4. Calamari Mata Hari

47 vote(s)
    15.1%
  5. Thor 2: The Dark World

102 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. Vic_Viper

Vic_Viper

Did we ever get a scene similar to this yet?

[​IMG]

Was hoping we would have in the 100th episode.

2. Lotus

Lotus

Holy shit what an episode.

3. CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Looking forward to seeing people on Youtube reacting to this episode later. I'm usually pretty straight faced watching this (or any) show, but my jaw literally dropped a little at that Fitz reveal. One of the best episodes in the entire series.

4. Rellyrell28

Rellyrell28

..................................................WOW

5. Lonestar

Lonestar
    Unconfirmed Moderator

I’m going to throw out a huuuuuge guess of who it is at the end.

The Red Skull

Tv version

6. SRG01

SRG01

Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT.

THIS SHOW NEVER DISAPPOINTS.

7. BrokenFiction

BrokenFiction

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!

o.O

8. vivftp

vivftp

Nah, I can't see them doing that since they try to remain consistent within the greater MCU.

Didn't see the Fitz swerve coming, and loved it.

Very curious about the Hydra connection at the end. We know Hive was created by the Kree, maybe they represented a group within the Kree called Hydra? It's not a perfect theory though, I rewatched the episode where Hive was recounting his origin story. He stated the Kree created the first Inhumans and those people were Daisy's ancestors. He then addressed the Hydra folks in the room and said their ancestors went on to form Hydra.

Oh well, excited to see where this goes!

9. BrokenFiction

BrokenFiction

Was the text on the wall behind Hale non-sensical or did it have meaning?

10. Lonestar

Lonestar
    Unconfirmed Moderator

It can probably be translated, Kree letters have shown up and been translated before (like the door to Future yoyo’s room)

https://www.reddit.com/r/shield/comments/7ooblx/fun_games_kree_writing_super_mild_spoiler/

I’m just throwing it out there.

what peaked my interest was how he said hail hydra. It reminds me of the fake German accent that Weaving used. Otherwise he’s in complete shadow. I’m doubting he’d ever make it to the big screen again, not in time to interact with Evan’s Cap. Let me have this!

But the more probable outcome, is that it’s Kassius’ father, as a younger Kree. Think he mentioned that rage goop was a tradition passed down from his father

11. PhotonicBrain

PhotonicBrain

Holy Hell

What a great episode.

12. HellBlazer

HellBlazer

Hydra again? C'mon...

Not sure about the Fitz twist. That will certainly bring some interesting character dynamics... but I always hate that two-characters-are-the-same-person-without-realizing-it trope. It just seems so improbable and far-fetched.

13. maximumzero

maximumzero

Watched the first four episodes tonight. Hoping to blast through the whole series by the time Infinity War arrives.

14. Kirblar

Kirblar

Fitz actually disassociating makes complete sense in context though.

15. BrokenFiction

BrokenFiction

Surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

16. DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Yeah, that was nicely done.

17. HellBlazer

HellBlazer

True enough, it does make more sense than usual, considering the whole framework thing.

18. Lonestar

Lonestar
    Unconfirmed Moderator

As said in the episode, Fitz has “seen” people that aren’t there before. Post-brain injury, seeing fake Jemma in season 2.

19. DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Here we go, from one of the ep review articles, it's Peter Mensah.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0579795/

Listening to one of the Spartacus clips on youtube I definitely hear it. He's also got that same grin that we see a bit of from the shadows. :)

20. Tetsujin

Tetsujin

Looks like he was in Incredible Hulk as a different character:

[​IMG]

21. DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Cool, I forgot about that since it's been so long.

22. CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Watch Shield make the big bad this season be a character nobody remembers from the one MCU movie that is hardly an MCU movie. And knowing Shield, they'd somehow still knock that shit outta the park.

23. Well damn that was an amazing episode.

24. Fitz is literally a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

25. ClownsAreATen

ClownsAreATen

it was staring us in the face this whole time!

26. DangerMouse

DangerMouse

It just keeps getting bigger and better. They need to get to keep going.

27. BrokenFiction

BrokenFiction

Layers upon layers.

Best writing room on TV.

28. Saifu

Saifu

Damn man, Framework really fucked up Fitz.

29. jph139

jph139

Yeah, I actually really liked what they did with Fitz in this episode. Callbacks to Season 2 with the stammering and shaking and hallucinations. Guy had some serious brain damage, and they keep hammering in the fact they've been going at full speed for almost two whole seasons now. Something's gotta give.

It's the sort of twist that would have been VERY dumb if it weren't for the specific character and context. It's a bit of a cliche but it was deployed perfectly.

