1. Buttzerker

Buttzerker

How much damage should I roughly expect from a solo combo? My best Yamcha combo does around 4000

2. Zissou

Zissou

Depends on the starter, but it seems like for most characters, off a grounded cr.M starter, you get like 4600 damage if you end in a level 1 super.

3. Dog

Dog

https://youtu.be/RZujh6vrh6k

It's this one. Not impressive compared to what else gets posted here but I'm happy lol.

4. Lee Chaolan

Lee Chaolan

Damn that sucks. that fool needs a Kikoho done on himself

5. Host Samurai

Host Samurai

Feels awesome when you start to click more and more with your team. Arcade mode and fighting stronger opponents online made be a better player. I love my team of Black/Hit/Trunks.

6. Karsticles

Karsticles
    Self-Requested Ban Member

I think the one you posted might be close to optimal. Instead of 214H and spending meter, you can j.H, j.S, 236M, and you will still get a super off. Does 4205 damage IIRC.

In the corner, I labbed last night and figured out:
    2M, 5M, j.LM, j.LMS, 214L, j.LL2H, super dash, j.LLS, 236M

7. Out_Of_Ammo

Out_Of_Ammo

Hah, that looks very impressive! Costs 5 bars though so it may not be that usefull in an actual match. Cells my point character so I usually don't have the resources with him to pull of that stuff :p

Oh cool, I'll try that. Thanks for the tip. I already tried putting a meterless version of his 214 and 236 specials at the end before but those didn't work. Didn't think about using S before them though.

8. Mesoian

Mesoian

Yeah, this makes month one of SF5 seem competent. It's real disappointing.

9. Dog

Dog

Oh yeah my friend, I'm all about unoptimal shit lol. I just started out with Cell, right now he is my 3rd. Currently learning Frieza. Keeping Vegeta on my team since he is my best and I adore his assist.

Just remembered I could have used to two assists after the backbreaker into Lv3. Hmm

10. Tyrant Rave

Tyrant Rave

My corner route has four reps of the j.LLS section, builds a lot of meter too. It should be higher damage than the one Kartsticles posted (not at home to test):

11. Dog

Dog

Is matchmaking really slow for anyone else?

12. PadWarrior

PadWarrior

13. Vital_Vertigo

Vital_Vertigo

So is there any focused places on era to learn and discuss Tech?
    Im on twittet and youtube, but I would also like to be having fiscussion here with people trying to learn the game. This OT has conversations about all facets of the game ( presentation, reviews, Ect).

14. oneida

oneida

that's so much meter for only half health :<

15. JEH

JEH

So what’s the highest rank called? Zeno?

16. donkey show

donkey show
    Sumo Digital Dev Verafied OP

[​IMG]

Piano be up in this.

17. Leeway

Leeway

18. Jindrax

Jindrax

That's the whole point.... I'm asking. I'm not guessing anything.

19. Doctrine Dark

Doctrine Dark

So far it's "Living Legend" at a million BP.

I'm not sure how much further it'll go.

20. Dog

Dog

Haha yeah I won't be doing that often in mp. I do not know anything about him just yet, that was the first combo I learned. Gonna find some bnb's and useful tech with Cell right now.

21. Gravemind IV

Gravemind IV

I can't even play the game. All I get is blue bars which never go through for some dumb reason (Xbox) literally had 20 pop-ups in 15 min which all were declined.

It's either that or getting disconnected from the lobby.

22. Bigg

Bigg

Quick Q, is SSGSS Goku objectively better than SSJ Goku? He seems to be used more often, and he's much higher in the event hubs tier list but I know EH's tier lists are generally considered trash.

23. dayum

24. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

You're right about EH tier lists.

And no, they both feel like they fill different roles with SSJ Goku being much more of an all-rounder than SSB Goku.

25. It depends on your playstyle. Want a simple character with good solo damage and an always useful beam assist? Pick SSJ Goku. Want a character thats good at opening people up, but not as complicated as Goku Black, Trunks, 18 or Hit? Pick Goku Blue.

26. Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus

Majin Buu was always a favourite of mine but when I first tried him out in story he felt a bit too awkward for me, so I didn't really try him out properly. Saw a bunch of tech of him lately and decided to dedicate actual lab time with him. Figured I'd go with a simple team to start with (Buu/Vegeta/Goku) that's also thematically fitting and found some easy, nice setups with.

Took the team for a go online and holy crap, landing the gum resets is the most satisfying thing. I'm seriously not used to killing characters so fast like that. I still got ways to go with him, especially using him in neutral and hit confirming, but when I got going it was the most fun I've had in this game. I feel like I just clicked with a character so fast and found super fun and it's great.
    [​IMG]
    Guess I'll end up using my precious pink son after all!

27. Saitama

Saitama

I keep getting bodied online and I’m not improving lol..I can’t hang.

28. Freezasaurus

Freezasaurus

Are there more story arcs after the third one? These things are tedious.

29. Opa-Pa

Opa-Pa

Nope, the third is the last and shortest one.

30. lucebuce

lucebuce
    Community Resettler Member

Nope, just the three.

31. SOLDIER

SOLDIER

So should I just not bother with anything but Story and Arcade until they fix the matchmaking?

32. CQC

CQC

Thanks, I’ve been getting these impressions as well.

