1. denx

denx

I prefer the Jurassic franchise going full sci-fi/monster movie than keep retreading the same old formula over and over again.

2. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur
    Community Resettler Member

It's a fucking absurdly dumb plot point

it was also one of Spielberg's requirements to get JP4 made

3. vulva

vulva

It's almost like the Jurassic movies were always aggressively stupid.

4. chrisPjelly

chrisPjelly

Am I crazy, or did Dr. Wu get stabbed with Dino DNA aswell? Or was that just a tranq?

5. The Driver

The Driver

It’s even better knowing Trevorrow wrote this, and the guy fucking wrote the first Jurassic World! Man can’t even be bothered to remember his own junky ass movie.
    As a kid who obsessed over JP toy lines growing up I appreciate ur posts in this thread buddy.

You got any Chaos Effect prototypes lying around or what?

6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster

Haha I was never much for hoarding those resin prototypes back in the day...

7. Fallen Kingdom may have been dumber than Michael Bay Transformers, tbh

8. DrEvil

DrEvil
    Developer Verafied

The only way JW2 gets salvaged is if JW3 has like a 15 year time jump, and dinosaurs roam wild, attacking humans at random, and it follows a small group of people throughout, as they get picked off one by one.

Almost a 28 days later meets jurassic park.

And it ends on a downer. No one saves the day. Maybe one or two of our protagionists makes it out alive - but the message is - this is their world now, this is what we must do to survive. Dinosaurs are now the apex predator. Not us.

9. At least Fallen Kingdom had likable characters.

10. It did?

11. Bishop89

Bishop89

Spielberg should direct the next one. Only one I have faith in bringing the magic

12. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Glad you were able to make this public -- would love to see more art!

13. Shogmaster

Shogmaster

The 2017 JW programs has been over for a while so it should be fine to show. I don't think I saved anything else sketches wise for this program. I have the style guide as a pdf but something tells me you do too. ;)

14. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur

Did you do a sketches for Dino Hybrid? I recently learned that early on that had more planned than just some merch, almost led to some absurd transmedia programs

15. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake

Spend 30 million dollars on super raptor.

Super raptor can't even kill a little girl.

Rethink future investments.

16. Shogmaster

Shogmaster

No. That was before I started helping out on the JW license there.

17. Commedieu

Commedieu

Yeah it's stupid.

18. scitek

scitek

I can't believe Connolly and Trevorrow actually shoehorned two aspects of this joke from The Critic into the movie (the skeleton key bit, and a raptor opening a door). Like they thought it'd be a clever nod or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nerv5YEiJok

19. D i Z

D i Z

It's been a nerd fantasy ever since there was such a thing as marketing feedback. You get what you ask for, I guess.

20. dennett316

dennett316

I'd like the next movie to be a full on dino action film. Grant, Malcolm and Ellie Sattler are heading up a task force put together to clean up the mess of dinosaurs being loose in the world. First half of the movie is them recovering the dinos that escaped, or eliminating the ones that can't be tranked. 2nd half sees shit go bananas as reports start coming in of fucked up dinosaur hybrids created by those who bought dinos in the last movie. They tried to engineer some new shit and it went wrong.
    The task force needs to eliminate those new freakish threats.
    Get in a group of badasses headed up by Owen and Claire. Owen utilises Blue as a tracker/attack dino. The human cloning shit is quietly dropped, because that kind of thing gets in the way of the action. If they want to go really bonkers, have all the "real" dinosaurs be controllable/trainable now. I want to see Chris Pratt riding a T-Rex into battle against a bunch of mutant dino science experiments. If it's gonna be dumb, go full on dumb.

21. Kaizer

Kaizer

Anybody else imagining this playing out in a Devilman Crybaby-like scenario. Would love to see this in actual movie - dinosaurs just fucking tearing angels to shreds.

22. SteamyPunk

SteamyPunk

I only watched the first 20 minutes or so of Ant-man, but I was also blown away by how dumb it is in that movie to want to use that technology primarily for military use. It's a terrible business move and you risk the company being nationalized by the government.

Tiny pterodactyls with guns attached though, that could work!

23. BBboy20

BBboy20

You know, if the movie like just had Pratt's character emptied the whole assault rifle's magazine and show cased an up close look of all the smashed bullets just falling down from it as it raised itself up, maybe then it would have informed the audience that "oh, so that's why it it's a big deal".