1. Hella

Hella

Omg Windows Store downloads are atrocious. It has to think about the download every five seconds.

But as I was typing this it seems to have kicked off, finally? So there is hope!

2. Windu

Windu

3. Starlatine

Starlatine

its going to be particularly bad right now while new zealand and half of the world are trying to download at the same time

just leave it trying and it will eventually work

4. PunishedSnake

PunishedSnake

I changed my region to New Zeland but I receive an error for the license acquisition when I try to download the game.
    EDIT: I fixed it. You need to reset Microsoft Store cache, so just start another download of a free app to do it, and State of Decay 2 will start downloading too.

5. Edge

Edge
    Community Resettler Member

Anyone?

6. Finally moved into the barricaded Shopping Mall. Nobody is using the watch tower at tall

7. Charpunk

Charpunk

How many slots does that base have?

8. vsMIC

vsMIC

was an infamous bug in the first game as well but got patched a bit later on.

9. Skagulis

Skagulis

One thing I miss from the first SoD is the ability to board up windows.

10. bshock

bshock

This is probably the first game I’ve been glad I had an Xbone to play. Digital crack. They just need to support it long term with bug fixes and content to be something great on the system.

Eyeing an X just to get better visuals but I’ve read it’s not that huge a leap from the S?

11. SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Downloading!

12. 13 total

3 Large Outdoor facilities

4 prebuild indoor

13. Tecnniqe

Tecnniqe

Personally I just waited until I could get the Mall.

Just finished building it and with outposts its a self sustaining base, good morale and no resource usage at all. With 4 outposts you can easily run it with +1/+1 of any resource you want, at least with how I built mine.

14. Adobe

Adobe

Strange, ive downloaded the game from NZ store. But in order to play it, I had to change the region of my xbox one x to NZ.

15. Hella

Hella

Yeah, it's working fine now. The first five minutes it kept stalling, but now it's going acceptably fast.

I think it was allocating files or something during the stops, differently than something like Steam, GOG, or Origin, in that it did it several times. But now that that it's past that it's been fine, thus far.

16. Edge

Edge

Interesting, I just hope I can keep my group happy until I have the 3000.

17. ghostcrew

ghostcrew

How big is the download on Windows?

18. SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

18,44GB

19. Starlatine

Starlatine

thats not strange. the console is going to realize youre not from new zealand if you don't and you're trying to play a game before launch day

having your console set to kiwi for a day wont kill ya

20. Pitchfork

Pitchfork

Cant wait to play this (big fan of original) but currently giving the house a makeover and wont be able to get on my Xbox until next week : (

Hopefully by then some of the bugs will be ironed out though so hey ho

21. It’s native 4K which is a huge jump as it is. The game also has higher resolution texture and runs on higher pc setttings than the regular Xbox version.

You know the S only upscales 4K right? it’s not more powerful than a normal Xbox.

22. Charpunk

Charpunk

So I assume the proper base building would be using outposts that generate key resources like food, meds, etc?

23. Windu

Windu

You have to keep it in that region until your region has access to it.

24. Edge

Edge

Excuse me? That game has one of the biggest leaps of all games so far.
    While the X version isn't a God of War or even Witcher 3, it's still a looker while the normal version looks straight like a last gen title.

25. Tecnniqe

Tecnniqe

Right now the only thing my outpost don't generate itself is meds due to the clinic taking -2 a day. This means in order to equal it out to +0 I need to have 2 outposts with +1/+1 meds, leaving a fully upgraded command center with 2 free slots which in turn means I can get +1/+1 of any resource I want with the two left over outposts while my base is at 0 upkeep cost, granting only a positive income of the resources I choose.

In theory I never need to leave my base, as I can make anything in it right now, including bullets.

Of course you still have the "oh shit I stepped on an ammo bag and it got ruined" kinda things I guess, so some up and down will happen, but all you need is 1 resource of each to keep morale up.

