1. Jonneh

Jonneh
    GameXplain Moderator

You can dive onto Cappy and then you get one more dive after

2. PKthndr

PKthndr

I am a guest of the bride and I accept the invitation to play Super Mario Odyssey.

I will be attending the release of Super Mario Odyssey on October the 27th. My copy has shipped, and I am so ready to dig in. This OT is legendary.

Thank you again for the invitation.

Kind regards, PKthndr.

3. thebullfrog

thebullfrog

The speedrun optimizations are going to be something to behold.

4. Just inject this inside me.

5. On the second throw you don't actually bounce on the hat, you just dive right through it. (Though I think someone confirmed you do get a proper reset if you dive into a moon?) You can, however, walljump -> stall with throw -> change direction -> walljump for a long time, though, because I think the loss of vertical momentum isn't that big.

Either way, speedruns will be insane once people figure out how to chain 10 different moves together heh. Can't wait!
    E: beaten.

6. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Oh, so you can literally "only" do it twice? Thank god, I thought it was infinite... that would've been ridiculous, essentially destroying the purpose of crouch-long jumping.

7. Harle

Harle

Can't talk about the game, but both OTs are perfect.

8. Camjo-Z

Camjo-Z

This game is incredible. Every time I get to a new kingdom I scour it trying to find all the Power Moons, and by the time I leave and check the list on the world map I see I've still missed a ton.

9. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

The possibilities feel like they're massive. Can't wait for the community to evolve, especially the speedrun one!

10. silkysmooth

silkysmooth

Fucking Best Buy. One of the amiibo I ordered is going to ship late so they are being slimy fucks and delaying my entire order. Still hasn't shipped and probably won't until tomorrow meaning I won't get it until Monday. I just want to play the game over the weekend after working all week :(

11. PhazonBlazer

PhazonBlazer

Didn't the Japanese version unlock earlier than they said it would?

12. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Question #2 (sorry, I keep coming up with the questions after I've made a post and it's been answered).

Are there moons in the game that requires you to grab them at a later point? Like, if I see a moon at the first map, is it going to be reachable without me having to backtrack to it later when I've gotten X-item/ability?

13. Yoma

Yoma

Sick OT!

14. Psychotron

Psychotron

Tomorrow will be the longest work day in history.

15. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD

I don't think I'll be able to handle reading how y'all enjoy this while I have to wait until tomorrow lol. I'll visit this thread again after I had at least one hour with the game myself. Have fun everybody. Can't wait.

16. BlueRose

BlueRose

Great OP TheMoon! I only played for twenty minutes after the game unlocked last night in Australia. I can’t wait to dive in today.

17. BFIB

BFIB

My copy is delivered. Completely unexpected, 2 hrs of work to go!

18. Jonneh

Jonneh
    GameXplain Moderator

Mario has all his moves from the word go but
    there are boxes in every Kingdom that open up once you beat the game. These unleash even more Moons.

19. Okay this game has the best level of all time. You know what I mean when you see it.

20. mJay

mJay

(She's kind)

21. Rob

Rob

This will be the first mainline/non-spin off Mario game I've gotten at launch ever.

22. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Interesting...

Also, I know that you can purchase moons... are these purchasable as a way of saying "fuck it, I don't want to grab that moon. I'll just buy it"? Or are the purchasable moons exclusive to that particular shop?

23. mauaus

mauaus

Im stumped im missing the last moon thats on the
    Floating platform
    , oh and 4 purple coins... The hint is pretty clear but ive tried *almost* everything

Edit: Cascade Kingdom

24. dcassell

dcassell

I have never been more excited for a game as long as I can remember. Maybe when Halo 2 was coming out?

Best Buy releases it on the west coast at 9:00 near me. I'll be in line at 8 and will be up too late to play it. Cannot wait.

25. memoryman3

memoryman3

I was not going to get this game for petty reasons but now...

SOLD!

26. Isee

Isee

This game sure is something special.

Also, that thread title.... excellent!

