Hisashi Nogami confirms Splatoon 3 is not in development yet, no thoughts about what's next

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I'm sure they are always prototyping new Splatoon concepts, saying they are not working on Splatoon 3 doesn't really mean anything. When Animal Crossing is finished they will no doubt move to full production on a new Splatoon project.

aggrocrog

Oct 29, 2017
Can’t imagine they’d go “no more content updates and no more Splatfests. Next Splatoon content is out 6 years after the release of Splatoon 2”

Pictured a spin off of sorts coming out in the near future. Guess we’ll see
This is my thought. The way it's worded, I feel like a non-multiplayer online shooter game set in the Splatoon universe is what's in the works.

There's no way an IP that's sold 3m Japan alone is just sitting around. Nogami doesn't have to be working on it full-time with Animal Crossing in the works, and it could be something led by younger staff.

Mobu

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
lmao at people thinking it wont come out until the next Nintendo console

theyre not waiting six years for Splatoon 3

Tiggleton

Apr 25, 2019
Well, back to pushing my ideal spin offs. SRPG Splatoon ala Mario x Rabbids or a full blown rhythm / idol game like Persona dancing or the Miku games.
Alternatively, do we have enough characters / is the series big enough for a warriors spin off yet?
I would prefer an RTS where you control an entire team instead of being one player in a team. That would fill a void in Nintendo's library.

Not sure a Warriors game would fit since most of the weapons are ranged based. Plus I can't imagine integrating the inking mechanics into a warriors game either.

Braaier

Oct 29, 2017
I've been right many times before and never rubbed it in people's face though. But that Splatoon 3 discussion seems to inexplicably irritate some of the people who, because they spend their lives on this forum, think that they can police the discussions. Damn right I ain't changing on Splatoon 3; I said fiscal year 2020 and I will stand by that until March 2021. And if it doesn't happen, it means that the Splatoon team has been busy with something else entirely new !!(and no, that is probably NOT Animal Crossing as it's been proven that those are mostly separate teams)
And honestly, I'd take a new IP any day of the week from them, so everybody wins!
I'm not bothered. I just think it's funny. Your avatar and splatoon 3 are forever linked in my brain.

zakatana

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm not bothered. I just think it's funny. Your avatar and splatoon 3 are forever linked in my brain.
You have never been one of the aggressive ones I'm mentioning. Which is why I answered.
And like Tito Ortiz crushing this pack of apple juice on my avatar, I will crush some people's feeling when next year, Splatoon 3 will be revealed at E3. And if they reveal something else, I'll still probably be happy.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Yeah, it's obvious that you're speaking for yourself, I'm saying why do you think that's most of the Fanbase. You made it seem like no one would care about the franchise if they stopped supporting until 3.
Never said nobody would care, over all my posts I mentioned every time that people would stay (especially Japan - similar to Splatoon 1) but nobody can't deny that stopping supporting it won't have negative effects in the long run, just like any other GaaS game would have. In other word, Splatfests are turf wars pure so for people more like you,no? And new weapons,nerfs/bufs/modes for more dedicated player, right? To bad we won't get them anymore, the WHOLE fanbase loses this way.

Thatguy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Why in the world would they not split the team? Splatoon is a huge franchise now that deserves constant development, much like Zelda deserves. AC and Splatoon are for very different demographics too and the games are totally different genres.

So now we either have a long wait for S3 or a short dev cycle meaning most likely just a content release. Splatoon is the best shooter on pure gameplay but it's begging for a lot of modern features like a client/server account system, split screen multiplayer, coop campaign, etc. Imagine a 30 vs 30 BR mode. They needed to be developing this stuff for the last 2 years, not start in 2020.