1. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

If ASW games were all that were available in the FGC, I would just move onto another genre.

2. Neo0mj

Neo0mj

Honestly, I think battle royale games would be your thing.

3. Tension Mask

Tension Mask

I bailed pretty quick. This show is clearly not made for the hardcore FGC, even one bit. I'll let others judge whether it is an effective reality show, which is a genre I can't bear to watch.

4. Will DBZF bring the hype? I dunno. Maybe, if Sonic manages to get to top 8 against the Japanese. But really, the only reason I watch the game now is when SF plays, just to see if someone can beat him. Otherwise, the game is a fucking snooze fest for me.

The game will have a high-entrant count no doubt.

Show us on the doll where Daisuke touched you, Beef.

5. Karsticles

Karsticles
    Self-Requested Ban Member OP

I still laugh thinking about Beef tricking Dahbomb on April 1 into thinking he bought DBFZ.

With all of the infinite exploits being found in DBFZ, I wonder if it will get an accelerated patch.

6. Didn’t know there where infinites. You got a vid you can link me to?

7. Neo0mj

Neo0mj

8. Karsticles

Karsticles

There are also Marvel 3 style infinites because it turns out some combo starters prevent hitstun decay for some reason.

9. What the hell’s happening here?

10. QisTopTier

QisTopTier
    Community Resettler Member

He got a free lifebar full of plasma

11. I was thinking more along the lines of "Why does this work?"

12. It's that ASW first game jank.

Super Dragonball FighterZ will fix it right up.

13. Kadey

Kadey

Change the title to Dragon Ball Infinite.

14. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

I personally don't know the exact mechanics of these infinites but they appear to start off of some particular multi-hitting projectiles like Recoom's beam or in this case A21's 5S (just a basic ki blast that most characters have access too). Once you hit someone with this attack, the HSD (hit stun deterioration) seems to be completely ignored for the rest of the combo and you can do practically any combo that would be an infinite if a HSD system wasn't already in place. The most easiest and practical one people have set up is the Beerus "infinite ki" attacks by just doing a combo that starts with A21 and she tags into Beerus mid combo to continue the infinite.

Seems like a bug that applies to a very select few moves and for the most part seems easily fixable. But I haven't seen ASW address this publicly with a statement or provide a timeline on a fix or any other balance changes. For the record, Capcom for MVCI immediately addressed the infamous Spider Man web ball infinite and fixed it in the fastest time frame possible with the patching system available to them. They also banned the infinite from tournament play and there was certainly drama prior to this around whether the community should be banning this infinite or not.

15. Kufkah

Kufkah
    Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account. Member

Beerus "infinite ki" attacks it self is a bug too, but it's useless without an HSD glitch since they fall out of it pretty fast and the damage is pathetic.

16. MechaX

MechaX

... The more I play around in UNIST, the more I realize that the game has some... pretty interesting but good ideas (huge buttons for almost everyone is a interesting change from stub central like in SFV, and I do like what the game does with meter, plus frame advantage after teching a throw is something that I wonder if other FGs toyed around with it in the past, and mission mode actually teaches you things resembling BnBs not unoptimal proof of concept combos).

It is absolutely tragic that it was sent to die in the West, because more people need to be playing this game.

17. infinite

infinite

I wish people played it.

18. Kadey

Kadey

Jiyuna complaining about LK sending random dick pics to him at random times. LOL.

19. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

It's the best new 2d fighting game series by a mile

20. infinite

infinite

the fuck

21. MechaX

MechaX

I might have lucked out in my area because apparently there are a sizable amount of people at locals who play the game, but I definitely wish that it was played more than it is.

The crazy thing is that I really like DBFZ as a newcomer game, but even then, I still tell IRL friends that I like UNIST more despite not being able to play UNIST nearly as much.

I am secretly hoping that BB Cross Tag battle can appeal to more people and still have the kind of stuff that makes UNIST pretty great.

22. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

Well the thing about UNI is that the free flowing combos and the little tug of war mechanic help give players an idea of what they should be doing and doesn't feel restrictive for combos.

