1. Master Milk

Master Milk

wait, vita?

2. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

Justin still washed up

3. shaowebb

shaowebb

Apparently their is a crowdfunding on FIG for a Smash Bros style game with some neat changes. It adds High lows and mixups as well as an ability to recover health and another ability to dash through bullets. Plus it mentions things like when you lose a stock you can do something to the stage terrain to change it. Looks really whimsical with cute characters and stages.

made a thread for it since its interesting game news IMO

Kind of curious how out of control things get with mixups of a traditional kind in a smash title. Maybe thats why health recovery was a mechanic they added? Might be the sorta thing that lead to crazy damage or something. I like the dash through bullets thing. Thats a Touhou staple in their fighting games thats really fun.

4. Sanox

Sanox

5. Tizoc

Tizoc

6. Whens the fightin ex layer beta?

7. Mamoniadas

Mamoniadas

soon comrade

8. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

9. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

Where the streams for Fighting EX Layer at? Can't find any.

10. Hazzuh

Hazzuh

https://www.twitch.tv/mr_biscuits

11. Blu

Blu

If you backed Arcana Heart 3 LOVEMAX SIXSTARS!!!!!!, the steam keys should be available. It will be playable on the 13th.

12. Lulu

Lulu

13. Kadey

Kadey

They nailed the music. Getting late 90s vibe.

14. CO_Andy

CO_Andy

Watching Fighting EX Layer makes you really appreciate how far fighting games have come.

Yeah, i don't think the game has a future.

15. Kadey

Kadey

Saw an 80s Ninja movie and the designs are straight up MK. Wonder if that's where they got their inspiration.

16. shaowebb

shaowebb

ARCANA HEART SIX STARS CODES WENT UP!
    [​IMG]
    Game goes live on the 13th (JST) but the codes went up this morning. Second it goes live we can get to playing. Cannot wait for this.
    We got Minori and the Ichor arcana, Shark Girl and Paracelsia the arcana of life, Dark Heart as playable and a complete new balance patch thats already added crazy stuff like some new links and combo options for folks like Akane.
    Images of what to expect. Not all will be ready at launch but the remaining stretch goal cast will be added in the upcoming months. Looking forward to this.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ArjanN

ArjanN

Ever seen Big Trouble in Little China? It basically has Shang Tsung and Raiden.

Yeah, got my code. Stretch goal stuff will get added after launch though, yeah.

18. Retro!

Retro!

That's fine though. We're getting arcade version now which is what most people who like the game just wanted anyways.

19. This game is the future

20. Retro!

Retro!

I mean it'll come out and people will enjoy it. People are enjoying it now.

It's not about to have it's own CapcomCup or anything though. I'm not really sure what people were expecting.

21. BadWolf

BadWolf

Doubt anyone is actually expecting that.

The company barely had enough money to make the game and fully expects to lose money on it. It's a passion project.

22. enzo_gt

enzo_gt

UMvC3 PS4 is 50% off as a part of the first week of PSN's Holiday Sale.

EDIT: Various versions of SG on sale too, at not-as-great prices though.

23. BadWolf

BadWolf

Reynald has been training for something recently and people assumed it was Evo Japan but it seems it may have been this:

Trailer: https://v.qq.com/x/page/l0502xunkqc.html

3 Evo champs and 1 world champ in attendance, I'm sure Luis Cha and Pako got invited thanks to their great performance at Evo.

The KOFs make sense but SamSho 2 being in the line up seems a little odd.

24. Tension Mask

Tension Mask

What kind of bullshit.. I've never seen Wizard try and bury a game like that. Is he still pissed about that leak?

25. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

I don't see him trying to bury it, especially when you look at his replies.

26. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Regardless of the state of the game, calling a game dead 2-3 months after its release without even going through regular tournament season is a really shitty knee jerk thing to do. I know people in here like to doom and gloom the game, I do too but you expect more from the TO of EVO.

Poor taste all around.

27. BadWolf

BadWolf

Might be because people are expecting it to be a main game on Sunday but it's performance may be making that difficult so he's testing the waters.

28. BigJeffery

BigJeffery

Can you blame him? Look how big of a failure the BftS was.

29. Seven Force

Seven Force

Tbh, it's a poll question I would've expected on the front page of Eventhubs or something, not his twitter.

Even as an fan of the EX games (EX2 is godlike, even if it was a UMK3 style happy accident), I wasn't expecting to dig the Fighting EX Layer beta so much. It's a little busted, but it's the fun kind.

30. Shroki

Shroki

The TO of EVO has to decide whether or not Marvel is even worth running at EVO in the next 5 or so weeks. There will actually NEVER be a major seasonal tournament for Marvel before that decision is made.I can't blame him for starting a conversation based on the facts.

Battle for the Stones made almost no impression. The patch and DLC generated little excitement. What's left to reinvigorate Marvel?

31. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Way lesser games have been put on EVO just because they were new. People had barely any interest in KOF14 yet they still had KOF EVO.

Regular tournament season hasn't even started yet for the game. This is completely uncalled for if it happened to a different game people would be rioting.

