1. Bjones

Bjones

I thought it was and purchased it for my PS4. If I knew it was coming to switch I would have waited. Not a hug dealnits still a fun game either way but it would have actually made me use my switch as a portable device.

2. Lord Brady

Lord Brady

And half as good.

3. MrHeisenbird

MrHeisenbird

Yeah +3 million sales on one platform is a pretty bad flop.
    LMAO. Do not fight the Bandicoot. Just let it happen.

4. SNRUB

SNRUB

Man, the salt in this thread lmao.

5. Zarckoh

Zarckoh

Yeah because GTAV and MK8 stopped selling when they got ported to new platforms.

Just because it's a port doesn't decreases the popularity of said game especially one from a game that charted many weeks last year.

6. Regret

Regret

Nice try putting words in my mouth, I never said that.

7. Chronospherics

Chronospherics
    Games User Researcher at Player Research Verafied

Crash seems like it has had a huge impact on the UK generally.

Like, I see people wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirts and whatnot, more often than I see Mario stuff. I think the UK really bought into Crash and Spyro back in the 90s.

8. Sebastopa

Sebastopa

How does N Sane Trilogy sales compare to Mario Odyssey in the UK?

9. MrHeisenbird

MrHeisenbird

Sorry. It's a popular tactic on social media.

But to be fair, I'm sure Activision is just happy that Crash wasn't the waste of time that he's been for his earlier multiplatform releases.

10. ~Fake

~Fake

Its a cultural stuff.
    [​IMG]

11. Man, Crash is HUGE in the UK. Good for Vicarious Visions on the success.

12. Rei

Rei

The game seems perfect for handheld. Good news really. Hope we will get a new Crash game in the future.

13. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

I think it's a good way to show how different cultures appreciate different games, but of course you get people here with their playground mentality of "Mario is cooler your game sucks".

Like here in the UK, it went Speccy>C64>Amiga>Master System>Mega Drive>PS1>GBC for Pokemon for most people. It was only with the PS2 and Xbox where it stopped being one console dominating a gen in all honesty.

14. Meelow

Meelow

You know, some people have a talent to try turn positive news into negative.

15. Gotdatmoney

Gotdatmoney

Its better to sell more units on a higher install base at the end of the day. Like selling great for a Vita game is not the same as selling well in general. Like wise 4m units on PS4 with its huge base is better than what ever relativw comparison can be made. Raw numbers trump attach rate.

16. ghibli99

ghibli99

Anecdotally, I'll say that's very true. Some of my coworkers in the UK are absolutely bonkers for the orange bandicoot and purple dragon, more so than any other mascot. The amount of merch they have is staggering!

17. Mister X

Mister X

Crash is huge in Europe.

18. Dr. Zoidberg

Dr. Zoidberg

This is basically where I am. I enjoyed the first 3 games years ago and I bought the Trilogy on PS4 but don't go in expecting top-tier game mechanics. They are fun diversions, perfectly average. I felt the same way back then.

19. SNRUB

SNRUB

People are still stuck in 1996 apparently.

20. Basically every Switch third party Digital Foundry thread

Actually just every Switch third party thread

21. Switch owners giving that love for a Naughty Dog game
    What a time to be alive

22. apeAsnake

apeAsnake

UK likes bad games. Jk but yeah after playing Crash Nsane recently it confirmed I don't like it. I'd rather they remaster something like Crash Twinsanity that one was fun but wholly incomplete

23. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

without people like Psycho Mantis, others have to step up to the plate

24. AM_LIGHT

AM_LIGHT

This is crazy i didn't know TF was released for 50$ . imo Nintendo should have released the game on the switch for 40$ a more than fair price or at least should've included Country return as a package.

25. PCPace

PCPace

Why do people in the UK love these games so much? They're... Ok, but there have been so many better Switch titles released this year.

26. VeePs

VeePs

I remember all the posts saying "Why would Activision port this to other systems?! Anyone who wants this game would've bought it for PS4!!!"

I sold my PS4 copy and bought a Switch copy. Seems like the Xbox One version is selling at a nice pace too.

27. kickz

kickz

We need sequels NOW

28. Metalingus

Metalingus

Remember when people said no one wanted Crash?

29. Regret

Regret

I remember that false narrative, lol. Kinda sad in retrospect.

30. SNRUB

SNRUB

Because they’ve always been good and held up pretty well. It doesn’t hurt to have other games out there that aren’t Mario.

31. Nocturnowl

Nocturnowl

The real takeaway from this is that Nintendo should now greenlight a DKC trilogy remaster and ride that wave.
    Nineties mascot platformer trilogies starting off in Jungles is IN right now.

32. 99humanity

99humanity

Future Tense and the bonus level in Stormy Ascent, and the general quality of the remake make me excited for a VV crash game. I only hope it's all platforming and pretty much scraps all the Crash 3 powerups though

33. fantomena

fantomena

I don't care about labels. Just like RDR 2. It's PS4/Xbone only until it's not.

34. UK? This sold incredibly well world wide.

35. BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Seems to be doing pretty well? #15 is pretty darn good considering the summer sale is going on right now.

36. AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

This is interesting news.

37. BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Tbh anyone with a brain and common sense knew it was multiplatform.

38. Braaier

Braaier

No, that's not true. What's your evidence?

39. fantomena

fantomena

I knew it was going to be released on PC, but thinking it's not until it was announced is easier for me.

40. PS1 was massive in the UK and Mainland Europe, so naturally these games are popular.

41. Good, now please announce the New Crash game... I cannot wait to get my hands on a newly fresh adventure in Crash universe from VV.

I’m so happy the franchise is back to the front line again <3

42. Black_Red

Black_Red

I'll never understand the success of crash.

I liked it when I had a PSX but yeah, playing it now its hard to see what the game did well, it looks like I didnt know any better, its like when I played Bubsy in my cousing SNES and I loved it because we had like 3 snes games lol.

I bough the re,aster trilogy as a gift for a kid, and played like 5 minutes of it.

43. LordKano

LordKano

I guess it was sad too when it was the top seller on PS4 last year.

44. Alot of that has to do with the absolute strangle hold sony had and has on the uk, playstation is huge there and id argue that playstation nostalgia there i.e crash and spyro is probably larger then even nintendo nostalgia

45. Chronospherics

Chronospherics
    Games User Researcher at Player Research Verafied

Yeah.

I was actually in the elevator with a guy just two days ago who was wearing a t-shirt with the Crash Bandicoot trilogy artwork on the front. I asked if he had played the remaster and he said no, he didn't own a console but he just really loved crash. Just anecdotal stuff but you see it all the time in the UK.

46. N.Domixis

N.Domixis

The fanboys said that. The reason he died was because the new games wherent even crash games.

47. BernardoOne

BernardoOne

The IP belongs to Activision. All the copyright info showed they fully owned the game.
    Not a single time Sony touted it as a full exclusive, and if they had full exclusive of it they would be shouting it from the rooftops.

48. 99humanity

99humanity

yeah having a really sad time playing one of my favorite games in bed

49. Nocturnowl

Nocturnowl

Continuing the UK bandicoot anecdotes, I saw a middle aged woman with her two kids plodding along in a Crash t-shirt just three days ago.
    You'd think it'd be the other way round, but such is the power of Crash in Blighty.

That said I've never felt that Spyro had nearly the same amount of hooks in the public consciousness as the Crash n' Lara combo, I guess we'll see when that trilogy drops.

50. WrenchNinja

WrenchNinja