1. Dark1x

Dark1x
    Digital Foundry Verafied

Yeah. Just trying to find an interesting angle.

2. papercan

papercan

[​IMG]

3. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

We are?

4. Sweet! Thanks! :)

5. Saucer

Saucer
    Banned Member

So this it what happens when you release a third party Switch game at the same time for a franchise that doesn't already have a huge prexisting online installbase.

Even in its weakest territory.

6. TheBaldwin

TheBaldwin

BUT NOBODY WANTS CRASH, ERA TOLD ME SO

7. Preferably one where the screen of the Switch doesn't reflect too much.

8. Crash bigger than Mario confirmed

9. Custard

Custard
    Banned Member

It was the playstation game to have back in the day along with Spyro, loads of us late 20's - mid 30's grew up playing them. Regardless of whether some of us have moved to xbox we all still love Crash, in particular the classic games. Same thing will happen with Spyro.

10. tiebreaker

tiebreaker

At first I thought of all time, which would be crazy. Still a good thing though.

11. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

Yep. Spyro was never as big as Crash, but those two, along with Lara Croft, were the icons of that gen.

12. ~Fake

~Fake

[​IMG]

13. Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

they love(d) sonic too

14. Terraforce

Terraforce

PS4 sold over 2.5 million in three months and is probably sitting comfortably over 4 million by now. There’s no chance Switch alone will surpass that.

15. hotcyder

hotcyder

Gonna go ahead and fix that for ya

He's the quintessential British Gentleman. He rebels against authority and eats copious amounts of big fruits.

16. Shakka43

Shakka43

Crash proving his mascot superiority even out of its confort zone (Playstation) :p

17. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

I still find it hilarious how people last year were saying that no one cares about Crash and he was never that popular, even those the original trilogy sold between 3-5 million+ per entry back in the day.

18. impact

impact

Not surprised at all. Probably the best Switch game of the year with Tropical Freeze.

19. Danlord

Danlord

This was taken in GAME Edinburgh (Waverly Mall) -

[​IMG]

<3 Crash Bandicoot

(FYI: The candles smell pretty nice, very tropical as you can imagine a Wompa fruit smelling)

20. SNRUB

SNRUB

It’s also #1 on the Xbox store (thanks to Motwera ):
    [​IMG]

AND #1 on Amazon UK’s top-selling Xbox games:

This game has legs, son. Long, looooong legs.

21. ~Fake

~Fake

22. shaneo632

shaneo632

Not surprised. It's only like £26 and boasts like 20 hours of content. Damn good deal.

23. Donkey Kong will strike back one the series gets an original game on Switch.

24. Teeny

Teeny

The price definitely makes it stand out in the Switch's retail lineup...

I waited for it on Switch for portability and it's fantastic. Well deserved :)

25. Bjones

Bjones

Not bad for a game everyone thought was ps exclusive.

26. Fisty

Fisty

Hey guys remember: CRASH WAS NEVER GOOD

27. Arthands

Arthands

And they almost skipped Nintendo Switch for this game.

28. P-MAC

P-MAC

We just have shit taste in games. As a gamer from the UK I really can't explain it. 99% of the people I know who own a PS4 but aren't "hardcore gamers" are only interested in Fifa and COD. Like, they don't even consider looking into any other games, unless they're gonna REALLY push the boat out to like, Battlefield and NBA 2K at most. Adults playing colourful games such as Nintendo games here are often considered childish unfortunately...Now with all that said, around the time the N Sane trilogy came about, those same people who would never look at another 3D Platformer shat their absolute pants, as if Crash Bandicoot was the sum of their entire childhood and they'd never experienced something so beautifully nostalgic. I really can't explain it but that little guy is loved here unreasonably, often by people with zero interest in gaming or platformers otherwise.

29. Pablo Mesa

Pablo Mesa

god bless that lone soul that made it possible

30. Oscarzx n

Oscarzx n

Crash is also a port of one of the best selling games last year on PS4, more people played it than every Wii U port, which have higher chances to be a new game for the general consumer.

31. MisterHero

MisterHero

you know what would boost it

crash in smash

32. Stygr

Stygr

Only fanboys thought the game was a ps exclusive one year ago

33. 9-Volt

9-Volt

So, I take it Kirby isn't a huge franchise in UK? I mean it's one of rare Nintendo franchises that almost always pass 1m mark in Japan.

34. TheKeyPit

TheKeyPit

gg Activision

35. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

Nope, not in the slightest.

36. Bonejack

Bonejack

This dude should be in for a big bonus, a raise or a promotion ... or all of that. Did way more than he (or she?) had to and that led to a seemingly viable additional source of income.

37. fantomena

fantomena

Having the thought that a game is exclusive until it's been announced for other plattforms is not fanboyism. It's simply to ease the pain.

38. Roo

Roo

Really happy for it.
    And to think it almost didn’t make it to the system. smh, Activision, smh.

Amazing game is still amazing.

39. ~Fake

~Fake

I thought I had seen it all in this forum. First downplaying Crash, then downplaying NS and now downplaying UK.
    C'mon era.

40. Rommaz

Rommaz

LMAO. I'm taking this as the canon reason.
    It's amazing how well this game keeps doing. It was a good move to not make it fully exclusive.

41. MrHeisenbird

MrHeisenbird

N.Sane Trilogy was a brand new game last year.

It's old news now. The bulk of its popularity and sales came and went with the PS4 release.

42. Beatle

Beatle

Why is it irrelevant?
    Attach ratio tells us if a game is selling best on any particular platform, or did I find myself in bizzaro land again :P

43. softfocus

softfocus

Fair play. The UK goes nuts for Crash. Funny seeing as it's usually only FIFA and GTA that sells over here.
    Spyro port has got to be a sure thing now. (sorry if that's port begging)

44. Regret

Regret

Between this and the Switch sales, Activision probably regrets the timed exclusivity bullshit. Could've been even bigger if released on all consoles at the same time. I expect more day-of releases like Spyro from this point forward.

45. DMVfan123

DMVfan123

So a new entry is all but confirmed
    Playing it on my PS4 right now, glad to hear that it's doing well on other systems!

46. Mister X

Mister X

Make video about crash pls ;)

47. Aaron

Aaron

Everyone who said “who cares about Crash/Spyro anymore, no kid knows who hey are, nostalgia won’t sell” missed the boat by so much and it was so obvious even before the PS4 remaster released how huge it would be.

48. Stygr

Stygr

No, the game never had the "Only on Playstation " label and people were still arguing about the exclusivity saying Crash N.Sane was 100% a PS4 exclusive and it's not coming on other consoles. It was clear from the beginning, Sony had 1 year deal with Activision.

There's a difference between saying: "Crash N Sane is a PS4 exclusive in 2017 " and "Crash won't come to other consoles because the original games were ps1 titles"

49. Legacy

Legacy

They better thank that developer who initially worked on the port solo

50. Jimnymebob

Jimnymebob

And if you do, make sure you complain about the PS3 PS1 Classics version of Crash 2 not supporting analogue for some bizarre reason.