Game did really well at SCR and Redbull Battlegrounds, the only 2 big NA events for the game. That should be the litmus test, not a tournament that was half assed put together with no build up , storylines or consistency.

People aren't actually interested in analyzing facts, rather get are interested in expressing emotions. Based on facts, 0 chance this game should miss EVO.

32. WarRock

WarRock

BtfS being failure is fault of BtfS organization or the game's faul though?

33. Tension Mask

Tension Mask

It would be one thing to ask 'MvCI at EVO, what do you guys say??'. That is.... not what he did.

34. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Yeah it's a hella loaded question that skewers the narrative. Especially right after the BOTS debacle when the wounds are fresh.

MrWiz gonna look really fucking dumb if Capcom starts announcing X Men for 2018.

35. MrDaravon

MrDaravon

I think it's pretty fair for him to be asking that question as the TO of Evo, especially since I think it's fair to question how viable the game is going to be ~8 months from now if we have indeed gotten no further updates. I would assume he also has enough of an inside line where if he knew there was notable content/updates coming he wouldn't be asking this question. But it also obviously skews the narrative even if it's a valid question, and online polls are going to be l o l anyway. Depending on how many games they (actually) run I could actually see this not making the cut, but I think it'll still at least get one appearance. If the game is indeed dead in terms of updates I don't see it making it to Evo 2019 though.

36. WarRock

WarRock

Was it Injustice 1 or KI that got in before even being released? I think it was Injustice 1.

I don't think Marvel has to get a pass just because it's Marvel, but it deserves a chance to prove itself at Evo, like KOF13 had.

37. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Except it's not a fair question, that's the point.

What are the other games on the list? Does MrWiz actually think that out of 9 games MVCi would be the worst performing game on there? Like it could actually do worse than IJ2, BB and KOf assuming those games even maks the cut?

Again this is not something that is being asked out of logic but emotions. The facts he presents in the Twitter are also incorrect, that's when you know he is trying to shape a narrative.

38. Shroki

Shroki

The question shouldn't be "is Marvel dead". It's is "Capcom done with Marvel".

It's not secret that the 6 DLC characters were mostly in the can when the game released. If they scrapped DLC plans after the game bombed, I don't see a future for it competitively. The scene is NOT that enthusiastic. It's not pulling viewers and nobody seems to be happy with the fact that they just released a major balance patch and 3 DLC characters 7 days ago.

Obviously if Capcom is willing and able to provide more DLC, the scene will carry on. One has to assume that Disney acquiring Fox will eliminate their biggest problem with getting that roster fixed.

39. enzo_gt

enzo_gt

Facts being a stream scheduled co-occurring with Capcom Cup with little promotion or effort to distinguish it from Capcom Cup (which got most of the promotion) and PC activity numbers?

Let's hope Mr. Wizard gets some better facts, first, whether the game is actually dead or not.

EDIT:

40. Mamoniadas

Mamoniadas

Gross on wiz’s part but whats new?

41. Tension Mask

Tension Mask

Exactly. Look at the arguments Wizard throws around to discredit Marvel, and then think wait, which metrics led him to give KOF14 a main slot at EVO, a game which was DOA as a tournament game on launch?

One might logically assume that KOF got in as a good faith nomination, as it was a new installment in a beloved series. (and yeah, this is not to even mention the games like Injustice that got in before they were released at all)

But then you're gonna tell me that a series that has been a fixture at EVO every year since its inception, maybe the main attraction during some of those dark years, doesn't even get one shot at EVO for its new game? That's insane. Something else is going on there.

42. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

Wiz needs better numbers for sure, but it's not a leap to say that Infinite is bombing with people.

43. BadWolf

BadWolf

If you bring KOF up like that then you must be okay with MVCI running from start to finish on Friday, pools barely getting streamed during the day and the finals getting played out the same night. Missing damn near every good match outside of the top 8.

KOF got in because it's a very international game, and it showed that well at Evo this year with hands down the most international top 8 and again had one of the most hype top 8.

44. Karsticles

Karsticles
    Self-Requested Ban Member OP

Friday Marvel sounds amazing to me.

Put DBFZ on Sunday.

45. Grimmjow

Grimmjow

Anybody here getting Arcana Heart on Steam when it drops? I always wanted to learn AH and never got into the PS3 version.

46. Amedo310

Amedo310

Brackets got messed up too. I was there in person watching matches that did not line with the brackets at all. Also, power failure was an issue just like every game at EVO. My stick cut right off in the middle of my match with MadKOF.

47. Biosnake

Biosnake

It's more alive than his diet at least.

48. "Tension Pulse" is an ongoing Guilty Gear tournament series that is hosted by prolific youtube uploader Silva Hime and casted by Ryan Hunter and others. If you have even a slight interest in Guilty Gear you owe it to yourself to watch tonight's matches that just ended. two FT7 sets that went down to the wire each time:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209083322

• First Match: Rio (Johnny) vs Milky (Faust)
    • Second Match: Lord Knight (Millia) vs. Kizzie Kay (Sin)
    Matches start @ 13:21

49. Zero-ELEC

Zero-ELEC

"Fuck that game, anyway" - John D.

See that's the encouragement the scene needs, Capcom~