?

Who is the most manly man in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?

Poll closed Sunday at 2:49 PM.
  1. Snake

20.4%
  2. Simon Belmont

20.4%
  3. Captain Falcon

38.0%
  4. Ryu

8.0%
  5. Ike

13.2%
  1. Jaq'or

Jaq'or

The King can do pretty much whatever the fuck he wants. I initially pushed for the Prince in Smash, but I would absolutely main the hell out of the King if he danced his way in.

2. Neoxon

Neoxon
    Community Resettler Member

I'm honestly not too sure about that. I was of the opinion since the beginning that Elma was either getting in the base roster or not at all, & I still stand by that due to the success of Xenoblade 2 and how much Rex & Pyra are being requested.

3. Zubz

Zubz

Absolutely, yes.

4. louisacommie

louisacommie

Swinging for the fences I'd actually include characters i want, which would not be geno Dante or banjo

It be

Mipha, ruto echo
    Darunia, daruk echo
    Revalli
    Urbosa
    Pig ganon
    Elma
    Dixie Kong complelty unique
    Master chief
    Kratos
    Morrigan

5. Masozi

Masozi

I kinda started replaying Wonderful 101 in my hospital bed today (I got my Wii U sent from home). That game...

Is really good. Hell, I might argue it's Platinum's best. You just don't get games this unique, stylish, and creative that often.

6. HockeyBird

HockeyBird

I would love to have Elma as a Xenoblade fan but I necer thought she had much of a chance of getting in. People only really started talking about her when she was announced for Xenoblade 2 DLC. The only hints that she might be in are: the XC2 dlc, Sakurai likes the series, and him mentioning using a mech toy gun as a model for something. That to me isn't evidence of any significance. Would love be wrong though.

7. lvl 99 Pixel

lvl 99 Pixel

I was hoping Pokemon would be out on switch for one of my stays there but I remembered it uses motion control which isnt really compatible

8. louisacommie

louisacommie

The only characters i expect that I actually want are elma, and Dixie, not that I dislike the others exexcept geno

I only expect bank because of the Minecraft stage

I believe the Dante leak

I think more semiclones are likely if there is one

9. Neoxon

Neoxon

I mainly say "swinging for the fences" due to the box theory grounding our expectations & us being close to the end, thus making 3+ unique newcomers & 3+ echo fighters a bit farfetched (though your expectations for echo fighters are a bit more reasonable relative to other predictions I've seen on here).

10. I think that Elma and Rex could be DLC if Elma isn’t base roster. But I feel pretty confident she will be base roster anyway. I just don’t think that there’s absolutely no way she would be DLC in that scenario.

11. louisacommie

louisacommie

I actually really don't care about echos outside shadow, and Dixie not being one, which thank Isabelle, I think there are a few more Echo fighters because of how self admitted low effort they are

12. Neoxon

Neoxon

Perhaps. Either way, I'd love to have both, but I'm trying to temper my expectations.

13. r_n

r_n

Out of curiosity, did Ken have any different inputs for same/similar moves over the years.
    I was thinking of things he could get to differentiate himself and having different input commands would be interesting.

Or maybe they'll have him be "consistent" Ryu. Ryu has a bunch of moves based on how much you inpuit on the controller, maybe Ken would (somewhat arbitrarily) just use a single one no matter how you pressed it. Like he treats every move as "held" instead of "tapped" and things like that.

14. Ondor

Ondor

I refuse to believe we would get Ken as an echo but not Shadow and that Incineroar and Ken are the last two to be revealed. I also believe Chair Theory which directly contradicts Box Theory when taken in combination with Vergeben's leaks. Not to mention Imran's hint also directly contradicts Box Theory. It just has too much going against it and too many assumptions trying to validate it for me to find it believable.

15. Neoxon

Neoxon

Most of the inputs for his specials are similar to Ryu's. It's just how they function changed as time went on, plus Ryu also getting some moves that are separate from Ken like his donkey kick. On top of that, Ken has gained quite a few unique normals over the course of Street Fighter's 30+ year history.

16. I think she has a better chance than most people give her credit for. There’s also the fact that Xenoblade X came out right around when Sakurai started planning the game. Xenoblade X is one of the standout games on Wii U, especially when you consider Wii U games that aren’t already part of long running series with reoccurring characters already in Smash Bros. like Mario and Zelda.

17. louisacommie

louisacommie

I hear people want goku, think we should get Jon snow,
    Have some moves based around possessing hisbwolf, using a fire sword be really cool

18. TriggerShy

TriggerShy

I ought to replay that game too one of these days. I haven't got the itch for crazy wild action games for a bit.

I have completely forgotten about this, what was that all about? Is it for a character? Assist Trophy? Boss? Do we know if it is even related to Smash? Is Sakurai secretly collaborating with the devs of Daemon X Machina?

19. Mobu

Mobu

If Sakurai wants to add a non videogame character, it shouldnt be some weaboo pandering crap, it should be something cool like Harry Potter or Doctor Who

20. louisacommie

louisacommie

Xenoblade newcomer in base roster is confirmed by music theory anyway

21. Neoxon

Neoxon

Actually, she was discussed prior to the XB2 DLC due to a combination of that mecha rifle and the project plan timing putting Rex & Pyra out of the running for the base roster.