27. Jonneh

Jonneh
    GameXplain Moderator

Yeah there are Moons exclusive to each store. Coins are more valuable than ever in Odyssey. They're your consequence for death, you can buy moons with them and you can also buy costumes. You can also pay Hint Toad 50 coins to get a rough location of where Moons are. So you can't buy those moons but you can narrow it down. (A Parrot will also give you hints to Moons by telling you their names)

28. Roytheone

Roytheone

I just watched the giant bomb quick look and had a smile on my face the whole video. And that's only watching!

29. Fenrisulvur

Fenrisulvur

I haven't been this excited for a Mario game since 64. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow after work. I've put a stop on starting anything new as I know come tomorrow that this will be all that I'll be playing for awhile.

30. Jonneh

Jonneh
    GameXplain Moderator

Is lack of Daisy really a petty reason? :P

31. PrintedCrayon

PrintedCrayon

Excellent OT.

I am so unbelievably ready for this game. I must say, it’s certainly the first ever 6/5 I’ve ever seen given.

Nintendo really upped their game this year and Mario Odyssey is going to be the icing on the cake.

32. There are some things that can only be accessible after you do some missions inside a Kingdom (for example, a P-Switch challenge might be blocked until you complete the Kingdom's Story), but nothing that I can think of regarding items/abilities, with the exception of the area that you can only access using one of the Kingdom's Regional Costumes. As far as I know, there's one 'type of moon' that's an exception - if you see a moon in a platform super far away and you have no idea how to access it, forget about that one - it'll become obvious how to get it later. There's also the cubes, which you can only access later.

You should forget about that one for now. As for the purple coins, Cappy will say if you're missing any when you enter a side area, so that might help?

There's one mission per Kingdom (with few exceptions) for buying one moon from a shop. These do not replace any other mission.

E: wow I type slow ;-;

33. Toon Link

Toon Link
    Love & Respect Moderator

Nice OT.

My copy cannot get here soon enough. *hyperventilates*

Edit: Caught the references in both letters lol.

34. Animekatt

Animekatt

Very nice OT! I’m truly excited in playing this tomorrow.

35. Yoshichan

Yoshichan

I'm so fucking sold on this game.

This might just be my GotY... but Breath of the god damn Wild stands in the way. I can't wait to get my hands on this. Unfortunately it'll have to wait a few weeks :( It sucks... the game will be old and no one will be talking about it when I finally get to play it ._.

36. Heartskips

Heartskips

She got in Mario Run, Maybe someday you'll get your wish granted, but until then have fun with Mario.

37. SPRidley

SPRidley

That peach letter is smarter that I thought at first glance. Bravo OP, great OT.
    Cant wait to buy it tomorrow.

38. mauaus

mauaus

Got it, Thanks! guess ill move on for now :)

39. KidInsomnia

KidInsomnia

creamium omfg huuuggg

(also amazing OT(s) Moon)

40. Zan

Zan

Where can you even rent games anymore? Legit curious.

41. fantomena

fantomena

Will there be a day 1/launch patch? Pressing on the game icon on my Switch says there's a software update available, but can't download it cause the game has not released yet.

42. karkii

karkii

Oooooh, now I get the title and OP. That's pretty clever.

43. RyougaSaotome

RyougaSaotome

Currently downloading~

So excited!

44. Kain-Nosgoth

Kain-Nosgoth

does anyone has the guide yet? What do we get when we find all the moons?

45. JetBlackPanda

JetBlackPanda

Switch is portable! Get some moons in on the toilette.

46. TheMoon

TheMoon
    |OT| Member OP

Thanks.

No relation btw. These are not the moons you're looking for *swoosh* :)

47. pariah164

pariah164

Oh man. 9 PM can't come soon enough.

48. Maiar_m

Maiar_m

TheMoon The letters are amazing. You're a cheeky satellite.

49. Dragonzdogma

Dragonzdogma

Is there a hidden meaning between the two OTs?

50. daase ko

daase ko

Innocently going for watching streams, I didn't know people have been playing all day... at least the fanservice is high level.