• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Pokémon Sword and Shield: Spoiler, leaks and datamine thread (Discussion guidelines in OP)

pld

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh. I just don't understand the need to design all new forms for old Pokemon that are only temporary in battle and can only be used in special areas of the world....and will be dumped and never brought back after the games release.
Yup. I would rather see new Pokémon or at least regional forms than that tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. I just don't understand the need to design all new forms for old Pokemon that are only temporary in battle and can only be used in special areas of the world....and will be dumped and never brought back after the games release.
because you don't need to make everything while thinking about the consequences of ten years later when designing a game
i want to have fun with these fun mechanics now. not in several years.

Lumi

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough, I guess it'd be pretty asinine of me to try to get you to hate something lmao.

Maybe it's weird but there's something about the "physics" of Pokemon that sometimes colors my opinion on Pokemon. I cannot stand seeing Unown for even a second because it looks like it would be unthinkably creepy in real life. Stuff like Primarina's frills and Gardevoir's dress don't look natural either.

Honestly if Primarina had better eyes, and if the frills were less like skin flaps, Primarina would probably be one of my favorite starters.
It's all about understanding what others think.

I really like the creepy otherworldliness of the eyes myself, but I also think they look pretty. Both qualities are fitting for a mermaid.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's cool we've got 4 Electric type lines confirmed so far. Gives me more hope for a bigger new dex count.

Morpeko
Yamper
Pincurchin
Little purple Poison guy

Granted Morpeko is single stage, and I kinda suspect Pincurchin will be too.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Posting inflammatory cross-forum drama
Lol

[Mod edit: Inflammatory link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rand a. Thor

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The discord truly is a sight to behold, people doing art requests like stooges in the off chance he leaks anything and him insisting that its fun to speculate so I ain't posting nuthing more is being flung every second as a respone.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine it: gen 13 and you've got to sift through 259 different mega stones.
that too. it's nice to start from a clean state from time to time when it comes to mega/forms etc

side note: serebii seems to indicate that the leaks do come from review copies (for the in game screenshots)

NotLiquid

Oct 25, 2017
A simple yes or no question and then I'm out (I'm not reading this thread): in regards to this chart that's floating around about which Pokémon got cut, which ones have galar forms and which one have new regional evolutions. Have people verified that it's legit? Just a yes or no will do. If so, I'm decently happy with how things turned out.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
i don’t understand why longevity is such a huge concern
Creature permanence used to be a hallmark of the series. Pokémon that are impossible to obtain effectively don’t exist. People dislike the idea of getting attached to a new Pokémon that, in the future, would no longer be part of the series.

As someone who has tried to stay mostly positive throughout this prerelease cycle, even I am seeing all these cool new designs and feel a tinge of anxiety that I will not be able to take them with me.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The guidebook the leaker has, btw doesn't necessarily have all new mons in it, since the pokedex book is sold separately.

We need someone who plays the game and gets forward asap

KillstealWolf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A simple yes or no question and then I'm out (I'm not reading this thread): in regards to this chart that's floating around about which Pokémon got cut, which ones have galar forms and which one have new regional evolutions. Have people verified that it's legit? Just a yes or no will do. If so, I'm decently happy with how things turned out.
That chart is fake as fake. It doesn't even have the new pokemon added from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, or the Meltans.

Here, use my chart for now. This is everything known since the overview trailer.

It'll be updated when we have solid confirmation from datamining or videos or the like.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Creature permanence used to be a hallmark of the series. Pokémon that are impossible to obtain effectively don’t exist. People dislike the idea of getting attached to a new Pokémon that, in the future, would no longer be part of the series.

As someone who has tried to stay mostly positive throughout this prerelease cycle, even I am seeing all these cool new designs and feel a tinge of anxiety that I will not be able to take them with me.
naw I get it, just don’t relate

games cut and add features all the time, just because Pokémon hasn’t done it before doesn’t mean it would never happen

not saying everyone should be ok with it but not a concern of mine at all

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
blurry pics i get are to just troll but whats up with the guide leaker posting upside-down pics? its really stupid. Do they think its funny or something? it can easily just be flipped so i don't get why they're going out of their way to take upside down pictures.