1. kmfdmpig

kmfdmpig

Woof. I thought the last one was pretty bad/dumb, so no I can't even imagine how bad this one will be.

2. LilWayneSuckz

LilWayneSuckz

[*]Making a sub-clone of the hybrid dinosaur that led to the deaths of many people
    • The stupid dinosaur conservation group, led by the person who assisted in creating the dinosaur that led to the deaths of possibly dozens (or more) people and the loss of possibly thousands of jobs
    • The weird non-reasoning for bringing your neurotic IT person on a dangerous trip to an island of loose dinosaurs and a volcano thats about to erupt
    • The dumb reasoning for the clone girl to release the dinosaurs; just because you are a clone, does not make you any similar to a frog-dinosaur hybrid
    • Making it seem like releasing 12 different dinosaurs from a lab will result in the world being overrun by dinosaurs
    I'm sure there are more issues, but those were extremely noticeable IMO.

3. FTF

FTF

Damn it's at 54% with a 5.8 score? Well that sucks :/

4. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Wow, movie is already at almost $400m internationally.

5. Mr. Pointy

Mr. Pointy

I definitely think it's worth a matinee, because there are some good moments in it and I do think it's better to watch it with a crowd. I'd struggle to recommend it at full price.

6. Gravidee

Gravidee

Well, after seeing the tomatometer and the impressions here, my expectations have dropped dramatically. Should still be good for dino action though, right?

7. Valkerion

Valkerion

This will be the first movie shown in IMAX in my town when the theater is renovated for it in July so... I'm gonna watch it, been rolling Dino Crisis as well so that also could factor into why I want to see it.

8. Think like the movie Gravity. That was a movie made to be seen in theatres, outside of it the movie loses a lot of impact. Hence why no one ever mentions it lol.

9. DarkLordMalik

DarkLordMalik

I can't disagree with your issues here tbh. I just turned off my mind from the story to just enjoy it for the dinosaur action and I got exactly that.

There were some great scenes too IMO.

The opening was not only tense, it was beautifully shot. It managed to get the attention of everyone.
    The volcano escape was sadly spoiled by the trailers so it lost the impact it should have, but the ending of that sequence with the long neck dino was sad :(
    Indoraptor was a great design. It might be another hybrid dino and they used some dumb tactics to give the main cast some advantage when they should be killed instantly but his introduction showing how smart he was got the theater laughing. It was a weird moment for comedy out in the middle of something serious but it worked well.
    The ending was a letdown for me personally. Blue vs. Indoraptor felt weak and didn't make much sense on how they played it out.

Regarding the ending which I didn't like as much
    They didn't show how the giant ass water dino made it to the city? Uness I missed something.

10. THE GUY

THE GUY

Saw this the other day with family. Thought it was pretty decent. Not as enjoyable as the first Jurassic World, but still better than the Jurassic Park sequels. The first act and most of the second was pretty good, but the final act wasn't a good way to cap it off. It kinds of turns from being an adventure movie into something else entirely. The opening scene was pretty great. Solid blockbuster overall.

In regards to your second spoiler:
    It escapes at the beginning the movie when they fail to close the underwater gate.

11. DarkLordMalik

DarkLordMalik

Thanks for reminding me. I had forgotten about the door remaining open for the dino to make it out. Nevertheless, the cool beach shot was already spoiled in trailers :(

12. Timu

Timu

55% again, guess it'll stay around that.

13. rrc1594

rrc1594

Claire Dearing is a terrible character.

14. Cuburger

Cuburger

This sounds like it turned out to be pretty bad.

I thought JW was really mediocre but this sounds like it's all over the place, messy, cartoonish, and flashes of good ideas with some underbaked execution.

I think I might like it as a hokey B-Movie that is unintentionally funny and might have some ideas that I've thought would be interesting to explore with the franchise (though it doesn't sound like the execution is all that good or complete).

I'm intrigued for all the wrong reasons, but at least that is more than JW had going for it for me.

15. Mr. Sam

Mr. Sam

This honestly made me look back on Jurassic World more favourably and, as the early pages of this thread will prove, I hate Jurassic World.

16. LilWayneSuckz

LilWayneSuckz

At the beginning of the movie they open the gate keeping the water dino to get Indominus Rex's bones.

EDIT: Beaten

17. Olaf

Olaf

The list of moronic plot points and dumb decisions by characters is so long. I love this franchise, I even liked JP3, but these new movies are disgusting in their lack of any common sense. If I turned my brain off enough to enjoy this movie I'd fall into a coma.

18. Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

19. Kirblar

Kirblar

Probably gonna see this with MoviePass out of morbid curiosity like I did w/ Justice League.

20. Netherscourge

Netherscourge

No feathers on the Rock?

21. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

Wow, what happened?

22. Rvaan

Rvaan

They let Colin Trevorrow write the movie.

23. Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

Also this happened.

24. Camwi

Camwi

Not the slightest bit surprised this movie sucks. Didn't understand the appeal of Jurassic World, other than "hey, remember this?"

25. Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

This movie does that, while being an almost shot for shot remake of The Lost World.

26. Slayven

Slayven
    You probably post about me on another board. Moderator

I read the spoilers and the only thing i heard was about 300 million guns cocking

27. Camwi

Camwi

That's really embarrassing. :/

28. DeepSearch

DeepSearch

Watched a sneak peek showing last night and was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Sure it has some questionable steps, but once the film found its footing it was a really enjoyable ride. Seems like a lot of folks are dumping on it, but at least it had the dignity to not kill a dinosaur with gymnastics.

29. Skel1ingt0n

Skel1ingt0n

I get bored to death with the vast majority of marvel movies and this forum praises them and RT hit 90+%.

I end up throughly enjoying this film and everyone is shitting on it and it’s verified rotten.

I swear I’m not just trying to be contrarian.

At least we can all agree Fury Road and Raid 2 are phenomenal.

Some of the camera work in jw2 was better than any shot in most major blockbuster from the last couple years.

30. J_Viper

J_Viper

Oh man Double Toasted's review has me thinking I need to see this ASAP

31. LilWayneSuckz

LilWayneSuckz

They're doing much dumber things than that IMO.

32. Rhaknar

Rhaknar

went back a few pages and didnt see Stuckmann's review so here it is

He didnt care for it at all

33. LilWayneSuckz

LilWayneSuckz

I agreed with everything he said in that video.

34. yikes so this isn't even fun atleast? lol

35. jviggy43

jviggy43

Went in hoping for either dumb fun or so bad it's funny. I got neither :-/

36. Gonzalez

Gonzalez

The bloom is off the Chris Pratt rose.

...Shame.

37. Well, it’s been out for two weeks pretty much everywhere but the US

38. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur
    Community Resettler Member

It is, at times. But overall the movie frustrated and disappointed me - despite having some slick as hell direction, with great visuals.

39. Timu

Timu

It's at 50%...

40. LiK

LiK

trailers looked awful so not surprised.

41. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur
    Community Resettler Member

I fault the trailer for showing too much, but I no longer fault them for mislabeling the movie as something poor. The movie the trailers sell is the movie we get, that's for sure.

42. Timu

Timu

Now at 49%...percentage wise this is the lowest of the JP movies, but average wise it had an edge over TLW and JP3.

43. Gotta love how Universal and company have so far been able to make only *one* JP film that was at least a decent(ly-reviewed) movie in the 25 years since the original.

And speaking of which, gotta love how for a new JP movie releasing on the original's 25th anniversary, the best Universal could come up with was Fallen Kingdom...

44. Arebours

Arebours

I don't think I've ever seen a movie more than twice in the cinema. I don't think I've ever wanted to see a movie again so soon even when I loved it. I can sorta see two viewings as resonable if you really loved it, but anything beyond that.. how is that even interesting or fun anymore? Wouldn't you get a more interesting and stimulating experience by seeing something new instead?

45. TehPotentialz

TehPotentialz

Most disappointing movie I've seen since alien covenant.

They really need to just stop with the weaponizing dinosaurs thing. It's crap. Everything in this whole movie was extremely predictable. The best thing to me was why is this apparenntly billion dollar company spending what would be hundreds of millions to get the dinosaurs off the island only to sell them for like 150 million? They would have spent more than they made, and even then they didn't even need to do it because they had the stupid lab made dinosaur anyway.

It was just dumb. With every passing movie I think they're just ruining the legacy of the first movie.

46. HammerFace

HammerFace

Wow I didn’t realize so many people didn’t enjoy it. I wasn’t expecting much and ended up having a much better time with this movie than the first Jurassic World.

47. Stouffers

Stouffers

I really enjoyed it. Best Jurassic anything since the original.

48. ascii42

ascii42

They needed Blue in particular. So they could make compliant dinosaurs.

49. Rendering...

Rendering...

It was surprisingly bad. Makes the first Jurassic World look like the original JP by comparison.

50. chrisPjelly

chrisPjelly

Just saw the movie and... wow. What a fucking trainwreck. What a BEAUTIFUL fucking trainwreck. The plot is complete garbage and REEEKS of Book of Henry-esque writing...

Buuuut, the plot twists and outcomes are sooooooooooo dumb that they horseshoe back to being glorious to watch and laugh at. While there are some really good ideas there, don't go into this movie expecting something that's anything in line with the original trilogy or even Jurassic World.