1. Congrats! Name the kid after me.

2. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

The more he leans toward the esoteric, the better he is. The more he leans plebeian, the less authoritative he becomes.

Holy crap, I completely forgot about Shinobu!!!

3. DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Wow, congrats. Everybody got a love bun baking nowadays

4. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

A few? How long have you known?

5. Bob Beat

Bob Beat

I mean, what was those guys who made master P album covers gonna do with his life? Just wait to die

6. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

LMAO!!!!!

Don't forget Cash Money too!!!!

Ey, DigitalOp I'm bailing out of that thread. Dude keep asking why Avatar made so much money like we supposed to give a rat pellet's worth of dung about that mattering. OP is like "I don't understand why Black Panther deserved his own movie?" Like, you can create threads but can't use google? K.

7. DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Lol I'm bored so I'm poking the bear

8. Those early 90s Album Covers for No Limit /Cash Money were made by dudes who just discovered Photoshop. Really every southern album that wasn't Outkast had the worst design for this album covers.

9. No lies there and in the past couple years we've been seeing some of these high profile rappers with garbage album covers like Kanye, Kendrick, and someone else I forgot.

10. Commanderbuck

Commanderbuck

Congrats folk!

11. D i Z

D i Z
    Member OP

Grats yo!

12. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

He's got the whole world,
    in his hands!
    He's got the whole wide world,
    in his hands!
    He's got the whole world,
    in his hands!

He's got the whole world in his hands!

13. RedSwirl

RedSwirl

Trying to look up these primary candidates. IDK they all look good to me man. Some of them I can't even find at all, I guess because they're so low on the radar.

14. Zekes

Zekes

I haven’t watched any of the Marvel shows since suffering through Iron Fist, but I’ll give Luke Cage season 2 a try

15. MHWilliams

MHWilliams

The Great Director?

16. Shy

Shy
    Banned Member

Evening.
    Yeah. I'm a dummy dumb person who is dumb.
    [​IMG]

17. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

You need to at least watch the first two acts of Cage Season 2.

18. MizerMan

MizerMan

Grats!

19. gblues

gblues

Heh. Reminds me back in the day I did the prepress work for a mixtape made by some GAFers. Good times.

20. Merc_

Merc_

Congrats, man.

21. [​IMG]

22. of course some black people are going on a Anti-Donald Glover trip for being fake Pro-Black b/c he has 2 kids from a white woman

23. congrats on the bundle of joy

my condolence for your lost of sleep

24. That seems to be a common "go-to" from certain folks on Twitter to discredit black male achievements by bringing up their white wives. I remember them doing it to Jordan Peele as well. I'd love to have a discussion for that topic but IDK if this is the right place for that.

25. RedHoodedOwl

RedHoodedOwl

Congratulations!

26. Sch1sm

Sch1sm

Congrats and all the best, Fawf!

27. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

Don't forget that mbaku is with a Asian woman!

But yes, let us entertain this discussion. If you are Starstruck by, or Holding Out for black love, who do you have to look up to in the present Hollywood ensemble?

28. BossAttack

BossAttack

[​IMG]

29. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

I want to write an Urban Urban Fantasy novel

30. Urban Scholar

Urban Scholar

Congrats on this new exciting chapter of life.

Reading the last few pages. I'm getting motivated to really work on my novel as well.

It's a little more complex than that I feel. I've been listening to him for 10 yrs + since the beginning. He's music like so many like him was problematic.

He was taking shots at black women & propped up Asian women (his SOLO rap sounds like his old stuff :/) in his music. Thankfully he dropped that nonsense for a new direction as he got older.

People don't really forget your problematic discography when you blow up...*shrug*

31. do for Scream of Horror films did for Urban fantasy

probably a racist? j/k

32. malyse

malyse
    Community Resetter Member

So will This is America getting snubbed for the VMA’s or Black Panther getting snubbed for the Oscars be more irritating?

33. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

never let your dreams be dreams

34. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

If you can produce receipts like that, then it's not just hateration.

35. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

I just had a very long discussion about this with some friends. A lot of it is prolly a little too...ahem, blue, for this place, but the gist of my feeling was this:

The younger Donald Glover wasn't exactly the most progressive, pro-black dude. I loved his work (I don't apologize for liking Childish Gambino when niggas unironically like 21 Savage and Gucci Gang, fuck out my face), but he's done quite a bit of necessary growing since those days. Probably brought on by the fact that whenever black folks get the idea that America doesn't hate them for too long, America quickly reminds you: it still fucking hates you. All that post-9/11 "we're all one America" shit faded once we got a black President and cops started shooting us like they was trying to get the Platinum trophy for it.

So if someone says his pro-blackness feels new compared to who he used to be, and if it seems non genuine because he's not married to someone black, just remind them that people grow and change all the time, particularly when forced, and who people date is none of their damn business. lol.

I find the idea that you're "lesser" because you don't get married to someone else black so weird. But then, I think most people make too much of how important their "preferences" are, then get mad when the universe don't conform to them. Like, yeah it's 7bn people but that don't mean you gone meet 'em all, lol.

36. Phoenix RISING

Phoenix RISING
    Banned Member

I tend not *always* interpret it as someone perceives you as lesser because you date and marry outside of your race, but instead, their antagonism is an outward manifestation of their own despair in in regards to their personal prospects.

When a black woman gets married to a rich man, like Eve, Serena, or Meghan Markle, I feel that it's celebrated more because black women have been historically treated as the absolute bottom.

But when a black man becomes successful and does not bring up black women (who put up with him) alongside, it feels like a betrayal.

37. Forearm_Star

Forearm_Star

Afternoon

Where are all these movie covers coming from?!

Also congrats Secret Fawful blessings on blessings..

38. Aceun

Aceun

Here here! Congrats Secret Fawful
    Blessings to the new family!!

The new Childish Gambino vid is so provocative and I love it

39. Zekes

Zekes

Yeah to see how Donald Glover has grown from his Derrick Comedy days to now is pretty crazy.

40. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

It's plenty of hotep ass black men who bitch and moan when black women get the come up. I hate that shit too. I know they tried, because black women are the most loyal of any gender/ethnicity combo and I'll be honest: on the whole, that shit is not deserved. Not all black men have their best interests at heart.

Similarly, we always judge black men who get married outside their race by the collective instead of the individual. How many times can a nigga fail before he tries something different? If he's actively avoiding every other race of woman just so he can keep searching, I'd call him dumb. Again, reality isn't going to bend for you just 'cause you want it to give you the perfect person that's the perfect age, career, ethnicity, etc.

Also that bolded sentence is ice cold, but totally accurate.

41. Kreed

Kreed

Congrats Fawful on the new family!

Can't be irritated by something you're not expecting.

42. I wonder what a Coates produced show ala The Wire/ The Chi would look like?

43. Steven Universe came back after a months long hiatus to remind everyone why it's the best cartoon on air.

44. Slayven

Slayven

This y'all king?
    [​IMG]

45. cdyhybrid

cdyhybrid

People get out there for that event

46. cdyhybrid

cdyhybrid

47. Slayven

Slayven

chadwick looking like he can cast all the phoenix downs

48. I know it's been a long ass time because I still don't know who you're talking about and hit me up once you get that podcast poppin.

49. cdyhybrid

cdyhybrid

He just unlocked the ability to cast Holy

50. Man just caught up with Atlanta. Last episode hit too close to home.