1. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Nope. I was getting AE based on percieved increased game depth and higher skill ceiling with the hope that you now had multiple options on character selection rollout. If that's true, it's the same shit and I have no interest in playing it. Sticking to GG and DBFZ.

Tekken 7 is great although it has issues. Yeah it's all a joke. Putting work into one of those "dead" games now.

2. infinite

infinite

Not having multiple v-skills is a minor disappointment but I don't get being mad at a lack of multiple critical arts.

3. jett

jett
    Community Resettler Member

It's not really a grind, you're gonna get a buncha FM just by playing the game normally. It's a grind if you're not actually interested in playing SFV.

But it's interesting to see your perspective. Personally, I've barely unlocked any stages because I always see them anyhow when I play other people online who have unlocked them on their end.

So fuck Capcom because the game doesn't have stuff nobody ever said it was gonna have? lol. AE does have additional V-Triggers, though. So that's some "increased depth/ceiling" according to your logic. But I'm guessing "fuck Capcom" anyway.

4. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Multiple v-triggers is a good first step. I completely forgot about that shit. Honestly, not too hyped for AE, period. I doubt they'll do the work to fix the game such as fixing normal hitboxes.

5. Grizzly

Grizzly
    Bear of Love Moderator

As a note, I've contacted Karticles in regards to if the OP can be replaced with the content Himuro posted here.

6. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

Grizzly I'd say just do it, he already said he liked it and tasked Himuro to do it. He's generally busy around this time so might be a while before he gets back to you.

7. Grizzly

Grizzly
    Bear of Love Moderator

The OP has been updated :-)!

8. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

Yes this is a great OP :)

9. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

10. Sanox

Sanox

11. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

Still inferior to We Got Power

12. Sanox

Sanox

Aka the Gohan cock tease op

13. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

So who is planning on competing in DBFZ? I think it'll have the most competition out of the anime game community and will lead to better anime players in the west. At least, that's my hope.

Ew.

I've wanted to tell the staff how much I love Community Spotlight. One concern I had was that the community threads would be in the dead forum and and wouldn't get much traffic so you guys doing this has been really awesome.

14. Saito

Saito

Solid pick Beef. My favorite will always be dan dan kokoro hikaretekuhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJcuDgVYjgI

15. MechaX

MechaX

After a marathon of BlazBlue Saturday (fuck Es, by the way), he suggested I should play Nine.

Too bad when I play Nine, I am just hitting buttons and throwing out random spells. How the hell can people keep all these spells straight in mid match (unless there are only a few I should be using).

For that reason I also hope Nine makes it to Cross Tag so I don't have to learn anyone new

16. Karsticles

Karsticles
    Self-Requested Ban Member OP

You don't memorize spells so much as you memorize blockstrings and what spells they give you. As you master her, you will fish for spells. Creating a mental heuristic is helpful. For example, WWF summons the fairy, but WFF summons the rock. I think of the extra fire as "hardening" my magic into a rock, while a fairy is more fluid like water.

17. B1ggRandall

B1ggRandall

Ayeee! I saw that clip on twitter lol

18. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

btw, lol :)

I could've used a better, more well thought term. Such as 'I like fighting games with a strong neutral stage' or something like that. Was at work at the time and was trying to hurry and blurt out my thoughts. Well thanks for the good humor I got a good laugh

19. MegaBeefBowl

MegaBeefBowl

Bring back invincible DPs

Or just play USF4 with me on steam instead. We're still holding out there.

20. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

no, learn how to time an anti-air instead

21. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

This is awful reasoning considering a whiffed DP has for risk than a whiffed jab but then I remember you're Beef and you're trolling.

22. Kufkah

Kufkah
    Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account. Member

Aren't MP DPs invincible while used as anti-airs anyway!

23. lucebuce

lucebuce

They are. DPs are reliable as Anti airs, and the situations where they aren't are situations where being fully invincible probably isnt going to help much.

24. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Alternatively, play Super Street Fighter II Turbo with me on Fightcade.

This video will give you motivation to do so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ldK0jda78

25. lucebuce

lucebuce

True warriors play Alpha 3.

26. MegaBeefBowl

MegaBeefBowl

I'm horrific at Turbo. Also the only people left playing Turbo on Fightcade are probably stone cold killers.

27. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Gotta play with killers to become a killer, bb.

Another one for ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRIBntH63gc

28. DatManOvaDer

DatManOvaDer

Anyone else interested in trying out Punch Planet?

29. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

What if I'm not in the mood to do 90 jumping jabs in the corner?
    Never heard of this before but checking it out you can tell they understand fighting games. Really not a fan of how the background visuals kinda wash out the fighters tho

30. Kufkah

Kufkah
    Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account. Member

Then you play 3s, still the best:
    [​IMG]

31. lucebuce

lucebuce

Then you just dont like fighting games at all.
    3rd Strike is a fucking beast of a game.

32. QisTopTier

QisTopTier

I'll forever love the fact that just defend heals you

33. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Am I missing anything? That's not 3S and 3S isn't the best at anything?

[​IMG]

34. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

except i'm not

learning how to properly AA is an important part of learning how to play fighting games and will help someone go far instead of relying on a crutch like an invincible reversal

35. Neo0mj

Neo0mj

[​IMG]

36. lucebuce

lucebuce

That's the joke

37. dr.rocktopus

dr.rocktopus

I'm bad at SF but there's arcade around here that does free play for a flat rate. Daytona USA was taken up most of the time so I wandered around till something caught my eye. It was SFA3. I kept playing as Sakura...and at least started to get the hang of it. I've always been bad with the circle, shory movements etc and breadth of options in SF but just being able to grind out time definitely helped. Not saying I'm good or anything but at least thinking about what I want to do and can sometimes pull it off. I want to continue with it.

38. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

What in the world does this have to do with proper AA? Most people who can AA with normals can do it with a DP. This reminds me of the time you said you put ketchup on curry. I can't take anything you say seriously now!

39. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

https://twitter.com/Rhapsody39/status/927960462976696320

40. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

GG Xrd rev2 is great just not enough time to play all these great fighters

41. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Play on Fightcade. You'll have a lot of fun.

42. Zackat

Zackat

Lol I love the toucan avatar.

43. SynthBpm

SynthBpm

i'm definitely interested. whether i'll get it tho...

44. Professor Beef

Professor Beef

I told you that was a joke, ya dingus

45. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

And this is probably a "joke" as well!

46. Neo0mj

Neo0mj

Himuro seems terrible at understanding jokes, even worse than me! You need to lighten up.

47. Cindi Mayweather

Cindi Mayweather
    Banned Member

Ketchup on curry is not a joke. It is sacrilege!

48. Zero-ELEC

Zero-ELEC

[​IMG]
    Third Strike still looks amazing to this day. The art style is practically unmatched.

49. Look you're all wrong

50. AlexBasch

AlexBasch

So I tried my hand at MKX online and I'm getting destroyed by endless juggling combos in the corner that do 40-45% damage.

I'm loving it, since I think I can pull those off if I work hard enough, some guy destroyed me with the relentless Jason and I liked it better than the usual slasher one I pick.