4. Calamari Mata Hari

47 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. Thor 2: The Dark World

102 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. Gabora

Gabora

I think it would be funnier if nothing happens to the Shield team, a way of saying "sorry guys, you weren't invited to the party" lol

2. Not necessarily. But it depends on how A4 pans out.

If years pass after IW and then things get rewritten in A4 things could literally reset back to how they were previously meaning there'd be little change. Or they could write those changes in for next season, if they get one.

3. Magwik

Magwik

I have a hard time believing that any Marvel show will go much into the events from IW. It's a total logistical nightmare considering the rumored premise of 4.

4. Samsquanchewans

Samsquanchewans
    User Permed at their request Member

So they're trying to prevent the end of the world in the show, and they're probably gonna succeed in the end.

only for it to get fucked by someone else entirely

Lol

5. Samsquanchewans

Samsquanchewans
    User Permed at their request Member

Or make the season 5 irrelevant by using the TS

6. Sturoboros

Sturoboros

Well I'm already looking forward to the first season of & Dagger.

7. Magwik

Magwik

With how much they have talked about multiple timelines and such, I wouldn't be shocked if the team ended up deviating from the "original" timeline into their own.

8. Egg0

Egg0

Bruhhhhhhhhh

This episode got me almost as shook as IW.

9. CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Easy solution to the Infinity War situation. When Shield went back in time, they went into a different timeline where Thanos never appeared. The Candyman was just talking about some creep exposing himself on New York trains when he was asking Daisy about NY. Bigger twist, that creep was Gary Busey.

I mean, sure, that would take away some of what the show had going on (being a part of the MCU), but dammit I want more of this show and I don't give a crap how they have to twist things to make it happen!

10. Egg0

Egg0

“Hey where did Davis go? He was just here.”

“Who cares.”

11. Sturoboros

Sturoboros

"Thinking about it just makes me sick."

12. atamize

atamize

Really enjoy Marvel's Corridors of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Also makes you wonder why Ruby spent her whole life training when any idiot could just walk into the gravitonium chamber and become the destroyer.

13. iosefe

iosefe

I want to hear Davis' story

14. Fuzzy

Fuzzy

It tied a series low for demo (0.4) with last week and set a new series low in total viewers (1.626 million). All said, better than I expected.

15. Lotus

Lotus

Talbot is no fool!

16. mreddie

mreddie

Honestly at this point, I think AoS left the MCU timeline in a way...

That's all I'll say. Plus, it really feels like this is gonna end end and they are going out with that bang.

17. Honestly, in MCU New York he could’ve been talking about anything. Could be the mess with Jessica Jones and fam for all we know, haha. But it’s hard to imagine the season won’t end with some serious fallout from IW.

18. Htown

Htown

it's gotta be

the ring ship showing up and the first fight

19. Egg0

Egg0

They must've known beforehand that IW was getting moved up.

Or that one sentence was easy enough to shoot after the fact.

20. Kirblar

Kirblar

I doubt Jake Busey is all that busy.

21. josh924

josh924

Just curious...was Talbot on AoS ever tied to Thunderbolt Ross at all? I don't keep up with the comics, so literally the only other time I remember seeing Talbot was as Ross's lapdog in the 90's Hulk animated show.

22. Shugga

Shugga

.. this season is getting ridiculous

23. Yeah, I’m sure. But it just seemed like such a generic statement when NY is full of powered people and crazy shit is probably in the news every day.

24. firehawk12

firehawk12

I mean, even the Netflix shows keep doing that. lol

25. Egg0

Egg0

I hope future seasons of the netflix shows refer to IW as "The 2nd Incident."

26. firehawk12

firehawk12

It feels like the Netflix shows keep falling further and further behind the timeline or something so maybe on Daredevil season 10. :p

27. vivftp

vivftp

Well of course they would have to keep IW talk to a bare minimum. If Agents of Shield spoiled anything big for IW on opening day for the movie then there'd be hell to pay. All things considered, they did a good job of separating what's going on here from the film.

28. jelly

jelly

That was an amazing episode. Love Agents of Shield.

29. BKatastrophe

BKatastrophe

This show is just fucking bonkers.

Bonkers, I say. Definitely up there for my twists I was never expecting.

YoYo’s line about “we don’t know who’s in control” to Talbot is way more relevant now. Quinn, Hall, and a brain-damaged-Hydra-programmed Talbot.

I also like how he specifically took Coulson.

