1. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Look Trailer | Origins Trailer | Ressurection Trailer | Power Struggle Trailer | Family Fights Back Trailer

Main Cast
    Cress Williams as Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning
    China Anne McClain as Jennifer Pierce
    Nafessa Williams as Anissa Pierce
    Christine Adams as Lynn Pierce
    James Remar as Peter Gambi
    Damon Gupton as Inspector Henderson
    Marvin 'Krondon' Jones III as Tobias Whale

Recurring or Guest Stars
    Kyanna Simone Simpson as Kiesha
    Edwina Findley as Tori Whale
    Chantal Thuy as Grace Choi
    Jill Scott as Lady Eve

[​IMG]

Questions and Answers:
    How many episodes will there be? At least thirteen, the CW has a habit of ordering more after the first few episodes have aired.
    Who is running the show? Mara Brock Akil and her husband Salim Akil known for Being Mary Jane and that is about it.
    Will Black Lightning be a part of the Arrowverse? No. At least not yet, Mark Pedowitz, president of The CW said in May 2017 that the series "at this time, is not part of the Arrowverse. It is a separate situation." However, the showrunners have not ruled out crossovers in the future. As well the cast wants to do a crossover in the future. Supergirl was not originally part of the Arrowverse either so anything can happen.
    Will the show follow a villain of the week format? No, Salim Akil said the show would not follow a procedural format and instead wanted to "explore the characters, even the villains".
    Who is the villain of season one? The 100 Gang led by Tobias Whale.
    Are Thunder and Lightning going to be a part of the show? Yes. Both of Jefferson Pierce's daughters will appear. However, it does not appear as though they are active heroes yet only just discovering their powers.
    Is Static going to show up? Salim Akil wants Virgil to show up but as of now, nothing official has been planned.
    Are there any other DC characters the show will adapt? As with any show, there are interviews in which the showrunners display who they want to adapt, besides Static another that has been referenced is Metamorpho.
    Is the show any good? It will likely be on par with other Berlanti Productions shows so when you tune in you know what you are getting. Early reviews have been good. If you like it great if not, hey why not give it a go and make up your own mind.
    Is there a consistently updated Spotify playlist I can listen to? Yes, here you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ZeroX

ZeroX

How the fuck was Static Pops not the title

It was the one damn thing I specified

(Nice job otherwise)

3. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

I must have missed that somewhere along the way. My bad.

I also missed a space in the title between Lightning and |OT|. Whoops.

4. Medalion

Medalion

I wish this show well... but I have almost no interest in it, other than an obligation I feel to watch DC TV since I watch everything else.

5. DreamMakers

DreamMakers
    Banned Member

I'd prefer a static tv show but i can fuck with this for now

6. I like the synopsis, but I’m going cautious with this.

(And yes, because it’s a CW show)

7. ody

ody
    Community Resettler Member

Please be good!

8. Lotus

Lotus

Ah, it's nearly time huh

9. Joni

Joni

More episodes won't be ordered this season , no CW show that started mid season ever got more episodes. They will just consider giving next year more episodes.

10. When is this airing?

11. ody

ody

Tuesday! After Flash

12. UltimateHigh

UltimateHigh

If the reviews are decent, I'll probably make this my first CW superhero show.

13. D65

D65

Too many DC TV shows. I'll never catch up.

14. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

Didn't Legends get a midseason order of three more episodes?

15. Penguin

Penguin
    The Mushroom Kingdom Knight Moderator

Should have been "Get Lit" but do you mind if I throw up time/date in thread title?

16. Mariolee

Mariolee

Collider review from a bit back got me hyped. Will give it a chance.

17. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

Sure but maybe make it general like Tuesdays at 9/8 c. Also if you don't mind throw a space between the end of Lightning and |OT|. Thanks.

18. caliph95

caliph95

is it weird I'm more excited about the daughters than the title hero

19. Lotus

Lotus

No

20. caliph95

caliph95

I thought so

it's why I'm excited him being a father to two daughters with super power add more dimensions and differentiate him from other heroes

[​IMG]

21. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

I am still 50/50 on the outfit but I am excited to see Thunder and Lightning as much as I am to see Black Lightning on screen. Some heroes don't get their due in other media so it nice to see it happening.

