1. ArmsofSleep

ArmsofSleep

I have to say, as someone who barely touched Halo 4 and didn't even look at 5, but has a lot of nostalgia for the original trilogy, the trailer sort of got me in. There's just something about the aesthetics of it that got me in my nostalgia

2. Popetita

Popetita

Man I've been saying that Halo needs to be back at the top. To be back at being the game that iis GOTY quality and delivers graphics that are top of their game like GoW recently did.

This all looks to be going in the direction I want.

3. DarthWalden

DarthWalden

I really hope this isn't an "open world" game. I don't want to speak for Halo fans but I thought the consensus was that they want more Open worlds similar to what Truth and Reconciliation and Halo are in Halo CE with big open spaces with areas to explore and multiple ways to proceed through the level. They are still linear games, but they feel open because the worlds are so big.

If this is open world like Horizon or something that to me is a rapid enough departure that I think I'll be disappointed with the outcome.

4. VincentMatts

VincentMatts

The best level ever in a halo game is the silent cartographer, which is the open one. Open halo makes for the best halo.

5. Bits N Pieces

Bits N Pieces

I keep rewatching this trailer and every time we see the Chief's helmet and that piano note drops..... chills.

I just hope we're not going to have to wait until E3 2019 to see more, bring that heat to the VGA's.

6. Arx

Arx

I don´t even see why it needs a dedicated button and lower the gun. Triggering a faster movement speed for traversal after the player pushed the stick forward for 5 seconds for example could also serve the same purpose.

7. Samurai G0SU

Samurai G0SU

Halo is about wonder and awe - spectacle and mystery. A Halo Ring will be our first open "world" to explore which will lead it open for Sphere Worlds lol .. haha who am i kidding, im jumping the gun like 10 years from now.

8. Danis Saur

Danis Saur

Halo 3 artstyle and open-world?

Hallelujah!

9. harSon

harSon

What are the chances that it won't have a Battle Royale mode? They could even incorporate Fortnite's building with Forge if they wanted too.

10. This is my disappointment of e3 so far. It just seems like it's a long ways off. This should have been Halo's year but it seems like we may not play it until 2020. I'm also concerned that they may lean too far into the Warzone elements of Halo 5 or vere closer to a Destiny type game.

11. DarthWalden

DarthWalden

Oops, when I said Truth & Reconcilation I meant Silent Cartographer and I totally agree.

What I don't want though is some big open world with mission givers and stuff ala Horizon.

12. Chances are, it won't need it or have it. But if it did, it would be pretty intense and should feature ODST's, not Spartans, that fall in on controllable drop pods.

13. Deception

Deception

If this comes out in 2020 with a BR mode it might as well be too late as the BR hype will likely be severely deflated by then.

14. harSon

harSon

It probably depends on how popular or relevant the genre is when the game is approaching its release. But in terms of gameplay and aesthetics, Halo already has the groundwork to easily implement the mode. I suppose the only concern would be that mode becoming popular enough to effectively replace traditional Halo gameplay within the game's community.

15. Moose

Moose

The marines by the lake reminded me of an episode of Battlestar Galactica when they’re on some forested planet.

16. Maven

Maven

Bring back 50

17. Bleedorang3

Bleedorang3
    Banned Member

Aside from Battlefield, Halo is the only other IP that I would say could implement a BR mode and have it feel right. It's a much more natural fit than something like CoD.

18. BMW

BMW

Beautiful nature in Halo :kreygasm:

343 better not pull a fast one on us.

19. GTSweet

GTSweet

20. Woorloog

Woorloog

That doesn't work well mechanically. Unwanted speed change messes things up badly, especially in a game where movement and mobility is/should be important. WoW tried it long ago, when taurens didn't have racial mount but ability to run as fast as mounts... it kicked in after 10 seconds or so, and it made a big mess of things.

I detest sprinting in any and all games but if it must be in, a button for it is much, much better than it being automatic.

21. Quample

Quample

I get the disappointment, but I see it as a healthy break for 343i to re-evaluate and redesign the franchise. Based on the reveal I think they're doing everything they can to remain true to hardcore fans, but they're doing so in the vein of a more modern approach. I'm all for it.

My only disappointment is I'll be a couple years older when this comes out.

Unrelated: My long shot hope is that 343 is looking into virtual reality compatibility in future games. I really think it could be done, and 343 could carry the torch of innovation. Bungie set the standard for console shooters, wouldn't it be great if 343 did the same for VR? Speaking of which, I hope Respawn is still working on their VR shooter...but I digress. I know this won't happen, but ah, it would be so magnificent. Do it, Stinkles!

22. I'm super interested in this new engine. So much of Halo revolved around the physics and timing. I wonder if this new engine was built to start from scratch and have a new unified engine and clean up the things that were pieced together and cobbled on in the past .

23. space_nut

space_nut

24. Zoid

Zoid

The tease looked great, happy to see Chief in his classic armor, at least that's what everything they showed other than the forearm appears to be. 343's Halo is a bit overdesigned imo, especially when it comes to Forerunner structures. I'm hoping this game strikes a good balance between the old and new art styles.

25. Trup1aya

Trup1aya

yeah there's really no need for an extra button... or even sprint at all of the avatar is fast enough to begin with.

all sprint does is force you to make maps such that whenever you aren't sprinting, you feel slow.

i know the new UT experimented with an auto-sprint that kicked in of you pushed forward for a few seconds, but was cancelled whenever you change direction or take damage. iirc they cut it because its pointless when the avatar moves at a decent clip by default.

26. Blueblur

Blueblur

I agree. I was just thinking about it this morning.