Like winning the little gird battle is a really fun minigame built into the combat itself

23. infinite

infinite

As free flowing as the combo system is and feels the game will definitely teach you real quick not to be lazy with your inputs. Coming from playing SFV and Marvel 3, games with generous input buffers and what not, and back to Unist is kinda rough. That’s not really a knock against it though

24. Neo0mj

Neo0mj

Too bad they sent it to die against DBFZ.
    They should have also released it for Switch PC. I've almost funny abandoned my PS4 and really hate having to turn it on.

25. WarRock

WarRock

I am still mad UNIST release date. 0 marketing and going against DBZ and MHW. Just, why. Honestly would be better to release it after BBTag than do it like this.

26. Tizoc

Tizoc

27. Phire Phox

Phire Phox

Finally Watched the ELEAGUE reality show today. Of course LTG would be the first to get eliminated. Lupe will be on one the episodes so kind of looking forward to that. Wasn’t completely terrible, for a reality TV show anyway.

28. Acti

Acti

To be honest LTG is the only reason why I'm going to watch the show. (Yes, I'm one of those who actually likes him.)

29. Katsubento

Katsubento

I agree. It was kinda fun.

30. shaowebb

shaowebb

Oh good. I can't imagine him being good for the FGC ever.

31. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

Well that certainly says a lot about you.

32. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

who doesn't like watching a good trainwreck

33. Acti

Acti

Love me some entertainment.

34. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

i'd rather wipe my ass with broken glass sorry

35. MechaX

MechaX

I ended up watching the ELeague episode with some friends over the weekend and... yeah, it was pretty bad.

Something told us that LTG isn’t entirely an act (the dude in great part lost because the fact that his opponent plays another character than what he “researched” somehow managed to blindside him, which is some vintage LTG dumb logic), but we just turned it off when shit wasn’t even entertaining at the very least.

On a completely different subject, Orie is very fun in UNIST and I feel bad that I never gave her a look before now.

36. Sanox

Sanox

37. shaowebb

shaowebb

Neat. Comes along with the news of a Samsho based MMORPG in china where you play as original the character and are trained by one of the franchise faves. Hopefully this aludes towards more samsho stuff in the future. Series had a lot of hits and I was sad it disappeared. Now theres a vs for you...Samsho vs Last Blade. I'd love to play that.

38. WarRock

WarRock

And thus, the push for more SamSho begins? Nice.

39. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

Falke's animations are like a low tier Poison

40. ThatCrazyGuy

ThatCrazyGuy

41. Peace

Peace
    User requested ban Member

I remember being jumped-on on this forum when I said the hype for this game would die quickly because of the lack of depth. I guess I wasn't wrong after all, every fighting veterans I speak with seem to agree.

42. Zissou

Zissou

License + relative simplicity meant the starting pool of players was at least massive. Revisions/patches could address the issues, but radio silence from arcsys thus far.

43. Karsticles

Karsticles

I haven't seen anyone cite lack of depth as a problem. Universally, the concerns are character imbalances, super dashes being too effective in some situations, and assist dearth and disparity.

44. Peace

Peace

To each their own then but it's coming from many discussions I had with veterans fighting game player I know. I like Arcsys, but when I compare this game to Guilty Gear Rev2, I feel like it's a step-back when it comes to depth.

Lack of visibility, beam and effect everywhere, X ways to close-in killing proper spacing, loooong matches... are also a problem to me, it makes the game painful to watch.

45. Most games will lack depth in comparison Rev2. And I don't necessarily consider Rev2's depth a good thing.

I don't think anyone really has a problem with the game's depth, I just think a lot of people don't find what's there very interesting and really hate super-dash.

46. Sanox

Sanox

Talk about timing

47. Karsticles

Karsticles

BALANCE
    PATCH

ASW considers GGRev2 to be too complex, and they want to simplify the game in the next version. Be prepared!

48. Peace

Peace

Oo I'm shocked.

49. Zissou

Zissou

I would be ok with this.

50. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

I wouldn't, Xrd already feels lacking compared to AC