22. BLOODED_hands

BLOODED_hands

Oh hey. *watched*

Nice OT by the way.

Should be a fun show.

23. Top of the goggle design is the thing throwing it off for me. Looks upside down or something.

24. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

Alos if people are interested the World Premiere of the pilot was held just a few hours ago and there are some opinions on twitter from people who were there: https://twitter.com/hashtag/blacklightning?lang=en

I scrolled through for a bit overwhelmingly positive.

25. ZeroX

ZeroX

Her and Curtis both drawing power from the Hair Force

26. Penguin

Penguin
    The Mushroom Kingdom Knight Moderator

Some reviews are out there

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...lack-lightning-has-powerful-spark/1025240001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/15/...-a-purpose.html?smid=tw-nytimesarts&smtyp=cur

https://nypost.com/2018/01/07/black-lightning-gives-the-cw-a-long-overdue-jolt-of-diversity/

27. ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Rave review by THR. So excited for this:

28. caliph95

caliph95

Ok now I'm legit lit fam

as I'm actually excited

29. ody

ody

If its good then all they need to do is get rid of those awful costumes :D

30. BLOODED_hands

BLOODED_hands

Reviews sound good right now. Hype levels slightly higher than usual lol.

31. Lotus

Lotus

But I haven't given you my review yet

32. caliph95

caliph95

[​IMG]

33. Lotus

Lotus

[​IMG]

34. JSevere

JSevere

really looking forward to the premiere tomorrow night. been getting more and more excited for the show the more I hear about it

some quotes from creator Salim Akil from an interview he did with THR

35. Mario_Bones

Mario_Bones

It looks like Australians have to wait until next week to watch it, but it'll be up on Netflix. The whole season probably won't be up at once but they might add the first two episodes so we can catch up? - https://www.netflix.com/au/title/80178687

36. Effect

Effect

DVR is set in case I miss it. Looking forward to this!

37. BIGLukas

BIGLukas

All that sounds really, really great. I love the DC CW shows but having one be so different from the others is going to be very refreshing.

38. BLOODED_hands

BLOODED_hands

I'm fine with it being only 3 seasons. It can get alot done in that amount of time.

39. ZeroX

ZeroX

Good stuff, love that approach.

40. ZeroX

ZeroX

SEASON PREMIERE TONIGHT!

#1.01 "The Resurrection"

First Look Trailer
    Resurrection Trailer
    Power Struggle Trailer
    Family Fights Back Trailer
    Preview Scene
    Preview Scene #2
    Rotten Tomatoes: 100% Fresh
    SERIES PREMIERE — Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is a man wrestling with a secret. As the father of Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Ann McClain), and principal of a charter high school that also serves as a safe-haven for young people in a neighborhood overrun by gang violence, he is a hero in his community. Nine years ago, Pierce was a hero of a different sort. Gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, he used those powers to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning, but he left the Superhero days behind. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. Christine Adams, James Remar, Damon Gupton and Marvin Jones III also star. The episode was written and directed by Salim Akil (#101).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

41. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy

Got my DVR set to watch after work.

42. Ricker

Ricker

This will be on Netflix,one week behind...anyone know if it will be 4K HDR ?...might wait till next week to start watching...I mean my satellite TV shows at 720P,upscaled to 4K still look okay but it should look a lot better on Netflix.

43. tmdorsey

tmdorsey

In the US?

44. Ricker

Ricker

Well in Canada anyway...

45. Yagyujubei

Yagyujubei

I hope Static appears in the show in the first or second season if only in a cameo.

46. Silver-Streak

Silver-Streak

I really hope this is good. Other than the costume, I like everything I've seen about the show. (Cast, direction, potential plotlines).

47. pewpewtora

pewpewtora

I haven't watched any of the dc shows, but this one looks interesting so I think I'll check it out.

48. BeardedMan01

BeardedMan01
    Member OP

Hope everyone enjoys the episode. I am on the road tonight and won't be able to watch till later. I have a good feeling about this one.

49. BlackGhost

BlackGhost

HEY! LISTEN!
    Lesss do this

50. Stunner911

Stunner911

Hope this is good