27. Breqesk

Breqesk

Yeah. I was pretty lukewarm on 4, and 5 is the only Halo game I actively dislike... But I dug the vibe of this, and I'm intrigued to see more.

I think it helps that they're sorta saying that, while this will be a sequel to Halo 5, it's not necessarily going to pick up directly from 5's plot--that game's story did less than nothing for me, so if they're planning to kinda fudge it and move on to something mostly new, I'm all for that.

28. Proven

Proven

Is there any validity to the Single Player/ MP split rumor?

29. Honestly, I don't think they 343i even know that at this point. The game seems pretty early in development.

30. Theorry

Theorry

Still cant believe how cool and good this look.

[​IMG]

31. Woorloog

Woorloog

I'm thinking it is a new armor. I mean like fresh of the factory.
    No comment on whether the Chief's armor should be weathered.

EDIT BTW, we haven't seen the front of the armor. Could be way more weathered there. The thigh plate does have some wear and tear.

32. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur
    Community Resettler Member

I think I'd even be happy if when light caught it, it was a bit of a harsher reflection. I loved that not flat look early halo 3 assets had - light really popped

33. Burdmayn

Burdmayn

Wasn't the strange story explanation for Chief's new look in Halo 4 pretty weak? If I recall, it was something about Cortana having just upgraded his suit with nanites or some nonsense while he was asleep.

If that armor failed, I could see him not wanting (or being able to use) the armor designed for new Spartans.

34. THANOS

THANOS

After downloading the gamersyde video, I think this game can not be for this generation, it's too impressive

35. TheVoidDragon

TheVoidDragon

Just how is the art style change going to work, though? If this is somehow making it so both Master Chief's previous look and the old marine armour and Pelicans still exist and are still used alongside the entirely different art-style of the Halo 4/5 versions in-universe, that sounds really complicated, It's confusing already as things like the new BR, Hind-like Pelicans and Infinity aren't Post-War designs, so you've got 2 entirely different design approaches at the same time or some reason. I just hope it's more of a "We're retconning our retcon" and going back to the previous art style entirely.

I also wonder if the art style change is the result of negative player feedback as well.

36. DemonCarnotaur

DemonCarnotaur
    Community Resettler Member

I need more direct feed screens. Did they share any?

37. nihilence

nihilence
    nothing but silence Moderator

What if that's just a random spartan.

38. Yup

39. THANOS

THANOS

40. VitalNonsense

VitalNonsense

Well since the armor and pelican have both reverted to it's pre-4 state, I imagine some of it is "we're retconning our retcon." But it's also just about overall design goals. Their design aesthetic will be modified. And they outright stated in their post on the website that this was a choice made in response to feedback.

41. Woorloog

Woorloog

The problem with Halo 4's armor is that it isn't really explained. Frankie said in one interview something about nanomachines but they aren't referred as being responsible elsewhere in canon as far as i can remember. (For a good reason really, nanites that can do a lot should have a lot of implications for Halo's world, not having them removes unintended consequences and ignored effects.)
    Cortana says she rewrote the suits firmware in Halo 4 but that means little in itself.

My headcanon is that the Halo 4 suit's just cosmetic thing early in the game (hell, the whole Forward Unto Dawn looks wrong since it is actually canonically Charon-class frigate while Halo 4 depicts it as a Strident), and that the Chief swapped the suit once he got onboard the Infinity.

Now, as for Infinite, there are few possible explanations for the new suit, unless they go for "we just changed art style, that's all" as Halo 4 does really.
    Otherwise, my first idea was that the GEN2 Mjolnir has flaws AIs can exploit and as such surviving Spartans are back to using GEN1 Mjolnir. This assume Cortana's Created are the enemies.
    Another possibility is that the suit is a Mjolnir Mk VII. It does appear in new canon but only as very limited production suit, replaced by GEN2 armor for mass production.

42. Complicated

Complicated

Frankie already confirmed it's for One, One X, and PC.

ERA -> Reddit -> ERA

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/8qa11f/halo_infinite_is_a_current_gen_game/

43. sangreal

sangreal

44. THANOS

THANOS

45. They have never been in a better position to incorporate Battle Royale. The Halo Ring has a variety of natural, open environments that are paired with Forerunner interior areas, as well as seeing how the plot tease in the trailer implies they may be stranded on the ring (similar to Halo: CE), there could be wreckage all over the place or outposts set up that could contain loot. AI could even be incorporated, like with Warzone from Halo 5. If they wanted to do it, they totally could.

46. Burdmayn

Burdmayn

Not gonna lie man, you're way more prepared for this discussion than I am. I haven't followed Halo lore that closely since the trilogy, but I'm super happy to have your perspective on this! Where does the Mjolnir Mk VII appear? I'm down for some reading.

47. Cyclone

Cyclone

48. I would love if it was an open world, a massive and mysterious one, with creatures that could easily take you out if your not careful. How cool would it be to lead that stampede into a covenant camp. Or while using the craft to explore the depths coming a cross a massive carniverous
    Sea fairing enemy. Maybe we see covenant boats!? Have parts of the ring be “taken” by the flood, almost as if to give off the vibe that you had just entered an alien nest. Imagine seeing a run down facility in the middle of an empty field and as you get further into its depths evidence that the flood are present become more clear and it quickly becomes a horror game, kind of like combat evolved when that introduced them. Have solo play be balanced for a chief only halo one-3 like adventure and maybe buff the difficulty for when we get 4 player drop in drop out coop and keep some of the squad mechanics from 5. A logical cast of characters for that would be chief, arbiter, palmer, and hell even locke. Though they wouldnt be super integral to the story