1. CannonFodder52

CannonFodder52
    Member OP

Looks like Swery is going to be doing an AMA live-stream during the final hours of the campaign.
    3 PM PST / 6 PM EST

2. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem
    Local Horror Enthusiast Moderator

3. Siresly

Siresly

Fuck it, reupped.

4. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem
    Local Horror Enthusiast Moderator

Kickstarter just ended, Swery did a good stream with his translator and answered a lot of interesting things.

Really happy this is happening, and I admit a few questions answered made me more excited. Now to wait two years for release (hopefully).

5. takoyaki

takoyaki

Final stats
    [​IMG]

6. tulpa

tulpa

Quote from Swery himself:

"Serious question... Switch version or masturbation stuff?"

7. CannonFodder52

CannonFodder52
    Member OP

Was far too worried a few weeks back. Those are some solid results.

Congrats Swery

8. Vibranium

Vibranium

Glad we made it, threw some money behind it and hopefully they can make a Switch version happen down the line for people who want it.

I'm happy that Swery has some extra money to put towards new content at any rate.

9. Queen Kong

Queen Kong
    kiri kiri kiri... Moderator

I was on the ama discord but couldn't think of any questions until now. Did he say anything about whether Naomi can go on dates?

10. mclem

mclem

Although it's probably not set exactly in stone given the exchange rate confusion discussed earlier in the thread...

[​IMG]

...I think I'm entitled to be a little smug.

11. Shwing

Shwing

We're playing Price is Right rules so since you went over you lose

12. kami_sama

kami_sama

Shit my pledge didn't go through. I'll have to check it out tomorrow

13. Alfredo

Alfredo

My card declined the Kickstarter pledge for some reason... sounds like other people are having similar issues.

I’ll guess I’ll have to transfer some money and try another card soon.

14. Yea I got the card declined issue too.
    After talking with my bank, it went through when I manually retried it.

15. deepFlaw

deepFlaw

Oh, that’s worrying. Mine seems to have gone through fine but I hope that doesn’t hurt how much they made to any significant degree, if they lose some pledges due to the issues.

16. Dinjoralo

Dinjoralo

Oh my God, why are my pledges to the kickstarter bouncing. Other purchases work fine. Is it because it's in yen?

Oh, its not just me .

17. Vibranium

Vibranium

My pledge went through ok, hopefully everyone else can get theirs sorted.

18. Bowl0l

Bowl0l

I didn't get any notification from my bank that my card is charged. Any way for me to check in KS that the payment went through?

19. Gradon

Gradon

Mine went through fine thankfully. Like the above poster said, it's probably because its in Yen?

20. Necron

Necron

So happy this succeeded... wait, you become what at night!?

21. Shoshi

Shoshi

You need to temporarily open your card for internet transactions anywhere on your bank account --> click the kickstarter failed payment banner and retype card info --> the transaction should be through within 30 min

22. Dinjoralo

Dinjoralo

Yeah, there's a hold on my account because they thought it was fraud.

23. kami_sama

kami_sama

I just used another card and it worked.
    But it is strange, other KS campaigns worked correctly. Maybe because it was in yen?

24. matrixman92

matrixman92

damn, I had no idea what this charge was lol. I was about to contact my bank cus I had no idea. Was just thinking, what the Hell did I buy from japan. Finally figured it out lol

25. kageroo

kageroo

Eh, excuse me, is the demo functional?

As in, I took a photo of the couple and what now? When I talk to the dude it doesn't seem to do anything, and I took a picture with the other dude in the "fish restaurant"? but he's just drinking coffee and... Yeah... this is strange lol

26. Dineren

Dineren

It does work (at least the quests I did). A number of NPCs will act differently depending on how close you are to them so put some distance between you and your target and observe. Also, regarding the couple, if you're doing the quest for the guy next to the car, you're probably taking pictures of the wrong people. I spent a lot of time taking numerous pictures of them before I found the person I was actually supposed to be targeting. When you get it right, you'll know immediately as the quest will update.

27. kageroo

kageroo

I see, thanks!

28. CannonFodder52

CannonFodder52
    Member OP

Another update today, mostly covering the end of the Kickstarter campaign, some clean-up and the status going forward.

-Update #35

The true challenge begins now!

We'll never forget how moved we were on May 5th...
    We are so deeply thankful to you all, from the bottoms of our hearts.

The Kickstarter updates going forward ――

From here on out, we'll be posting updates once a month to make sure we keep you all informed and don't let you down. In the updates, we'll give you the latest news on the development progress and other items, so please keep an eye out for them!

If your Kickstarter payment failed ――

Directly after the Kickstarter campaign ended, we received many messages from backers who were experiencing problems with getting their payments processed. About half of the backers that saw their Kickstarter payments failed at the end of the campaign managed to fix their issues during the grace period.

Unfortunately, we still have backers that were unable to fix their payment during Kickstarter’s automated grace period. In order to solve this problem, we are preparing to set up a PayPal account where you can make your payment to us.

Once preparations are complete, we’ll send out a separate update to all backers who were unable to process their payments on Kickstarter. Please just wait a little bit longer.

State of Development ――

Three weeks have passed since the campaign ended.

Now that the campaign is behind us, we are doing many things that are not very exciting nor very visual. We’re managing our funds, rescheduling our production plan, looking at overall game plan, and deciding on what all we’ll realistically be able to include in the game.

But this is still a very important step in game creation, and a necessary one that everyone at White Owls and Grounding has gone through numerous times.

We’re sorry we can’t provide you with new screenshots this time. But we believe that all our faithful supporters will understand and continue to trust in us!

Stretch Goals ――

At the end of our campaign, we managed to gather funds beyond our initial goal. However, as written earlier, there are still a large number of backers who were unable to successfully process their payments.

Solving these problems is our top priority right now. Therefore, we plan to decide how to use the additional funds after we first solve these problems. Once everything is in order, we’ll prepare a report for you!

The BitSummit ――

We took the playable demo of The Good Life to BitSummi, Japan’s biggest indie event. We met with many people who came to the event to cheer us on, play The Good Life, and also simply to greet us as backers. It was a very important event for us in that regard.

Two great things about this event are that it’s centered around indie games, which is rare for a Japanese event, and also that it takes place in Western Japan, where White Owls is located.

With that in mind, we took part in this event not only to introduce The Good Life to Japanese indies fans, but also to support a very important event for the Japanese game industry.

You can find a few pictures of our Bitsummit booth presence here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See you next update (next month)!

29. Cronen

Cronen

If your payment failed, do you get a message from Kickstarter to say so? I've not checked or heard anything from Kickstarter or my bank so I am assuming it went through ok?

30. PorcoLighto

PorcoLighto

Yeah it will ask, by email, you to fix the payment should it fail.

31. eXistor

eXistor

Completely on board for this, looks great.

32. Cronen

Cronen

Excellent, thanks!

33. JetSetRadio

JetSetRadio

So basically they can end up with a lot less money?

34. ara

ara

Good to know about that PayPal thing. Never managed to fix the payment failed issue on my end.

35. CannonFodder52

CannonFodder52
    Member OP

New update today. Pretty cool that a group from the dev team are going to be visiting and researching some rural English towns.
    There's also a new video on the Kickstarter page for this update, on the topic of level design and game world.

Update #36

36. CottonWolf

CottonWolf

lol at that spelling of Keswick, but yeah, they're good choices for places to visit. The Lakes are really one of the few places left that are archetypal arcadian England (for tourism reasons). The options would have been some of the more rural areas in the Shires (well, and Cornwall, but that has a completely different vibe). Glad they're commiting to fact finding though, the weird, well observed, details are core to Swery's games.