1. MrCarter

MrCarter

Nice thread! Put it on my watch list.

2. CQC

CQC

Idk if this has been posted, but I'd appreciate if Capcom would outsource Darkstalkers to ArcSys to do it justice.

Real talk, do fighting games other than Street Fighter have a future at Capcom?

3. TheEnd

TheEnd

Iron Galaxy would give it justice as well, or even Capcom themselves, providing they give it SFV’s animation/visuals budget.

4. CQC

CQC

IG is a good one. After Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite, I'm not so sure how much Capcom cares about their fighting games in terms of putting in some serious work in the presentation . SFV looks good, but just a few characters look a bit off. While MvCi is fun, it's a huge departure from MvC3 in the presentation aspect. I hated X-factor, but that game is gorgeous.

5. TheEnd

TheEnd

I still think that Capcom would probably end up doing it, Ryota Niitsuma isn’t involved with MvCI and he’s kinda of a big Darkstalkers fanboy, with the help of Ono, I wouldn’t be surprised if the two managed to convince the higher ups to greenlight a reboot.

6. CQC

CQC

Tin foil hat time.

Niitsuma had no involvement in MvCi because he is working on Vampire 4.

Sigh.

7. Can't wait for the Thread to be canceled, so I can blame the community.

8. jett

jett
    Community Resettler Member

Thanks for the thread. Capcom has always been one of my favorite devs.

p.s. Shinji Mikami Aladdin is best Aladdin.

[​IMG]

9. xianren

xianren

Hey Capcpom. Here is what you can do to restore my faith in you.

-Mega Man 11 please
    -Mega Man X9 with SNES style graphics and not that crap u gave us with x7 and x8, Mega Man and Zero should be the only playable characters.
    -An actual collection of all Mega Man games on one disc... Not this split collection thing u gave us and leaving out Megaman and Bass.
    -While I enjoyed my time with RE7, the first person view needs to go for the next game in the series... I want a fixed camera angle (Veronica style is fine, too) or 3rd person and hey, add some zombies. How about that capcpom?
    -Lets discuss the future of Dino Crisis... 3 sucked big time and you know it
    Reboot the series.....Make it action oriented like the 2nd game. ....3rd person view would fit the game well...add online co-op and local/split-screen

10. MrCarter

MrCarter

Not sure if this is a troll post or?

11. El Sabroso

El Sabroso

they come to my mind as well specially in how KI was done

12. CD99

CD99

A joke about what happened to Megaman Legends 3, I assume.

13. Zombie Fred

Zombie Fred

You don't get many games like this no more :(

14. lucebuce

lucebuce

[​IMG]

15. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
    Crisis Dino - Snake is in Smash Moderator OP

If capcom would work with third party developers again. But just go for quality over lowest bidder. There’d probably be a good chunk of developers who’d take capcom up on their offers. Capcom really lucks out with how many old IPs they have which still have a fanbase.

16. TheEnd

TheEnd

Yeah, didn’t Cyberconnect2 want to develop MML3?

17. Oh, I'm not discounting that. I actually like it quite a bit, but it really needs a PS4 port with steady fps.

Uh, on topic, REmake has incredible level design, that mansion is perfect.

18. vala

vala

Really looking forward to:

MH World
    New Itsuno game
    New Ampo game
    Remake 2

19. Tizoc

Tizoc

I feel it is my obligation to drop some Capcom (or to be more fair, Street Fighter :V) knowledge on you unenlightened toddlers.
    Here is a quick one that is Street Fighter and Final Fight canon
    This dog from the Final Fight Bay stage
    [​IMG]
    (Sorry couldn't find a better image :S)

Is friends with Guile's pet dog.
    It's canon

Also this was Capcom's attempt at Pokemon, Granbo
    [​IMG]

and Stock Breaker Shun never got localized
    [​IMG]
    I dunno if it was in the same level of absurdiness as Gyakuten/AA, but I'd love to play a fan translation of it :P

Oh and Capcom released this during the last years of the PSOne
    [​IMG]

There was also Gaia Master, a board game that got released on PSOne, Dreamcast and the Gameboy line
    [​IMG]

It is available on JP PSN

Anyone played Gaist Crusher? Were any of the game good or have any noteworthy gameplay?

20. CD99

CD99

21. Tizoc

Tizoc

Fuck yeah one of my favourite videos.

It's funny how Haggar became the face of Final Fight.

It's a shame that the Muscle Bomber series may never get a re-release ToT

22. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Never heard of that Pokemon attempt and that stock market game. I vaguely recall Gaia Master in some form.
    Guess I can't complain too much about Dino Crisis when stuff like this really is forgotten.

23. Tizoc

Tizoc

Posting some Tetsuo Hara goodness
    I am still surprised that they actually managed to get Tetsuo Hara to do art for them, that's just so random and cool.

