1. RustyNails

RustyNails

[​IMG]

2. Nappuccino

Nappuccino

Got to keep it reality TV because ratings matter when you're . . . the president of the United States of America.

3. Kusagari

Kusagari

Trump making him come to D.C. twice to be turned down would be lol.

4. ned_ballad

ned_ballad

Hardiman is still the only one with prepared PR content, as far as we know.

5. Ac30

Ac30

Would be peak Trump though
    Someone's gotta convince him Hardiman would give him killer ratings, nobody expects the pivot

6. Hopfrog

Hopfrog

My standard operating procedure with Trump has been to assume that most any decision that he has complete control over typically leads to him making the worse possible choice, so it will probably be Kavanaugh or Barrett.

8. ned_ballad

ned_ballad

Yea, this is totally the same thing as officially telling people to prepare pro-Hardiman remarks. You got it.

9. studyguy

studyguy

Trump is just isn't in the pocket of corporate... Big Boob?

10. JVIDICAN

JVIDICAN

Twist: Trump brings up all 3, asks Congress to nuke filibuster and stack the court.

11. shadow_shogun

shadow_shogun

12. BWoog

BWoog

They did make one for Hardiman too, so he's still in the running.

I've pretty much written off Barrett at this point and think its between Kavanaugh and Hardiman.

13. Autodidact

Autodidact

Read the replies. They made one of the websites for Hardiman, too. Hedging their bets.

14. Ac30

Ac30

But crazy cult lady was basically made for Trump

15. Brock Reiher

Brock Reiher

She's a woman

16. Linkura

Linkura

Weekly Standard, nope....

17. Teggy

Teggy

18. BWoog

BWoog

Yeah but A.) She's a woman and b.) If he's going to go with a nutbar, better to go with a nutbar who believes that the President is a God like Kavanaugh.

It really comes down to does he trust his sister more than his worry that he really will get impeached.

19. Linkura

Linkura

20. Kusagari

Kusagari

Remember that he also doesn’t trust Kavanaugh because of the Bush connection.

The fact that he thinks the president is God is the one thing in his favor.

21. JustinP

JustinP

hmmm... could there be some way to trick conservatives into thinking scientific knowledge is coming from some magical book so they don't get triggered any time science says something is good and they automatically act like it's bad?

22. plagiarize

plagiarize
    Mighty Jagrafess Moderator

No way I'm naturalizing right now. No fucking way.

Yes it means you can't have my vote, but you can have my campaign contributions.

23. Ac30

Ac30

Lol seriously? What Bush connection would that be?
    True.

24. patientzero

patientzero

"After George W. Bush became president in 2001, Kavanaugh served for two years as Senior Associate Counsel and Associate Counsel to the President.[10] In that capacity, he worked on the numerous constitutional, legal, and ethical issues handled by that office. Starting in 2003, he served as Assistant to the President and as the White House Staff Secretary.[10] In that capacity, he was responsible for coordinating all documents to and from the president."

"President George W. Bush first nominated Kavanaugh to the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit on July 25, 2003, to a vacancy created by Judge Laurence Silberman, who took senior status in November 2000.[15] Kavanaugh's nomination was stalled in the Senate for nearly three years. Democratic Senators accused him of being too partisan, with Senator Dick Durbin calling him the "Forrest Gump of Republican politics."[16]

The United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary recommended confirmation on a 10–8 party-line vote on May 11, 2006, and Kavanaugh was thereafter confirmed to the court[17][18][19] by the U.S. Senate on May 26, 2006 by a vote of 57–36. On June 1, 2006, he was sworn in by Justice Anthony Kennedy, for whom he had previously clerked, during a special Rose Garden ceremony at the White House.[20] Kavanaugh was the fourth judge nominated to the D.C. Circuit by Bush and confirmed by the United States Senate. "

25. skullmuffins

skullmuffins

He was a WH lawyer and Staff Secretary for W

26. BWoog

BWoog

I actually hadn't seen a picture of Trump's sister before but is it like a requirement that to be a Trump, you have to have weird fucking hair?

[​IMG]

27. Soul Skater

Soul Skater

Which is the most important factor. Trump doesn’t really care about any policy outside self preservation. Think he will be the pick

but please dear god may it be Hardiman please

28. Ac30

Ac30

Ah, thanks.

Let's hope it ain't him then.

29. Solid AZ polls today with Sinema continuing to defeat all opponents.

I wish we'd get more TN polling.

30. EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon

Nothing but respect for my future analytics-fan president.

31. PantherLotus

PantherLotus

y'all fallin for the reality show today i see. smh

32. BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/world/europe/donald-trump-nato-summit-russia-putin.html

33. sangreal

sangreal

That's not a requirement for the job. Kagan was never a judge, for instance

Ivanka isn't even a lawyer though

34. Linkura

Linkura

I was talking about why Trump's sister's opinion might be more valuable to Trump thank Ivanka's. Because his sister is a judge.

35. You don't have to be a lawyer either. Anyone can be nominated and confirmed. I suggest Michelle Wolf to join the supremes.

36. B-Dubs

B-Dubs
    Oh well, what the hell Moderator

If Ivanka gets put on the court at least we'd have clear justification, that you can't argue against, to remove and replace her.

37. Y2Kev

Y2Kev

The fact that you all want Hardiman should tell you it’s not hardiman.

38. RustyNails

RustyNails

Trump is a dumbfuck tho. He'd put Larry the Cable Guy as justice if Hannity phoned him late night and said it would be great.

39. Tamanon

Tamanon

It's Kavanaugh.

Every other time we've heard of a Trump female family member influencing policy, he's gone the exact opposite.

40. Kavanaugh just skyrocketed to 80c on PredictIt.

41. Stinkles

Stinkles
    343 Industries Verafied

Trump isn't even picking the judge. He's picking the one they told him to.

42. Ogodei

Ogodei

Yup. He only picks nasty fights because he's stupid enough to think it'll be a big win. NFL protests, Muslim ban, DACA, he thought these were brilliant plays. He doesn't want to be hated, he wants to be loved and to crush his enemies.

43. BoboBrazil

BoboBrazil

Kavanaugh is the one that said a president can't be indicted so of course he was always going to pick him.

44. Wilsongt

Wilsongt

#walkaway and maybe #demexit possibly a russian scam?!

45. Suiko

Suiko

I'm confused why this is now a story, I swear we were talking about it days ago.

46. ObiWan

ObiWan

Yep. He barely has the faculties to know who actually works for him and that may or may not be in the same room much less who would be qualified. He's given a list and is probably going with who has the easiest name to remember or sounds the coolest like he's naming his own RPG character.

I assume anything that magically appears and is throttling social media with hashtags like that are Russian scams and bots.

47. chadskin

chadskin

It's going to be Hardiman because McConnell feels bad about the whole Garland episode ...

[​IMG]

48. Suiko

Suiko

Let's see if Twitter continues it's cleanup, I have a smidge of hope. Up from no chance in hell 2 months ago.

Edit: To further elaborate, a report was out showing a plethora of accounts removed over two months, to the point where it's badly starting to hurt their numbers. That's real change, which is more than I can say for Facebook right now.

49. Casa

Casa

So in his confirmation hearings when the Dems ask him directly if he thinks a President can be indicted and he replies "no," what then? Surely then not a single Dem will vote yes I would hope?

50. chadskin

chadskin