30. Cuburger

Cuburger

I loved the last 20 minutes of that episode.

That Fitz betrayal hit hard. I was legit screaming at Fitz to do something to evil Fitz to get him to stop hurting Daisy and devastated when they revealed it was actually Fitz that had done all the stuff. I don't know if he can come back from that, it's like the writers went, "yeah, you thought we'd just let Nazi Fitz be a dream in the Framework and everyone would forget how he killed people? You know we have to bring that into the real world!" The only thing that I think makes me want to believe Fitz can be saved is that Gemma still believes in him and Deke's speech about what his mother told him about what a great man Fitz is.

Btw how great was that scene? I had tears in my eyes the whole time. I've been pretty indifferent to Deke this whole season outside of being a comic relief and having a feeling his purpose would be as a relative to someone important. It's really added a great dynamic to his character to not only be the grandson of Fitz and Simmons but to see him get to know his grandparents in a way that he never got to in his normal timeline. It endears me to the character because now he's family.

I'm really going to miss this show when it's done. The writers and showrunners are so damn good at what they do.

I've been hoping they'd do something with that revelation about the formation of HYDRA and Hive. It would probably be my most wanted plot thread in this show to get tied up since it has so many ties to factions like the Kree, the Inhumans, and HYDRA in this show, all of which play very important roles in the show. It would go a long way to redeeming season 3 for me since at least it would feel like that season built up to something more.

31. Gambit

Gambit

Easily the best episode of this season for me. Finally I feel we're back to Season 4 level of quality (the future storyline went on for too long, I thought).

Fantastic all around. It being real Fitz who does this to Daisy made it outstanding.

If Simmons is really pregnant then it could even mean that Fitz-Simmons as a couple are over. Deke's mother would already be on the way.

Imagine what a shock that would be for the Fitz-Simmons fans (like me).

32. Lotus

Lotus

I was fucking shaking when Fitz was torturing her. So hard to watch. Damn, they really love taking away Daisy's autonomy this season.

33. Lotus

Lotus

Lmao this. For awhile now, I thought it was kind of weird, even though they took their time w/ it, that Fitz was more or less okay after what Ward did. To know that it's still there, along with his Framework experience excaberating it is some damn good writing. And I remember when some naively thought that the Framework arc would be pointless because there'd be no stakes. So much for that, as we're still feeling the ramfications of that arc.

34. Grazzt

Grazzt

What an episode! Definitely the best so far in this season.
    Based on what Deke said, nah, they will still be a couple. And Gemma even said she agreed that they should do something different and "make harder choices".

35. Lotus

Lotus

Never forget, Gemma can be a savage too

36. Static

Static

This episode was too fucking good. So much of the comic book tv shit is such schlock. I am so taken aback by how genuinely good SHIELD can be.

37. Gambit

Gambit

It's the likely outcome, yes, but I am not sure. Deke says his mum loved her father and that only his grandmother could make sandwiches Fitz liked. Those things could still happen with them not being a romantic couple. The "harder choice" she meant could be leaving Fitz.

38. Bufbaf

Bufbaf

Holy fuck I'm still shaking from that scene that just happened oh my god.

Yup this is one top-tier episode alright.

39. Volimar

Volimar

"Who are you talking to?"

<ton of bricks>

Damn he's a great actor.

40. If Simmons is pregnant then it doesn't necessarily mean the grandfather Deke was told about was Fitz. Simmons could've met someone else. Just sayin'

41. jimmytutron

jimmytutron

damn that was a good episode im legit shaking rn

42. Chirotera

Chirotera

What if she already has? What if... it's Deke?

Get some Futurama up in this show! You know you want it!

In all seriousness, loved this episode. I feel like this show has been on it's last season since at least season 2, so once again I'm left hoping that this really, really, isn't the last season and that we'll get one more ride on this beautiful show.

43. Static

Static

She would've had to meet someone quite a bit like Fitz, based on her agreeing with all those details of Deke's explanation. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the grandfather Deke never got to meet was in fact Fitz. For it to not be would be quite the misdirection.

44. Gambit

Gambit

Agreed. We deserve one more even-numbered season a.k.a the GOAT seasons

45. khaz

khaz

Nah, she won't leave him. Put the damn boy in therapy, don't throw him under the bus!

46. Dr Doom

Dr Doom

Holy shit that was good. Great acting by Fitz.

47. entrydenied

entrydenied

Now I'm wondering if Simmons was impregnated in the future... There was that one when they first reunited and was alone for the first time when they were looking at the time machine.

48. Dr Doom

Dr Doom

But alas that DNA match earlier episode

49. I said if she was already pregnant. Deke would still be a DNA match.