26. StayMe7o

StayMe7o

I was having the same issues with the Ultimate Edition but was given an explanation:

Edit: If anyone's having issues with Multiplayer on W10, make sure you go into your Gaming settings and enable "TruePlay".

27. Quoting so that I won’t forget

28. bshock

bshock

Oh really? I guess I had read the wrong information then. Guess I’m buying a X.

29. m43lstr0m

m43lstr0m

Really enjoying this on pc. Put about 10 hours in yesterday.

30. Complicated

Complicated

Well I'm 20 hours in. Got my base set up, but I have found zero people with Computer skills so I'm stuck at level 2. Cleared out all the plague hearts, my base is fairly sustainable, I'm taking out Juggernauts left and right, and getting around the map is pretty easy at this point. I think I need to either upgrade to a bigger base and take on more people, or move on to the next map which I'm unsure of how to do. Either way I am absolutely addicted to this game. Just like the first one it's got that Civilization pull of something always happening or on the verge of happening to keep you playing for hours past when you meant to log off.

31. Tecnniqe

Tecnniqe

Only 1 achievement left to get
    [​IMG]

32. Starlatine

Starlatine

and i havent even booted the game

you peeps are fast

33. Kage Maru

Kage Maru

Nice, that was one of the two bases I was considering but chose the base more center towards the left on the map. There's also a camp ground down south that looks good.

It's a pretty large leap actually. Looks much sharper and runs at higher settings.

That base sounds awesome. Will definitely take that over if I make it to that map.

34. Z0mbicide

Z0mbicide

You have to research the ability to move locations at your command center, I think the option is available after you upgrade it to level 2.

35. LanceX2

LanceX2

Oof not worth it

36. LanceX2

LanceX2

Youve beaten it 3 or 4 times?? The leader achievements are what im asking. Do you need 4 playthrus?

37. Starlatine

Starlatine

you do know you take twenty seconds tops to change the region of your console and that it has no limitations or restrictions right?

unless you really dont like new zealand. what have those hobbits done to you?

38. Complicated

Complicated

Ah yea I think I remember seeing that at some point, thanks. I'll probably just move on then as it seems like some resources are starting to get scarce in the map I'm on.

39. Edge

Edge

It's one button press in the console settings and one console restart.

Jesus people are lazy these days.

40. LanceX2

LanceX2

Is it risky to do that?

41. TheTurboFD

TheTurboFD

So beta saves carry over?

42. Edge

Edge

No and you have no restrictions, you swap around whenever you want. I use that to buy cheap games out of the US store while I'm from Germany.

43. LanceX2

LanceX2

Hmmmm..

Man....lol. May have to do it

44. How many leaders can you get in a community?

45. Tecnniqe

Tecnniqe

You need to complete 4 legacies, yeah so finish 4 communities. I got 2 more going atm which I use for coop and build on the biggest plots to see how far I can go and how bad things get over time if I don't do anything by hiding in my base :D

It's really not that hard with coop once you know how to complete the story but kinda defeats the purpose. It's pretty fun IMO and gives great benefits to the partner once you return. Gotten a few guns, ammo and medical supplies. All much needed and worth.

46. StayMe7o

StayMe7o

Just one, I believe.

I have no idea what happened, by my HUD disappeared and I'm trying to help a survivor haha

Edit: Wow, this is a game breaker; restart your game if it happens.

47. Queen Kong

Queen Kong
    kiri kiri kiri... Moderator

Downloading now. So excited!
    I hope the bugs won't be game breaking as some reviews have stated.

48. Wow that sucks. I ended up with a sheriff. Makes the field hospital worthless because I could always build an infirmary.

49. Tecnniqe

Tecnniqe

Not had any game breaking bugs happen. I've had a mission zone bug out so I couldn't complete it, but it was a not of importance one so it didn't do much. And I've put in like 40 or so odd hours by now.

50. SirMossyBloke

SirMossyBloke

This one of those stupid games that only give you fucked up resolution choices when Windows is set to 125% for icon sizes and such.

Very bloody annoying.