh, I am not trying to be in that shit when I'm thirty. I'm good. If I get into neither school right now I'm not going back to school period. I'm going for the wrong reasons anyway.

43. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

Ain't nobody taking away my ammunition to combat turn coat action in my view. White people and those lapping at heels can feel however they want about it. Doesn't change shit.

PLANTIN!!!!!

44. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

I like how Stallone's voice is all squeaky there.

----

Different speed here.

45. Slayven

Slayven

They fully regressing Jubliee?

46. DigitalOp

DigitalOp

I told y'all Era has been astroturfed

47. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

I dunno. I want to know, but I just don't.

Edit: Rod said she's human again.

48. Slayven Flow Other guy How do you feel about the announcement of the Eternals movie?

49. Slayven

Slayven

It's my black panther

50. The Artisan

The Artisan

Interesting, I wonder what your project will look like when it's completed. Do you usually color them in or just leave it as is when done sketching?

This used to be a hobby of mine when I was a kid, but I never drew any original creations, I just drew stuff from my favorite movies/video games etc.