This is the ONE Capcom game where I don't mind the name changes mainly because in japan some WWF, etc. wrestlers had different names or titles in the Japanese wrestling circuit.

24. vala

vala

Another unknow Capcom game:

Fushigi Deka
    Released in 2000
    Directed by Kazuhiro Aoyama ( RE 3 director)
    Lead artist Hiroshi Shibata ( RE 4 lead gameplay designer)
    Music by Shusaku Uchiyama ( RE 2 & 4)
    and produced by MIKAMI!

[​IMG]

25. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

What in the fuck. I love this.

26. Tizoc

Tizoc

Now THIS is what I'm talking about.
    Finding out about obscure games from devs is always a treat, thanks mate!

EDIT: My Japanese is kinda shite but the title means 'Mystery Police' right?

27. vala

vala

Yeah, something like Mystery Detective i believe...
    Btw, if you can read japanese, here are the full credits:
    http://raido.moe/staff/ps1/ps1_fushigi_deka.html
    It seems it was a very small and experimental production

28. Ryce

Ryce

I can't believe Capcom Fighting All-Stars hasn't been released digitally. It was practically finished before it was canned. I'd still like to try it out even if it sucks.

29. that's hard core =) how can anyone notice details like that =)

30. Tizoc

Tizoc

It is mentioned in one of the Capcom documents from some 20 or so years ago. The connection was made during the CPS1 SF2 era.

31. Joe2187

Joe2187

We need capcom to make a new Wrestling Game. They've got tons of characters from the Final Fight Games, Slam Masters games and the entirety of R Mikas Female wrestling League to build an amazing roster from.

32. RiderKairuu

RiderKairuu

Damn this thread is supplying me with games I didn't know about and games I didn't know I wanted!

33. johnnydork

johnnydork

I came here to hype Okami HD

34. Selina

Selina
    Lady of Dragonstone Administrator

Patiently waiting for DMC5.

35. mao2

mao2

Nice OT Jawmuncher! Also congrats to Luulubuu for the best first post ever!

I was watching some gameplay videos of Final Fight 2 and 3 and suddenly I feel like playing them again. Please release a collection with all the Final Fight games Capcom!!

36. Dahbomb

Dahbomb

Capcom needs a new PR person for their fighting games. They are hiring.

37. OniBaka

OniBaka

You should apply

38. Nick C

Nick C

You have Dino Crisis in there but no Deep Down?

39. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

I wonder who they'll replace for the Fighting Game PR.
    Especially with the requirements they have. Can't imagine that's all that common to have all that education and experience along with being top tier in the FGC

40. Tizoc

Tizoc

Capcom are a big part of my childhood...or whatever you call one's 10-14 age period :V
    Back in the arcade I frequented they had these 3 arcade cabinets and me and my brothers would play them any time we went there. Great times

41. Luulubuu

Luulubuu

I make good memes

"Halloween? More like HADOUWEEN"

42. CD99

CD99

The arcade near my house has an AvP machine, a MvC2 machine, Mega Man Power Battle machine and 3rd Strike machine. I’m really hoping they get a Darkstalkers machine sooner or later....

43. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Mad jealous about the AVP machine. I still have never seen one

44. MrCarter

MrCarter

I thought I’d put this in here just in case we get the whole “Capcom is DOOMED I tell you DOOOOMED” talk. Now, I know the company seens to be stable and net sales are improving YOY but I’m pretty sure, with some smart decisions, they can improve it way more.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e170427b.html

45. CD99

CD99

It’s really great. Lynn is best girl. Does Capcom own her, or is there legal fuckery?

46. Zero-ELEC

Zero-ELEC

Unknown. She's in the background of a stage in one of the Street Fighter Alpha/Zero games, but they apprently replaced her with Simone when they were planing on using her in Cannon Spike.

47. Drayco21

Drayco21

Well, she was in the background of some Street Fighter stages. On the other hand, she was also clearly supposed to be in Cannon Spike, and they recolored her into an original character, so who knows?

48. Shadoken

Shadoken

Why is it that Capcom adds all platforms for their newer games. Like how RE5 has PS3,XB,DL and gold editions..etc included.

Yet for their older games like SF2 is strictly the SNES version. And it doesnt include Genesis version or Turbo..etc.
    Heck even Alpha 3 is 1m only for the PS1 version. The Saturn and Dreamcast versions sold 500k in Japan alone.

Am sure RE4 would be up there if they added PS2,Wii..etc too.

49. Sesha

Sesha

Each title listed is a specific SKU. So if RE5 has multiple consoles listed, then they're the same SKUs.

50. petran79

petran79

Sega vs Nintendo and Konami vs Capcom.
    Best games ever produced