1. GetDigitized

GetDigitized

Tri had some solid ideas, they just didn't have enough time to flesh anything out, stuff like the reboot happened and then they just moved on.
    Not to mention they reversed it with another ass-pull. Not that them gaining their memories back wasn't nice, it was just done over something like 5 mins.
    Everything was half-assed. I don't think they fleshed anything out besides the kids enjoying themselves with their Digimon. They could have skipped the slice of life stuff if it meant a larger focus on the story.

The fanfiction thing is pretty spot on.

Does anybody know what the general reaction to the movies is in Japan? Does Toei understand that the current company,director etc. butchered the movies?

2. New trailer for ReArise, the upcoming mobile game.

It shows off all of the main cast and their Digimon along with their voice actors. It definitely seems like they're putting a lot more effort into this game compared to previous mobile games.

3. CloverNotes

CloverNotes

That looks really cool. We probably wont be getting it for another year though.

4. Curler

Curler

Heroes took like, 3 years! (I still miss it...) I hope this comes soon though. I really hate playing Links :/

5. CloverNotes

CloverNotes

Yeah

6. Curler

Curler

7. Deimos

Deimos

Last episode was hype but overall meh as usual.

8. Curler

Curler

9. Why the fuck is Gennai evil ?

10. TMaakkonen

TMaakkonen

Never explained lol

Maybe the Black Orb inserted to him by Piedmon in Adventure was a hidden time bomb?

Maybe Yggdrasil/Alphamon brainwashed him, bribed him or something?

Maybe he is a clone and real Gennai was hidden along with 02 kids?

Maybe the answer will be given in new series that was teased?

Maybe Tri has bad writing for leaving stuff unexplained?

11. Thuddert

Thuddert

Gennai was a persona of yggdrasil all along. That's why he can change forms, just a different mask.

12. Lagamorph

Lagamorph

Cheers for the unmarked spoilers dude.

13. LycanXIII

LycanXIII

I can't read it, but at first glance I did not notice the zipper and was confused.

14. Deimos

Deimos

NSFW?

15. Curler

Curler

Only if you don't see it as an evolution.

16. gamerguy2002

gamerguy2002

Hey DigiERA, Hows it hanging? I'm still here in the shadows lurking. waiting on Tri to finish so I can catch up, was getting tired of the middling plots and the long wait.

We haven't heard anything new about that new series since it was announced a few weeks back right?

17. Yunsen

Yunsen

Are you waiting for the dub? Last part of Tri came out earlier this month.

18. gamerguy2002

gamerguy2002

Yes. been doing my best to dodge spoilers until the dub's final part.

19. Curler

Curler

(Things got quiet in here once Tri ended...)

Anyhow, MegaHouse announced a few new things:

New Angewomon! I still adore the original that came out, but this is an awesome post as well! (Plz be not THAT expensive!)

Series 2 of the Gashapon. Actually, was it even MegaHouse that did Series 1 of the original art design gachas?

20. Stuart444

Stuart444
    Member OP

Check out this twitter thread for some info on the commentary track for Tri 6 (Spoilers obviously)

21. More Adventure figures. RIP Jianliang

22. So Kakudou (director of Adventure) was apparently going to be involved with the new anime. But he didn't like the story direction the producers wanted to do and said it had nothing to do with Adventure, so he resigned and also made some comments that seem like he really is not a fan of tri's direction at all on Twitter.

Toei have really screwed up here. Kakudou coming back would have been one of the few things to convince me to maybe give a tri sequel a shot.

23. Curler

Curler

Uh oh :/ Will still watch but ummm yeah...

24. PaperSparrow

PaperSparrow
    Community Resettler Member

Habu's teasing a Digimon game that won't be a Story or World game...? https://withthewill.net/threads/20382-Habu-Teases-New-Digimon-Game
    Yikes, a bad sign to end all bad signs.

25. Ultimadrago

Ultimadrago

Playing through Hacker's Memory right now and I have the most random thought:

[​IMG]

LUNAMON's so adorable! I want one for the Farm now!

26. Chaos2Frozen

Chaos2Frozen

The most interesting thing in the final movie is Dark Gennai name dropping Daemon and Diaboromon. That was the only wtf moment no matter how small. Btw I still stand by my theory that Dark Gennai is actually Piedmon who got dragged out by Yggdrasil from whatever hole MagnaAngelmon put him in

It feels like something went wrong during the writing phase of this series, something went off course around the 3rd movie and Toei might have bit off more than it can chew. I can see what they wanted to do and I don't actually have a problem with the main plot beats of the story but it's the inter-connecting parts that are so haphazardly done that is disappointing. To say nothing of a certain loose ends that we don't know what happened to her...

In the end I'm overall glad for more Digimon Adventures, I just wish it were better done. The Tri movies started when I first entered University and it's only fitting that it ends as I graduate this year and close another chapter of my life!

27. Stuart444

Stuart444
    Member OP

That is some interesting timing there.

28. Curler

Curler

29. Fuck funko pops.

30. RuffMadman

RuffMadman

I’ll probably wait for a sale on those

31. PaperSparrow

PaperSparrow

32. RuffMadman

RuffMadman

Can you only get the art book from that website?

33. PaperSparrow

PaperSparrow

It's a Premium Bandai exclusive, so you'll have to go through an intermediary like Nippon-Yasan or From Japan.

34. Curler

Curler

Maybe one day they will make a complete Digi-Dex (with mostly the original card art) and sell it on something like Amazon.jp :/

35. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

Congratulations, fellow Digidestined! You're the next Community Spotlight! Get those DigiSouls charged!

36. Fanuilos

Fanuilos

37. Stuart444

Stuart444
    Member OP

38. PaperSparrow

PaperSparrow

It looks like the next Digivolving Spirits figure might be Patamon to HolyAngemon. From what I can see, it's looks pretty good.
    [​IMG]

39. TMaakkonen

TMaakkonen

This community spotlight came a little bit early, so a little heads up. On 29th of July there is Digimon Thanksgiving event, during which they will have a live stream. We can look forward to a new Digimon game announcement & info on new anime Project.

40. Stuart444

Stuart444
    Member OP

Huh, not kept up to date with Digi things lately so good to hear this :D

41. SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Those figurines look pretty nice.

Haven't really kept up with Digimon since Frontier, and even then, the last one I watched every episode of was Tamers. I watched the first two episodes of Tri, but I lost interest, and it seems like I was right to.

42. Yeah, tri was a real disappointment. Savers and Appmon are worth checking out, though.

43. Curler

Curler

I second this. Most people missed Savers since A LOT of people dropped out during Frontier.

44. Stuart444

Stuart444
    Member OP

No opinion on Appmon (and while I like Tri, I understand it has its issues)

but Savers is fantastic and I really recommend it to people who are lapsed fans.

Especially if you liked Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. :D

45. CloverNotes

CloverNotes

So is Savers its own anime?

46. wiill64

wiill64

Yep Savers is the fifth Digimon anime. It has a slightly older than usual cast and features an interesting story. It's one of my favourite seasons and I highly recommend it.
    I also recommend checking out Appmon as well. It's another interesting series with a fun cast of characters.

47. Professor Beef

Professor Beef
    I wish Tales of Graces F was a better game Moderator

everyone should watch Savers

EVERYONE