1. ara

ara

Just the original? Ever so slightly disappointed, but I'll take it. For once I can actually agree that it seems like a good fit for the Switch. Time to dust mine off!

2. mazi

mazi

i think most people just wanted it to be an uprezzed version of the game and not for bamco to change anything about it

who says this won't be 1080p?

lol @ all these people freaking out over 40$

3. MrGab

MrGab

Why recent titles in this series has been mediocre?

[​IMG]

4. Tizoc

Tizoc

I've not gotten around to playing the previous Katamari games, but I am really looking forward to playing this :D

5. Jawbreaker

Jawbreaker

I was saying that at least Katamari Forever is 1080p on PS3, so it's not in dire need of a remaster, though I'd like one eventually. I wasn't speaking about this particular remaster of the first title.

6. mazi

mazi

sorry, my bad. i tohught you were implying this one would be inferior cuz it won't be 1080p

7. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

Uprezzing PS2 graphics to 1080p or 4k doesn't work too well unless you upres the source art. I think most of us wanted clean graphics at a high resolution that can last for a while.

Because the creator, Keita Takahashi, was only involved with the first two games. Bamco did the rest on their own after Takahashi left.

8. mazi

mazi

the creator, keita takahashi left after the second game and wasn't involved with any of the other games. that's why the dip in quality happened.

i guess i love the game's original style too much, cuz i don't want bamco to fuck with it in any way. i said it in the thread about the trademark (that lead to this) too, if there's a remaster, i hope it's just higher resolution and nothing else changes.

9. Ingueferroque

Ingueferroque

They weren’t, they were just more of a good thing.

10. mopinks

mopinks

the newer ones aren't as good, but they're still good

I haven't played the Vita one though so for all I know that one's garbage

11. Hope

Hope
    Banned Member

What a fuck you to the Sony community #gjNamco

But at least they do something with it.

12. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

13. Unicorn

Unicorn

They just became derivative.

14. MrGab

MrGab

But what is bad about these games after the second game? Content, gameplay, or some other thing?

15. Durante

Durante
    Dark Souls Man Member

I hope the PC version runs at arbitrary FPS.

16. Yeah. I mean, that shoe was never on the other foot with all the console games bar Beautiful Katamari?

I guess if you want it you’ll need a switch or PC. You probably have one or the either.

17. Elven_Star

Elven_Star

I will never understand this game.

18. mopinks

mopinks

mostly they just do a lot of recycling, and the new stages are never quite as good as the old stages

the gameplay's as good as ever though

19. mazi

mazi

you don't need to understand it, just roll with it.

20. Ximonz

Ximonz

so happy for this.

21. eso76

eso76

Yeah, but tbh the assets should have stayed the same anyway. Katamari low poly models and unfiltered textures are so iconic changing them would have been sacrilegious.

Now though, a little AO and slight changes to lighting wouldnt have hurt.

22. Roxoriku

Roxoriku

FTFY ;) ;)

23. Nzyme32

Nzyme32

Would be awesome if they use Steam Input for this, so both trackpads could be used to roll with mouse style accuracy. Doubt it though...

24. Hope

Hope
    Banned Member

• User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory System Wars
    This isnt common in this day and age. Everyone expect every third party game on every platform but its okay if Big N moneyhats the shit out of the industry.

25. ArchAngel

ArchAngel

A shame they didn't use Katamari Forever. For me it's the best game in the series with the best track:

Still love the singleplayer of the first game because of the nonsense scenes of the family. Day 1

26. mazi

mazi

LMAO
    nintendo moneyhats shit? they do it way less than the other two. and if they did money hat this, they wouldn't have wanted it to be released on smash release day. this weird decision is on bamco.
    people are getting way too salty over this, and are gonna feel stupid when it does come on their preferred system as well.

27. Nah. Your mistake is assuming that Namco sat down with Nintendo and had a small envelope pushed over to them on the basis of exclusivity just to piss off a little group of people who identify as “Sony fans”

Just let it go. You’ve got a PC or a Switch so you’re set already.

28. carlosrox

carlosrox

Betrayalton haha?

29. cid85

cid85

Someone there doesn’t have any business sense. Skipping it from a console with a user base of 90 million loll

30. HellofaMouse

HellofaMouse

Good news, but the lack of katamari games on ps4 is heartbreaking.

31. MatrixMan.exe

MatrixMan.exe

I'm actually very surprised this isn't coming to PS4. Wonder what happened there.

Also, Katamari Forever was not mediocre. What? Lol

32. Hope

Hope
    Banned Member

Yea i let it go. Maybe it bombs heavily than its hopefully the last time we see exclusive like this. Well I hope so at least.

33. Theodran

Theodran

I know a lot of people may be disappointed with it only being a port of the first Katamari Damacy game, but this will be the first time forever that it is available in Europe, so yay!

34. mazi

mazi

hoping for a game to bomb cuz it's not coming to your platform. classy.

35. Council Pop

Council Pop

[​IMG]

36. KainXVIII

KainXVIII

PC version? Nice, it will be good to play in 4k/60fps with gyro controls on dualshock 4.

37. Trike

Trike

You hope it bombs because you only own a ps4/xbox? Or do you just want the series to be on mobile?

38. Hope

Hope
    Banned Member

If i cant play it, does it matter if it's mobile only?

39. Oregano

Oregano

It's amazing that a thread with this many pages of platform whining and port begging has gone completely unchecked.

40. Branduil

Branduil

The Katamari games are extremely stylized with deliberately angular and mostly flat-shaded objects, it's aged better than most games from that era.

41. What a shitty little outlook that is.

42. AfropunkNyc

AfropunkNyc

Ill have it on switch and PC.

43. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

I wouldn't necessarily advocate for changing the models. But I think the textures need cleaning up for HD. Not changing the style, but higher resolution so there's no blurriness from upscaling.

Also, Keita does seem interested in touching stuff up for a Katamari HD remaster...

44. dude

dude

Buying it on both platforms because goddamn I need more Katamari. I played We Love Katamari so much in high school.

45. Ted

Ted

Sweetness! 塊 素晴らしいです!

I'll be there day 1 assuming it's not an awful PC version.

46. MikeNeko

MikeNeko

I love Katamari, I need Katamari, i'll get Katamari.
    It cannot come soon enough.

47. Igor

Igor

Why not remastering the best game in the series, We Love Katamari? Bit bummed but I might get it. Newer games missed the magic.

48. mazi

mazi

PB only seems to be actioned when it's switch players asking for games. all games are by default supposed to come to ps4 it seems like

49. jariw

jariw

Why can't you play it? The game has been available for PS2 for ages, and used PS2 aren't that expensive?

50. Future Gazer

Future Gazer

Damn, I would have been there day 1 for a Bluepoint remaster. Katamari certainly deserves it.