1. Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire
    Wrestling Games

2. MadeMan

MadeMan

VF still has mash+Wiggle to break stagger.

3. Kadey

Kadey

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!

4. Master Milk

Master Milk

eh, i doubt eagle's coming to sfv next season

5. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

6. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

is that more number notation

7. CEO Registration is open.

8. Tizoc

Tizoc

9. ArjanN

ArjanN

To be fair King of Fighters has a lot of double half circle and half circle + quarter circle back etc type motions. I've noticed most games nowadays seem seem to trend toward simpler motions like just quarter circles and dragon punch motions. King of Fighters in particular also always seemed kinda strict about it's inputs.

Also, honesly I've always felt keyboard is more accurate than a d-pad for motions.

Even the latest VF is like 8 years old now... :(

10. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

when will Bamco open up a Battle for the Dragon Balls tournament with special rules?

11. shaowebb

shaowebb

Never. Because they don't need to. Its already interesting and makes its own hype. It doesn't need any gimmicks.

I can't wait to see what MVC:I does with DLC announcements sometime though. Game got way more fun once the 6 dlc were in. It really could use more stuff. The layoffs and cancellations at Capcom have me worried but this game did do a million so its not like its bad to keep pushing it.

12. Teh_Lurv

Teh_Lurv

FYI, Tekken 7 for PS4/XB1 is on sale for $20 at Target.

13. nded

nded

Spinning the joystick is the fastest way to get out of stun in SFV.

14. Kirblar

Kirblar

Watch MvC3 make it in.

15. Looking forward to the evo snubs

16. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

by MvC3 you mean ARMS

17. Biosnake

Biosnake

pls come back mike ross

18. FSLink

FSLink

Let me win all 7 Dragon Balls so I can wish MvCI back to life.

19. SSJ Sho'Nuff

SSJ Sho'Nuff

Marvel was already wished once, it cannot be wished back again

20. shaowebb

shaowebb

Guess I'll just repost this gif I made a year ago then lol.

[​IMG]

21. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

i said it on twitter, but i'd be shocked if Infinite makes it in

and if it does, it damn sure isn't making it to sunday
    pretty sure dende remaking the dragon balls changed that ruling

22. FSLink

FSLink

Ya respect the lore guys.

23. MVCI will probably be in.

Even though it'd be funny if it didn't make it in.

24. Kadey

Kadey

Shoutouts to Big E and the Philly crew. We did it.

25. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

If they truly lock it at 7 games I don't think MvCI makes it. It's #8 on any version of my list. I would feel kinda bad if it doesn't make it and then Capcom shocks us with further DLC or support for the game, but at that point I'd imagine they'd make an exception to let it in.

Are there any new titles coming out before Evo that would be a serious consideration?

26. Tension Mask

Tension Mask

Sounds about right, but I think there's very small chance that there is only 7 games. So I'm fully expecting Marvel to get in

27. cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Doesn't it seen kind of wrong that CvS2 is at CEO as a main game but not BB? Wtf?

28. Wallach

Wallach

I think so. I just don't think it gets a Sunday slot.

29. Kirblar

Kirblar

30. Marvel 3 makes no sense at all

31. Kirblar

Kirblar

RedBull loves cool things.

SF is cool
    MvC3 is cool
    MvCI is not cool

32. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Do they spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool?

33. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

I would 100% be hyped for MvC3 at Evo over MvCI. I wouldn't watch any MvCI but I would definitely watch MvC3.

Maybe Red Bull is just going to be doing some sort of MvC3 exhibition/event thing at Evo?

34. WarRock

WarRock

I don't understand the point of Reversal Edges in Soulcalibur 6. It's a focus attack that becomes a DBZHyper Dimension clash on hit, except the attacker wins if it ties? Uh, why would you want to do that?

35. AAK

AAK

Attacker only wins if there is a 2nd tie. And RE exists for the sake of casuals. At a high level I think it's a huge risk (because of its linearity) and a mediocre reward.

I haven't played it yet, but from watching videos I despise the extent to which it breaks the flow of the match.

36. jett

jett

How can anyone disagree? The stages in DBFZ are the dullest shit. True to the show, but that doesn't make them good.

37. WarRock

WarRock

Yeah, I'm not understanding the reward here.

38. AAK

AAK

If you make a hard read against an opponent that you feel is going to attack you with a non-guard break attack or throw, the RE will auto-block and get some guaranteed damage before you enter the RPS mini-game. However, if the RE guaranteed damage is the killing blow, you won't need to enter the RPS mini-game where you can potentially take damage. That is what I'm theorizing its best utility. The risk is that if your read is wrong and your opponent didn't attack, they can easily sidestep and punish you with probably anything.

39. I rarely pay attention to stages in fighting games.

40. Okay, so going back to the archiving of information versus social media dilemma I talked about a few weeks ago:

Here's an idea: what if a forum, such as SRK, had a "Share" button similar to Youtube that allowed a topic creator to publish their thread on Twitter/Facebook/Discord/ etc.? Or hell, even allowed users outside the topic creator to publish posts in a similar fashion?

41. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

the only important stage is training stage, and that's because it should be mandatory to ban it from all competition
    some forums on more modern software already have that

42. RADRAD

RADRAD

My personal 7 for this...

SF5: AE
    Smash Wii U
    Tekken 7
    Injustice 2
    KOF14
    DBFZ
    MvC:I

That seems to cover every niche and stay as current and modern age as humanly possible.

43. Karsticles

Karsticles
    Self-Requested Ban Member OP

I don't see how KoF is worth putting up. It was bare bones in its first year.

Cutting Melee is just ridiculous. Cutting Marvel makes way more sense.

44. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

If we base it on numbers from post EVO tournaments then KOF and GG are most likely to get the boot in US EVO. Injustice 2 comes in next and after that is MVCI (which has put decent to good numbers in the big tournaments). KoF has consistently put the worst numbers.

Also don't know about the status of Blazblue Cross Tag and Kof Waifu fighters. One of them might be thrown in as the yearly surprise announcement.

My last ditch prediction for EVO (9 games):

SFV
    Melee
    Smash 4
    DBZF
    Tekken 7
    Injustice 2
    GGXrd
    MVCI
    BlazBlue Cross Tag (if it's considered otherwise KOF for final slot)

These 9 games would appease most people I would imagine. They have had 9 games twice in a row so far and this year we have the highest number of big name fighters out, would be a disservice not to have 9 games.

45. Sixfortyfive

Sixfortyfive

Nah.

46. Such as?

47. FSLink

FSLink

The only reason to ever cut Melee is for a logistical reason (like if the other games are way too demanding to hold a tourney for that they can't reasonably also handle Melee plus CRTs)
    The game has tons of entrants and tons of viewers and the crossover between it and Smash Wii U is pretty minimal.

48. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

i dunno, i don't run any forums

i know gaf had it before the exodus, and i think the coli has it too

49. Sixfortyfive

Sixfortyfive

Haven't both of those games been dropping off faster than normal for the past year or so? EVO 2017 Smash turnout in particular was down by almost 50% compared to 2016.

I am a bit biased though because I just got sick of dealing with the Melee scene on a local level and really wish they would just retreat back into their own spaces in general.