22. TheFireman

TheFireman

No. It's gotta be Spongebob and Goku. Not just one of them either. It's either only videogames, or both Spongebob and Goku.

23. Mobu

Mobu

yall got duped, Sonic's echo is Classic Sonic, not Shadow

for real, with Classic Megaman and Barbarian Simon, Classic Sonic is a glaring omission

24. louisacommie

louisacommie

Modern sonic design >classic sonic design

25. Demon Eyes

Demon Eyes

Theme song is the new F-Zero track in Smash. Falcon, Lucas, Puff, Isabelle, and Olimar make up the central cast

26. Demon Eyes

Demon Eyes

Cause he’s the muthafucking gatekeeper of Smash

27. Masozi

Masozi

Were echoes a part of the project plan?

28. Mobu

Mobu

both pale to the goat

[​IMG]

29. louisacommie

louisacommie

30. GiantBreadbug

GiantBreadbug

I don't think Olimar is very comfortable around Falcon after SSE

31. Mobu

Mobu

Insider here, Smash 6 will have a fusion mechanic

[​IMG]

32. Okabe

Okabe

Can confirm

[​IMG]

33. Zubz

Zubz

Still hoping for Rowlet & Flygon as Jigglypuff & Solozard Echoes. Don’t need a flowchart to know how they’d work.

Man, TW101 seems like it’d be a good hospital game. I hope it gets a Switch port so I can buy it again.

I’d love that, but I’m still holding out hope for Metal Sonic.

34. TriggerShy

TriggerShy

That would probably make the show even better, it'd be a running gag that Olimar never wants anything to do with Falcon, but ends up involved anyway.

35. L Thammy

L Thammy

movie sonic as sonic echo

whoa ho hooooooooooo

36. Mobu

Mobu

would main

[​IMG]

37. Yunsen

Yunsen

Melee - Bowser probably. At this point my experience with Nintendo franchises was pretty limited. I never owned a Nintendo 64 and at this point outside of Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby and Pokémon I had not played a single game of any of the other franchises in Smash.

Brawl - Hard choice for me. I’d probably have to go with Sonic mainly for the shock of him making it in. I got heavily into Sonic the Hedgehog on GameCube but had not played any Sonic games since then. There’s two other characters up there with Sonic for me. The first is Diddy Kong. I loved the Donkey Kong Country games (2 in particular) so Diddy making it was really exciting for me. The other is King Dedede. Dedede was my most wanted villain and I loved how he ended up playing.

3DS/Wii U - Bowser Jr. I don’t have much attachment to any of the newcomers in 4 but Bowser Jr is on top because of how unique he was.

Ultimate - King K Rool for the same reasons I mentioned on Diddy.

38. Is Disgaea popular enough? Laharl for DLC would be amazing IMO.

39. yuoke

yuoke

Chair theory was hinting isabelle.

40. Ondor

Ondor

How?

41. Zubz

Zubz

Probably not, but I’d be happy with him from my minimal Disgaea knowledge.

42. louisacommie

louisacommie

Chair theory was actually the casting chairs, forshading the weird lewd Isabelle fan stuff

43. chrisPjelly

chrisPjelly

Doubly confirmed
    [​IMG]

44. r_n

r_n

I'd say most likely. Or at least, pretty early on rather than later. The echoes thus far feel they've had more put into them than Dark Pit & Lucina, which to me feels like they weren't just last minute additions elevating costumes. Them adding a feature to stack them on the CSS also feels like something that wouldn't happen if it was later in development.
    more than that, they probably knew early on that bringing everyone back would mean fewer unique newcomers and clones were the old stand by twice before...knowing you'd probably do it early

Also they'd probably have to come to Lucina & Dark Pit pretty quickly in the process of updating characters and deciding how they'd be treated.

45. Sterok

Sterok

I've been saying Elma would be a November reveal for months (preferably with X remaster), and I won't stop saying that until proven wrong.

46. r_n

r_n

animal crossing is all about furniture
    you know what chairs are?
    that's right, furniture. In fact, that entire room was FULL of furniture. Sakurai does it again.

47. Golnei

Golnei

That sounds like an avatar bet waiting to happen.

48. AmericanKirby

AmericanKirby

[​IMG]

49. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera

"Everyone: [laughs]
    Masuda: I think that’s a natural reaction to seeing Detective Pikachu [laughs]. We had a lot of restrictions in place for Pikachu. For a long time.
    Sakurai: According to the character license, Pikachu couldn’t speak and he couldn’t wear any clothing.
    Masuda:That’s right. I felt that Pikachu as a character become very established and entrenched over the course of these 20 years. So I thought that it was okay to loosen up on some of those restrictions. For example, Pikachu can wear clothes now because Pikachu is so recognizable, and it’s obvious that it’s Pikachu even with clothing on.
    Sakurai: I see. So what you’re saying is that even though Pikachu is wearing clothes, most people will understand that’s not his true form, so to speak. It’s just a temporary phase.
    Masuda: That’s right. And that’s the same reason why Detective Pikachu wears a hat. So now, even if Pikachu says (in an old man voice) “Hey! Sakurai!”…"

is this why Pikachu only wears party hats in 64? i guess they are not necessarily clothing...