I was wondering if I was just looking at these characters with tunnel vision so I figured I’d ask. I guess I’ll just keep SS Vegeta mid and SS Goku on anchor. I’ll just swap out Trunks and A. Gohan for point when I feel like playing one over the other.

I currently have Black on anchor but I want to use him on a different team.

33. Tyrant Rave

Tyrant Rave

Don't trust EH, or really any tier list a week after release

They're different characters with different movesets and both seem solid. SSJ Goku is easier to throw on a team because of his assist though.

34. Out_Of_Ammo

Out_Of_Ammo

Seems Nappa isn't very popular, only fought against one other person using him. Such prejudice against non-blonde/blue saiyans.

35. Skab

Skab

omg desk

36. Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus

They're very different, to the point where you could make a case that Black has more in common with SSJ than Blue Goku. It's hard to tell who's better, but all three are incredibly good.

Blue is far more about pressuring you and staying up close, he has three lows as opposed to SSJ Goku's one and another overhead, he also has a meterless teleport and can appear at any side he wants. SSJ is far more about playing neutral and controlling the match than staying aggressive necessarily, because he has a beam with so much utility, and can confirm into a hard knockdown from anything, meterless! He's not as good as opening you up, but he's definitely better at maintaining control and advantage. His damage output is really good to boot and he makes sufficient use of the meter between full screen confirms and being able to solo use two supers in one combo.

37. Sephzilla

Sephzilla

Ugh. I'm really struggling trying to follow up a second launcher with punches to continue a combo. I try to autocombo leading up to the second launcher but I can never land the follow up punch after

38. Daysean

Daysean

Are people able to create/join ring battles?
    I see others doing it in my lobby, but I always get a No Rooms Found error (PS4)

39. Dog

Dog

Personally I am having zero issues making rings and getting folk in to play but if I want to join one then sometimes it doesn't work. (PS4)

40. Out_Of_Ammo

Out_Of_Ammo

I've had no problems joining ring matches for a while now. On PC.

41. Dez_

Dez_

Ugh, been on a complete losing streak. I don't feel like I'm learning or getting better right now. Despite being able to do a basic jump cancel combo, I can never pull it off in an actual online match. I'm also having a hard time figuring out when to be on the offense or defense, making me really indecisive and ultimately putting moves out that are just a split second too late.

Edit: Of course, after I type this, I just had two rage quitters in a row. Right now, I feel like I can only do ok while I'm focusing on the basic auto combos. Trying to do anything more complicated than that causes me to make too many mistakes.

42. Jinfash

Jinfash

Noon question: what do the numbers (usually "1") that appears above assists denote?

43. roflwaffles

roflwaffles

This loop actually doesn't isnt optimal with a 2M starter.

2M, 5M, jLM, jLMS 214L, jLLS, super dash, jLLS, 214L, jLLS 236M does around 4.9k I believe? You can still pull it off with a 2L starter as well but more than that seems to cause too much hit stun to get the last rep. Here's me doing it.

When I hit something like a IAD jH into 2LM starter, I do use a slight variation of your combo which should net overall more damage -

IAD jH, 2L, 2M, 5M, j.LM, j.LMS, 214L, j.LL2H, super dash, jS 214L j.LLS, 236M

44. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

I personally try to avoid tier lists. The closest I think I got to playing a top tier character was Batman in IJ2 (think he was like #5 or something at launch). But it's a natural process for me.

Try to hang in there buddy. You have to be learning something. You might not be seeing the results you want right now but you'll get there eventually.

I just watched the latest episode of DBZ Super earlier. I'm fired up and ready to go kick someone's butt all over the place lol. Although first I'm going to check Maximillian_Dood's channel for some new DBFZ content because I havent been able to play for a week. I was getting wins last week sure but I am feeling like a lot of it was luck and just my experience carrying over from other fighters. I'm expecting much more stiffer competition today

45. I cant join either, same error

46. Dez_

Dez_

Yeah, I actually did a little bit better on defense which got me to get a couple of wins and a few players disconnecting on me (not that I want that, of course). Right now, I think I'll just stick to auto combos. Trying to practice in an actual online match just seems to lead to me getting curb-stomped.

47. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

Good! I rarely master an optimized combo. Instead I just try to master the absolute basics and smaller combo chains. I was over 50% W/L ratio in IJ2 which was a game known for long combo chains. Now I did utilize the lab heavily but it was actually for defense. I used it to setup the bots to spam certain moves I didnt know how to counter. Would practice for almost an hour til I got gud. Make no mistake- optimized combos would've taken my game to the next level eventually but I was happy with my progress

48. Daysean

Daysean

Got it to work on PS4, Just had to do a complete PS4 restart, me and my friend and i was able to create and enter a ring battle.
    Hopefully it works for others

49. Yeah, the only time I've gotten a ring match to work was when I had a friend create a ring match in a lobby we were both in, then when it failed to join, restarted my PS4 while he kept the room open and finally after re-launching the game, and rejoining the lobby he was in I was able to finally play the guy. It's an arduous task but it's the only way I've been able to play anybody at all on PS4 so I can vouch for the method.

50. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

This is depressing, in the other ASW games we could start private lobbies. I wonder what compelled ASW to force everyone into public lobbies? Part of me wants to blame the publisher since I know DB Xenoverse has this but it was a better fit there.

I guess the game feels a little rushed in this regard. Anyways I'm bout to stop yapping and hop on and have some fun.