Dev of Cooking Game VR wants to bring it to PSVR but Sony has been ignoring them for over a year

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder why the Dev waited a year to contact Sony after nearly a year of Sony silence.
I would of called or spoke to a person some how in like march 2018, not wait until Jan 2019.
I imagine that as a small indie dev, there's always something else that needs attention. They mention in the Reddit post that they moved on to other platforms and projects when Sony ghosted them originally. I don't see any reason to doubt them on this.

In general, it feels like there's been a steep decline in indie outreach since Boyes and Suttner left, but I'm guessing it's less the individuals leaving and more a general shift in Sony philosophy at work here. There has to be corporate support for these kinds of initiatives, or else the individuals can't do very much. Nintendo and Microsoft have also had very good people leading their developer outreach, but haven't always earned the same success (though I think Nindies is doing pretty great nowadays).

Oct 25, 2017
This is something to remember when someone tells you "Steam should do curation !"
Nothing is worse for a dev that made a game to see a door closed when it comes to release it.

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much of Sony’s past indie push was Vita related? After abandoning first party development, there was a period of time where it was hauled as a portable indie machine, and now that it has come and gone, Sony probably no longer feels the need to promote indies anymore.

Nov 18, 2017
In reality it's probably one or two low level account coordinators not checking their email or workflow status appropriately. There is a constant stream of ridiculously low-budget content on PSN, and trying to prioritize all of that is probably no easy task... and then a good game (never heard of the game in OP) can easily be overlooked
No it’s more likely that Shawn Layden and Sony execs are directly ordering their all their department heads to ignore these small pathetic indie devs because they are a “shit company” - rather than just oversight

/s

Feb 10, 2018
I wonder how much of Sony’s past indie push was Vita related? After abandoning first party development, there was a period of time where it was hauled as a portable indie machine, and now that it has come and gone, Sony probably no longer feels the need to promote indies anymore.
Being indie friendly played very well into there initial PS4 brand image.
It really re-enforced there "for the players" stratagy and marketing.
I'm not saying Sony is not still indie friendly but priorities change.
I would not be surprised if PS5 gets another indie push during its launch year.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
There are so many games releasing on the PlayStation Store every single week that this clearly isn't a widespread issue. However, they shouldn't let any studio slip through, so I hope this gets picked up promptly after the signal boost.

Nov 2, 2017
I wonder how common of a case this is. Is it possible to raise a stink and get their attention through social media?
The issue has been taken public-enough imo. Maybe the developer doesn't want that kind of social media stink flood raised. Helpful Reddit users have offered to contact Sony directly and offered plausible theories of what's happening and why (a mishandling of inquiries by Sony Japan). If it's a fundamental flaw in the system, bigger than us all, then we'll know soon enough. But right now I think we're all jumping to conclusions a tad too quick.

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up in 2013 and they were great. Things have changed but hopefully it's just been a simple mistake. I wouldn't expect Sony to not let a developer at least reach the next stage.

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like this is a shit post.

--

Never heard of this game and I follow VR pretty well, but certainly some type of response be it negative, positive or an automated reply should be in order.

Fair response. Just salty because I was very impressed with Sony at the start of this generation and been increasingly more and more disappointed at the tail-end. Apologies.