• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I find it hard to imagine Kentucky getting a democratic governor even if bevin is total shit.

supra

Oct 30, 2017
Because her chances of getting elected/actually getting policy through > his possibility of getting elected and getting policy through
Republicans aren't suddenly going to vote for her plans because they're means-tested. You just go to the bargaining table with your own party with a much weaker position.

Electability is just Democrats voting for who they think can appeal to "middle america schmoes" instead of voting for their interests.

Blue Skies

Mar 27, 2019
Republicans aren't suddenly going to vote for her plans because they're means-tested. You just go to the bargaining table with your own party with a much weaker position.

Electability is just Democrats voting for who they think can appeal to "middle america schmoes" instead of voting for their interests.
Please look into Warren

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
This collapsed into a two-person race way faster than I expected. Has his decline accelerated post heart attack? (Couldn't find any aggregates with up-to-date numbers)

Kirblar

Oct 25, 2017

Briahna did a good job exposing what "Means Testing" complaints are really about: Upper-Middle class young people upset about potentially getting left out of future benefits because they're personally well off.

You don't bargain with the other party, you bargain with the electorate and with your own is the lesson of the Obama years.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
So because of this Bloomberg nonsense I decided to look up what is the latest date a presidential candidate has entered the race?

James K. Polk, the 11th President of the United States, entered the Presidential race in the midst of the Democratic convention. In terms of proximity to a party's primary, Polk is the latest campaigner to be elected President.
The more you know. I hope Bloomberg stays the f out.

Pretty sure this video is old, fyi.
You might be right. I just happened across it under Trump's "America First" tweet and had never seen it before so assumed it was new.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it was here that someone mentioned PredictIt today, and I had no idea that Yang has been third on that site to be the nominee for months. lol

KtotheRoc

Oct 27, 2017

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I literally have no clue what Trump is doing in Syria. Like, what the fuck??

just a total disaster on every front

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Warren should now ask for a dinner date, so "I can tell you I am going to break you into pieces to your face."

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get Zuck's strategy with that message, does he just want to write another ad for Warren and make her point for her?

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
He could have just left the US troops there and everything would have been relatively fine. But no...in his mind his moves are genius!

Kaitos

Oct 25, 2017

I don’t think “means tested” really describes many of Warren’s plans. Most of them are universal in their coverage.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get Zuck's strategy with that message, does he just want to write another ad for Warren and make her point for her?
The strategy is to deflect from the actually problem and just say liberals are mad that he talked to Tucker Carlson when it’s not it

It’s that he’s mysteriously changing the rules to allow fake news and false political propaganda after meeting with them

Also to deflect the fact that he’d do everything in his power to stop Elizabeth Warren

Talking to Ben Shapiro or what the fuck ever means jack shit but his salty liberals don’t have open minds is how he’s trying to frame it and it’ll probably work

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
he's sounding like a businessman downplaying the malice of the republican party because that's what he is. it's a standard both-side-ing phrase for those who want to pretend there's middle ground between hate and decency.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I wanna see the receipts. Sure Zuckerberg might be meeting liberals, but is it on the same topic? I doubt it.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Notice how he never called Trump or any republican an existential threat and that he’d “go to the mat and fight” them to make sure they don’t get in power

Look at what the right did with those texts from randos at the FBI. If this was flipped and Zuck said this about conservatives he’d literally be getting ripped apart limb by limb right now by them all. Fact is we aren’t taking just how insane Zucks comments were seriously and we can’t let him reframe this like a both sides shit he’s trying

He basically admitted Warren and the liberals are what he has a problem with and don’t let him spin it

Status
Not open for further replies.