• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

New Artbook Leak Confirms Diablo 4

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for Diablo IV and Diablo II Remastered.

I just wish it was also on GOG like Diablo and Warcraft I/II

Skab

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fucking shit, you guys. The need to frame EVERYTHING as some sort of conspiracy damage control is ridiculous.

Like, some of you are actually insinuating that Blizzard purposely leaked D4 in a print ad for an artbook that was announced months ago. Come the fuck on.

If still isometric view I'm in. If they changed like rumours were saying I'm out
The rumors were that they scrapped the other versions and went back to a traditional view.

Last edited:

touchfuzzy

Jul 27, 2019
I sincerely hope gamers stand their ground for once and are true to the morals they supposedly have. Vouching for freedom of speech, expression, human rights in forums is useless if you comply and give them your money either way. Threads vouching for equality in games won't change the world nor companies, if you don't do actually do something about it other than complain online, they won't improve.
Please Blizzard fans, be strong. Help them change and don't give in
They won't -- you can already see in this thread it's already 50/50 "Fuck Blizzard" to "Yay Diablo 4!" and it's only been a couple weeks. By the time this actually comes out no one will care anymore.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it's as much corporate mandate as it is a shift in company culture brought on by self-reflection.
Titan's failure demonstrated that confident pre-production and a strong direction are important before production.
Hearthstone showed that smaller, pointed products can make big market impact.
With all this romancing of the "new direction in company culture" it's hard to ignore the shitfest that is Blizzard atm. So while people might like to speak to how bad Blizzard used to be with some titles having rough development or spotlight the mistakes they have made, the current leadership is disastrous. Blizzard's image has almost entirely eroded over the last few years and they ain't getting that back.

I'd take a few games that don't work out over a disconnected leadership that shows off a mobile game on a Blizzcon main stage and who's most headline grabbing moments are international incidents.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes we get it. Not every Blizzard thread needs to be swamped with these posts. It contributes nothing to Hong Kong or the threads themselves. Blizzard nor the posters here can liberate Hong Kong.
There is no swamping, really it’s all I or any of us can do as a consumer on a high visibility gaming forum.

I put 1,000 plus hours into D3 and have been playing Blizzard games since the WC2 days and the SNES, fuck Blizzard.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to get this right after D3.

I’m really curious to see how they implement MTX. I’m not against them, but I hate Overwatch’s loot boxes.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Yes we get it. Not every Blizzard thread needs to be swamped with these posts. It contributes nothing to Hong Kong or the threads themselves. Blizzard nor the posters here can liberate Hong Kong.

Anyway I hope Diablo 4 will be shown soon and that it can somehow be a return to form and a reinvention at the same time. I don't know if today's Blizzard can do it, but Overwatch turned out great so I know they still have some talent there.

Between Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 rumors, I'm pretty excited.
Liberate Hong Kong.

Kilrogg

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard, I was so waiting for D4, and then you had to go and be complete tools. Not that I'm surprised: few, if any companies (especially a big company, and ESPECIALLY Activision) stands for anything but money under capitalism... But still.

I'll still watch the stupid show to see what D4 looks like and to enjoy the trainwreck, but ugh. Hopefully I stay strong. The memory of D3's botched launch and poor handling will be enough to make me at least wait months before making a decision, during which time Blizzard might make amends in a somewhat decent way, but I'm not holding my breath.

[EDIT] Also, I support Hong-Kong, if that wasn't clear. Well, apart from the right-wing/MAGA-hat wearing plants obviously.

TatteredHat

Oct 26, 2017
Knowing Blizzard the release is gonna be years out, maybe by that time they'll have found a spare bag of morals from which they can pull a proper apology for their recent bullshit.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
There’s enough scrapped diablo 4’s for an art book within itself. Also free Hong Kong

Bosch

May 15, 2019
Holy fucking shit, you guys. The need to frame EVERYTHING as some sort of conspiracy damage control is ridiculous.

Like, some of you are actually insinuating that Blizzard purposely leaked D4 in a print ad for an artbook that was announced months ago. Come the fuck on.

The rumors were that they scrapped the other versions and went back to a traditional view.
Thanks God!

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Hopefully it's more like POE. The artstyle I mean.
PoE has great looking environments, but that's where it ends for me. The character and enemy artstyle is pretty bland/uneven, although some of the (paid) skins do look pretty sweet. All I want is D2 style back, with the fluidity and other technical improvements of D3.

Man, Blizzcon is really going to be a shitshow, eh? Protests at the same time as D4 (and possible D2 remaster) reveal will create a lot of cognitive dissonance.

Nome

Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
And not everything needs to be defended.
A sensible explanation is not a defense. Unless you're considering these conspiracies an attack too?

With all this romancing of the "new direction in company culture" it's hard to ignore the shitfest that is Blizzard atm. So while people might like to speak to how bad Blizzard used to be with some titles having rough development or spotlight the mistakes they have made, the current leadership is disastrous. Blizzard's image has almost entirely eroded over the last few years and they ain't getting that back.

I'd take a few games that don't work out over a disconnected leadership that shows off a mobile game on a Blizzcon main stage and who's most headline grabbing moments are international incidents.
Maybe you'd prefer the old culture, but a lot of Blizzard's employees didn't, and left the company over it.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I mean these kind of leaks always happen before an announcement so they can gauge the current hype for a thing. People have their tinfoil hats on because of the recent events.
Considering they were going to show D4 last year and pulled it at the last second, I think its safe to assume people have those shiny hats on. Information for most games begin leaking right before the reveal often.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this idea that the leaks are intentional. Blizzcon is already going to be a wreck, imagine people going into it already knowing what they're releasing. Does not sound like a strong move.

Then again, considering their other recent moves...

Also, Boycott Blizzard.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
And not everything needs to be defended
Stating facts is not defending, it is clarifying direct fallacies no more and no less. If you are going to stand for something would not not at least want to make sure that you are using correct facts? Alot of fud is being thrown around and alot of people spouting things without a thought as if they are true or not, that does not help any cause. Hate Blizzard if you want that is fine but at least make sure it is for real reasons and not just knee jerk memes and assumptions.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I love Diablo III. Sunk thousands of hours into it across three different platforms. But unless something big changes RE: Hong Kong and Blizzard's policies, fuck this noise.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe you'd prefer the old culture, but a lot of Blizzard's employees didn't, and left the company over it.
Plenty have left and been fired under the "new culture" and based on stories from last year and currently, morale is pretty low there right now. The culture there now is basically just greed.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Stating facts is not defending, it is clarifying direct fallacies no more and no less. If you are going to stand for something would not not at least want to make sure that you are using correct facts? Alot of fud is being thrown around and alot of people spouting things without a thought as if they are true or not, that does not help any cause. Hate Blizzard if you want that is fine but at least make sure it is for real reasons and not just knee jerk memes and assumptions.
That's fair.

But to be honest, if you're reading that much into my first comment, then you're probably taking it too seriously to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
O-H-I-O
Do people say this when things leak before E3? I mean Blizzcon is coming up which is the place yearly where Blizzard makes all their announcements. Come on now.
You would think Blizzard decided to just announce Diablo 4 2 weeks ago or something by what people are saying about this shit. I mean fuck Blizzard and all that but this game was being announced at Blizzcon with or without the China bullshit.

Claven

Game Localization
Verified
Aug 22, 2018
Can't wait for another Blizzard game that will feature a story about standing up for what is right in the face of tyranny.

Even without their recent sympathy for genocidal dictatorships, I would be hard pressed to muster any excitement for Diablo 4 considering their output in recent years.