Now then, remember what Centipede did to Garrett: they needed Kree blood to make it work, not just Jiaying. And Ruby had only absorbed 8% of the gravitonium and killing her caused a surge enough knock out all electronics jn the area for a period of time. Talbot absorbed 92%.
    Nah
    Aside from them both being US military, no. They were in completely different branches of the military as well.

30. Cuburger

Cuburger

There is no way the New York line was a reference to IW. Either IW has to happen in a time period after this season ends or we have to see the effects of IW play out in the show.

There is no other way.

31. BrokenFiction

BrokenFiction

Mark Kolpack said on Twitter we're now in real time.

32. ClownsAreATen

ClownsAreATen

edit: lol sorry I didn't see this was in reference to another post.

33. DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Yup, so good.

34. jph139

jph139

When Talbot walked through that door, with the beard, and started squishing guys I was like - goddammit. Of course he's Graviton. The beard! It was right in front of our eyes all along!

35. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

I've seen a few people say the reference to IW was lame. I feel like people missed the point of that. That wasn't "the tie-in." That was simply to let the audience know where the show is in the timeline so that we know Infinity War is happening literally right now.

There are three episodes left this season. Chances are that by the season finale, we're going to see the impact of the end of Infinity War.

Oh. And Talbot is fucking Graviton. WHAT.

36. iosefe

iosefe

|OT| you don't know the Gravity of the situation

37. BKatastrophe

BKatastrophe

Fixed

38. TheOMan

TheOMan

Winner.

39. BKatastrophe

BKatastrophe

A curious query I have for thee today: how did Aida research Inhumans in the Framework? Everyone in the Framework was a digital construct, either fabricated or copied. So where did all the Inhuman data come from that she used to infuse herself with powers? It seems like the Inhumans they were researching were specific to the Framework (as in we didn't see them in the real world), so where did she get the data to use to "study" Inhumans. Did she get it all from SHIELD's database? Were all those Inhumans already logged in the database and she was just cobbling that shit together within the Framework?
    Ruby was engineered and educated to be the perfect soldier and leader. Basically conditioned to be a super soldier. The problem is that she lacked resolve. She believed she deserved the power and wanted it given to her, she had no desire to actually earn it, so she couldn't take on the infusion process because she lacked the resolve, and therefore strength to do so.

Talbot had complete and utter resolve. "If I do this, then I can fix it." Without a second thought. It wasn't just about power, it was about a solution to the problem and a shot at redemption. Plus Talbot's head is so fucked up, taking in two more minds was like "eh whatevs." Unlike Creel and Ruby, who are all there, so to speak.

40. Sturoboros

Sturoboros

They could have drawn from ANYTHING in the trailers or TV sports that have already been shown.

41. Jason Frost

Jason Frost

[​IMG]

42. StudioTan

StudioTan

Jake Busey just has that kind of face where I can't completely buy him as a good guy, I'm just waiting for him to backstab someone at any moment LOL

43. Sturoboros

Sturoboros

I've been trying to place who Jake Busey actually was, and struggling to not think he's actually Josh Homme from QOTSA.

44. Emperor Ham

Emperor Ham

He was also in Starship Troopers.

45. BKatastrophe

BKatastrophe

His acting also is him way overselling "I'm a good guy who totally is on your side and is completely floored by how weird and unexpected this all is! Totally!"

46. squall23

squall23

FLYING MAN! I mean, GRAVITON!

Nice upgrade for Adrian Pasdar.

47. Bufbaf

Bufbaf

I have no Idea why Talbot would even be in the race for the gravitonium machine, given that others "trained their whole life" and still didn't make it fully, but I totally dig the idea of turning him into Graviton, now that he's somewhat unhinged. It's a really well-done plot spanning so many seasons, I can't imagine they planned it from the start, but yeah it works really well. The SHIELD writing staff is great at coming up with these story connections.

48. Dark_Chris

Dark_Chris

I wonder if
    some of the cast dissapears at the end of next weeks episode. I'm not sure how long Vakanda fight took place after the NY battle.

This whole episode of AoS happened in what feels like a few hours. If they move on similiar speed, we may actually feel IW fallout in the final episode and not next one, hmm.

49. Khanimus

Khanimus

Unless A4 takes place like a year later instead of just days or something, they can't resolve that until later next year, and it's totally out of the characters' control or understanding.

50. Dark_Chris

Dark_Chris

Well sure, but
    just like in A3 only the secondary characters dies. Also it's rumored A4 takes place 5years after the A3 ending.